WWorld of Neopia - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wolves need to stop killing me off so early every game :smack:

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure why I'm in the lead for lynch votes. I'm just a harmless villager that loves to eat food.

What's with this here pansy lynch vote stuff? In my day you just beat up those rascals that be causing ya trouble. But sometimes you travel to Rome and go to the Colosseum, or something like that...

Lynch WTF

Members don't see this ad :)
She's an NPC tho. Can NPCs be evil?

Official lynch tally

98cats - 2 (WL, lissa)
Swings - 3 (epivet, kayd, Allie)
Allie - 3 (UFO, orca, swings)
UFO - 5 (dyachei, escalla, vetash, tp, nohika)
MJ - 2 (Jayna, TV)
LIS - 2 (wz, STL)
Vetash - 2 (98cats, Gwen)
STL - 1 (devyn)
Mags - 1 (Mdream)
TV - 1 (ash)
Chillbo - 1 (MJ)
Wtf - 4 (jojo, SOV, Chillbo, LIS)

Votes: 27/29
Deadline: ~2 hours
Waffles: 2

Last edited:
RNG lynch STL!

Sorry for the late post. I was literally lying in the sun today in this gorgeous weather trying to tan my stomach.

****unlynch bluesails, lynch wtf****

The 29 vote denominator doesn't include WTF.

Haha I missed it earlier. I won't need to be licked. :)

Creepy McCreeperson.

Oops.. Just realised I said 630, had it in my head we were ending at 730 est. It's tied anyways, so I'll be nice this once... 34 minutes until close. Waffle away if you wish.

Official lynch tally

98cats - 2 (WL, lissa)
Allie - 3 (UFO, orca, swings, FS)
UFO - 5 (dyachei, escalla, vetash, tp, nohika)
MJ - 2 (Jayna, TV)
LIS - 2 (wz, STL)
STL - 2 (devyn, bluesails)
Mags - 1 (Mdream)
TV - 1 (ash)
Chillbo - 1 (MJ)
Wtf - 5 (jojo, SOV, Chillbo, LIS, mags)

Votes: 30/30 (nice!)
Deadline: ~30 minutes
Waffles: 3

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it a tie? I see ufo getting lynched.

Or I'm blonde. Which is entirely possible.

Thanks a lot for that SOV!

Reactions: 1 user
Final Lynch Tally

98cats - 2
(WL, lissa)
Allie - 4 (UFO, orca, swings, FS - contingency)
UFO - 6 (dyachei, escalla, vetash, tp, nohika, SOV)
MJ - 2 (Jayna, TV)
LIS - 2 (wz, STL)
STL - 2 (devyn, bluesails)
Mags - 1 (Mdream)
TV - 1 (ash)
Chillbo - 1 (MJ)
Wtf - 5 (jojo, Chillbo, LIS, mags, UFO)

Votes: 30/30
Waffles: 4

Last edited:
After the day starts slowly, votes are tossed around willy nilly. After a very exciting tie, a winner (or loser?) emerges. The enraged neopets drag UFO to the center of the town square and hang him from the tree next to the body of BI (someone should really take that down already..).

th

You have lynched UFO, the Esophagor, who was constantly hungry but full of helpful answers.

It is now Night 2. Night deadline is 3:30pm GMT/10:30am EST or whenever all actions are in.

m4125_edaf6.gif

"Full of helpful answers"... :(

Can someone enlighten me about NPCs? I have no idea what that means - how is it different from someone not who's not playing but following the game?

Can someone enlighten me about NPCs? I have no idea what that means - how is it different from someone not who's not playing but following the game?

In a typical game, a NPC does not play for either side, they do not win at the end with villagers or wolves - they are just that a non-player character. As such they cannot be lynched and they cannot die. They are not playing to full capacity which is why I am not fully sure why veteran players are lynching an NPC. It is a wasted vote unless Cyndia has no idea what an NPC is. They have a roll in the game - which varies game to game but usually does not benefit one side more than another, it is balanced out. It is a way to allow some mechanisms to occur in a game without assigning them to playing rolls and also allow someone to play who cannot play at full capacity.

