Western c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I do believe in my heart of hearts that you're right - the gap year will be a breather and it might do me some good. But I'm just taking a super long time to get out of this funk that I've been in since rejections started in November. But I really do appreciate the positivity. Sometimes I go into doomsday mode a little too much. Maybe once apps are in and my gap year truly starts, I'll end up being grateful and you can say you told me so :) For now I'm going to eat all the dessert I want, though. I'll be rollin' into vet school next year :cool:
Don’t get me wrong, you have absolutely every right to be in a funk right now. You wanted something to happen and it didn’t happen yet. Don’t let anyone tell you you can’t be upset about it. But my point (which you understood) was that you should still enjoy this next year off because it’s great to have!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I've basically given up hope about ever getting off this waitlist, but... I called anyway today to see what was up since two deferred students have posted here on SDN that they have accepted seats elsewhere. When I called, they said that only one person has dropped off of the deferred waitlist, so I'm guessing they just haven't updated this list lately? I'm really trying to focus on applying for this coming round, but it's so hard when there's still this little tiny thread of hope that they might call me... but I know I should just assume rejection. Sigh. This whole application cycle has been so terrible that I'm not even that excited for graduation because then I'll be in limbo for at least another year. Anyone feeling similarly?

I took a gap year, and I know a couple of people who did too so don’t be feel behind! I gained a lot of experience and built up some savings for housing/food for this upcoming year. However, I know how it feels. I think it’s natural to feel discouraged because you’ve worked toward this your whole life, and it feels like that means that your best must not even be good enough. You have to realize that’s not true at all! We applied during a year with a significant increase in applicants, and honestly, the people who are in charge of selecting students are only human. They could’ve overlooked something about you or your specific interviewer just might’ve not vibed with you! There are just so many reasons why you might not have been selected this round and the majority of them don’t equate to mean that you aren’t meant to apply again and be in vet school.

The most amazing vets I have ever worked with all took more than one try to get in! I know you’re going to become a vet whether it be in 2023 or 2024!

Reactions: 1 users
Don’t get me wrong, you have absolutely every right to be in a funk right now. You wanted something to happen and it didn’t happen yet. Don’t let anyone tell you you can’t be upset about it. But my point (which you understood) was that you should still enjoy this next year off because it’s great to have!
I took a gap year, and I know a couple of people who did too so don’t be feel behind! I gained a lot of experience and built up some savings for housing/food for this upcoming year. However, I know how it feels. I think it’s natural to feel discouraged because you’ve worked toward this your whole life, and it feels like that means that your best must not even be good enough. You have to realize that’s not true at all! We applied during a year with a significant increase in applicants, and honestly, the people who are in charge of selecting students are only human. They could’ve overlooked something about you or your specific interviewer just might’ve not vibed with you! There are just so many reasons why you might not have been selected this round and the majority of them don’t equate to mean that you aren’t meant to apply again and be in vet school.

The most amazing vets I have ever worked with all took more than one try to get in! I know you’re going to become a vet whether it be in 2023 or 2024!

Thanks you guys :) I really appreciate your messages! I can't wait for us all to be vets and live our dreams! Thanks for reminding me to stay positive!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks you guys :) I really appreciate your messages! I can't wait for us all to be vets and live our dreams! Thanks for reminding me to stay positive!

just to give you a little extra validation, I'm someone who is waitlisted at one school and didn't get into any (nothing wrong with accepted students sympathizing, but I do think they don't necessarily know how this feels if they only applied once, and telling you to be more positive is obviously much easier said than done), so I understand why you feel in limbo & I think that's totally fine. I feel it too. I'm also someone who drowns in my negativity, but sometimes being a little more realistic as opposed to manufacturing optimism protects you from further heartbreak. It has certainly helped me this cycle.

either way, I get how you're feeling and I'm in the same boat. if you don't get in this cycle, I hope things work out for you in the future :)

Reactions: 3 users
I am just waiting on a confirmation from Oklahoma that they have received my seat deposit so as soon as I know I will be taking myself off of the ~over accepted list for Western! I am currently 14th on the list so hopefully that helps some of y'all out! Definitely now have some trust issues with being accepted after all of this...

