WWho Let the Dogs Out? - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Look I'm all for lynching Cray for activity but the quick pileup of votes on her feels off to me. Particularly Cait and MSU felt weird but not sure if it's nooby or wolfy (for the latter anyway). And Lawpy too but he was feeling sketch before anyway.
I sorta agree with the MSU thing. In the last game she never voted very early that I remember, and not so freely if that makes sense. I have been getting weird vibes somewhat.
 
*****************************************
Unofficial Day 5 Lynch Tally
Cray (6)
- Barkley, Pippy, Lawpy, Cait, MSU, zigzag
Lawpy (1) - Matt

7/15
lynch close in ~9 hours
*****************************************
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Look I'm all for lynching Cray for activity but the quick pileup of votes on her feels off to me. Particularly Cait and MSU felt weird but not sure if it's nooby or wolfy (for the latter anyway). And Lawpy too but he was feeling sketch before anyway.
I said how I was interpreting Barkley’s results above and why I decided to lynch cray over it.
 
I think it’s also important to note we are down some very important players very quickly. Are the wolves just getting lucky or how are they managing to do this? Just getting lucky or very well calculated night kills? Without cray around much, I’m inclined to think she isn’t responsible for it, but I could be wrong.

I am still suspicious of barks like I said previously. The initial post still doesn’t make that much sense to me.
 
Eh saying you don’t want to lynch someone without evidence is not “incredibly defensive” just because it disagrees with you. The burden of proof is on the accuser. Why are voting to lynch her other than everyone else was doing it? If your only answer is that she hasn’t been around, that’s not very strong.
I think I've made it clear that at this point I'm worried of one a possible conversion, and two if cray doesn't start participating then she is only a liability to the village. I've also said I'm open to changing my vote.
I get badwagoning quickly looks suspicious, as it should, but I want to see how others including Cray react. I'm on the fence whether this is a set up or not, if it is a set up to get rid of another more exp player then it would be foolish for wolves to jump on it right away since that would put sus on them immediately.
I'm only saying that how Paws is going at it is a little sus since others have been a little less dramatic with their curiosities of the situation at this point. I'm not inclined to lean wolf on paws, but if Cray turns out wolfy then that reaction would give me cause to look at her.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile
 
I think it’s also important to note we are down some very important players very quickly. Are the wolves just getting lucky or how are they managing to do this? Just getting lucky or very well calculated night kills? Without cray around much, I’m inclined to think she isn’t responsible for it, but I could be wrong.

I am still suspicious of barks like I said previously. The initial post still doesn’t make that much sense to me.
Generally with wolf kills, you have to choose which wolf does the night kill. It’s not only one wolf who can. So just because cray isn’t around doesn’t mean she couldn’t be a wolf.
 
I sorta agree with the MSU thing. In the last game she never voted very early that I remember, and not so freely if that makes sense. I have been getting weird vibes somewhat.
Understandable again. I have figured out the game more, as my style towards the end of the noob game should have shown, so I want to be as active as I can (like this morning I'm not working/doing much of anything else... And I'd hate to have the village wrongfully suspect me again for my terrible voting/not paying attention enough style early game cause i made the worst choices. Lol)
Granted I'm not perfect and am probably going to do some other dumb stuff again, if that happens don't bring me back to life next time. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile
 
Generally with wolf kills, you have to choose which wolf does the night kill. It’s not only one wolf who can. So just because cray isn’t around doesn’t mean she couldn’t be a wolf.
I know it doesn’t clear her of being a wolf. Just saying if she is, I don’t think she is behind these extremely calculated attacks
 
N1 - I received a red box and was told there was someone in the corner that I could say a sentence plus a picture to and it would go to places beyond

N2 - decided with Stagg, dolphin, and coop to ask “what were your night results” along with a picture of a village block. Got confirmation it was sent to places beyond

N3 - received a response that was a picture of a box of crayons with a red circle around it and crossed out

So with that I’m going to

Lynch cray
I’m suspicious bark or coop got dolphin killed because she said she was tracker.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you get your info about a possible conversion? Didn't you say it hadn't happened yet?
I got it in N4 results. I have no idea if it’s happened. The item I made was for a yes or no question, and I just asked if wolves could convert.
 
