You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 NYU Secondary Application Thread
Started by ButImLETired
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Wait, so do we know that a lack of change on the status page does means we got accepted?[/QUOTE
I don't know. Sure do hope so!
This is for youI don't know. Sure do hope so!
.As for everyone else...🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is for you.
As for everyone else...🙁
Thanks Anotherface. Good luck to you also! I think I'll be retiring for the night. It's almost 2am on the east coast and I have class tomorrow. Hopefully there will be good news in the morning!
... Wl 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From 2008 waitlist movement thread, it looks like the acceptances started coming in May.
NYU: Robu511 (w/l:3/1 A: 5/13), Tporter (wl: 3/5, A: 5/13, Wd: 5/14) Thejonqproject ( Wl : 3/5 A: 5/15 ), Kocb (wl: 3/5, A: 5/15), Steelers01 (a: 5/13), Inkare (a: 5/20), Juelz721 (a: 6/2 Via Email), Nurhopsi (a: 6/17 Via Email), Jelly476 (a; 6/17 Via Email), Qwerty5430 (wl: 3/1 A: 6/25), Dushuodai (wl: 3/1 A: 7/9 Via Email) MarySue99 (A: 7/21), KTLION24 (A: 7/22), blueducksrock (A: 8/5 via phone)
I am going to hold on to the WL even though I have other acceptaces. For some strange reason NYU felt like the right fit for me.
What are your thoughts ?
NYU: Robu511 (w/l:3/1 A: 5/13), Tporter (wl: 3/5, A: 5/13, Wd: 5/14) Thejonqproject ( Wl : 3/5 A: 5/15 ), Kocb (wl: 3/5, A: 5/15), Steelers01 (a: 5/13), Inkare (a: 5/20), Juelz721 (a: 6/2 Via Email), Nurhopsi (a: 6/17 Via Email), Jelly476 (a; 6/17 Via Email), Qwerty5430 (wl: 3/1 A: 6/25), Dushuodai (wl: 3/1 A: 7/9 Via Email) MarySue99 (A: 7/21), KTLION24 (A: 7/22), blueducksrock (A: 8/5 via phone)
I am going to hold on to the WL even though I have other acceptaces. For some strange reason NYU felt like the right fit for me.
What are your thoughts ?
ACCEPTED!!!! Email came at 7:07am. Good luck to you guys!
Waitlisted as well. I thought NYU accepted over 50% of their interviews, but it seems like almost everyone in here is either waitlisted/rejected, with a few acceptances. Do they accept most of their class off of the waitlist or something?
I think the 50% accept figure is after acceptances are offered from the waitlist (not just the initial round).
From 2008 waitlist movement thread, it looks like the acceptances started coming in May.
NYU: Robu511 (w/l:3/1 A: 5/13), Tporter (wl: 3/5, A: 5/13, Wd: 5/14) Thejonqproject ( Wl : 3/5 A: 5/15 ), Kocb (wl: 3/5, A: 5/15), Steelers01 (a: 5/13), Inkare (a: 5/20), Juelz721 (a: 6/2 Via Email), Nurhopsi (a: 6/17 Via Email), Jelly476 (a; 6/17 Via Email), Qwerty5430 (wl: 3/1 A: 6/25), Dushuodai (wl: 3/1 A: 7/9 Via Email) MarySue99 (A: 7/21), KTLION24 (A: 7/22), blueducksrock (A: 8/5 via phone)
I am going to hold on to the WL even though I have other acceptaces. For some strange reason NYU felt like the right fit for me.
What are your thoughts ?
Is it true that we only have 3 weeks to make a final decision if we are accepted after may 15? For those who were accepted on 5/13, did they only have two days??
Wl here too.
Perhaps they are wait listing every one to cut down their number of acceptances offered. From people I have talked to and their admissions staff, they don't want to accept a lot of people who will just up and leave to go elsewhere, i believe that affects their ranking. Perhaps that is why so few are accepted and then they hope some will withdraw and then offer admissions slowly to those wait listed to fill the class.
But anyways, it seems like with all these wait lists, there is no way they are filling the entire class right now.
Perhaps they are wait listing every one to cut down their number of acceptances offered. From people I have talked to and their admissions staff, they don't want to accept a lot of people who will just up and leave to go elsewhere, i believe that affects their ranking. Perhaps that is why so few are accepted and then they hope some will withdraw and then offer admissions slowly to those wait listed to fill the class.
