WWater Water Everywhere/Under The Sea Game Thread (+ Signups)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Keep in mind that in a recent game when I got killed very early, Dyachei used the "I wouldn't kill LIS early" line as a wolf.

Which is to say that I agree - any time someone says "Gee, I wouldn't do that as a wolf" it raises red flags for me.

Yes, this is what set off 'potential wolf' vibes for me as well. But also things ally said as well. Right now it's a toin coss between Hmoo and ally for me, although I think it might have been either you or dy that also made a point about Rogert which has got me thinking as well (about voting for someone who wanted to be mayor either being a bad noob villager move, or a wolf move because you'd want someone who wasn't necessarily the best person for the job).

Members don't see this ad.

I don't get how killing STL night 1 is a noob thing to do. 1) He lived long last game. Pretty common for wolves to kill someone like that first. 2) His vanilla claim. I think it was mentioned before why that might have been a good reason for the wolves to kill him.

I think killing STL is always a good thing to do. >:)

Reactions: 3 users
Oh and to voice another suspicion, I have feelings about ceke.....

I just can't tell if they are because of wolfiness or noobness, so I'm going to hold off on them a bit since I'm thinking the feelings may be more from noobness.

Honestly, Ceke is one of those players I'm never going to have vibes one way or another on, because the wall of text he/she posts is just too much, so I skip it.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
lynch LotF

Had vibes yesterday, still have em today.

Honestly, Ceke is one of those players I'm never going to have vibes one way or another on, because the wall of text he/she posts is just too much, so I skip it.

But how is anyone supposed to know what I'm thinking, and have a chance to defend themselves if I am thinking it, if I don't express my thoughts? :shrug:

Oh, and just for future reference, it's 'she' :)

But how is anyone supposed to know what I'm thinking, and have a chance to defend themselves if I am thinking it, if I don't express my thoughts? :shrug:

I'm not criticizing you. You just have a tendency to post these massive, thick, non-paragraphed posts that are a wall of text. Hey, as long as they are game-focused, more power to you. I just don't have time to read it all. Not telling you to change.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not criticizing you. You just have a tendency to post these massive, thick, non-paragraphed posts that are a wall of text. Hey, as long as they are game-focused, more power to you. I just don't have time to read it all. Not telling you to change.

It's good, I didn't take it that way at all, just looking at ways to get points across without going into wall o text territory. :)

They raised feels because it seemed like trying too hard. Plus, LIS "called wolf" and it was a better start than voting for someone random.
He did say he was kidding when I asked about it, which was prior to your vote.

Question: has anyone gotten any items?

Boop boop, this was yesterday, just wondering if there was any reason for it

Members don't see this ad :)
And this isn't saying I can verify what she told me is true just that I have no way to show it isn't and I'd like to give her the night before lynching her.

That sounds fair and reasonable. If you have information that would lead you to at least wait and see before lynching, then that narrows the choices for me as well.

Female leafy sea dragons produce bright pink eggs, but it is the males who primarily care for them. Leafy sea dragons are experts in camouflage with their ability to change color and their leaf-like protrusions along their body.
Leafy-Sea-Dragon---Rapid-Bay-Smaller_WEB.jpg

Sorry, off lynch topic for a moment, but I just remembered something I forgot I was going to say before...

The Leafy Sea Dragon is the marine emblem of South Australia, where I live. :)

https://www.sa.gov.au/about-sa/state-emblems-and-insignia

"The leafy sea dragon (Phycodurus eques) was adopted by the Government as the marine emblem of South Australia on 8 February 2001.

The leafy sea dragon's distribution is centred on South Australian coastal waters, ranging from Geraldton in Western Australia, along the southern Australian coastline, to Wilsons Promotory in Victoria. Under the Fisheries Act 1982 the leafy sea dragon is a protected species in South Australian waters."

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have feelings/info on dy (other than that she was blocked)? Has anyone else been blocked by inking? It's just nagging at me that genny seemed so convinced she was wolfy. Of course it doesn't have to mean anything, she might just have had a feelings magnitude increase because of dy going for her.

Some thoughts from rereading yesterday's posts:

Kind of want to hear from finn but I can't remember why. Just her name in my head. Come say hi @finnickthedog!

BBC did a weird flip flop from saying she agreed ally was joking to to voting for her, seemingly without much having happened to change her mind. It pinged my radar a bit but it can be explained by her trying to get a vote in (which she mentioned in the post). Still not a big fan of that particular waffle.

Some of lotf's post are still reading a little odd to me, I don't understand the whole "I'm going to vote here but I plan on changing it thing" (not in reference to her vote for me today, but rather to her vote for ally yesterday) and she never really addressed Rogert's comments on that or either of our votes. Not so much looking for a full on defense but at least an acknowledgement and maybe a little explanation of why she was using that strategy.

