WWho Let the Dogs Out? - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It doesn't matter now since you are going to lynch me anyway, but I never told you that I was blocked by (probably Mel?) on night one. My PM message from the mods said Someone stood in front of you all night. (I have now interpreted this as Mel, the dead blocker who I PMed with that night). Good thing you weren't planning on going anywhere. (meaning I'm nilla with no night actions).

Also, squeaky toys do exist as items in this game. I got one from the mod gods! Hope ya get one since they amuse you so much Pip! Good Luck village! I'm gonna be off my phone for the rest of tonight mostly, but I hope my flip tells you something. Sorry for being a little sassy earlier. Happy new year!
 
2q53mt.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry, got home later than expected and had to settle my million animals.

Read through as best I could.

I don’t like how coop is on thread, but she’s seemed fine in the bit of PMing we’ve done.

I wasn’t thrilled about MPM responses to being question yesterday when I told them it seemed like they were mainly responding to other people’s posts when they did post. I’m not a fan of the “I’m obviously village because of X!” Defenses they seem to be doing today.

***lynch mpm***

They’ve been on my radar since yesterday and a bunch of people seem to also be sketched out by them now, too
 
**********************************************************************
Unofficial Day 4 Time Is A Construct And Has No Meaning to Dogs Lynch Tally
Coop (5) - mpm, MJ, zigzagoon, msu, Paws
mpm (8) - Lawp, matty ice, Coop, barks, allie, Beagle, meats, Cait
MJ () -
Allie (1) - pippy
paws (1) - dolph
Cray (1) - capri

16/17 voting
lynch close in ~25 minutes
Missing: Cray

mpm, you are winning!

giphy.gif

**********************************************************************
 
This feels opportunistic. I'm not seeing you playing the same as the last game. Not sure if that is because you don't have a manator or IRL is even busier, bit I'm not seeing the same thoughts on thread. I don't like the " nothing happened to little old me" and "I wish I was a wolf" qoutes, they definitely seem " look t me just being a villager" signalling that I didn't see in the other game
wait seriously
why
...i can't decide if that's sketch or not
Just a clarifying question here, it seems like everyone in the noob game had PR. Was this so we could learn how to play with these? It seems like there will be many more vanillagers in this game
Yeah, vanillagers are pretty common, but it's more fun to play with a PR. Orrrrrr maybe more stressful? :thinking:
Looked through the roster and I'd like to hear more from

@Mad Jack
@Crayola227
@Barkley13
@MSUcvmHOPE
@capri1722

Not necessarily in that order, but I don't think I've heard enough thoughts/reads from these players to lean them one way or another and I don't like having that many :shrug:s in my reads
Just responding because I was tagged but I'm totally free and clear tomorrow so hopefully I'll be more active. I've worked 9-6 every day of this game so far, and lynch close is at 8pm my time.
 
Anyway just gonna throw some stuff out there before lynch close even though I'm not caught up.
MPM seems very very nooby to me, not so much wolfy.
Getting sketch feels for Lawp and Cray, the latter due to reasons above. The former just ~feelz~ weird.
 
It was me!
Possibly because I said "Happy New year" to a doggo today and then was like "Wait you don't know what a new year is because time is a construct"

Also it may have been in a meme but I can't remember...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On New Year's Eve the dogs were not celebrating, both because time has no meaning to them and because they had bigger concerns. Not one, but two of them had disappeared last night. This meant that clearly there were still threats to be eliminated and they were pretty sure they knew who did it. Many of them honed in on a little one who was half a dog high and two dogs long. She tried to tell them it wasn't her... but they wouldn't listen.

Gone is @mypetmoose - a Miniature Longhaired Dachshund and a villager who had no special abilities

It is now Night 5. Night deadline is 1 am EST.

16 players remain.


The Agility Arena
1. @StayingPositive2017
2. @Mad Jack
3. @Lawper
4. @Crayola227

The Show Ring
Empty

The Rally Course
11. @dolphin106258
13. @Coopah
14. @Barkley13
15. @Caiter92

The Dock Diving Pool
16. @Beagle-Brigade
17. @allieh8607
18. @Matthew9Thirtyfive
19. @vetmedhead

The Barn Hunt Course
21. @MSUcvmHOPE
23. @PippyPony
25. @ziggyandjazzy
26. @capri1722

Gone
9. Skimble - Anatolian Shepherd
24. muttmanager - Norwegian Lundehund
8. Melchizedek - Rottweiler
10. grebes4lyfe - Australian Shepherd
7. johnnaboo - Barbet
22. Animal Midwife/SARdoghandler - Irish Wolfhound
5. SportPonies - Icelandic Sheepdog
12. Stagg737 - Papillon
20. sheltermed - Shetland Sheepdog
6. mypetmoose - Miniature Longhaired Dachshund
 
liked because of the way you said it
how i actually feel about the content is a different matter (ehhhhhh)
like yeah it's fishing and it's sketch and totally lynchable
but does it really matter?
even if it doesn't, still sketch
Pffffft if I was gonna fish as a wolf, there is a zero % chance I would do it like that, or for something stupid and inconsequential like role name
 
Result didn’t surprise me. I wouldn’t have been surprised if she was a wolf either and actually expected she was, but I’m not surprised.
Ok? But you still voted to Lynch her?

