2008-2009 NYU Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wl : /

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is for you:luck:.

As for everyone else...:(

Thanks Anotherface. Good luck to you also! I think I'll be retiring for the night. It's almost 2am on the east coast and I have class tomorrow. Hopefully there will be good news in the morning!

Waitlisted - Status Page.
When do they start accepting people off the waitlist ? Just curious.
Little disappointed but happy to be WL than rejected ;)
I really wanted to go back for second look. Oh well.

whats the link to the status page??? anyone know

Waitlisted...

I'm amazed how many people have gotten w/l so far

wl just like everyone else...

again anyone know the link to the status page?

Members don't see this ad :)
wow.. this is weird that only wl and rejection are up... does that mean everyone else is accepted who still has final decision pending??

From 2008 waitlist movement thread, it looks like the acceptances started coming in May.

NYU: Robu511 (w/l:3/1 A: 5/13), Tporter (wl: 3/5, A: 5/13, Wd: 5/14) Thejonqproject ( Wl : 3/5 A: 5/15 ), Kocb (wl: 3/5, A: 5/15), Steelers01 (a: 5/13), Inkare (a: 5/20), Juelz721 (a: 6/2 Via Email), Nurhopsi (a: 6/17 Via Email), Jelly476 (a; 6/17 Via Email), Qwerty5430 (wl: 3/1 A: 6/25), Dushuodai (wl: 3/1 A: 7/9 Via Email) MarySue99 (A: 7/21), KTLION24 (A: 7/22), blueducksrock (A: 8/5 via phone)

I am going to hold on to the WL even though I have other acceptaces. For some strange reason NYU felt like the right fit for me.

What are your thoughts ?

ACCEPTED!!!! Email came at 7:07am. Good luck to you guys!

Waitlisted as well. I thought NYU accepted over 50% of their interviews, but it seems like almost everyone in here is either waitlisted/rejected, with a few acceptances. Do they accept most of their class off of the waitlist or something?

Also does anyone know how much of their class they're accepting right now, waitlisting, and rejecting?

Waitlisted as well. I thought NYU accepted over 50% of their interviews, but it seems like almost everyone in here is either waitlisted/rejected, with a few acceptances. Do they accept most of their class off of the waitlist or something?

I think the 50% accept figure is after acceptances are offered from the waitlist (not just the initial round).

accepted! via e-mail today

From 2008 waitlist movement thread, it looks like the acceptances started coming in May.

NYU: Robu511 (w/l:3/1 A: 5/13), Tporter (wl: 3/5, A: 5/13, Wd: 5/14) Thejonqproject ( Wl : 3/5 A: 5/15 ), Kocb (wl: 3/5, A: 5/15), Steelers01 (a: 5/13), Inkare (a: 5/20), Juelz721 (a: 6/2 Via Email), Nurhopsi (a: 6/17 Via Email), Jelly476 (a; 6/17 Via Email), Qwerty5430 (wl: 3/1 A: 6/25), Dushuodai (wl: 3/1 A: 7/9 Via Email) MarySue99 (A: 7/21), KTLION24 (A: 7/22), blueducksrock (A: 8/5 via phone)

I am going to hold on to the WL even though I have other acceptaces. For some strange reason NYU felt like the right fit for me.

What are your thoughts ?

Is it true that we only have 3 weeks to make a final decision if we are accepted after may 15? For those who were accepted on 5/13, did they only have two days??

wl. looks like this is a really big waitlist...

Wl here too.

Perhaps they are wait listing every one to cut down their number of acceptances offered. From people I have talked to and their admissions staff, they don't want to accept a lot of people who will just up and leave to go elsewhere, i believe that affects their ranking. Perhaps that is why so few are accepted and then they hope some will withdraw and then offer admissions slowly to those wait listed to fill the class.

But anyways, it seems like with all these wait lists, there is no way they are filling the entire class right now.

Yeah, that's probably right. Good luck to all! I'm sure there will be LOT of movement this year since there are so few acceptances!

Waitlisted. Does anyone know any details about the waitlist?

that really stinks that they are doing that. while it may be true that they want to increase their ranking, for applicants like me with no acceptances yet and running out of hope at this point, this is kind of crushing news :-/ i really liked nyu too...

