Werewolf in the Garden of Good & Evil - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So given that we have to wrap things up safely and succinctly, and given my role and the fact I *have* to submit an action nightly... It would be in the best interest of the village to lynch me. I am a delayed ambusher that is a villager and doesn't get to choose my targets. I have to pick a villager to watch each night and I trap one person who visits them, then they die two cycles later. It is a dangerous mechanic to use, as I have no choice in who the victim is and per my read of the rules must submit my action nightly... I think that makes me too dangerous to live, and too likely to obfuscate kills by making double kill nights happen which will muddy results. As much as I hate to do this right after coming back, I can see how my role will likely play out and it will not be in favor of the village

Unlynch AM, lynch MJ
If this was coming from anyone BUT you...

Lynch Genny

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Or his role is to kill someone on his lynch

Sketch points for coopah in this one. While villagers sometimes think like this, wolves think like this much more often. Most of the time when I am village, I don’t care much about my life so long as it benefits the greater good.

~~~~~~

No copying and pasting of role PMs, paraphrase only

Clarification on the action submission requirement that was my bad: players can absolutely choose not to use an action, but it needs to be a strategic choice and not just a "whoops I peaced out for 24 hours and didn't contingency."

Submit No Action if you are opting to not use a role.

~~~~~~~~

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1559758079046-png.266106

Unofficial Oho! Where does your garden grow?!

Stagg (2) - AM, dolphino
Lawpy (1) - Mixalot
Mixalot (2) - Lawpy, genny
AM (2) - FTF, Moosy
Navs (1) - Skilary
Mizzy (1) - Barky
FTF (1) - mizzy
acan (1) - mutts
Skilary (1) - Coops
MJ (1) - MJ
Sporty (1) - Stagg
genny (1) - Mel

14/20 voting
Lynch will close at 10pm Eastern (~2.5 hrs)

tenor.gif

I am not sure if the statistics play out for this, I disagree with this logic. But how much control do you have there? And you say you get to pick a villager each night. And if that wasn’t a word slip up, you pretty much just said you have an affiliation seer mechanic built into your role.

Did rules say something about no copy and pasting of roles?
I think it was a word slip up. Maybe he has to choose a person instead of a villager. If not he would have to know a good amount of villagers in order to choose.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it was a word slip up. Maybe he has to choose a person instead of a villager. If not he would have to know a good amount of villagers in order to choose.

Or the role doesn’t function if he doesn’t pick a villager. Which would be a GREAT villager role, but a horrible one to put on the thread.

Also MJ, you should not respond to the above logic flow, just nod, think about the wording of your pm, and use appropriately.

I like to vote for people I haven't played with in a while. It's like giving them a hug, but a little more intense.

Pot meet kettle?
You are wrong, sir. No one asked me for my reasoning until you did. And I was commenting on Flush's reticence to give reasoning.

Or the role doesn’t function if he doesn’t pick a villager. Which would be a GREAT villager role, but a horrible one to put on the thread.
1000.gif
This is another reason why I think its a person and not just villagers. It would be too easy to find out who's village and who's a wolf, especially since there are no third parties. I guess he could possibly be restricted from saying who was wolf or village to make things interesting :shrug: . I don't know how I feel about him disclosing his role on thread. I for one do not feel like hoping on his lynch.

OMG could you be any bossier?

That’s the one you comment on? The one where it only benefits wolves if he goes any further with his explanation? I am bossy in several other posts leading up to that.

*********lynch genny*********

But your role may be our only vigilante type role. I agree with what AM said, with good strategy you could actually kill wolves
~~~~~~

No copying and pasting of role PMs, paraphrase only

Clarification on the action submission requirement that was my bad: players can absolutely choose not to use an action, but it needs to be a strategic choice and not just a "whoops I peaced out for 24 hours and didn't contingency."

Submit No Action if you are opting to not use a role.

~~~~~~~~
Well that changes everything lol

Do you have any feels for anyone else that hasn’t posted?
I'm fighting the urge to switch my vote to you because you've been village every game and I've always been wrong when I want to lynch you. But you're sitting on a grudge vote and asking questions of others while not putting forth reads of your own.

Sketch points for coopah in this one. While villagers sometimes think like this, wolves think like this much more often. Most of the time when I am village, I don’t care much about my life so long as it benefits the greater good.
I do think like this, it doesn't turn off when I am village. I also don't care if I die, which is my typical village play. I couldn't see how this role could be anything but a detriment for the village before the clarification of submitting no action. Because think about it if someone was protecting a night kill target and a wolf goes there to kill a target they could randomly catch the protector. There is almost no control. Not very useful imo. But since there is a no action option the point is moot.

So given that we have to wrap things up safely and succinctly, and given my role and the fact I *have* to submit an action nightly... It would be in the best interest of the village to lynch me. I am a delayed ambusher that is a villager and doesn't get to choose my targets. I have to pick a villager to watch each night and I trap one person who visits them, then they die two cycles later. It is a dangerous mechanic to use, as I have no choice in who the victim is and per my read of the rules must submit my action nightly... I think that makes me too dangerous to live, and too likely to obfuscate kills by making double kill nights happen which will muddy results. As much as I hate to do this right after coming back, I can see how my role will likely play out and it will not be in favor of the village

Unlynch AM, lynch MJ
Actually screw this. You could also be a wolf that can act on a "villager" each night to get an extra kill and doing this preemptively argues people to not vote for you.

Unlynch Skim lynch MJ

Feeling a skim Lynch based on feels from her two posts or a mutts Lynch based on the acanth vote which seems very odd of the no posters

It's literally Day 1. You haven't justified your Stagg vote. I'm not being vague, there's not a lot of information yet.
Okay, let's move to a more justified vote then to level the field.

Unlynch Stagg
Lynch MOOSE

You're either sitting on a joke vote or you have solid reasons to believe I'm a wolf. Choose.

I'm fighting the urge to switch my vote to you because you've been village every game and I've always been wrong when I want to lynch you. But you're sitting on a grudge vote and asking questions of others while not putting forth reads of your own.
Well at this point I’m also sitting on it because I think she’s sketchy. I think mutts is sketchy too

@MSUcvmHOPE I see that you were liking posts on the thread today, are you around? Any thoughts?
Yup it was my long day at work was trying to scan through when I had a couple seconds here and there. Getting thoughts together and will post momentarily.

It's literally Day 1. You haven't justified your Stagg vote. I'm not being vague, there's not a lot of information yet.

This mentality sucks. “It’s day 1, so who cares how we play?” No, step up, put on your big boy/girl pants and start doing some sleuthing, some pressuring, some mud slinging, pig wrestling, what have you. Don’t resign yourself to its day1 so it doesn’t matter.