We Can't Tell You Who WWe Are: Animorphs Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lynch Ceke

Knowing that there are no original wolves makes her posting style seem less off than before, but she still seems like the best option right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
nQfwGRn.png

The sunset was gorgeous today, with blood-red cloud streaks streaming into the sun. The orange light silhouetted a group of angry dark shapes approaching a fleet-footed, lithe creature - a garatron.

Garatrons are quite neat, although not very much is known about them. Just think "fast" - fast metabolism, fast feet, fast speech. Well... this one simply wasn't fast enough to dodge the screaming group accusing her of being an evil Controller.​

Dead is @Ceke2002, Garatron - a villager who could evade one lynch or night kill with her impressive speed.

It is now Night 4. Night will close at 5AM, but try and get actions in tonight.

jXb1PNE.png

ROSTER:
The Gardens

1. @Jilary
3. @StartingoverVet
4. @WhtsThFrequency

Abandoned Construction Site
5. @PrincessButterCup
6. @guisantes
7. @Filly Bay
8. @katashark

The Yeerk Pool
9. @kcoughli
10. @dyachei
11. @Flim Flam Man

Dome Ship
13. @Zensing
14. @Lupin21
15. @SummerTheLynx
16. @WildZoo

The Sharing Meeting
18. @JaynaAli
19. @Devastating
20. @genny

Hork-Bajir Valley
22. @Mad Jack
24. @Saki Nishibi

DEAD

23. @Animal Midwife - Taxxon
12. @Gwenevre - Orff
2. @hazelmoo - Helmacron
17. @ResoluteMike - Rachel
21. @Ceke2002 - Garatron

Last edited:
Sorry @Ceke2002 :(

FFM's unlynch apparently made a tie. I wonder how the tie was broken?'

@Filly Bay, would really like an answer about role name. You're still somewhat sketchy, and role name shouldn't be protected info since you've already outed your ability.

@Filly Bay, would really like an answer about role name. You're still somewhat sketchy, and role name shouldn't be protected info since you've already outed your ability.
No he switched to ceke so it was 4-3

Members don't see this ad :)
---------
Well gee, would you look at that, I was telling the truth. We're just dropping by home to have some lunch, and then we're heading out again so I guess I will see you guys...oh, that's right, I won't, I'm dead. :heckyeah:
---------

Guis knows my role name now. I don't think there is any reason to reveal it to everyone until after the night cycle, assuming I make it to morning.

---------
By the way, did you guys all happen to miss the fact that I quite clearly said I didn't know if I was going to be able to be back online in time for day lynch end, because I had family/hubby commitments all day today and wouldn't have internet access? Bit hard to answer questions from people when I can't actually get online to do so. What, did you expect me to send out a carrier pigeon or something?
---------

B1q363y.png

The night air was filled with strange sizzling sounds and disconcerting flashes of red light. When the dawn came, everybody was shocked to find two dead; the first, Cassie - a gentle soul who preached pacifism throughout war and who would heal the wounds of any injured. She was professionally killed from a well placed, cauterized shot through the head.

And the second, an Isk; a strange, symbiotic creature whose past of benevolent manipulation was important to the future. She succumbed from receiving just one more painful, bleeding wound.

How unfortunate.

Dead is @genny, Cassie - a villager who could comfort and heal one person each night while in her wolf morph.

Dead is @WildZoo, the Isk of an Iskoort - a villager who could communicate directly with her Yoort, and who could not be converted.

It is now Day 5. Lynch will close at 9PM EST.

jXb1PNE.png

ROSTER:
The Gardens

1. @Jilary
3. @StartingoverVet
4. @WhtsThFrequency

Abandoned Construction Site
5. @PrincessButterCup
6. @guisantes
7. @Filly Bay
8. @katashark

The Yeerk Pool
9. @kcoughli
10. @dyachei
11. @Flim Flam Man

Dome Ship
13. @Zensing
14. @Lupin21
15. @SummerTheLynx

The Sharing Meeting
18. @JaynaAli
19. @Devastating

Hork-Bajir Valley
22. @Mad Jack
24. @Saki Nishibi

DEAD

23. @Animal Midwife - Taxxon
12. @Gwenevre - Orff
2. @hazelmoo - Helmacron
17. @ResoluteMike - Rachel
21. @Ceke2002 - Garatron
16. @WildZoo - Isk
20. @genny - Cassie

Last edited:
Two deaths, one definitely by a gun and the other possibly an injury. Anybody want to fess up to having the gun last night and accidentally killing one of these two?

I'm moving my son into college today, so I'm not sure I'll be able to check in again, but FB better have a really good alibi.

Would also like to know who had gun and who had Call of the gods. Any useful info?

Give me a couple of minutes to check how STL responded last night, and I'll post results.

STL does NOT know the role name or species of the wolves

STL DOES know about converts. He says there have already been three or more conversions

STL does NOT know the current number of wolves.

@SummerTheLynx, could you please like this if correct?

Reactions: 1 user
STL does NOT know the role name or species of the wolves

STL DOES know about converts. He says there have already been three or more conversions

STL does NOT know the current number of wolves.

@SummerTheLynx, could you please like this if correct?

I can confirm that there have been at least 2 conversions and I think there is a max of 4.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The gun kill was not accidental- whomever did it was a wolf.

I'm going to lay things out straight, because I'm really busy and have pretty much lost my will to go on without WZ- if anyone has any inkling of whom a wolf might be, send it my way. I can strike down one evil player in the game, and cannot harm a good player if I pick the wrong target, but I only get one attempt so I want to make it count.

Lost healer and a non-convertible villager in a conversion-heavy game...great.