But anyways, it seems like with all these wait lists, there is no way they are filling the entire class right now.
Waitlisted. Does anyone know any details about the waitlist?
that really stinks that they are doing that. while it may be true that they want to increase their ranking, for applicants like me with no acceptances yet and running out of hope at this point, this is kind of crushing news :-/ i really liked nyu too...
Accepted! Got the email at about 7am at which time the status page also changed.wow.. this is weird that only wl and rejection are up... does that mean everyone else is accepted who still has final decision pending??
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oh dear waitlist, so familiar, but so unwelcome
edit: Not sure what I was expecting given that I interviewed the last week, but I still thought it went really well, guess we'll see what happens in may, congrats to all of those who were accepted!
edit: Not sure what I was expecting given that I interviewed the last week, but I still thought it went really well, guess we'll see what happens in may, congrats to all of those who were accepted!
Last edited:
Joining the WL masses.
Don't you just hate it when your interviewer says "I think you're a great fit for our school and we would be lucky to have you in our class."
And then you don't get in.
Now to decide whether to stay on the list or not ...
Don't you just hate it when your interviewer says "I think you're a great fit for our school and we would be lucky to have you in our class."
And then you don't get in.

Now to decide whether to stay on the list or not ...
Accepted! Got the email at about 7am at which time the status page also changed.
Congratz! Can you post your stats? It would be great to know where all of us lowly mortals stand in the waitlist line...
~3.85 cGPA and sGPACongratz! Can you post your stats? It would be great to know where all of us lowly mortals stand in the waitlist line...
36 MCAT
Last edited:
3.95 sGPA/cGPA, 34 MCAT
Does anyone know if we'll be getting our official WL letter in the mail for our permanent address or preferred? If it's permanent, can anyone post up the main points of the letter? Hopefully it mentions something about degree of expected of waitlist movt, when we might hear back again (in their words), if it's ranked or not, etc... Argh, more waiting I guess! But I definitely appreciate this more than a rejection.
Quiet today! Has everyone wlisted given up and gone into a downward spiral of depression? Or are we all furiously composing our nyu love letters?
No depression here. It is not worth worrying about it since it is not going to have any impact on decision.
Love letter - thinking about it. I feel that if I am not their first choice then they are not my first choice even though I thought it was a perfect match 😉.
From last years waitlist thread it looked like WL movement started in early May. Does anyone know if it starts earlier than that. I would definetely like to go to the second look days.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I'm hoping that it is before May and that with their new approach to filling up their class this year, they are not actually full yet and that there will be a bigger wl movt compared to last year... One can hope
Yeah, I'm hoping that it is before May and that with their new approach to filling up their class this year, they are not actually full yet and that there will be a bigger wl movt compared to last year... One can hope
Agreed... At least I hope so. NYU is by far my top choice, and I am dying to go there. Has anyone called to get more information?
Also, I sent them a LOIntent last week (mid-week) so I don't think it had much impact on my admissions decision. Should I re-send that by snail mail to make sure they get it, and then write another one in a month? Or anyone have any suggestions on a good timeline for writing another LOI. Also, I basically spelled out every reason why I loved them in the first one, do I just come up with more reasons in the second or reiterate the originals? I guess it's both, but how do I come up with more??? I gave them so many in the first!
THANKS! I truly hope that not only I get in, but all of you who consider NYU your top choice get in too!
Congrats to the ones of you who did, and hopefully I'll be joining your class come August!
Also does anyone know how to go about changing our mailing address with them? I want to keep my permanent address the same but I don't want all my waitlist information to be sent to my parents, and then they have to forward it to me, I'd rather just have it all sent to me initially.
Last edited:
- you have such outstanding record .. but have placed you in WL 😀
- inform in writing in the next 2 weeks that you want us to keep you in the WL
- no guarantee of acceptance
- we review regularly and can let you know immediately if we decide to accept you
- list is maintained till August 24th
signed by Nancy Genieser
OK guys start your love letters 😉
- inform in writing in the next 2 weeks that you want us to keep you in the WL
- no guarantee of acceptance
- we review regularly and can let you know immediately if we decide to accept you
- list is maintained till August 24th
signed by Nancy Genieser
OK guys start your love letters 😉
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K