2008-2009 Drexel Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should stop your bitching and get the **** over it.

come on now, there's no reason for hostility! To the person who was rejected from Drexel, yeah, that's unfortunate, but if you've gotten into higher ranking schools there's no reason to be unhappy.

We should keep this thread civil and professional don't you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the schools that don't rank the waitlist, how do they decide who moves on the list and who doesn't? I've wondered this for a while. It isn't by chronological order, is it?

The wait list is ranked, but its not a numerical ranking (i.e. 1,2,3,4...).
Instead its more like a category (ie. High, medium, low). So if your are wait listed then you are in one of those categories, and there is absolutely no way to find out which category you are in. So just hope for the best:xf:

Question; I changed my interview date to an earlier time than previously scheduled, and after completing my interview the status online says "Per your request, your interview has been cancelled."

Is this normal or should i be concerned? thanks:laugh:

Hey,

I'm not sure if its normal but to put your mind at ease maybe you should call just to be sure everything is in order.

On another note...
For the 1/28 interview people have your statuses changed yet?
Mine is still stuck on the interview appointment. Coming up on 7 weeks.:rolleyes:

anyone know if they are still handing out interview invites or have they pretty much filled up all the remaining slots?

Hey,

I'm not sure if its normal but to put your mind at ease maybe you should call just to be sure everything is in order.

On another note...
For the 1/28 interview people have your statuses changed yet?
Mine is still stuck on the interview appointment. Coming up on 7 weeks.:rolleyes:
same message. But one of our fellow 1/28 got in and one got waitlisted already. So I don't know what to think.

Members don't see this ad :)
isnt 3/15 the day med schools have to send in a tentative class roster to aamc/amcas? pretty sure that interviews post-3/15 are for spots on the waitlist...

isnt 3/15 the day med schools have to send in a tentative class roster to aamc/amcas? pretty sure that interviews post-3/15 are for spots on the waitlist...

Apparently the date is 3/30.

Well, if it makes anyone feel better, I interviewed in early October and still have yet to receive a decision. After a few calls and emails I finally had a secretary say that my application will go to committee on Thursday 3/19. If the above is correct, then the best my October interview can get me is a waitlist spot. I don't know why and no one will tell my why this decision process has taken over five months!

What I heard was that as of 3/15 (or 3/30) medical schools are required to have admitted as many students as there are seats.

Given these statistics:

8073 applied, 1759 interviewed, 711 were accepted, 280 enrolled

I would assume that they accept more than 280 people outright before they start pulling people off the waitlist.

I interviewed mid September, 3.65 cum gpa, 33 MCAT... found out in November/December I was waitlisted.

Does anyone know when they start pulling off of the waitlist?! I'm keeping my fingers crossed over here!:xf:

to those who have been accepted: how big was the letter you got? Was it a normal envelope, or was it one of those larger ones that's as big as a normal piece of paper? I'm just curious what to look for when it comes in the mail!

My status changed to a decision has been made, a letter will be sent, on Thursday of last week, so from reading this thread it sounds like I have another week before I find anything out!!! :scared:

Good luck to everyone, I hope fourth time's the charm for me! :)

to those who have been accepted: how big was the letter you got? Was it a normal envelope, or was it one of those larger ones that's as big as a normal piece of paper? I'm just curious what to look for when it comes in the mail!

My status changed to a decision has been made, a letter will be sent, on Thursday of last week, so from reading this thread it sounds like I have another week before I find anything out!!! :scared:

Good luck to everyone, I hope fourth time's the charm for me! :)

It'll be in a big envelope :) GL :luck:

That deadline be it 3/15 or 3/30 this year is only the date by which schools need to have made enough offers of admission to fill their class--not the date by which they have to have received enough positive responses to those offers. So, no, people interviewing at later dates are not interviewing for waitlist spots only unless that is the particular way that school operates (and very few do it that way).

I interviewed 2/6, 6 weeks ago. I thought the interviews went well, but I haven't heard anything. Has anyone from that date heard? Tx!

I interviewed 2/6, 6 weeks ago. I thought the interviews went well, but I haven't heard anything. Has anyone from that date heard? Tx!

I interviewed that day too and haven't heard. What does your status say on their applicant portal? Mine still says "....under review..." so I e-mailed the Office of Admissions and they said that the applicant portal is up to date so you can find out when a decision has been made based on that. They also said that it takes 6-8 weeks to hear back and it hasn't been a full six weeks yet so to not worry. But the waiting is killing me.

Just got an interview!! Yay. Any recommendations for places to stay? Did anyone stay with a student host?

