WWho Let the Dogs Out? - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's an over statement, I meant that I haven't seen anything strongly against Bark's info to doubt it. Sure it could have come from biased dead players, or wolves, or heck just be made up, but it lines up with too much of what other players including dolphin have said. I also didn't have a read on cray on way or the other before all this.

My biggest impression right now is that this feels like the sporty lynch to me so I'm okay jumping on

I mean....you should be doubting any information that didn't come straight from the mods. Which this did not.

What part of this lynch feels like the sporty lynch to you?
 
Okay here’s my PM with sporty since @ziggyandjazzy asked.

Yay! I’m participating!

Woof! Bark!
Hi matt. I want to be asleep but am painfully awake instead. What are your thoughts so far?

I think I saw that you were catching up though so take your time
Yeah I’m way behind. Like 8 pages behind lol. I also have no abilities so I don’t feel particularly pressured to have strong opinions.
Let me know what you think when you catch up! We have this PM until the night closes.
I’m strongly unconvinced by the grebes thing.

Her line of reasoning and fishing are sketchy af but also frankly par for the course with her. I honestly think it’s how she naturally posts and works through stuff, after being a wolf mentor with her in the noob game.
Currently still unhappy with am’s play but I’m going to remote properly read still. Once I’m not at a party. And well rested.

So that’s a problem for tomorrow me
Okay so I am keeping an eye on lawps, AW, cray, grebes, and stagg.

I don’t have high suspicions of any of them though. AW was definitely defensive, but I don’t have anything to compare it to and pip seems to think she gets more quiet when she’s really defensive.
Sorry, by AW do you mean AM?
Okay cool, I’m following now.

I’m gonna go through and do some sort of read today. There was a lot more talk yesterday than I was expecting and I didn’t get the chance to do good analysis yet
Why is everyone lynching shelter?
I haven’t been anything but skimming for the last few hours, because of irl stuff. But I think they said something about her not having original thoughts and just piling on?

But it seems kinda runaway bandwagony to me now
Yeah I honestly don’t know who to lynch.
At this point I'm just pissed and annoyed that lynch is on me because AM pulled some random crap from a game that happened a year ago and says it "seems similar"
Why do you think grebes is village?
I was a wolf mentor for noob game. I've seen the way she wolfs on thread AND behind the scenes. I don't think her play this game is good play, but it certainly doesn't seem like her wolfy play.
 
That's an over statement, I meant that I haven't seen anything strongly against Bark's info to doubt it. Sure it could have come from biased dead players, or wolves, or heck just be made up, but it lines up with too much of what other players including dolphin have said. I also didn't have a read on cray on way or the other before all this.

My biggest impression right now is that this feels like the sporty lynch to me so I'm okay jumping on

Did the mpm lynch feel like the sporty lynch? What feels similar here?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean....you should be doubting any information that didn't come straight from the mods. Which this did not.

What part of this lynch feels like the sporty lynch to you?

I'm cautious of the new info but it agrees with a lot of what has been said in previous days. It's not from the mods sure but makes sense to me. I feel bad Cray isn't here to defend herself but I'll stand by this lynch vote.

The part that feels like sporty is that we got info on thread from someone's night action, it made sense, we voted on it, and in the end we got a wolf. Again not fool proof by any means but n=1 I'm inclined to try the same thing again and hopefully get another wolf.
 
******************************************************************************
Unofficial Day 5 Time to Work On Those Resolutions Lynch Tally
Cray (6)
- Barkley, Pippy, Lawpy, Cait, MSU, Beagle
Lawpy (1) - Matt
capri (3) - Coop, meats, allie
Paws (1) - zigzag