This is my 2nd time applying so for those who are still waiting to hear back.... I feel you. Hang in there, if you end up having to take a gap year take lots of time for yourself (its a unique but unplanned opportunity to gain experience and spend lots of time with friends and family) and remember.... DESSERT MAKES EVERYTHING OK!! I will post as soon as I remove myself from the list!

just to give you a little extra validation, I'm someone who is waitlisted at one school and didn't get into any (nothing wrong with accepted students sympathizing, but I do think they don't necessarily know how this feels if they only applied once, and telling you to be more positive is obviously much easier said than done), so I understand why you feel in limbo & I think that's totally fine. I feel it too. I'm also someone who drowns in my negativity, but sometimes being a little more realistic as opposed to manufacturing optimism protects you from further heartbreak. It has certainly helped me this cycle.

either way, I get how you're feeling and I'm in the same boat. if you don't get in this cycle, I hope things work out for you in the future :)

Thanks so much sheltermed - definitely some different feelings with a forced gap year instead of a voluntary one. Do you have a plan in case you don't get called off? I just enrolled myself in an online immunology course (yikes!) and am super sad that I can't drop my last quarter of physics (Western doesn't require the last quarter, but I enrolled anyway in case this happened. And since the waitlist is obsolete and other schools need it...... physics!) I'm also going to try to find a vet assistant job while doing the UF Veterinary Forensics graduate certificate. If I don't get in AGAIN, I'll turn it into a masters. Seems surreal that I have to start implementing my backup plans - makes me very thankful that people forced me to make them in the first place.

Anyway, I really hope that you get off your waitlist! Michigan, right? They would be lucky to have you. I've been rooting for you since I joined SDN a couple months ago! I hope that doesn't sound creepy. You were one of the first posters I saw and I really liked your cat photo. And hey, if Michigan doesn't work out this year, maybe we'll be classmates next year somewhere! :)

I am just waiting on a confirmation from Oklahoma that they have received my seat deposit so as soon as I know I will be taking myself off of the ~over accepted list for Western! I am currently 14th on the list so hopefully that helps some of y'all out! Definitely now have some trust issues with being accepted after all of this...

This is my 2nd time applying so for those who are still waiting to hear back.... I feel you. Hang in there, if you end up having to take a gap year take lots of time for yourself (its a unique but unplanned opportunity to gain experience and spend lots of time with friends and family) and remember.... DESSERT MAKES EVERYTHING OK!! I will post as soon as I remove myself from the list!

Thanks Cujo!!!! I'm super excited for you! I've been eating an INSANE amount of wafer cookies because they're technically hollow so technically less cookie....... and they're so crunchy.................. and chocolatey.......

I do believe in my heart of hearts that you're right - the gap year will be a breather and it might do me some good. But I'm just taking a super long time to get out of this funk that I've been in since rejections started in November. But I really do appreciate the positivity. Sometimes I go into doomsday mode a little too much. Maybe once apps are in and my gap year truly starts, I'll end up being grateful and you can say you told me so :) For now I'm going to eat all the dessert I want, though. I'll be rollin' into vet school next year :cool:

You totally have the right to be sad right now, and I agree with sheltermed, as someone who took three application cycles, i had a hard time with my friends who got in the first try to tell me I need to shake it off the day after being rejected. This is your dream! If you so easily got over it, I would be more suspicious that you didn’t want it.

So, in my opinion, do all the self care and don’t let anyone make you feel bad for feeling bad. You can be in a funk and start working towards next cycle :) I got a masters in my two gap years, and so I think that is a great path to take. It my experience, the gap years make the admission even sweeter, and I know you’ll get it eventually!

Reactions: 4 users
You totally have the right to be sad right now, and I agree with sheltermed, as someone who took three application cycles, i had a hard time with my friends who got in the first try to tell me I need to shake it off the day after being rejected. This is your dream! If you so easily got over it, I would be more suspicious that you didn’t want it.

So, in my opinion, do all the self care and don’t let anyone make you feel bad for feeling bad. You can be in a funk and start working towards next cycle :) I got a masters in my two gap years, and so I think that is a great path to take. It my experience, the gap years make the admission even sweeter, and I know you’ll get it eventually!

Thank you so much!! Very sage advice :) What did you get your masters in? Congratulations again about Kansas State!!!!!

