2008-2009 Drexel Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I interviewed on 1/28 and haven't had any app status changes.
I called today and they said to wait maybe another week. At least the person on the phone was pleasant. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on 1/28 and haven't had any app status changes.
I called today and they said to wait maybe another week. At least the person on the phone was pleasant. :)
I was there on 1/28 too and still no change in status. But many who interviewed after us have had their status changed. And the interview season is also coming to an end. I'm really worried. I realllllllly liked the school.:cry::confused::(

Anyone with this status message pre-interview:

Thank you for your application. Your file has been reviewed and will be re-evaluated later in the season for a final decision.

Has someone with this same message contacted the admissions office about what it means and when we would be re-evaluated and what the heck later in the season means. Its already later in the season isn't it? I had this message since late August. I remember calling the office a month ago and the lady said we would be reviewed in April. But doesn't that seem like too late to get an interview. Is it just a delayed rejection?:confused::scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
rejected. good luck to everyone else.
oh man. sorry to hear that. How was your interview ?. and may I ask who was your interviewer ?. Anyway Don't give up hope. you'll get in somewhere else you like.

Last edited:
Had an interview for April 24th but just canceled it. I've decided on Jefferson. I miss Drexel already:(. Please convince me that I did the right thing. I really hope one of you gets my spot.

I feel so fortunate to have been offered this interview..it was extremely hard to let go. But, I want someone else to feel the same joy I did when I got that phone call from Jefferson. Nov 24th was the best day of my life. The only thing I don't like about Jeff is its location. Drexel was much more appealing in that regard.

Anyone with this status message pre-interview:

Thank you for your application. Your file has been reviewed and will be re-evaluated later in the season for a final decision.

Has someone with this same message contacted the admissions office about what it means and when we would be re-evaluated and what the heck later in the season means. Its already later in the season isn't it? I had this message since late August. I remember calling the office a month ago and the lady said we would be reviewed in April. But doesn't that seem like too late to get an interview. Is it just a delayed rejection?:confused::scared:

The latest I've heard of a Drexel Interview has been in May~

The latest I've heard of a Drexel Interview has been in May~
I just got an interview invite last week... they had a bunch of spots open in April, but I did not check about may... clearly they are still sending out invites though!

Had an interview for April 24th but just canceled it. I've decided on Jefferson. I miss Drexel already:(. Please convince me that I did the right thing. I really hope one of you gets my spot.

I feel so fortunate to have been offered this interview..it was extremely hard to let go. But, I want someone else to feel the same joy I did when I got that phone call from Jefferson. Nov 24th was the best day of my life. The only thing I don't like about Jeff is its location. Drexel was much more appealing in that regard.

Well, you could live out in East Falls. It'd be ridiculously inconvenient, but you'd get a little piece of the Drexel location. :D

Wow, I actually never thought of that as an option. If I really hate CC, I could always live in a suburb. Thanks!

does anyone know when the ims-ers find out about their decisions and how do they find out? will information be sent to their local philly address or to their respective states?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the office of admissions difficult to find? Any obvious landmarks to look for? I'm cabbing it from the city center for my interview tomorrow.

Is the office of admissions difficult to find? Any obvious landmarks to look for? I'm cabbing it from the city center for my interview tomorrow.

Not at all. As long as you have the directions from the website the admissions office gave you, you should be set. There is only one main building at the Queen Lane campus. Once you enter through the front doors, you will sign in at security and they will direct you where you need to go. FYI, I know this because I just had my interview yesterday.

Best of luck to you!!!:luck:

Not at all. As long as you have the directions from the website the admissions office gave you, you should be set. There is only one main building at the Queen Lane campus. Once you enter through the front doors, you will sign in at security and they will direct you where you need to go. FYI, I know this because I just had my interview yesterday.

Best of luck to you!!!:luck:

Thanks!!! :) I'm feeling that usual pre-interview excitement!!

Thanks!!! :) I'm feeling that usual pre-interview excitement!!
The admission staff are very nice and helpful. Good luck on your interview

I happened to call today to change my mailing address, and I was informed that they would mail out my admissions decision today. Eek. But my status online just reads "decision sent to applicant". Does anyone know what the process is? Would they have emailed me if I had been accepted? I hate it that these schools won't tell you a decision by phone... Thanks!

I happened to call today to change my mailing address, and I was informed that they would mail out my admissions decision today. Eek. But my status online just reads "decision sent to applicant". Does anyone know what the process is? Would they have emailed me if I had been accepted? I hate it that these schools won't tell you a decision by phone... Thanks!

I believe all decisions are sent out by mail - acceptances, waitlists, rejections. No e-mail, even if you've been accepted. It's also common for the website to say that the decision has been mailed before it really has, because they send out decisions in batches (I believe).

last interview date (according to admissions) is April 30 :xf:

Has anybody had any correspondence with the adm office as to whether there are still an ample number of spots left to be filled for us who have interviewed and waiting for decisions.