I think I've made it clear that at this point I'm worried of one a possible conversion, and two if cray doesn't start participating then she is only a liability to the village. I've also said I'm open to changing my vote.
I get badwagoning quickly looks suspicious, as it should, but I want to see how others including Cray react. I'm on the fence whether this is a set up or not, if it is a set up to get rid of another more exp player then it would be foolish for wolves to jump on it right away since that would put sus on them immediately.
I'm only saying that how Paws is going at it is a little sus since others have been a little less dramatic with their curiosities of the situation at this point. I'm not inclined to lean wolf on paws, but if Cray turns out wolfy then that reaction would give me cause to look at her.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile

Okay so your reason is that she’s not around. You’ve thought about what it would mean to you how she flips though.

I personally just have noticed a couple of these quick build ups over the last couple days. One was a wolf, but the second one was a villager. I was in on that too, but that was much less seemingly certain than sporty. This feels kind of like the mpm lynch except that there might be solid info. Maybe. Possibly.
 
We have a soft clear on coop as of yesterday so it would be Barkley as an original wolf. What do you think about Barkley the wolf leading this cray Lynch?
By soft clear do you mean where dolphin was saying she didn’t vote to lynch coop?

I think Barkley could be a wolf. I wouldn’t count it out.

I’m going to go back and look at write ups but I don’t remember reading anything that hinted at conversions yet.
 
As I said before, I received an item N3 that allowed me to make an item I could use the next night. I made an ask a mod item for a yes/no question. It was a one use item.
That seems like sort of a weird item to make to me. Why didn’t you make something else? Just curious
 
That seems like sort of a weird item to make to me. Why didn’t you make something else? Just curious
Because info about mechanics are helpful. If converts aren’t possible, anyone one who is seered village we know is village the whole game. Question items are also more likely to give helpful info if they aren’t broad, so I specified a yes/no question to avoid a vague answer.
 
I’ve known for days. Coop found out last night. I could say that dolphin cleared both of us but there’s no reason you should just believe me :shrug:
So dolphins seer strategy was to look into others in her group at night so then she could trust them the next day? Aren’t there wolves that come up as villagers even when they aren’t?
 
How do we know dolphin was a seer and not a tracker? I know the ability description sounds vaguely seerish, but it also sounds vaguely tracker-ish, and didn't we have an untrackable wolf?

If she cleared people by tracking them, then those clears are definitely not as strong as if she were an affiliation seer
You're making a lot of sense. When I first read it, I was thinking tracker actually
edit then I got confused because still trying to figure out roles
 
How do we know dolphin was a seer and not a tracker? I know the ability description sounds vaguely seerish, but it also sounds vaguely tracker-ish, and didn't we have an untrackable wolf?

If she cleared people by tracking them, then those clears are definitely not as strong as if she were an affiliation seer

She said she was the seer
 
"who could chase one player down each night and discover their true intentions". Sounds a bit vague upon re-reading. Discovering their true intentions does sound like she could see affiliation though
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
N1 before d1
Day 1 Tally

Pippy (1) - Coopah
SportsPuppies (2) - stagg, AMSAR
Mel
(1)- Crayola
Grebes (3)- Barks, beagle, Capri
MJ (0)-
Matty ice (0)-
AMSAR (4)- Skimble, SportsPuppies, allie, caiter
Skimble (0)-
mutts (6)- Lawper, MJ, shelter, Paws, Mel, MSUHope
Shelter (2)- Pippy, Dolphin
VMH (1)- Mutts
Paws (2)- VMH, Jboo
Barks (2)- Grebes, mypetmoose
Ziggy (1) - Ziggy

