2008-2009 Emory Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Legend
SS: Secondary sent
C: Complete
II: Interview Invite
I: Interview

BeardedRunner: SS: 9/5, C: 9/9, II: ?, I: ?
ami1983: SS: 9/22, C: ?, II: ?, I: ?
trinitee22: SS:9/5, C: 9/10, II: 9/19, I: 10/13
copperfrog09: SS:9/5, C: 9/16, II: ?, I: ?
P31woman: SS:9/7, C:9/10, II:9/19, I:10/13

Members don't see this ad.

If I get rejected from Emory, I will definitely be sad. :( I likez mah grow upz townz! But good luck to the rest of you. Knock 'em dead! :D

Vihsadas, I'm sorry to hear that. Was this via e-mail, status page, or snail mail?

"If" implies hypothetical. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it just me or is Emory taking forever to mark people complete. I submitted my secondary Sept 10 and had my letters sent way way back when they sent that initial email.

Congratulations to being invited for an interview!!! Can you guys tell us what your mcat scores were?

Vihsadas, I'm sorry to hear that. Was this via e-mail, status page, or snail mail?

Yeah, it was just a hypothetical. I did, however, get rejected from emory last year so I can still answer your question. :p They don't send you any correspondance except for an interview invite until about March. That's the only time they send out rejections. :)

Is it just me or is Emory taking forever to mark people complete. I submitted my secondary Sept 10 and had my letters sent way way back when they sent that initial email.

Yes. I called, and they're apparently backed up by several weeks. :mad:

I submitted my secondary on Sept 10th, but it still says they are missing my letters of rec. My university sent them at least 3-4 weeks ago (ahead of time like the Emory pre-secondary e-mail said). Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

im in the same boat man, i think everyone is, especially those whose school uses snail mail.

Legend

droshan: SS:9/10, C:9/29, II: ?, I: ?

Legend

nikkiMD19: SS: 9/3, C: 9/4, II: ?, I: ?

I'll add myself to the list. I am applying MSTP.

Legend

nikkiMD19: SS: 9/3, C: 9/4, II: ?, I: ?
StIGMA:
(MSTP) SS: 9/18, C: 9/19, II: ?, I: ?

Has anyone heard anything back from Emory in a while?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it normally take Emory to mark you complete?

oh !yay i was complete on 9/22. hopefully i'll hear something next week. i guess they are picking up the pace :) :)

Emory received my letters on 9/12 (although I didn't get the complete e-mail for 2 weeks after that). I'm seeing that people with that date and later are beginning to get invites. I'm thinking about e-mailing them to ask them to review my file sooner, because I have an interview coming up in that part of the country and if Emory granted me an interview, it would be nice to only fly out there once.
Has this worked for anyone at this particular school?

crap. my letters were sent on the 10th of september, arrived the 17th, i submitted on the 19th and my status page says that they STILL havent been received. anyone else have this problem?

I love this school...interview day was great, long, but great!

crap. my letters were sent on the 10th of september, arrived the 17th, i submitted on the 19th and my status page says that they STILL havent been received. anyone else have this problem?

yes, although i submitted on 9/22 and my letters arrived august 5th.

Last edited:

I called yesterday, and they said they are working on putting in letters that arrived in mid september... Mine did not arrive until late september/ early october...:(

Also was complete 9/19, got an invite on Monday. They're moving along now :)

hey copperfrog09 thanks for the info, and congrats!!
mine was complete on 9/29, so hopefully i'll hear something soon.
i'm crossing my fingers! :luck: to me!

Alright finally complete here. It took a while for my picture to show up through snail mail. haha. Has anyone gotten interview lately?

when did you submit?

I submnitted September 11th, but didn't have a digital copy and they ended up being about a month behind in their mail. So it says my photo was received on October 8th and that I was marked complete yesterday.

i'm not positive about exact dates/time, but it took them a long time to mark me as complete. specifically, they did not enter my lors for a month or so even though my school sent them out online in a timely manner. i haven't heard from them since being marked complete.

i submitted over a month ago and my letters were sent snail mail 9/10. still nothing. should i have my letters resent?