I don't know what others reasoning for Hmoo was but her vote post seemed to have a bit too much justification without actual reasons behind it for me.
Can you explain what you meant here? She literally only said "due to wolfy comments" so I'm not sure how that equals too much justification.

The only ways I'd know for sure that this game has vanillagers, since there's no PMing, would be:
- I'm a vanillager
- I'm the stupidest most loud-mouthed wolf ability seer ever, and seered a vanillager last night, and got a seer result that confirmed vanillager, not just role name or affiliation
- someone who was able to PM last night despite being vanillager (so by item or similar) had a wolf PM partner *and* told their PM partner specifically that they were true vanilla

(Re) Lynch Ally

Based on the above quoted post. Two of the reasons given for knowledge of vanillagers in this game amount to "if wolf". This seems wolfy to me, especially the last one which makes it sound as if ally could very well have been the wolf PM partner and feels like an attempt at deflecting suspicion (the first one feels like deflection as well, the third one just seems more subtle which gives me a stronger wolf vibe).

Okay I'll buy giving hmoo the benefit of the doubt

Lynch lotf

Sorry, off lynch topic for a moment, but I just remembered something I forgot I was going to say before...

The Leafy Sea Dragon is the marine emblem of South Australia, where I live. :)

https://www.sa.gov.au/about-sa/state-emblems-and-insignia

"The leafy sea dragon (Phycodurus eques) was adopted by the Government as the marine emblem of South Australia on 8 February 2001.

The leafy sea dragon's distribution is centred on South Australian coastal waters, ranging from Geraldton in Western Australia, along the southern Australian coastline, to Wilsons Promotory in Victoria. Under the Fisheries Act 1982 the leafy sea dragon is a protected species in South Australian waters."

I saw some diving in VIC :)

@allyphoe See my post above, prepared to give benefit of doubt for newness to game (because I'm in the same boat, or ocean, as it were) but the quoted section of your post from the other day/night is still setting off wolfy vibes for me, and with Hmoo (semi) cleared for now, I'd like to hear from you. Please.

"Just for the Halibut" Lynch Tally
rogert (1) - LIS
hmoo (2) - jilary, dy
lotf (4) - PBC, hayley, rogert, FS
BBC (1) - nyanko
ally (1) - ceke
sov (1) - FFM
dy (0)
WZ (0)

10/24 Voting
Deadline 9pm EST

*Please check your votes*

funny-fish-waffle-square.jpg

Anyone have feelings/info on dy (other than that she was blocked)? Has anyone else been blocked by inking? It's just nagging at me that genny seemed so convinced she was wolfy. Of course it doesn't have to mean anything, she might just have had a feelings magnitude increase because of dy going for her.

Some thoughts from rereading yesterday's posts:

Kind of want to hear from finn but I can't remember why. Just her name in my head. Come say hi @finnickthedog!

BBC did a weird flip flop from saying she agreed ally was joking to to voting for her, seemingly without much having happened to change her mind. It pinged my radar a bit but it can be explained by her trying to get a vote in (which she mentioned in the post). Still not a big fan of that particular waffle.

Some of lotf's post are still reading a little odd to me, I don't understand the whole "I'm going to vote here but I plan on changing it thing" (not in reference to her vote for me today, but rather to her vote for ally yesterday) and she never really addressed Rogert's comments on that or either of our votes. Not so much looking for a full on defense but at least an acknowledgement and maybe a little explanation of why she was using that strategy.

Can you explain what you meant here? She literally only said "due to wolfy comments" so I'm not sure how that equals too much justification.

I've been running around all day and still running. And now my computer cord is nice and chewed so this game will be extra fun. Kind of beem waiting to vote until I had a chance to read a but more.

But WZ made mention of me for reasons unknown. So... hi WZ. Is there something in particular you want to hear about from me?

(Re) Lynch Ally

Based on the above quoted post. Two of the reasons given for knowledge of vanillagers in this game amount to "if wolf". This seems wolfy to me, especially the last one which makes it sound as if ally could very well have been the wolf PM partner and feels like an attempt at deflecting suspicion (the first one feels like deflection as well, the third one just seems more subtle which gives me a stronger wolf vibe).
If I were a wolf, and had learned that this game included true vanilla villagers by PM with a gullible villager during N1, presumably said gullible villager would have spoken up by now.

I see that the lesson I'm going to take from this game is, "proactively addressing hypotheticals is wolfy; you're better off sticking with, 'but I'm a villager, honest!'" ;)

I've been running around all day and still running. And now my computer cord is nice and chewed so this game will be extra fun. Kind of beem waiting to vote until I had a chance to read a but more.

