WWelcome to Rehab signups (+/- game thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just caught up. Some thoughts.

I'm a bit confused as to what happened in the night cycle discussion. I read Mixy's vote on me as a joke because I was wrong about her being a wolf in the past two games in a row. But I'm lost by Cray's responses to that and her followup N1 reads (even though many players weren't available). I appreciate Cray's desire for me to play longer in the game as I died too early in past two games, but I'm not following her reasoning of Mixy's joke vote being a wolfy move. I'm also confused by Coop's followup agreement with Cray's reasoning and even going far to also vote Mixy.

I just thought Mixy's vote was meant to be a joke and nothing more than that. The arguments that Mixy's move was wolfy because she placed a vote before getting her role seemed to be assuming a lot more. I'm not sure what I'm missing so clarification would help.

Regarding the AM nightkill, the wolves could be familiar with past games and killed her based on that. Or it could be a random kill.

I'm also confused by the votes on kal. Are they pressure? All I saw were just joke posts from kal being drunk, but I'm not sure how these posts are wolfy.

Continuing with the pressure, I'm probably going with this:

lynch capri1722

Would like to see more posts from her.

This is the second time LIS pegged a noob wolf D1 based off of 3 posts or less. The other time was Greeny, who pulled the noob wolf move I have explained in detail.

I can't speak for him, but something about a noob that late at night coming on to say "I'm drunk" twice, but nothing else, not even anything funny, that might have that smack of "I'm a wolf that just wants to be seen to be seen, I don't have anything to add but I wanted to make sure you saw me."

Members don't see this ad.

It's not wolfy to vote before your role.

There is no value to pre-game declarations of busy-ness or votes. It will not help players know if you are villager in the future. It could only help a wolf try to hide in the future.

Not inherently, no. But my ears do perk up when some votes early or jokingly and then doesn't buckle down and come up with a real vote. That smacks of trying to extend the game time before being forced to actually engage.[/spoiler]

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch Pippy

Why sign up for a game when you can only half commit? Seems like it could be a wolf cover-up.

Would still like to hear from Stella and Snowy, lurking wolves?

Yeah, I was too busy typing other novels in the thread, but this is wolfy af and I should have called it out.

Lawp, Pippy is always an easy vote. Your suspicion should be high of her, but doing so for no good reason should raise suspicion on anyone doing that voting.

Faulting her for signing up for half commitment? 1) Pippy is so active that her half commitment is still worth like 2 other regular players. 2) Plenty of others do this and with worse results to the village, why not call them out? What makes this wolfy from Pippy and not from others?

The logic is crap. Wolf logic is often insincere or flawed. Not always.

Calling out Stella & Snowy was also furthering the wolfy feel. Basically, background suspicion is always high on these 3 players. So in the absence of any actual reasons to call them out, it just reads as more empty reasoning and attempt to flash the light on the "usual suspects."

A villager could have made this exact post in a flail to add to the game, but since it doesn't really add or ring sincere/true, it flails and is wolfy.

“Last night @MixedAnimals77 was gunned down in a drive by and passed away at the scene. Police have no leads at this time."

"In other news, the Department of Health and Human Resources released a report that 25% of metro residents have tried or regularly use illicit substances. The director has requested more funding to provide rehabilitative services to people in need of help."

It is now Day 2. Lynch will close at 9pm Central/10pm Eastern/7pm Pacific.
*Individual results will be posted shortly.

13 players remaining.

Roster:
1. @Crayola227
3. @Lawper
4. @allieh8607
5. @WildZoo
6. @genny
8. @LetItSnow
9. @WeimMama
10. @PippyPony
12. @SnowshoeDog143
13. @nyanko
14. @capri1722
15. @Coopah
16. @Stella Mudd

NPC: @Mad Jack

Dead: @Animal Midwife (Vanillager)

Dead: @youngkal (Wolf)
Dead: @MixedAnimals77 (Vanillager)

Last edited:
I was trying to figure out how I feel about you and LIS in cahoots.

Likely not. You usually don't get 2 wolves in such a scenario. It takes 2 wolves usually to fake what Pippy is talking about. Usually if one person initiates a convo with the other, they are both villagers or one is wolf one is villager. So this soft clears either Pippy or LIS or both, assuming it's even true and they didn't both make this up in wolf chat to say on thread.

No. I don't think you're both wolves, and if you were you definitely wouldn't make up an item to use together. The item would circulate, and it would be better used to talk to someone else. But one of you could be. And if kal is a wolf, I wouldn't put it past either of you to bus her. You incriminating LIS makes me raise an eyebrow at you.

