2008-2009 NYU Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"Don't you put that evil on my ricky bobby!"



....all I need is an assigned time to start checking email incessantly throughout the day.

ha ha my favorite one liner.

I will be in class all day on Monday. I will ask my gf to obsessively check my e-mail. I will be obsessively checking for text message from my gf.
 
ha ha my favorite one liner.

I will be in class all day on Monday. I will ask my gf to obsessively check my e-mail. I will be obsessively checking for text message from my gf.

When you get in, you need to stand up in lecture, scream "F*CK yeah, throw your notes in the air, and just walk out mid lecture.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apparently, the day that acceptance emails are sent (3/2), the status pages will all be updated to reflect the final application statuses.

In other words, those that do not receive an email of acceptance will not have to wait for snail-mail to arrive to determine whether rejected or waitlisted. The NYU status page will provide that information!

I am so excited for this NYU waiting period to be OVER!

Good luck everyone!
 
Oh man, let's not dream of that yet.

So I'm getting anxious and forgetful. So come this Monday (and the following couple of days), we'll all be expecting things in our mailboxes (accepted, rejected, waitlisted)? Or emails? (And yes, possible status updates)?
 
I THINK:

Monday 3/2:
Acceptance Notification ---> Email
Waitlist/Rejection ---------> Status page


Then, BOTH notifications will be coming our way snail mail fashion as well.
 
I THINK:

Monday 3/2:
Acceptance Notification ---> Email
Waitlist/Rejection ---------> Status page


Then, BOTH notifications will be coming our way snail mail fashion as well.
yupp acceptances via email (at least they were in dec)...
good luck guys!! I cant wait until the nyu class of 2013 group in the allo class threads gets more action.. its really lonely there
 
So, I know I may be getting ahead of myself since I haven't yet received a final decision (that's what Monday's for), but if I were to end up on the waitlist, to whom can I send a letter of interest/intent? What's the Dean's name? Email? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
 
yupp acceptances via email (at least they were in dec)...
good luck guys!! I cant wait until the nyu class of 2013 group in the allo class threads gets more action.. its really lonely there

Did your status page change?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I know I may be getting ahead of myself since I haven't yet received a final decision (that's what Monday's for), but if I were to end up on the waitlist, to whom can I send a letter of interest/intent? What's the Dean's name? Email? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The names of the Associate dean and Assistant dean are in your folder. Also, I would send it to my interviewer. My inteviewer was cool. He replied to all of my e-mails right away. Hope all of us get to e-mail thank you for accepting letter on Monday.

FutureDoc - I sent to you the contact names+e-mails - check your pm inbox
 
Last edited:
Wow..considering that it's the day before we find out the big news, it's been been awfully quiet in here!
 
OHH... shieet. anyone know when the emails are coming out? Morning or afternoon?
 
It'll definitely make my day if I woke up to an acceptance... I also have a midterm tmr, so this would also keep my morale high!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Reeeejected.

Lol, okay, I need to find something new to do with my life. Medicine ain't working out.
 
Yep waitlisted also. But consolation is that I hear they get a lot of waitlist movement...
 
I'm sure the letter we receive in the mail sometime this week will explain ALL about it... lol
 
this is my second waitlist in the last 5 hours. kind of annoying when that happens, they all gang up on ya like that. but its all good.
 
My status page still says "Final Decision Pending" without the "All decisions will be sent on March 2nd" message that used to follow
 
Well, weve only heard rejections and waitlists so far..... so maybe they want to suprise you with an acceptance email in the morning?
😀 may be. Either way I'm in trouble because I did not meet the March 1st fafsa deadline. 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.