25/26 voting: missing Matt#


D2 Lynch Tally

Cray () -
Sporty (3) -Stagg, Paws, Pippy
Paws (0) -
shelter (4) - mpm, MJ, dolphin, cray
grebes (7) - Beagle, Coop, Barkley, Capri, lawper, Matt, AMSAR
AMSAR
(6) - shelter, zigzag, Cait, allie, Sporty, jboo, Grebes
mpm
(1) - vmh
Cait (1) - MSU

23/23


Day 3 Tally

Sporty (15)
- Lawpy, dolphin, Stagg, capri, allie, paws, meats, mpm, barks, MJ, Beagle, Cait, Pippy, Coop, MSU
mpm () -
coop () -
Pippy () -
Cray (1) - Sporty
Lawpy (1) - Matt

17/20 Missing Cray, shelter, zigzag


Day 4 Lynch Tally
Coop (5) - mpm, MJ, zigzagoon, msu, Paws
mpm (8) - Lawp, matty ice, Coop, barks, allie, Beagle, meats, Cait
MJ () -
Allie (1) - pippy
paws (1) - dolph
Cray (1) - capri

16/17 voting
Missing: Cray
Right so now I am inclined to think dolphin was affiliation seer looking for people to trust in her group (or not trust). Everyone might have already found this out but I'll think out loud. She must've seered Staggs and trusted him. So then it seems like she seered Sporty N3 (before d3) because then her and staggs went for sporty hard that day, and that's when Sporty said someone looked into her the night before. Coop may have brought up that staggs wasn't totally sure of the sporty Lynch to try to get people off the idea the seer might be in their group.
 
Lol I am chuckling a bit thinking about Cray's reaction when she gets back on the thread, probably hungover, and sees she is not only leading lynch, but it's because someone got a picture of unknown origin of crayons crossed out.

I'm awful but I'm actually tempted to stay on this vote until she shows up, just to see it haha
I agree with you about the information about cray being super unreliable and probably not the wisest idea to go in that direction. I just want to clarify- your vote for her is due to what you previously said about contingency lynching her due to inactivity right? It doesn't have anything to do with Barkley's info?
 
N1 before d1

Right so now I am inclined to think dolphin was affiliation seer looking for people to trust in her group (or not trust). Everyone might have already found this out but I'll think out loud. She must've seered Staggs and trusted him. So then it seems like she seered Sporty N3 (before d3) because then her and staggs went for sporty hard that day, and that's when Sporty said someone looked into her the night before. Coop may have brought up that staggs wasn't totally sure of the sporty Lynch to try to get people off the idea the seer might be in their group.

Coop didn’t know that dolphin was seer at that point. Stagg really told her that in case we couldn’t trust her
 
I agree with you about the information about cray being super unreliable and probably not the wisest idea to go in that direction. I just want to clarify- your vote for her is due to what you previously said about contingency lynching her due to inactivity right? It doesn't have anything to do with Barkley's info?
Correct.

I also wasn't super thrilled with how she reacted to me voting for her way back towards the beginning of the game, but her drunk posting a couple of nights ago made me feel a little better about her, so it was kind of a wash & I wanted/want more of a read.
 
How do we know dolphin was a seer and not a tracker? I know the ability description sounds vaguely seerish, but it also sounds vaguely tracker-ish, and didn't we have an untrackable wolf?

If she cleared people by tracking them, then those clears are definitely not as strong as if she were an affiliation seer
So what did dolphin track sporty doing then? That was the night jboo and AM killed each other
 
Also no offense but this from-the-wherever Crayola village block info sounds like bunk science.

From that description of the picture, I wouldn't have been able to distinguish that it was talking about a village block vs just town affiliation, let alone the fact that WE DON'T KNOW WHO IT WENT TO

Agreed. Part of why I’m not following.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah?? I can't figure out if you think she was a tracker or seer.
Seriously? Pippy said "maybe she was a tracker" I asked rhetorically "then what did dolphin track sporty doing that made her call sporty a wolf" and pippy responded "oh yeah, I had my days mixed up."
Reading comprehension. Go read the whole conversation again

@Matthew9Thirtyfive: why should we believe barkley?

Yes. I think dolphin was a seer.