LIS and Pippy love bussing, but when I wolfed with them not that long ago, they were pretty reticient to pull that move out too early and decrease numbers. D1 is pretty early. They might have decided to go the other way of that debate we had some weeks ago, but I doubt it.

Not saying i wouldn't bus, but honestly it is not particularly my style to do it that early without some justification. Better to keep wolf #s up as long as possible. But WIFOM that however you want.

However, look at the timing of both of us pushing that lynch and tell me if either one looks like a bus to you.

Meanwhile...looks to me like you, allie, dubz (and to a lesser degree, capri) all pulled attention away from YK.

Agreed.

LIS and Pippy love bussing, but when I wolfed with them not that long ago, they were pretty reticient to pull that move out too early and decrease numbers. D1 is pretty early. They might have decided to go the other way of that debate we had some weeks ago, but I doubt it.
Not like I want people to think I'm suspicious here...but the fact that I'm aware enough of a disinclination towards early bussing to call it out as something I would be less likely to do means it is probably dangerous to discount it.

Same goes for LIS.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't even know to watch out for things like liking each other's posts. I can't even remember what posts I've liked in this thread lol Whatever, I understand your comment earlier about it looking like I was trying to get attention off of Kal and if that's why you want to lynch me then fine. But I think the whole placing a lynch vote based on likes is stupid.

Like anything in WW it isn't foolproof. But it really can work sometimes. However, I would caution that often if you suspect 2 players based on likes, it's not unusual that one is a villager. I will spare you all my advanced theory on this.

...you can corroborate the item? :eyebrow:

I would be pretty surprised at that. Please elaborate.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and think that this info isn't super helpful to wolves or bad for village.

Did anyone else note that there is no obviously in built mechanism for villagers to PM each other? That's not like a required part of any WW game, but it's typical. And then... the mod post says "unless otherwise specified."

So yeah, an item to talk to another player is a thing. I didn't talk to LIS so maybe corroborate is too strong a word, I'm just saying, this thing that you are saying, I'mma saying too.

Ask me how I know :rolleyes:

Ask me how I know :rolleyes:
I mean, I did ask that. Lol

Not necessarily saying to share more information right at this time... but it may make sense to do so later because in a small game, it's reasonably likely that wolves will receive the item at some point through normal RNG so will already know the details. And in general it's helpful to track those kinds of mechanics.

And I'm a tad confused about why you're using a word like "corroborate" instead of just saying it makes sense to you. Don't answer that right now, because there are a couple explanations, but I am noting it here for future reference.

Reactions: 1 user
Although I'm still amused at how y'all think I'd be soooooo on top of it that I might not get mixed up being night/day, forget where we're at in the game, etc.

I play this game on autopilot, people.

Kinda like I ER vet ****.

Don't like this. You play dumb as a wolf. Given that you gave us a typical masterful move in fingering a wolf D1, I'll let it slide. Just saying, I expect more from you. I believe in you.

Don't like this. You play dumb as a wolf. Given that you gave us a typical masterful move in fingering a wolf D1, I'll let it slide. Just saying, I expect more from you. I believe in you.
I agree. The whole "playing dumb" thing with LIS is overdone at this point, imo. Now he can use it as an excuse no matter wolf or village and every time it's used as an argument or reasoning for something that makes me raise my eyebrows, it gets a big eyeroll from me.

I maaaaaybe fed LIS a little BS in PM yesterday; I would likely be dead this morning if he was not village.

(If he saw it, that is. ;) )

Not like I want people to think I'm suspicious here...but the fact that I'm aware enough of a disinclination towards early bussing to call it out as something I would be less likely to do means it is probably dangerous to discount it.

Same goes for LIS.

I mean, you could both be wolves, hatched the fake item that is a real item plot for the thread, and bus a wolf D1. All as part of a very laid out stepwise master wolf plan. I might even try to remember this and write it up in wolf manual. Like chess.

Anything is possible but not everything is likely.

I mean, I did ask that. Lol

Not necessarily saying to share more information right at this time... but it may make sense to do so later because in a small game, it's reasonably likely that wolves will receive the item at some point through normal RNG so will already know the details. And in general it's helpful to track those kinds of mechanics.

And I'm a tad confused about why you're using a word like "corroborate" instead of just saying it makes sense to you. Don't answer that right now, because there are a couple explanations, but I am noting it here for future reference.

I too got an item and got to PM. When I read the modpost that there was no PM'ing allowed unless we're told, I then wasn't surprised when lo and behold, something appeared in my inbox.

So before you said something I knew it was a real item.