ACCEPTED!!! Just got the email this morning, its 8 am here in california, so this was a nice early morning surprise. Good luck to the rest of you.

wow.. this is weird that only wl and rejection are up... does that mean everyone else is accepted who still has final decision pending??
Accepted! Got the email at about 7am at which time the status page also changed.

Last edited:
oh dear waitlist, so familiar, but so unwelcome

edit: Not sure what I was expecting given that I interviewed the last week, but I still thought it went really well, guess we'll see what happens in may, congrats to all of those who were accepted!

Last edited:
Joining the WL masses.

Don't you just hate it when your interviewer says "I think you're a great fit for our school and we would be lucky to have you in our class."

And then you don't get in. :laugh:
Now to decide whether to stay on the list or not ...

Waitlisted too... IONNNNNO; why are they doing this to so many of us?

Any Canadians gotten the acceptance this time around?

Ghey

Accepted! Got the email at about 7am at which time the status page also changed.

Congratz! Can you post your stats? It would be great to know where all of us lowly mortals stand in the waitlist line...

I am also joining the wait list train. I am getting a lot of practice at it! Is there any way to find out where we stand on the list?

Congratz! Can you post your stats? It would be great to know where all of us lowly mortals stand in the waitlist line...
~3.85 cGPA and sGPA
36 MCAT

Last edited:
Does anyone know if we'll be getting our official WL letter in the mail for our permanent address or preferred? If it's permanent, can anyone post up the main points of the letter? Hopefully it mentions something about degree of expected of waitlist movt, when we might hear back again (in their words), if it's ranked or not, etc... Argh, more waiting I guess! But I definitely appreciate this more than a rejection.

Congrats to those accepted. Anyone know when the second look weekend information is sent out?

my letter came in the mail to my permanent address. my mother called to let me know it was there. if anyone has any possible waitlist stats, that would be sweet. i want to get in badly!

Quiet today! Has everyone wlisted given up and gone into a downward spiral of depression? Or are we all furiously composing our nyu love letters?

Quiet today! Has everyone wlisted given up and gone into a downward spiral of depression? Or are we all furiously composing our nyu love letters?

No depression here. It is not worth worrying about it since it is not going to have any impact on decision.

Love letter - thinking about it. I feel that if I am not their first choice then they are not my first choice even though I thought it was a perfect match ;).

From last years waitlist thread it looked like WL movement started in early May. Does anyone know if it starts earlier than that. I would definetely like to go to the second look days.

Does anyone know if there is a scheduled second look day? And if so, when is it?

Yeah, I'm hoping that it is before May and that with their new approach to filling up their class this year, they are not actually full yet and that there will be a bigger wl movt compared to last year... One can hope

Yeah, I'm hoping that it is before May and that with their new approach to filling up their class this year, they are not actually full yet and that there will be a bigger wl movt compared to last year... One can hope

Agreed... At least I hope so. NYU is by far my top choice, and I am dying to go there. Has anyone called to get more information?

Also, I sent them a LOIntent last week (mid-week) so I don't think it had much impact on my admissions decision. Should I re-send that by snail mail to make sure they get it, and then write another one in a month? Or anyone have any suggestions on a good timeline for writing another LOI. Also, I basically spelled out every reason why I loved them in the first one, do I just come up with more reasons in the second or reiterate the originals? I guess it's both, but how do I come up with more??? I gave them so many in the first!

THANKS! I truly hope that not only I get in, but all of you who consider NYU your top choice get in too!

Congrats to the ones of you who did, and hopefully I'll be joining your class come August!

Also does anyone know how to go about changing our mailing address with them? I want to keep my permanent address the same but I don't want all my waitlist information to be sent to my parents, and then they have to forward it to me, I'd rather just have it all sent to me initially.

Last edited:
Do they rank their waitlist? Anyone want to call and find out?

- you have such outstanding record .. but have placed you in WL :D
- inform in writing in the next 2 weeks that you want us to keep you in the WL
- no guarantee of acceptance
- we review regularly and can let you know immediately if we decide to accept you
- list is maintained till August 24th

signed by Nancy Genieser

OK guys start your love letters ;)

second look is tentatively scheduled for april 24 :) according to a med student: check out the nyu class of 2013 thread in allo class threads

Status
Not open for further replies.