• Love
Thank you so much!! Very sage advice :) What did you get your masters in? Congratulations again about Kansas State!!!!!
Haha thank you! I got my masters in veterinary biomedical sciences :)

You are NOT a failure. Many people require multiple cycles to gain admittance. I had 2 cycles and my second one I was accepted off a waitlist, so I was still in limbo for a while not knowing if I was going to be going to vet school in the fall or if I was going to be reapplying. There’s tons of people on here who had to go through multiple cycles. You’re not alone. Vet school is TOUGH to get into.
Definitely allow yourself to mope and take time away from vetmed if you need it and keep doing your other hobbies too. When you’re ready, do file reviews and see how you can make yourself an even better applicant so they CAN’T say no next time. MAKE YOURSELF IRRESISTIBLE.
You guys can all do it!!! I believe in you! Keep trucking on and take some time to do some fun things. You will make it.

It sucks!! I’m in the same boat. Waitlisted at Western and rejected from all the other schools. Now basically no hope for this cycle. I also feel like I’m in limbo. Luckily I decided to apply for a masters program and got accepted TWO DAYS after submitting my application. It felt great to be wanted LOL.
Even though I know I have a backup plan, I still feel really crappy sometimes. I go through phases where I can’t look at any vet-related stuff on social media because I feel like I am such a massive failure. Logically I know I am not, but it’s hard to shake that feeling. I also decided to take a break from all the shadowing and volunteering at animal rescues. I’m burned out. I know I’ll go back eventually, but I have a lot of other interests. I’m going to focus on those for a while.
I think it’s really important for other people to see that these terrible feelings that come from being waitlisted/rejected are shared by others. Thank you for posting.
As ski said, and I’m going to say it louder for the people in the back: YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE. It took me three cycles to finally get accepted to vet school. The first cycle I had been rejected from everywhere I applied, and the second I was waitlisted at 2 schools. It’s not easy to get into vet school, if it was everyone would be doing it. You’re being proactive by getting the masters. I know the feeling of not knowing what the future holds, of feeling like a complete failure, of looking at alternate career paths. I’m all too familiar with all of this. It still hasn’t hit me that I’ve been accepted and that I am going t school this fall because it doesn’t seem real. Reach out to schools and find out what you can improve on. I retook two prerequisite courses online this past summer and I have a masters in biomedical sciences. Don’t lose hope! You got this!!!

I don’t know if any other deferred students feel this way, but I just feel once people start finding out they’re going to be disappointed in me. I mean family and friends because I never published where I was going, but I very excitedly told my family and friends and I feel that once they find out I’m not going this year because maybe I waited a little too long to pay for my spot they’ll blame me. I mean, it was hard getting the money together and once I had it I paid immediately, but I’ve already had 2 people tell me, “but why didn’t you pay sooner? Why did you wait till the week before?” And I try to justify myself, that it isn’t my fault, that I was also waiting to see if I got off another waitlist. But I’m starting to feel the blame and thinking they may be right. I know this might sound stupid but I just needed to vent a bit. The fact that I might have to take another gap year just makes me feel like I’m stuck in a rut and not moving forward in my life and it’s really messing with my mental health.

Members don't see this ad :)
And I try to justify myself, that it isn’t my fault, that I was also waiting to see if I got off another waitlist.

First and foremost, you are not to blame. You followed the rules set by the AAVMC to the letter. The only people to "blame" is the administration for the time being.

Secondly, you owe no one an explanation. It was your money and your major life decision that you did the best with in context the the information you had at hand. If anyone is dissatisfied with your explanation of, "The school messed up and broke the rules," then they can get over their preconceived notions of how veterinary school applications work. The April 15 deadline exists for a reason. You had no way of knowing this was happening.

They should be supporting you in this, not making your life more difficult. You have significantly more grace than me. I would have already asked, "Why don't you try supporting me instead of blaming me for something I had no control over?"

The overall way this is being handled is flooring me, to be honest. I still want to see what the AAVMC and COE reactions will be.

Reactions: 10 users
The overall way this is being handled is flooring me, to be honest. I still want to see what the AAVMC and COE reactions will be.
Likewise. I'm shocked that we still haven't heard back from the school's official account on this yet.