I figured WTF might be more important than a random villager, who didn't indicate an important role as well.

Didn't want to lynch her without hearing SOMETHING.

Lynch me if you think I was wrong, but it made sense to me.

I wasn't really referring to just your vote flipping; I figured that's what you were thinking.

NPC = no playing character.

They typically aren't listed on the roster, and typically can't be lynched or voted for or killed off by the wolves... they are a bit of a nebulous zone between chaos, moderator, and lurker...

In a typical game, a NPC does not play for either side, they do not win at the end with villagers or wolves - they are just that a non-player character. As such they cannot be lynched and they cannot die. They are not playing to full capacity which is why I am not fully sure why veteran players are lynching an NPC. It is a wasted vote unless Cyndia has no idea what an NPC is. They have a roll in the game - which varies game to game but usually does not benefit one side more than another, it is balanced out. It is a way to allow some mechanisms to occur in a game without assigning them to playing rolls and also allow someone to play who cannot play at full capacity.
You mean like your character in the original SDN parody game?
or the players in the original pre-vet WW game.

Ok... both examples are my games, but still, sometimes NPCs have to be killed.

And she is listed on the roster.

i did it as a joke more or less, just like I did with the mayoral vote. Usually NPC's aren't listed on the roster, and usually mods make it clear that they can't be included in the votes and such... I'm partially trying to test the waters of the mod, cause I don't want us to forget about her and she turns out to be more of a chaos than NPC...

Well, I did it because I agreed with SOV: I want to know more. We often spend way too much time dickering over NPCs/Neutrals/Chaotics/Whatever; seemed like a good way to deal with it quickly.

And, there have been a few games where non-wolves/villagers have just had way too much ability to impact the game. Some people find that fun, I suppose. I personally find it just kinda annoying, because the more the game is controlled by non-wolves/villagers, the less it matters what players actually DO. Both WTF and I have played characters in past games that basically could have decided the game whichever way we wanted it; that's not a lot of fun for the people actually PLAYING it. So it seemed to me to make sense to try and understand WTF's role early in this game.

It sounds like we lynched an important player... maybe I am wrong.. but PLEASE.... if you have an important role... either tell SOMEBODY who can stick up for you, or at least let us know BEFORE you are lynched...not necessarily early in the lynch, but SOMETIME.

That is all.

You mean like your character in the original SDN parody game?
or the players in the original pre-vet WW game.

Ok... both examples are my games, but still, sometimes NPCs have to be killed.

And she is listed on the roster.

I was not listed as an NPC nor told I was an NPC.... so I think our definition differs.....

In every game where a player was listed or said they were an NPC they could not be lynched and did not count for anything - they were not chaos.....

Does this mean Cyndia is following this rule? No... but I am more inclined to have someone investigate it if you are wondering then to waste a lynch on an NPC... jmo

I was not listed as an NPC nor told I was an NPC.... so I think our definition differs.....

In every game where a player was listed or said they were an NPC they could not be lynched and did not count for anything - they were not chaos.....

Does this mean Cyndia is following this rule? No... but I am more inclined to have someone investigate it if you are wondering then to waste a lynch on an NPC... jmo
eh, i'd rather have wasted a D2 lynch than an investigation... i mean, it may have been better to just have wasted today's death on the NPC too...

Yeah... we need a WW rule book, with definitions so these things are really clear.
Then mods would HAVE to follow the rules or face public ridicule.

Everyone who sends me 10 quid will get a copy.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah... we need a WW rule book, with definitions so these things are really clear.
Then mods would HAVE to follow the rules or face public ridicule.

Everyone who sends me 10 quid will get a copy.

I agree with this....

and tbh a NPC is just that a NPC... so if the definition was changed for this game I will be beyond annoyed... it is not chaos and should not play as chaos that is not how it works....