But WZ made mention of me for reasons unknown. So... hi WZ. Is there something in particular you want to hear about from me?
Not in particular, just wanted to hear your thoughts :)

I'm going to lynch dy for now. I don't like her dead set-ness on genny, but I don't know how she usually plays when she's a wolf. I'll be back to check in before deadline though.

rogert (1) - LIS
hmoo (2) - jilary, dy
BBC (1) - nyanko
ally (1) - ceke
sov (1) - FFM
dy (1) - hmoo
WZ (0)

11/24 Voting
Deadline 9pm EST

UY6th7k8RBXWBH7dZj7ZFpa7.png

If I were a wolf, and had learned that this game included true vanilla villagers by PM with a gullible villager during N1, presumably said gullible villager would have spoken up by now.

I see that the lesson I'm going to take from this game is, "proactively addressing hypotheticals is wolfy; you're better off sticking with, 'but I'm a villager, honest!'" ;)

Good point, thanks for responding. I'm sorry, new at this as well, it's hard sometimes to know how much or how little to say, or how much to read into what. I like your answer though, and you pointed out something I hadn't even thought of (that someone would have responded and said 'Hey, I spoke to ally and guess what'). So, with that...:)

Unlynch Ally

I'm going to lynch dy for now. I don't like her dead set-ness on genny, but I don't know how she usually plays when she's a wolf. I'll be back to check in before deadline though.

I have feelings about Dy as well, but not enough just yet to lynch, and not anything I think I could explain without writing an ode to wandering thoughts.

At this point I'm about ready to load up an online dice roller, and lynch whoever rolls up the most successes. :laugh:

***** lynch PBC ******

Very minor feels. Hmoo would be my second choice for today.

Someone tried to steal from me last night, but got squat from me.

Haven't heard about any items, so if there aren't any it might have been an ability theft, but I aint got not abilities....

lynch bbc

something WZ said stood out for me as worth pursuing, and agreeing with Nyanko seems unusual for me, so might as well try that out for size... although I am still ok lynching rogert as well.

explain your feels. If it's anything about vanillager, you're probably wrong.

Feels around the attack/block/whatever it was on you. Nothing solid, and you already answered my previous questioning, plus also further backing up from Jilary I think it was, in a way that alleviated a majority of feels, but there are still feels there I just don't know if they're wolf feels or villager with possible role feels. Hence why I unlynched and haven't relynched.

Feels around the attack/block/whatever it was on you. Nothing solid, and you already answered my previous questioning, plus also further backing up from Jilary I think it was, in a way that alleviated a majority of feels, but there are still feels there I just don't know if they're wolf feels or villager with possible role feels. Hence why I unlynched and haven't relynched.
lol. it feels as if you don't really understand how blocking works. I don't choose a target. They choose me. It isn't a defensive thing. They are offensive.

hmoo (2) - jilary, dy
BBC (2) - nyanko, sov
rogert (1) - LIS
sov (1) - FFM
dy (1) - hmoo
PBC (1) - ally
WZ (0)
ally (0)

12/24 Voting
Deadline 9pm EST

sea-turtle.jpg

He did say he was kidding when I asked about it, which was prior to your vote.

Question: has anyone gotten any items?

Boop boop, this was yesterday, just wondering if there was any reason for it

Zensing said she had a protective item last night

Reactions: 2 users
please explain. That is quite a bizarre thing to say.
ceke thinks I'm a wolf or only *possibly* a role w/ ability. I'm making it clear I have an ability. Even if she still thinks I'm a wolf (I'm not), I have an ability and that shouldn't be a question at this point

~1.5 hours to go!

BBC (3) - nyanko, sov, WZ
hmoo (1) - jilary
rogert (1) - LIS
sov (1) - FFM
dy (1) - hmoo
PBC (1) - ally
WZ (0)
ally (0)

12/24 Voting
Deadline 9pm EST

@LadyOtheFarm, you're leading

ceke thinks I'm a wolf or only *possibly* a role w/ ability. I'm making it clear I have an ability. Even if she still thinks I'm a wolf (I'm not), I have an ability and that shouldn't be a question at this point
Still not sure I see it. I think @Ceke2002 felt that you were a player with an ability, and was trying to decide if that made you a villager with an ability or a wolf (with, presumably, wolfy powers).

So, Ceke asked "Are you a villager with an ability or a wolf?" and you said "Yes". Doesn't clear whether or not you're a wolf.

Was going to vote hmoo, but will hold off per DVMD's statement/request. Off to decide who else is suspicious at this point.

I found the comment similarly weird, and I don't feel like this explanation makes it make sense.

Exactly what alignment ARE you?

I found the comment similarly weird, and I don't feel like this explanation makes it make sense.

Exactly what alignment ARE you?
village. you?

there are still feels there I just don't know if they're wolf feels or villager with possible role feels.
I'm referring to this statement

Honestly Dyachei sounds like chaos to me, based on that comment.

BUT, since she has an ability, and she might be villager, or helpful non-wolf, I would prefer she is investigated before we lose her. If she is chaos she might as well admit it, if she is a wolf, hopefully we find out tomorrow.

Let's put her on ice for a day until our seer does some work.