I don’t know if any other deferred students feel this way, but I just feel once people start finding out they’re going to be disappointed in me. I mean family and friends because I never published where I was going, but I very excitedly told my family and friends and I feel that once they find out I’m not going this year because maybe I waited a little too long to pay for my spot they’ll blame me. I mean, it was hard getting the money together and once I had it I paid immediately, but I’ve already had 2 people tell me, “but why didn’t you pay sooner? Why did you wait till the week before?” And I try to justify myself, that it isn’t my fault, that I was also waiting to see if I got off another waitlist. But I’m starting to feel the blame and thinking they may be right. I know this might sound stupid but I just needed to vent a bit. The fact that I might have to take another gap year just makes me feel like I’m stuck in a rut and not moving forward in my life and it’s really messing with my mental health.
Also, I'm going to echo @batsenecal here. It's not your fault and the AAVMC agreement exists for a reason: to allow applicants like you who are accepted/waitlisted at multiple schools time to make an informed decision without sacrificing your seat or feeling coerced into paying deposits just to secure spots. That the school didn't abide by that (if it is indeed determined by the powers that be that they did not) is on them, not you, the applicant. You really owe no one an explanation; you could not have seen this happening ahead of time because it's not supposed to.

@batsenecal @Elkhart Thank you guys so much for those replies! They really did help. I do have people supporting me, but they don’t really know or understand this process that well. So it’s really nice to see those replies from people who know how hard this whole thing is.

I’m really grateful for this platform ❤️

Reactions: 5 users
@batsenecal @Elkhart Thank you guys so much for those replies! They really did help. I do have people supporting me, but they don’t really know or understand this process that well. So it’s really nice to see those replies from people who know how hard this whole thing is.

I’m really grateful for this platform ❤
No problem at all. I just hate to see you blaming yourself and calling yourself a disappointment or a failure for something that isn’t even remotely your fault (and, frankly, if you want to see a true failure... look at yours truly).

Wow, just reading all of this for the first time. So sorry to everyone who has been affected by this bending of the rules. :sorry: I hope this is resolved very soon, hang in there!

View attachment 252495
I’m still seeing this when I click the WesternU group, but it says I’m in. I also can’t locate the WesternU DVM Class of 2023. Any advice?
I sent over the email to confirm but when I click “confirm email” an error pops up on facebook. Has anybody experienced this/have any pointers?

I sent over the email to confirm but when I click “confirm email” an error pops up on facebook. Has anybody experienced this/have any pointers?
Add your WesternU email to your Facebook account in the settings and try again. That's what I had to do.

To the people that submitted a complaint to the AVMA, have you gotten any response yet?

To the people that submitted a complaint to the AVMA, have you gotten any response yet?
I only got an email from the AAVMC saying that they received my inquiry and are looking into it. That was on the 17th.

I’m not sure that this account is active at all these days, but... @VMCASSTAFF, maybe?

To be honest, I’m floored that it’s been two weeks now with absolutely no word from anyone, be it Western themselves, AAVMC, or VMCAS; not even so much as a "Hey, we're still working on it---hang tight!". When LMU was having similar issues a few years ago, I remember the response being nearly immediate (and LMU also had the excuse of it being one of their first application cycles... may have even been the first... so it was an entirely new thing to them). Even if this is all simply a massive misinterpretation of the email, then they should come out and say that and clarify what was meant. As I like to say when it comes to writing/translating: if one person misunderstands what you're saying, the onus is most likely on the reader; if many people misunderstand, then you need to reevaluate precisely how you said it.

They cannot make you defer if you were accepted for this cycle and they certainly cannot backhandedly institute a "first come, first serve" method of building the class based on when deposits were sent in, provided that they were in by the deadline. If you paid and accepted your seat by April 15th, then they need to honor that acceptance. Period. They can offer deferment, which schools have done in the past when this has happened, but they cannot force it upon you, especially with no additional incentives (like, come on, at least refund deposits for those affected?), which is what the email seems to be implying. Ultimately, if you're in this situation and choose to forego deferment to the c/o 2024, then you should have a seat in the c/o 2023. That too many people accepted their offers for the supposed maximum class size is not the applicants' problem and you all should not be the ones being punished for that. You could not have possibly known that this was going to happen.

Again, hoping it's a miscommunication but I'm doubtful. I am starting to get very angry on your guys’ behalf.
Yea I’m not really accepting the excuse that the school is only allowed to have 108 students in the class. Obviously I believe that that’s true (why wouldn’t it be?) but that’s basically just admitting that they messed up without taking blame. But the response here was essentially, “no one is being forcibly deferred until next year. We’re fully expecting that they’ll all matriculate into the class of 2023.” “Well what if not enough people give up their spots?” “Oh well then they’ll be forcibly deferred until next year.”