I'd still like to hear more from Jayna--only other person left in my group now, and I don't remember if someone said she had a villagey ability but that doesn't mean much when conversions are in play.

I'd still like to hear more from Jayna--only other person left in my group now, and I don't remember if someone said she had a villagey ability but that doesn't mean much when conversions are in play.
I remember WZ vouched for Jayna. I think that's all anyone said for her, though.

I can confirm that there have been at least 2 conversions and I think there is a max of 4.
So, likely 3-4 conversions. By/after night... 4, I think? About one conversion a night?

As of day 1, we had 0 wolves ( according to zen?) but the end of night 1 we had two wolves (mod provided info to me). So idk if it's 1 per night or not, but that's what it averages out to. Also there is no chaos. Just wolves/villagers/neutral.

Both WZ and jilary have backed me up at this point. I tried PMing you and the rest of our group previously but you never replied so I haven't tried again.

Both WZ and jilary have backed me up at this point. I tried PMing you and the rest of our group previously but you never replied so I haven't tried again.
I know I haven't really been active in the group PM (sorry about that), I didn't get to PM anyone last night either so unfortunately nothing new from genny before her death. I meant more in terms of on-thread, though.

I've never been a big poster in these games and I've worked 12 or 13 hour days on clinics this past week which has made it hard. I'm off clinics next week though, so aside from a little bit of time teaching the second years I'll be around some more.

I think we have to think more meta here.
With multiple conversions this game is awfully tough for villagers, so there has to be more to it than "we have no idea who can be a wolf".

I hate @DocEspana 's favorite littany about breaking eggs, but this might be one of those games.
We have to figure out what is the clue to who is more likely to be wolf than others.

For example, I would guess animorphs are less likely to be wolves. And andalites. Can't say 100% but it seems a starting point.

Maybe if we can categorize people we can start to figure out who to try to lynch, break a few eggs and learn something.

Also, was there any clue in the books about how to find yeerks?

With multiple conversions this game is awfully tough for villagers, so there has to be more to it than "we have no idea who can be a wolf".

I hate @DocEspana 's favorite littany about breaking eggs, but this might be one of those games.
We have to figure out what is the clue to who is more likely to be wolf than others.

For example, I would guess animorphs are less likely to be wolves. And andalites. Can't say 100% but it seems a starting point.

Maybe if we can categorize people we can start to figure out who to try to lynch, break a few eggs and learn something.

come on. Its a great way to approach the game.

Reactions: 1 users

Don't think so in books. Yeerks don't have real bodies of their own (they're parasitic slugs), so we're most likely looking for Controllers (Yeerk-infected hosts). Yeerks have near-total control over their hosts - original host only makes an appearance when the Yeerk leaves to feed at the Yeerk pool (at which time the host is probably imprisoned to prevent escape) and very occasionally in moments of great stress (although the Yeerk quickly regains control)

As of day 1, we had 0 wolves ( according to zen?) but the end of night 1 we had two wolves (mod provided info to me). So idk if it's 1 per night or not, but that's what it averages out to. Also there is no chaos. Just wolves/villagers/neutral.

This is why I'd like to hear from other people who had and used Call to the gods. I'm wondering how reliable that item is.
Kata, did you get your info from that item as well?

This is why I'd like to hear from other people who had and used Call to the gods. I'm wondering how reliable that item is.
Kata, did you get your info from that item as well?
It is possible that the call goes to a god randomly, and we get reliable info only 1/2 the time, or maybe the gods can just screw around with us all the time.
The plural makes me worried. If a bad god is giving us info, that wouldn't be good.

When I designed games with "bad" info, villagers got confused very easily AND I GAVE THE VILLAGERS A MEAN FOR CONFIRMATION OF INFO, but they still didn't catch on. So if that is what we have here, then we are doubly screwed.

Never seen a game with no wolves to start (usually there is minimum of 1)... and the games starting with 1 wolf and lots of recruitment are hard for villagers.
If we had bad info on top, there would need to be some seriously strong villager powers. I have seen little sign of that.
We have lots of role name seering going on which so far has been useless. We lost an affiliation seer (assume we have one more).
There must be more untapped abilities out there. We have a few assassin types, but they are hardly useful if you can't ID wolves, and I do know that there are some hard to kill characters out there (wolves or villagers is unknown).

I am just talking out loud here... because except for a whole lot of PM ability, which hasn't done much for us so far but get a lot of vouching, I don't see what we have going for us.

Reactions: 2 users
Trying to think who Kcough or STL would recruit. They wouldn't want to be too obvious if we figured out they were wolf-making.

Maybe if I were doing that I would go straight noob.

lynch Saki

posts had struck me as off, and I think a smart wolf maker does the unexpected.

Trying to think who Kcough or STL would recruit. They wouldn't want to be too obvious if we figured out they were wolf-making.

Maybe if I were doing that I would go straight noob.

lynch Saki

posts had struck me as off, and I think a smart wolf maker does the unexpected.

Recruit? Whatever does that mean? Like have me join their side?? Make me into a wolf? I thought they were trying to help us . . .

Recruit? Whatever does that mean? Like have me join their side?? Make me into a wolf? I thought they were trying to help us . . .
Recruit = convert (probably to wolfdom, in this case)

Ellmist is probably trying to help us, but Craylor is probably trying to harm us. I suppose they could both be neutral, but Ellmist picks people to gain morphs and Craylor (less frequently) gets to pick people to be wolves. Hand-picking a wolf team seems pretty broken unless the wolves are severely nerfed. Other people's thoughts?

Has anyone tried to talk to kcoughli? It might be useful to compare kcoughli and STL's answers to similar questions.

Reactions: 2 users