11/15
lynch close 2200 (~3 hours)

tenor.gif

******************************************************************************
 
If cray does get lynched today, and she flips wolf, then you better kill me tonight because you better believe I will come after you tomorrow.
I mean I feel like you laid out plenty of reasons Coop should be sketch without Cray flipping wolf so why wouldn't she be on your lynch list—
And actually, if you are still alive heading into end game, I'm probably lynching you anyways on the premise that you are unseerable.
Ah, never mind. Carry on.
If you trust anything out of my mouth trust this: if I were a wolf you'd already be dead
WIFOMy as fork
Official Day 5 Time to Work On Those Resolutions Lynch Tally
Cray (6)
- Barkley, Pippy, Lawpy, Cait, MSU, zigzag
Lawpy (1) - Matt
capri (1) - Coop

8/15
lynch close 2200 (<5 hours)

tenor.gif
Liked for the gif
@Capri I am still waiting for more input from you today

I will park a lynch vote on you to give you some inspiration to reply

Lynch capri
…
From what I have read, there are no clear advantages to interviewing at any particular time of year. The primacy effect can help, the recency effect can help. Holidays can put people in a good mood. Nearing the end of the process can too. And any of these things can get in the way too. So, you should interview whenever it works out.

So, will it work out for you to interview on that coast now? Probably not. You can't submit your ERAS app until 9/1, and there are no programs that I have ever heard of that will interview someone without an app in hand. Although some will interview before it's complete (typically without the Dean's letter, sometimes without all the LORs) I think it's highly unlikely that they will interview with NOTHING in hand.

Although the money and time invested are quite high if you have to fly back, it's all an investment in your entire career.

Good luck.
Yeah, you're right VMH, definitely a wolf
 
Sorry dude just do. What wolf wouldn't pump a noob for as much info as possible?
It was literally n1 and d1 and abundantly clear I wasn't at all caught up on the thread even remotely. I had no info to provide even if I wanted to
 
I'm cautious of the new info but it agrees with a lot of what has been said in previous days. It's not from the mods sure but makes sense to me. I feel bad Cray isn't here to defend herself but I'll stand by this lynch vote.

The part that feels like sporty is that we got info on thread from someone's night action, it made sense, we voted on it, and in the end we got a wolf. Again not fool proof by any means but n=1 I'm inclined to try the same thing again and hopefully get another wolf.

But that night action had much more solid info.. this one is more up to interpretation
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I could vote Capri today at least for some pressure and to get her to come and post like she said she would. I ISO'd her yesterday and tried to build a case but there's not a whole lot to analyze. I'm still determined to find a wolf that jumped on the sporty lynch super early and Capri does fit that criteria.

Lynch capri
So let's say I am a wolf and I saw that Sporty got the "you were chased last night" or whatever message. Tbh that sounds more like tracking to me (edit: yes of course I know now it is/was not tracking) and we already know Jboo was the one doing the kill that night. If I was a wolf I would not have known Sporty was seered.

Not to mention, have you ever seen me bus as a wolf in prior games? In Reading I never bussed the entire game (and in fact voted with AM the entire game…whoops). In WWinter the only time I bussed a fellow wolf it was because they were already going down anyway. Which if you're going to argue I knew Sporty was going down because she was seered, then see above.
 
Catching up with this afternoon

I reread all the night write ups, and none of them suggest to me a conversion has occurred yet. Plus I feel like usually wolves can’t kill on a conversion night? And we’ve had kills every night. So I’m inclined to believe coop and Barkley are still village. Allie’s right it seemed like a seer was in my group, so maybe the wolves just got lucky on first guess after killing stagg.

Barkley’s info from beyond being dead chat makes sense. ###unlynch cray###

Right, so just that we should be expecting conversions at some point. important info to know

That seems like sort of a weird item to make to me. Why didn’t you make something else? Just curious

Don’t really like how zingy flipped her opinion on the item info though. That’s a little odd
 
Catching up with this afternoon

I reread all the night write ups, and none of them suggest to me a conversion has occurred yet. Plus I feel like usually wolves can’t kill on a conversion night? And we’ve had kills every night. So I’m inclined to believe coop and Barkley are still village. Allie’s right it seemed like a seer was in my group, so maybe the wolves just got lucky on first guess after killing stagg.

