Western University - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! How long after you submitted were you marked complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
II 8/25. Marked complete 8/11. International.

Reactions: 1 users

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
II this morning! cGPA 3.6 sGPA 3.6 MCAT 27 submitted secondary 8/4 complete 8/11 so excited!

II as well, same complete date 8-11. If anyone is interested in splitting a rental car pm me, I'd love to save some money if possible!

Members don't see this ad :)
II as well, same complete date 8-11. If anyone is interested in splitting a rental car pm me, I'd love to save some money if possible!
Was the 11th the day you got the complete email from them?

Good luck everyone! II yesterday as well. Interview date confirmed for October 22. Hope to meet a few of you there :)

I think this will help many applicants here:

For those who've received II's, have you shadowed an osteopathic physician?... Therefore, being able to directly answer Question #1 of the secondary application...

I am shadowing an osteopathic physician who uses OMM to treat his patients. If possible, it would be helpful to find a DO doc to shadow as their techniques in treating a patient and their overall encounter with their patients is so different than what I've seen with MD docs. IMHO, I think you'll benefit from that experience in answering Q1.

My application was submitted about over a month ago and it still says my letters have not been received yet. Is anyone in the same situation? I'm wondering if I should contact the school to check for my letters, because my prehealth advisor said she sent them out early july.

My application was submitted about over a month ago and it still says my letters have not been received yet. Is anyone in the same situation? I'm wondering if I should contact the school to check for my letters, because my prehealth advisor said she sent them out early july.
I'm in the same boat! I contacted the school and it turns out they never got them even though they were sent back in June. I resent them last week but still no updated on the portal...

anybody still not receive a secondary?

I received the complete email on 8/19 but I still haven't heard back from Western. How long does it usually take them to give out a decision on an II?

Reactions: 2 users
What does Legacy mean in the Personal Information tab of the secondary?

I received the complete email on 8/19 but I still haven't heard back from Western. How long does it usually take them to give out a decision on an II?

Judging by how long it took to be marked complete I'd say about forever and a half

I received complete email on 8/11, and II on 8/25, if that helps. The waiting is the worst, hang in there!

Just received an email saying that I am "currently missing required materials." I submitted my supplemental application on 8/1/15 but it says that my reference letters are still missing. I submitted all of my letters through interfolio to AACOMAS and have received application complete emails from multiple DO schools so I'm a bit confused. Sounds like I'm not the only one with this issue.

Just received an email saying that I am "currently missing required materials." I submitted my supplemental application on 8/1/15 but it says that my reference letters are still missing. I submitted all of my letters through interfolio to AACOMAS and have received application complete emails from multiple DO schools so I'm a bit confused. Sounds like I'm not the only one with this issue.

i just got the same thing for both Pomona and Lebanon campuses;
i submitted everything 7/20
resent my science letters 8/22 because they still hadn't been received
about to send them again
they got my Dr letter on 8/20 apparently though...
idk

i just got the same thing for both Pomona and Lebanon campuses;
i submitted everything 7/20
resent my science letters 8/22 because they still hadn't been received
about to send them again
they got my Dr letter on 8/20 apparently though...
idk
You guys just need to email them back saying if those rec letters are still missing.
All of my rec letters were sent through AACOMAS by 8/3, but got the missing email today too.
I replied back right away saying if they are in fact still missing, and they replied back just 2 hours ago saying all rec letters are updated and my application is complete.

How is the interview day in general for both MMI and panel? Do they throw a lot of curveballs?

Anyone have a timeline for the interview day? Just wanna know whats ahead. Thanks

Reactions: 2 users
Does Western-Pomona and Lebanon have the same admissions committee or are they completely separate? I notice they have the same dean though, right?

has anyone still not received a secondary? It's been about a month since I was verified

Have they started interviews here yet or do they begin in Oct?

Have they started interviews here yet or do they begin in Oct?

Mine is scheduled for 9/24. If I recall correctly, I was only offered two dates (and I think the other was in October).

Mine is scheduled for 9/24. If I recall correctly, I was only offered two dates (and I think the other was in October).

Sounds good, goodluck! If you get a chance after, mind telling us how the day runs/your impressions? Just want a heads up before I get there.

On the secondary, it asks about research published. Although I have research, it is a poster I presented at a conference. Should I put this in or leave it out? Also, I don't have traditional teaching experience, but I have gone around to elementary schools and given presentations on the brain. Does this count as teaching experience?

On the secondary, it asks about research published. Although I have research, it is a poster I presented at a conference. Should I put this in or leave it out? Also, I don't have traditional teaching experience, but I have gone around to elementary schools and given presentations on the brain. Does this count as teaching experience?
For the research, don't say you published research but do mention the poster in the description for your research. For the teaching experience, I believe your presentations on the brain to elementary school students counts depending on how in depth you went with it. Just don't make it sound like you changed their lives or significantly contributed to their education

Sounds good, goodluck! If you get a chance after, mind telling us how the day runs/your impressions? Just want a heads up before I get there.

Thanks, I'll try to give a generic rundown of the day though I'm certain the MMI portion cannot be shared.

Yes, put the poster in and specify that you presented it at conference 'X'. I'd also add the teaching experience you mentioned. They don't specifically say "only mention THIS type of teaching experience." It shouldn't hurt your application to include it.

Im getting worried. All my stuff was submitted in late July and my status is still "Application Materials Received"

Im getting worried. All my stuff was submitted in late July and my status is still "Application Materials Received"
It still says the same for me on the portal but I got an email from them saying my file is complete and forwarded for review.

Just submitted primary here... ~65 LizzyM and decent EC with good LOR. OOS...chances for II?

Did everyone add email addresses for the doctors they shadowed? I don't have a few of them and was hoping it would be okay to not list the email addresses...

Did everyone add email addresses for the doctors they shadowed? I don't have a few of them and was hoping it would be okay to not list the email addresses...

Every doctor has an email address that is easily searchable. There may be exceptions, but if you know their name, you can probably find it.