Last edited:
Thanks Ariana85!! I will need it...

how long did it take you to get your letter once a decision had been made?

About a week I think... ? It seemed like a really long time tho, lol

Congrats on the interview invite!
I stayed with a 1st year med student for my interview. She was very nice and accommodating. To set it up all you have to do is call the office and ask them to send you the list of student hosts. Then just email them all to see which ones are available during your interview.

My host picked me up from the train station, drove me to the school on my interview day, and gave plenty of inside info about the school. It's a great option.

About a week I think... ? It seemed like a really long time tho, lol

Thanks again Ariana85, I appreciate the information!

It will be one week tomorrow. I also live near Philly (about an hour away). HERE'S TO HOPING I GET A BIG LETTER!! :luck::luck::luck:

Congrats on the interview invite!
I stayed with a 1st year med student for my interview. She was very nice and accommodating. To set it up all you have to do is call the office and ask them to send you the list of student hosts. Then just email them all to see which ones are available during your interview.

My host picked me up from the train station, drove me to the school on my interview day, and gave plenty of inside info about the school. It's a great option.

Thanks for the advice, sperola! I'm excited to check out Philadelphia and Drexel and have contacted the office about a student host.

Has an "in the area" e-mailed worked for anyone at Drexel? I've sent one before, and got no response and now I have another interview at a later date. The problem is that I got the "your application has been reviewed and will be re-reviewed later in the season" message a couple of weeks ago. Has anyone gotten an interview after that?

Has an "in the area" e-mailed worked for anyone at Drexel? I've sent one before, and got no response and now I have another interview at a later date. The problem is that I got the "your application has been reviewed and will be re-reviewed later in the season" message a couple of weeks ago. Has anyone gotten an interview after that?

Yeah i'd like to know if anyone has heard anything after the reviewed and re-reviewed status. I feel like it's been way to long considering I was complete in July.

Anybody's post-interview status changed yesterday??? My status currenlty is "No decision is currently available, continue checking this website." I thought this was a pre-interview status and not post-interview. Has anybody else had this status?

Anybody's post-interview status changed yesterday??? My status currenlty is "No decision is currently available, continue checking this website." I thought this was a pre-interview status and not post-interview. Has anybody else had this status?

I've applied to Drexel many times in years past, and that seemed that message was a post interview hold. I've had that message twice now before, and it ultimately ended up as a waitlist. But you never know! Perhaps someone else has had experience with this message too?

Good luck to you!!:luck:

So I have an interview coming up in the beginning of April (which I'm a little upset about) and am trying to get a good idea of what to expect. You have an essay to complete the day of your interview, correct? Is it the same one for everyone interviewing this year?

Also, does anyone know how many acceptances they gave out last year? I know they over-accepted a couple years ago and it seems like a lot of people have been accepted so far (at least it seems on here, relative to other schools), and I'm hoping it isn't just for a waitlist...

Any other tips you guys could give would be great too. Thanks!!

I just got the final decision status. It took exactly 6 weeks. I think someone previously said that if you're really impatient they will tell you over the phone. Is there any truth to that statement?

I just got the final decision status. It took exactly 6 weeks. I think someone previously said that if you're really impatient they will tell you over the phone. Is there any truth to that statement?

They will absolutely not tell you over the phone... believe me I tried!

They will absolutely not tell you over the phone... believe me I tried!

Haha, thanks rowdy. I guess I can suck it up and wait a week to two weeks. What response did they give you when you tried asking?

Is anyone planning on attending next weekend's accepted students day? I haven't received any sort of agenda from the school (other than times) and am hoping to at least meet some of my future classmates. Hope I'm not the only one planning on going!!

Is anyone planning on attending next weekend's accepted students day? I haven't received any sort of agenda from the school (other than times) and am hoping to at least meet some of my future classmates. Hope I'm not the only one planning on going!!

i'm going... anyone else?

Haha, thanks rowdy. I guess I can suck it up and wait a week to two weeks. What response did they give you when you tried asking?

that there was no way in hell they could tell me over the phone!

There'll be plenty of people, don't worry about it. Although, 85% of the first year class won't be around because it's the first weekend of our (IFM 1) spring break. :D

They will FAX you the decision though

I'm going too

I just got wait list at Drexel. I heard that with many schools there are two types of wl letters; one with more optimistic implications, and one with a more pessimistic slant. I was wondering if this is true about Drexel. I was also wondering how long it takes to here back whether I have been accepted.

Anyone who interviewed the first week of Feb heard anything?? any status change? Mine finally changed to under review by a member last week. I just feel that this process is moving very slowly.

Hey everyone, I'll be at accepted students day too!! excited to meet you all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.