Barkley’s info from beyond being dead chat makes sense. ###unlynch cray###





Don’t really like how zingy flipped her opinion on the item info though. That’s a little odd
I didn't understand the first time that you had made an item. I thought you were gifted something like the AI I had in the last game where you could ask a question about mechanics.

I still think it's weird you made that, but you're a more experienced player than me. I would've made something to shoot a wolf or something.
 
Alright it's getting close to close. 3 days is too much to not be really life issues in my opinion. Even though I'd like to see what would happen, for today
###unlynch Cray###

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile
 
I didn't understand the first time that you had made an item. I thought you were gifted something like the AI I had in the last game where you could ask a question about mechanics.

I still think it's weird you made that, but you're a more experienced player than me. I would've made something to shoot a wolf or something.
:eyebrow:
How could you guarantee the person you're shooting would be a wolf? Sketch points for you.
 
This is sufficient! As you were catching up you would have seen people questioning your PM choice and I'm sure you would have eventually clarified.
Just saw this again and still think it reads weird
What do you want me to address? My ability is to PM. I put in my request at night, and the PM is opened by a mod during the day cycle. My PMs stay open for the entirety of that day and the following night. I opened the PM with ziggy because I jive well with the way she's been playing the noob game.

N1 and d1

Lmao

It was literally n1 and d1 and abundantly clear I wasn't at all caught up on the thread even remotely. I had no info to provide even if I wanted to

I wouldn't use the item right away, I would wait until I knew. Idk how that is sketch but ok


Literally why?
I got the message from the mods on Thursday that started the chat. that's n1 right???
Yes thursday is night one. It's just weird that sporty said her pms started in the day cycle and that matches something else I saw so now I am wondering if you are lying
 
The info on cray makes sense to me and I have no reason not to believe it as far as I can see.
There are like a hundred reasons not to believe it

Pippys responses have made me less suspicious of her today.
Which responses made you feel better about me? I thought I was your strongest wolf read.

That's an over statement, I meant that I haven't seen anything strongly against Bark's info to doubt it. Sure it could have come from biased dead players, or wolves, or heck just be made up, but it lines up with too much of what other players including dolphin have said. I also didn't have a read on cray on way or the other before all this.

My biggest impression right now is that this feels like the sporty lynch to me so I'm okay jumping on
I...I might have to revoke that manatee free pass.

I mean I feel like you laid out plenty of reasons Coop should be sketch without Cray flipping wolf so why wouldn't she be on your lynch list—

Ah, never mind. Carry on.

WIFOMy as fork

Liked for the gif

…

Yeah, you're right VMH, definitely a wolf
Are you seriously using a quote you wrote on a different part of the site as a rebuttal? Am I missing something about this?

So let's say I am a wolf and I saw that Sporty got the "you were chased last night" or whatever message. Tbh that sounds more like tracking to me (edit: yes of course I know now it is/was not tracking) and we already know Jboo was the one doing the kill that night. If I was a wolf I would not have known Sporty was seered.
I actually didn't get a very bus-like feel to the way you hopped on that vote, but I just read all of that and there's something off-putting about the level of intimacy you're describing with the way that all might have gone down.

Not to mention, have you ever seen me bus as a wolf in prior games? In Reading I never bussed the entire game (and in fact voted with AM the entire game…whoops). In WWinter the only time I bussed a fellow wolf it was because they were already going down anyway.
:hello: hi, remember me? One of your wolf manators? Did I not watch you bus a fellow wolf on like D2 of your very first game?
 
What does this info agree with from previous day's about cray?

What I'm trying to say is the box thing, who knew about it and that they trusted each other from dolphin's seering all adds up to me. There are way too many people all telling the same complicated story that it's almost impossible it didn't happen. The part that's up for interpretation is what the crayons with the line through it meant (cray isn't village or cray is blocked), to which I'm leaning not village, and where the info came from so if can trust it, which I'm inclined to believe is dead chat just because that's the most logical to me rn.