I e-mailed them a 5 days ago asking to examine my file faster, because I'll be in the area less than two weeks from today. I haven't gotten a response. Is it too early to call? And IF I do get an invite from Emory, what is the scheduling like and what dates are they offering to those of you that just got interview invites?

After weeks of trying to get in touch with someone in the admissions office, this morning, I finally did! The woman who answered said they were about a month behind in downloading LORs, so basically they are taking more than a month to mark people as complete. Hope this helps!

And IF I do get an invite from Emory, what is the scheduling like and what dates are they offering to those of you that just got interview invites?

They just give you a date in the e-mail inviting you to interview. I'm sure you could change it if you had to, but I don't know how flexible they are. I got the invite about a week ago and my interview is on November 7th. Hope that helps!

I e-mailed them a 5 days ago asking to examine my file faster, because I'll be in the area less than two weeks from today. I haven't gotten a response. Is it too early to call? And IF I do get an invite from Emory, what is the scheduling like and what dates are they offering to those of you that just got interview invites?

I know they only interview on Mondays and Fridays.

I know they only interview on Mondays and Fridays.

That can't be true because I got an email for an interview on a Wednesday... now just have to get in touch with them to change the date.

I love this school...interview day was great, long, but great!

I agree!!!!! I absolutely fell IN LOVE with this school. Great location, genuinely enthusiastic students, really cool admissions office staff (true story). The facilities as well as the tour of Grady was amazing.

I'd also never been to the area before, but Atlanta is really an underrated city. I loved it. :thumbup:

Definitely before their 1st mail out date, but one of the deans called me after the admissions meeting to congratulate me and tell me to look out for my packet next week! So excited!!! This would suck if it was a joke....because this is definitely @ the top of my list!!!!!

Good luck to you all of you who want to go to Emory!!!

Definitely before their 1st mail out date, but one of the deans called me after the admissions meeting to congratulate me and tell me to look out for my packet next week! So excited!!! This would suck if it was a joke....because this is definitely @ the top of my list!!!!!

Good luck to you all of you who want to go to Emory!!!

Congrats!!! I'm heading out in a few weeks and I've been researching the school and am REALLY excited :):)

Did anyone who interviewed apply to the MD/MPH program?

They do not have my friggen letters yet! AAAAugh!!!!!!!!
:mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad:

when did you send them? i'm going on almost 3 months and they're still not marked as received... ugh

Oh, its is just one month for me. You should call them.

Oh, its is just one month for me. You should call them.

i've tried, couldn't get through and didn't feel confident leaving a voicemail would do me any good. i've emailed 2x already... maybe i'll try again today

Hey guys! Just got an interview invite!! I've got my fingers crossed for everyone else waiting to hear!

i've tried, couldn't get through and didn't feel confident leaving a voicemail would do me any good. i've emailed 2x already... maybe i'll try again today

so i called, they said they didn't have them from interfolio (????) so i have to resend them. great.

I got an interview invite! I was complete on 9/4 so have patience people, they'll get to you. Good luck to everyone waiting for news :luck:

Congrats!!! I'm heading out in a few weeks and I've been researching the school and am REALLY excited :):)

Did anyone who interviewed apply to the MD/MPH program?

I didn't apply MD/MPH but I hear it's a very simple process once you're into the med school...I'm highly considering this option

Enjoy your visit!!!!

heyy, question for girls...

how long is the interview? (like time-wise). i'm reading the interview invite with the extensive recommendation to bring tennis shoes for the tour... i'd really much rather wear my heels, although my feet do hate me when i wear them. is the tour manageable in heels?

Emory, why are you so slow? (They still do not have my letters input into the system yet!)

Status
Not open for further replies.