Western University - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey there! Can any OMSII PM me if you have and are willing to share Anki decks from year one? Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there! Can any OMSII PM me if you have and are willing to share Anki decks from year one? Thank you so much!

I invited people via the class of 2021 page. It's an Anki group that I'm hoping someone from your class will step up and take charge of. It has the "best" decks we have made, and imo are much better than the cards that were passed on to us.

I invited people via the class of 2021 page. It's an Anki group that I'm hoping someone from your class will step up and take charge of. It has the "best" decks we have made, and imo are much better than the cards that were passed on to us.

The Facebook page? Is there another one. I just scrolled through every post without any luck finding the post :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this school barely accept people from OOS and out of the pacific region?

Is there a 2017-2018 page made yet for this school?

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! Is there any current WesternU-Pomona student who is willing to answer some of my questions?? I'd be so grateful! Thank you! :)

Hello! Is there any current WesternU-Pomona student who is willing to answer some of my questions?? I'd be so grateful! Thank you! :)

If you can't find anyone, try the fb page. i'd help, but i don't know squat. ive been at western for 3 weeks. but feel free to shoot any Qs you have though.

If you can't find anyone, try the fb page. i'd help, but i don't know squat. ive been at western for 3 weeks. but feel free to shoot any Qs you have though.

Why did you choose western? (By the way are you at the Pomona campus?)

Why did you choose western? (By the way are you at the Pomona campus?)

Location. I'm from socal. I wanted to stay in socal. Western is one of the better DO schools. And having a DO degree wouldn't preclude me from the specialty that i'm interested in. (FWIW, LizzyM was 68)

And yes, I'm in pomona.

Something that I've found out after orientation week, but before the first exam, is that I really like the people here. I wouldn't have known that as an applicant, but I really do like my classmates. I like the culture that the admin cultivates. I don't know if it's any different at other med schools, but I like it here. Maybe i'm in the honeymoon phase and I'll become jaded later. But right now, I have no regrets.

Reactions: 1 user
First yr at Lebanon campus to chime in here, I agree with the last post completely, everyone here is so nice, curriculum is fast paced but manageable. You are given more flexibility or more structure, whatever you prefer. Things like patient experience, volunteering, leadership and community involvement are built into the curriculum. Research is there it seems but will take some work to really get it done (this is the case everywhere really). They do an amazing job here and I'm very happy I ended up here. Definitely more of a west coast vibe/type of school (duh) but there are people in our class from all over the country and a few international.

Hey guys, I had a few questions about the English requirement at Western. I went to UCSD, and used my IB English credit to clear the Entry Level Writing Requirement (otherwise I would've had to either take an analytical writing class, or a proficiency test to clear the req). Can I use my IB English credit towards the Western English prerequisite?

Couldn't find the Lebanon forum, but I just withdrew my app from COMP NW, and I had an interview scheduled for this Thursday. Hope one of you gets it!