But that night action had much more solid info.. this one is more up to interpretation

Does it? Stagg literally just said "reasons" as far as I can remember and we all went with it. This thing about the box is that its way more elaborate and while open to interpretation I personally feel like trusting it and seeing what happens.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which responses made you feel better about me? I thought I was your strongest wolf read.

I didn't say you weren't still on my possible wolf list 😉 . You still are but I took note of the way you interacted with Coopah today and maybe I'm noobing really hard now but grilling them seemed like a very village thing to do. The fishing is still suspicious but that's basically where I'm at.

I...I might have to revoke that manatee free pass.
😢
 
FWIW, that's one of the allie quotes that set me off on her yesterday. I don't like how it reads, either. It feels wolf-wolf to me.

In addition, she was one of the people that flipped the D2 lynch from Sporty to AM.
BUT -- outside of those 2 things, allie felt more village to me in today's re-read, knowing what we know now about some other players.

On the flipside, Caiter felt more wolfy. But then was almost so wolfy at times that she seemed very village. Lol
 
Are you seriously using a quote you wrote on a different part of the site as a rebuttal? Am I missing something about this?
Yes. Look closely at who wrote it.
:hello: hi, remember me? One of your wolf manators? Did I not watch you bus a fellow wolf on like D2 of your very first game?
I could have sworn we had this same discussion in another game. No. I did not. Staff was like 1 vote away from being lynched on D2 or D3 and I "wasn't sure" whether to lynch him or the other candidate, or I was waffling between them, or something. Right after lynch close I said "oh well I would have switched to Staff but just in case for tomorrow I'll contingency lynch him" and then he ended up being lynched the next day.
 
Just saw this again and still think it reads weird







Yes thursday is night one. It's just weird that sporty said her pms started in the day cycle and that matches something else I saw so now I am wondering if you are lying
Then she either described her role wrong or the mods made a mistake.

I'm not sure why you are so obsessed with this. So weird. The PM was opened by the mods Thursday at 8:51 PM. It says that we could communicate on there for the next day and night cycle. I commented the first comment of the thread I posted at 8:53. I am not lying. About anything. but ok.
edit the title of the chat is d1/n2. So maybe I commented before I was supposed to? Or maybe 8:53 is considered day? I have literally have no idea. But this is the last I'm commenting about this Pm because it is pointless
 
Then she either described her role wrong or the mods made a mistake.

I'm not sure why you are so obsessed with this. So weird. The PM was opened by the mods Thursday at 8:51 PM. It says that we could communicate on there for the next day and night cycle. I commented the first comment of the thread I posted at 8:53. I am not lying. About anything. but ok.
So you could pm N1, D1, and n2?
 
I didn't understand the first time that you had made an item. I thought you were gifted something like the AI I had in the last game where you could ask a question about mechanics.

I still think it's weird you made that, but you're a more experienced player than me. I would've made something to shoot a wolf or something.
I had no idea who for sure was a wolf, and had to use the item the next night. It had to be a simple function, so I have no idea if the mods would have let me make an item that would kill a wolf but not a villager. I really don’t think it’s that weird to make an item to help figure out mechanics, but eh.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Then she either described her role wrong or the mods made a mistake.

I'm not sure why you are so obsessed with this. So weird. The PM was opened by the mods Thursday at 8:51 PM. It says that we could communicate on there for the next day and night cycle. I commented the first comment of the thread I posted at 8:53. I am not lying. About anything. but ok.
edit the title of the chat is d1/n2. So maybe I commented before I was supposed to? Or maybe 8:53 is considered day? I have literally have no idea. But this is the last I'm commenting about this Pm because it is pointless

I’m confused... it opened at night and then you immediately started talking and continued for the next day and night?
 
I had no idea who for sure was a wolf, and had to use the item the next night. It had to be a simple function, so I have no idea if the mods would have let me make an item that would kill a wolf but not a villager. I really don’t think it’s that weird to make an item to help figure out mechanics, but eh.
Why not ask for a seer item?