Starting to get antsy here... I interviewed in early Feb '09, and still have this on my status page...

"Your file is currently under review by a member of the admissions committee and will be sent to committee shortly"

Anyone else experiencing a long wait? This seems to be the norm for me for ALL my applications!

I feel your pain. Mine has said the same thing since October:

"Thank you for your application. Your file has been reviewed and will be re-evaluated later in the season for a final decision."

I'm really starting to lose it...

I got an acceptance letter today! I interviewed on 02/03. My status changed to "decision sent in the mail" this past Friday (well, that's when I last checked, at least) so keep your hopes up!

I got an acceptance letter today! I interviewed on 02/03. My status changed to "decision sent in the mail" this past Friday (well, that's when I last checked, at least) so keep your hopes up!
Congrats !!

Congrats on the acceptance. I'm still waiting for my status to change from my Feb. 2 interview. It's stuck on:
"Your interview has been scheduled. If you've appeared for the interview, please allow 6 - 8 weeks for a final decision. "
I've called and they just tell me to wait.

Njmed did your status finally change? My status changed to under review by a committee member. I think last Mon. Its not a decision but its movement. :smuggrin:

Njmed did your status finally change? My status changed to under review by a committee member. I think last Mon. Its not a decision but its movement. :smuggrin:
Hey man, ya it changed. Now my status also says - Your file is currently under review by a member of the admissions committee and will be sent to committee shortly. No decision has yet been made regarding your admission status to Drexel University. I was really happy when I saw that. Hoping something will happen this week.

Thanks everyone!

That's weird how long it took to receive a decision... I think it has a lot to do with how fast your interviewer turns in their report.

Good luck everyone!

I just checked my status a few minutes ago and found out that it is now also being reviewed by a committee member. Like somebody said, it must be related upon interviewer submission too.

Hopefully we will all get some news soon.:luck:

I just checked my status and I'm "under review":scared:

just called admissions...they told me that no more interview invites are going out...:cry:

hey hey

just thought i'd throw this out there in case it is helpful for anyone. the adcom meets on thursdays to decide on interviewees. please disregard this if it is old news

=)

hey motorcycleguy, i'm just trying to somewhat get an idea of how long everything takes... when did you interview?

and everyone else, can a quick response period b/t interview to decision mean anything? have both rejections and acceptances/waitlists been given out to people that had a quicker than expected response time?

hey motorcycleguy, i'm just trying to somewhat get an idea of how long everything takes... when did you interview?

and everyone else, can a quick response period b/t interview to decision mean anything? have both rejections and acceptances/waitlists been given out to people that had a quicker than expected response time?

I interviewed 3/27. I have decent (average) stats and my interview went really well. I don't know if it's positive or negative that they're looking at my app now. I think I'll at least make the waitlist.

Adcom meets today!! Sending out good juju... :luck:

great! when do statuses usually change, today or tomorrow? need to stop checking mine!

Wow, seems like once your status goes to committee all things move faster. Now my status says the letter is on the way.
Good Luck to all you guys waiting for your statuses to change it will happen
eventually. :thumbup:

How bleak of a chance it is for Drexel's waitlist?
Thanks! :eek:

Wow, seems like once your status goes to committee all things move faster. Now my status says the letter is on the way.
Good Luck to all you guys waiting for your statuses to change it will happen
eventually. :thumbup:
Good Luck sperola. Mine still says under review by member:(. When did yours change ?. I'm really worried.

Good Luck sperola. Mine still says under review by member:(. When did yours change ?. I'm really worried.

Thanks for the luck NJmed. My status was on under review until Wed then it changed to committee review and then Friday it changed to a decision has been made. Your's should be moving soon enough. perhaps this next week. Try not to worry something good is on its way.:cool:

I really wish they would email decisions.

Just checked my status:

"A final decision has been reached and a letter will be mailed to your preferred address. "

Is this good news? bad news? Do they usually sent out the rejections in snail mail form? Should I call and gauge the tone of the admins?

Just checked my status:

"A final decision has been reached and a letter will be mailed to your preferred address. "

Is this good news? bad news? Do they usually sent out the rejections in snail mail form? Should I call and gauge the tone of the admins?

All decisions are sent out by snail mail. You'll just have to wait and see what you get.

Just checked my status:

Did the status change today ?. And when was your interview ?. Always hope for the good news. Good luck

Did the status change today ?. And when was your interview ?. Always hope for the good news. Good luck

I checked it today, but maybe the status was updated some time ago and I just did not notice it. I interviewed the last week of march.

Status
Not open for further replies.