I guess I could say same but opposite. I thought she was vanillager but wouldn't have been surprised by vanilla wolf either.
 
Ok? But you still voted to Lynch her?

I guess I could say same but opposite. I thought she was vanillager but wouldn't have been surprised by vanilla wolf either.

Yes because I could see the behavior being wolf just as easily as it being explained by noobness. I also wanted to see how she flipped given who was voting for her.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Night after night, while many of the dogs were sleeping there was a dog who was doing her part to discover who was behind the disappearances. She was fast and surprising strong for her size and barkless (although not mute). Each night she chased someone down and tonight was no exception, but unfortunately what she discovered we may never know... because in the middle of the night her distinctive yodel was heard once and she was never seen again.

Gone is @dolphin106258 - a Basenji and a villager who could chase one player down each night and discover their true intentions

It is now Day 5. Lynch deadline is 10 pm EST.

15 players remain.


The Agility Arena
1. @StayingPositive2017
2. @Mad Jack
3. @Lawper
4. @Crayola227

The Show Ring
Empty

The Rally Course
13. @Coopah
14. @Barkley13
15. @Caiter92

The Dock Diving Pool
16. @Beagle-Brigade
17. @allieh8607
18. @Matthew9Thirtyfive
19. @vetmedhead

The Barn Hunt Course
21. @MSUcvmHOPE
23. @PippyPony
25. @ziggyandjazzy
26. @capri1722

Gone
9. Skimble - Anatolian Shepherd
24. muttmanager - Norwegian Lundehund
8. Melchizedek - Rottweiler
10. grebes4lyfe - Australian Shepherd
7. johnnaboo - Barbet
22. Animal Midwife/SARdoghandler - Irish Wolfhound
5. SportPonies - Icelandic Sheepdog
12. Stagg737 - Papillon
20. sheltermed - Shetland Sheepdog
6. mypetmoose - Miniature Longhaired Dachshund
11. dolphin106258 - Basenji
 
N1 - I received a red box and was told there was someone in the corner that I could say a sentence plus a picture to and it would go to places beyond

N2 - decided with Stagg, dolphin, and coop to ask “what were your night results” along with a picture of a village block. Got confirmation it was sent to places beyond

N3 - received a response that was a picture of a box of crayons with a red circle around it and crossed out

So with that I’m going to

Lynch cray
 
N1 - I received a red box and was told there was someone in the corner that I could say a sentence plus a picture to and it would go to places beyond

N2 - decided with Stagg, dolphin, and coop to ask “what were your night results” along with a picture of a village block. Got confirmation it was sent to places beyond

N3 - received a response that was a picture of a box of crayons with a red circle around it and crossed out

So with that I’m going to

Lynch cray
Last night (what we just received results for) was night 5. Can you confirm your timeline of what night these things happened? So you started the game on the long night with box thing?
 
Last night (what we just received results for) was night 5. Can you confirm your timeline of what night these things happened? So you started the game on the long night with box thing?

Oops I got it on night 2 actually. So everything is shifted one night. I didn’t say anything immediately because I wanted to talk to my PM partners first and the plan was for dolphin to look into cray last night (night 5)
 
Oh also, we can stop with the breed thing. I was trying to clear the tracker, but wouldn't have associated Basenji with tracker anyways. I was looking for a hound or even a sighthound.

Coop has a mild village point in her direction, for anyone who missed that.

Lynch cray
 
So you were trying for Mel's results? Do you think this could have been either n1 or n2 results?

Well at first we weren’t exactly sure who we were asking so we were just trying to come up with a question that wouldn’t get a yes/no answer and once it was clarified that it would go to “places beyond” we narrowed it down to that question. It could be Mel’s results or since it wasn’t really submitted until the end of N3 and answered N4 i guess it’s possible it could be AM’s too.
 
Lynch paws


Only bc currently I have a tin foil-y idea that if Paws was a wolf would they want Mel and AM around? I don’t know. But I am not on board with the coop lynch.

Dolph are youvillage or wolfy leaning coop?

Village. I believe I’ve said so at least once today? (Maybe I’m imagining I have).

I don't think Coops is wolf based on dolphin's posts.

I can support the Cray lynch.

Lynch Cray
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Barkley13 Sorry I didn’t answer your pm before night close 🙁 ended up having to go to the ER tonight with one of my rabbits. Best NYE ever /sarcasm

***lynch cray***

Will finish catching up totally tomorrow
 
Well at first we weren’t exactly sure who we were asking so we were just trying to come up with a question that wouldn’t get a yes/no answer and once it was clarified that it would go to “places beyond” we narrowed it down to that question. It could be Mel’s results or since it wasn’t really submitted until the end of N3 and answered N4 i guess it’s possible it could be AM’s too.
So it could be just that Mel blocked cray one of those nights. Why do you think that means we should Lynch her?