Like... I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. What’s expected to happen with these applicants is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that this application defied all expectations. So further expectations are entirely meaningless. Are they really expecting about 15% of the class to give up their seats after the deadline? That’s very unlikely. Almost as unlikely as this unprecedented event of over-accepting so many people that they have to force over a dozen people to defer to next year without any incentives...

Out of curiosity, has anyone heard anything else at all regarding this incident, either directly from the school itself or the AAVMC? Has anyone potentially affected received any additional emails or clarification about what's happening? It's been about three weeks at this point with no communication, at least from what I can tell.
Nothing still

Out of curiosity, has anyone heard anything else at all regarding this incident, either directly from the school itself or the AAVMC? Has anyone potentially affected received any additional emails or clarification about what's happening? It's been about three weeks at this point with no communication, at least from what I can tell.

I heard once from the AAVMC saying they would be getting back to us soon. That was right after it happened. Lol

I only heard an update from Western on April 29 about my position, but I had to email Karen about it. They said they would update us at least weekly but I haven’t heard anything since then.

Not happy at all with how the school or the AAVMC is handling the situation. Neither seem to be doing anything about it.

I only heard an update from Western on April 29 about my position, but I had to email Karen about it. They said they would update us at least weekly but I haven’t heard anything since then.

Not happy at all with how the school or the AAVMC is handling the situation. Neither seem to be doing anything about it.
Do you mind sharing what she told you when you emailed on April 29th?

Do you mind sharing what she told you when you emailed on April 29th?

Did anybody else get asked for their VMCAS id number when submitting their comment to AAVMC? I just got asked for mine

Did anybody else get asked for their VMCAS id number when submitting their comment to AAVMC? I just got asked for mine
I think i did but you didn’t have to put it i don’t believe.

It's been over a month at this point... any updates? Has anyone heard anything else or had the AAVMC follow up on their complaint?

I'm going to assume that if there's been no word as of now, then everything was found to be kosher and in compliance with the April 15th policy (though I don't understand how). But regardless, this entire situation still stinks something rotten for those affected and the communication on the school's part has been atrociously poor based on what's been shared on the thread, at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been over a month at this point... any updates? Has anyone heard anything else or had the AAVMC follow up on their complaint?

I'm going to assume that if there's been no word as of now, then everything was found to be kosher and in compliance with the April 15th policy (though I don't understand how). But regardless, this entire situation still stinks something rotten for those affected and the communication on the school's part has been really quite poor.
It’s absolutely terrible. These are people’s lives that have been affected, and wrongfully so. One sold her house, but was lucky enough to be accepted elsewhere off of a waitlist. You can’t just give people the go-ahead to uproot their lives and move across the country to a new state to start the next four years of their lives and then rip that out from under them without so much as an incentive. This is a vet school, not an internet service provider. The stakes are much higher and many students don’t have the option to go to another school. Or maybe they did, but declined offers only to learn that their sure-thing was taken away after the deadline. And everything following after has been unacceptable.

Out of curiosity, has anyone heard anything? They were supposed to start pulling off the waitlist in mid-May, but with all this other stuff going on with deferments I was just curious if anyone has heard anything from the school.

Out of curiosity, has anyone heard anything? They were supposed to start pulling off the waitlist in mid-May, but with all this other stuff going on with deferments I was just curious if anyone has heard anything from the school.
I was on the "accepted and now waitlisted" list and today I found out that I am one spot closer so there has likely not been any movement on the original waitlist.

Or maybe they did, but declined offers only to learn that their sure-thing was taken away after the deadline.
This is one of the saddest things to me. I think I saw several comment on here that they had gotten into a different school and declined for Western. It is so ****ing frustrating that they didn't inform people EARLIER so that those not confirmed could know they didn't really actually have a confirmed spot and they could accept elsewhere. I really see no reason they DIDNT do that, besides pretty bad ones (ie hoping people would remove themselves and it wouldn't come to this, hoping to get higher stats in their class, financial reasons, etc). This is ridiculous, honestly. I am so mad for all of you.