I too got an item and got to PM. When I read the modpost that there was no PM'ing allowed unless we're told, I then wasn't surprised when lo and behold, something appeared in my inbox.

So before you said something I knew it was a real item.
Ok thanks. Imma stop you right there for now, please ;)

I'm likely to pass out and I might not wake by lynch deadline :yeahright:

Which means I likely have to vote now or forever hold my piece on this lynch

3. @Lawper
4. @allieh8607
5. @WildZoo
6. @genny
8. @LetItSnow
9. @WeimMama
10. @PippyPony
12. @SnowshoeDog143
13. @nyanko
14. @capri1722
15. @Coopah
16. @Stella Mudd

WZ was sketch earlier for the reasons other said she seemed a bit sketch. Want more.
genny's interaction with pip felt sketch, like wolf on villager maybe.
I have soft cleared LIS and Pippy in my mind, except LIS playing dumb, taking down a wolf, and the fact I'm soft-clearing them, makes them seem sketch again.
Ny was sketchily friendly.
Capri gives me angry feelings, not sure why - too smart for a noob? but I can't say it's wolfy at the moment.
Coopah something about her thinking on MA, and further expounding on that, seems wrong to me.
Stella - I have no thoughts on Stella.
Snowy - why so quiet? Quiet is making me angry.
WeimMama - weird feelz. Post moar.
Lawper - the "pass" won't last forever. Make the most of it. Post. I see the effort in your post to analyze, keep it up.
Allieh - agree with Pip that things seemed off, especially with Kal. But, you seem village aside from that, and I don't want the stain of a noob wolf's actions to take down a villager. I'm torn.

"Rationally" speaking Allieh makes the most sense, but it's still pretty weak, and I don't want to lose a villager that is talking now.
Top suspects WZ, genny, Coop. However the rest besides LIS and Pippy are not on my list because I just haven't seen enough. Don't want to lynch actives when all they did that allowed them to look sketch was post. Post you quiet sketchy mofos.

I suspect MA was nightkilled because it seemed like village opinion swung from "sketch" to put her in village category.

So, villagers, it's important that we communicate, stay sketchy enough not to get night-killed, but not so sketchy we lynch each other. Brainstorm :p

Yo Crayola -- before you leave...

Humor me for a sec: if you had to estimate a real life $ value for the item you got, how much do you think it would be?

Just trying to track what has exchanged hands.

Yo Crayola -- before you leave...

Humor me for a sec: if you had to estimate a real life $ value for the item you got, how much do you think it would be?

Just trying to track what has exchanged hands.

Google says $70-100

Google says $70-100
I'm sure there may be multiple communication items floating around, but I received one last night that is worth significantly more. Just to put it out there.

I agree. The whole "playing dumb" thing with LIS is overdone at this point, imo. Now he can use it as an excuse no matter wolf or village and every time it's used as an argument or reasoning for something that makes me raise my eyebrows, it gets a big eyeroll from me.

Except I can prove it: I was all confused about day/night. :)

I'm not "playing dumb" as in gosh, I'm an idiot.

I'm just saying that some of you people have time to look at timestamps and remember every last little detail ... and I don't. I surf the game and trust my gut. So it's pretty commonplace for me to do something like vote for a dead person, or forget that it's night when it's day or vice versa.

So when I get called out for something typical like that, it raises my eyebrow because it doesn't make sense to call me out for what is super typical gameplay for me.

In particular, allieh is coming at me a bit unjustifiably hard this game. Can't tell if she's just being pissy about my vote on her, or if she's overreacting because she's wolfy, or ... *shrug*

I maaaaaybe fed LIS a little BS in PM yesterday; I would likely be dead this morning if he was not village.

(If he saw it, that is. ;) )

Hm. Interesting, but for reasons that I shouldn't put in thread.

BTW, Pippy and I are totally in cahoots.

Just that we're in cahoots for Team Village.

People who are more familiar with kdubs as a mod than I am...

If there are multiple items with the same function, what would you say the likelihood is of them both being straight up RNGed as opposed to having one start with village & one start with wolves?

@nyanko where you at

I'm likely going to stay on allie today or move away and come back to her, but I don't want discussion to stop as a result.

Would like more from @Lawper today as well as @WeimMama. Also may start voting towards @Stella Mudd if there is a second day of non-response.

Thumbs up to all of those.

People who are more familiar with kdubs as a mod than I am...

If there are multiple items with the same function, what would you say the likelihood is of them both being straight up RNGed as opposed to having one start with village & one start with wolves?

Tough call. I'd probably lean RNG, but ... hard to say.

