Werewolf in the Garden of Good & Evil - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1559758079046-png.266106

Unofficial Oho! Where does your garden grow?!

Stagg (2) - AM, dolphino
Lawpy (1) - Mixalot
Mixalot (2) - Lawpy, genny
AM (3) - FTF, MJ, Moosy
Navs (1) - Skilary
Mizzy (1) - Barky
FTF (1) - mizzy
acan (1) - mutts
Skilary (1) - Coops

13/20 voting
Lynch will close at 10pm Eastern (~3 hrs)

tenor.gif

Members don't see this ad.

So given that we have to wrap things up safely and succinctly, and given my role and the fact I *have* to submit an action nightly... It would be in the best interest of the village to lynch me. I am a delayed ambusher that is a villager and doesn't get to choose my targets. I have to pick a villager to watch each night and I trap one person who visits them, then they die two cycles later. It is a dangerous mechanic to use, as I have no choice in who the victim is and per my read of the rules must submit my action nightly... I think that makes me too dangerous to live, and too likely to obfuscate kills by making double kill nights happen which will muddy results. As much as I hate to do this right after coming back, I can see how my role will likely play out and it will not be in favor of the village

Unlynch AM, lynch MJ

Members don't see this ad :)
So given that we have to wrap things up safely and succinctly, and given my role and the fact I *have* to submit an action nightly... It would be in the best interest of the village to lynch me. I am a delayed ambusher that is a villager and doesn't get to choose my targets. I have to pick a villager to watch each night and I trap one person who visits them, then they die two cycles later. It is a dangerous mechanic to use, as I have no choice in who the victim is and per my read of the rules must submit my action nightly... I think that makes me too dangerous to live, and too likely to obfuscate kills by making double kill nights happen which will muddy results. As much as I hate to do this right after coming back, I can see how my role will likely play out and it will not be in favor of the village

Unlynch AM, lynch MJ

:confused:

Reactions: 1 user

Unlynch AM, lynch MJ
No. Listen. No village role hurts the village. That's a fallacy. Unlynch yourself so wolves don't have a free cycle.

Unlynch AM, lynch MJ
No. Listen. No village role hurts the village. That's a fallacy. Unlynch yourself so wolves don't have a free cycle.
What the ****? How can this help the village? What a stupid role if true

Members don't see this ad :)
It could be a great role if I could choose not to use it, but given the game requirements it makes it a wrench in the village. It could help because all wolves have a technically active role with kills that could target players, but the potential to accidentally kill a deer or tracker or protector just make it a high risk moderate-to-low reward proposition

what are your thoughts on MJ's description though? because that is reading as really convoluted for me :confused:
It is a risky role. It's stresses good village play. With that role you'd only watch people you'd think are at risk of nightkill. Even then, it's delayed kills so not like the damage will be too extensive.
Tell me why you're so upset with my voting for you when there's still 3 hours left until lynch?
This reasoning is very weak and I've seen much stronger votes from you.

But that'd assume MJ's role is in fact village. And his description is reading super complicated and I don't understand why village roles would be anti-village and dangerous :confused:
There is only village and wolves this game, if I were a wolf I obviously wouldn't out myself like this. I think it was done to create confusion in the absence of a third faction and to give villagers a sort of wildcard

9 people haven’t voted though so why her specifically? And if it was random then why did you say feels?
It's not random, of the people that haven't posted feels lead me to choose her

It is a risky role. It's stresses good village play. With that role you'd only watch people you'd think are at risk of nightkill. Even then, it's delayed kills so not like the damage will be too extensive.

This reasoning is very weak and I've seen much stronger votes from you.
Seems more detrimental than any form of helpful

There is only village and wolves this game, if I were a wolf I obviously wouldn't out myself like this. I think it was done to create confusion in the absence of a third faction and to give villagers a sort of wildcard
But your role may be our only vigilante type role. I agree with what AM said, with good strategy you could actually kill wolves

Why those two? FTF is especially unusual in the context of voting me right now.

I'm looking at you currently.
I'm looking at people who haven't justified their vote.
And as I said before, the vote for you was a joke but you're kinda making it real because you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I'm looking at people who haven't justified their vote.
And as I said before, the vote for you was a joke but you're kinda making it real because you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Hm. Do you think Skim and FTF are w/w?

*~~ The Beginning ~~*

View attachment 266078

O, mickle is the powerful grace that lies
In herbs, plants, stones, and their true qualities:

For naught so vile that on the earth doth live
But to the earth some special good doth give,

Nor aught so good but strain'd from that fair use
Revolts from true birth, stumbling on abuse:

Virtue itself turns vice, being misapplied;
And vice sometimes by actions dignified.

Within the infant rind of this small flower
Poison hath residence and medicine power:

For this, being smelt, with that part cheers each part;
Being tasted, slays all senses with the heart.
Two such opposed kings encamp them still
In man as well as herbs, grace, and rude will;

And where the worser is predominant,

Full soon the canker death eats up that plant.

~William Shakespeare

It is now Day One.
Day One will end at 10pm Eastern.
~​

(Starting to check thread after a day)

Werewolf being in purple is interesting, makes me think towards a tiered wolf game.

The multiple colors at that Shakespeare post makes me think of the color of different factions in the game.

(Starting to check thread after a day)

Werewolf being in purple is interesting, makes me think towards a tiered wolf game.

The multiple colors at that Shakespeare post makes me think of the color of different factions in the game.
Y'all skipped over the rules looking for them mechanics.

Reactions: 1 users

Unlynch AM, lynch MJ

You could just not submit a night action. Sounds like first offense is just a warning, even if it's not why waste a lynch on someone outing themselves as village? Seems silly.

It could be a great role if I could choose not to use it, but given the game requirements it makes it a wrench in the village. It could help because all wolves have a technically active role with kills that could target players, but the potential to accidentally kill a deer or tracker or protector just make it a high risk moderate-to-low reward proposition

But then you can get free deer jerky...

Unlynch AM, lynch MJ

I am not sure if the statistics play out for this, I disagree with this logic. But how much control do you have there? And you say you get to pick a villager each night. And if that wasn’t a word slip up, you pretty much just said you have an affiliation seer mechanic built into your role.

Did rules say something about no copy and pasting of roles?