This is one of the saddest things to me. I think I saw several comment on here that they had gotten into a different school and declined for Western. It is so ****ing frustrating that they didn't inform people EARLIER so that those not confirmed could know they didn't really actually have a confirmed spot and they could accept elsewhere. I really see no reason they DIDNT do that, besides pretty bad ones (ie hoping people would remove themselves and it wouldn't come to this, hoping to get higher stats in their class, financial reasons, etc). This is ridiculous, honestly. I am so mad for all of you.
Exactly. Everyone on the admissions committee had a say in who was accepted and how many people were accepted. There was a waitlist too, with over a hundred people. Why not just over-accept a little and then pull off the waitlist? If in previous years 50% of the class declined (just a random number), and this year there were 1,000 more applicants overall with no more seats added, you would assume they would know to adjust. It’s all just extremely unprofessional, and it also seems like they’re viewing as a big fat nothing.

Does anyone happen to know how to get your application reviewed out of curiosity. Thinking of applying again for next cycle and I feel like a review would be helpful. I'm just not sure how to go about it unfortunately.

Does anyone happen to know how to get your application reviewed out of curiosity. Thinking of applying again for next cycle and I feel like a review would be helpful. I'm just not sure how to go about it unfortunately.
I don’t believe that Western does application reviews. I remember seeing that in the orientation handbook. They just recommend that you review the successful class statistics.

Another thing I’m pretty mad about. Even though there is little to no chance the deferred students will start this August, we were still required to complete and submit all health clearance documents. This includes labs, vaccines, physical examinations, ect. Mine rounded up to almost $500 in total (that is WITH insurance) and that’s excluding the rabies vaccine which I opted to get on campus. And 90% of these tests only last a year, which means we’ll have to do them again next year for when we ACTUALLY get start classes.

The very least they could’ve done was return our deposit because now I’m out $1,000 and for what? To wait a whole year?

If I were to start this year I would’ve gotten the student loans that would’ve helped with these expenses. But I didn’t so they’re all coming from my pocket.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Hey guys, so I bugged AAVMC again awhile ago, but it was on my undergrad email which I deleted off my phone upon graduation so I just now retrieved it. I wish I had better news for everyone. Read from the bottom thumbnail up.

Attachments

• 87D8D589-D8D9-463E-B986-F7A618FDEB3B.png
    87D8D589-D8D9-463E-B986-F7A618FDEB3B.png
    217.7 KB · Views: 180
  • B35AB5C6-5E33-4184-8805-C9FE6249D5CC.png
    B35AB5C6-5E33-4184-8805-C9FE6249D5CC.png
    325.4 KB · Views: 176
  • B3F28ED8-711A-44E3-82F8-A0043654AEBA.jpeg
    B3F28ED8-711A-44E3-82F8-A0043654AEBA.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 183
Hey guys, so I bugged AAVMC again awhile ago, but it was on my undergrad email which I deleted off my phone upon graduation so I just now retrieved it. I wish I had better news for everyone. Read from the bottom thumbnail up.
Ok but
Western didn’t OFFER deferrals. They told people “lol sry ur no longer accepted ur on the waitlist now whoops my b and if enough people don’t drop ur deferred #sorrynotsorryyyy”
That’s not offering deferrals. That’s not making every attempt to honor those acceptances.

Ok but
Western didn’t OFFER deferrals. They told people “lol sry ur no longer accepted ur on the waitlist now whoops my b and if enough people don’t drop ur deferred #sorrynotsorryyyy”
That’s not offering deferrals. That’s not making every attempt to honor those acceptances.

I know. Stupid. I don’t get it why AAVMC is at their defense. It’s also interesting that AAVMC said Western could open more seats for this year if they wanted to.

This is infuriating. I will be writing to the aavmc too.

"No students were automatically deferred" is he on crack? Because that's definitely not what I gathered from the stories here. Not that I've ever been a huge fan of him but come on man not cool. I'm curious who oversees AAVMC perhaps it's time for bigger fish to get involved.

To everyone reaching out to the AAVMC again, there’s an important line from Western’s original email that needs to be drilled home as proof that Tony is misunderstanding the situation.

“As a Deferred Acceptance student, should a place become vacant in the Fall 2019 entering class, you will be the ________ considered to fill the vacancy.”

This specifically states that an offer of deferral in this case does not mean you have a choice to defer to the class of 2024 or still be in the class of 2023. It means you either defer or are dropped from consideration entirely. This is clearly in violation of the April 15th deadline, and should be treated as such. It’s clear as day here.