Well, I know why you & cray would probably lean RNG ;)

Eh. Not really. That's not how I play. I'd give an honest read whether I was wolf or village because in my experience that's the best way to play either side both in an immediate sense and in a meta sense.

The flip side is, I know Kaydubs is willing to fudge some role assignments for her amusement (which isn't criticism - I'm perfectly willing to as a mod as well). So with that in mind .... maybe she'd balance it?

I really dunno. My gut just says RNG.

Eh. Not really. That's not how I play. I'd give an honest read whether I was wolf or village because in my experience that's the best way to play either side both in an immediate sense and in a meta sense.

Ditto. Honest play.

Now if I could only master smart play....

Except I can prove it: I was all confused about day/night. :)

I'm not "playing dumb" as in gosh, I'm an idiot.

I'm just saying that some of you people have time to look at timestamps and remember every last little detail ... and I don't. I surf the game and trust my gut. So it's pretty commonplace for me to do something like vote for a dead person, or forget that it's night when it's day or vice versa.

So when I get called out for something typical like that, it raises my eyebrow because it doesn't make sense to call me out for what is super typical gameplay for me.

In particular, allieh is coming at me a bit unjustifiably hard this game. Can't tell if she's just being pissy about my vote on her, or if she's overreacting because she's wolfy, or ... *shrug*

LIS, I know you aren't an idiot. And that's not what I was implying by my "playing dumb" comment. I just mean that it seems more often than not, when you're called out for things and you come back with the argument that whatever you're being called out for is due to confusion, it's just kind of dropped because "Oh that's just LIS being LIS" and I think sometimes it's a good cover when you're wolfy. What I'm trying to say in not so many words is, I just don't like that argument anymore when people think you're sketchy. The game is about picking up on subtleties and weird behavior. I thought what you did was weird and that's that...I stand by it whether you were confused about the cycle or not.

I'm not pissy about your vote on me, and I'm not a wolf. You're probably just not used to me talking this much, especially this early on and about you in particular. This is just typical me making myself look sketch on D1. You'll realize I haven't voted to lynch you, and won't be today. It's not personal, just voicing frustrations over something I feel happens time and time again.

LIS, I know you aren't an idiot. And that's not what I was implying by my "playing dumb" comment. I just mean that it seems more often than not, when you're called out for things and you come back with the argument that whatever you're being called out for is due to confusion, it's just kind of dropped because "Oh that's just LIS being LIS" and I think sometimes it's a good cover when you're wolfy. What I'm trying to say in not so many words is, I just don't like that argument anymore when people think you're sketchy. The game is about picking up on subtleties and weird behavior. I thought what you did was weird and that's that...I stand by it whether you were confused about the cycle or not.

That's fine. My point is ... you just said the game is about weird behavior, and I agree that picking up on that stuff is a part of the game.

But, I have a long history of pulling "oops that was braindead" moves (like voting for people who are dead).

So I think it's weird for you to call it "weird behavior" when in reality it's entirely consistent with my occasionally hard-driving, but occasionally ditzy play.

I also think it's weird for you to say "what you did was weird and that's that...I stand by it whether you were confused about the cycle or not."

If I was just having a brain-dead moment .......... why would you find it weird? That doesn't make sense. I can see you finding it weird if you think I'm lying... but if I'm not (your words: you stand by it whether I was confused or not)?

That's what makes me feel like you're driving the point too hard.

We don't have a table of contents, do we?

SDN needs "pinned" posts ... like, some what to have a current roster always appear at the top of every page.

allie, who's at the top of your sketchy list right now?
Probably nyanko and genny.
Ny for just popping in to say "hi friends" and genny for voting to lynch her for "never seeing her be so friendly before". Then unlynching ny and switching to snowy because she didn't realize she was playing? Just felt like a cop out vote to me but it was D1.
Also I don't think I've played with WeimMama so would like to hear more from her, but I def want to hear more from Nyanko first.

allie, who's at the top of your sketchy list right now?
To elaborate on why I'm asking... your reads were dead on during the baking game. I'm pretty sure you called out every wolf accurately at least once throughout the course of the game, and were the most consistent villager in terms of voting for wolves. So I would prefer not to lose that if possible.

Edit: ninja'd, thanks

We don't have a table of contents, do we?

SDN needs "pinned" posts ... like, some what to have a current roster always appear at the top of every page.
It's on page 3. And I agree, we need pinned posts. Also the ability to do that in PMs because it is a PITA to keep track of role hunting & **** in wolf chat without it. (Because clearly the site should prioritize making my wolfing experience easier :vamp:)