You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Vanderbilt Secondary Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
sorry. like I said, bearer of bad news. it does say they will be reconsidering files throughout the admissions season.
gotta figure out wtf to do to get off this waitlist now.
gotta figure out wtf to do to get off this waitlist now.
don't worry! it requires stress and work, but you'll get off the waitlist! 🙂sorry. like I said, bearer of bad news. it does say they will be reconsidering files throughout the admissions season.
gotta figure out wtf to do to get off this waitlist now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yuphas anyone else gotten a letter? Anyone gotten accepted that wasn't called? I guess all of us who weren't called are waitlisted/rejected...
received my letter for interview and so stoked! however I am really stuck on this autobiographical sketch. is it literally about my life? anyone shed some light please!
much appreciated and congrats to everyone with interviews and acceptances
much appreciated and congrats to everyone with interviews and acceptances
received my letter for interview and so stoked! however I am really stuck on this autobiographical sketch. is it literally about my life? anyone shed some light please!
much appreciated and congrats to everyone with interviews and acceptances
What I did, was I wrote a 10 page autobiography of everything that happened to me, medical or not, because it made the most sense for me, this way. Then I just cut out the irrelevant stuff, and added what I have learnt, and so on, tailored it to the prompt, and cut down to 1200 words. It was actually one of my favorite secondaries, cuz I really enjoyed writing my autobiography...
Good luck, and the school is awesome! By the way, finish it quickly so you can interview quickly, so you can get accepted quickly!😀
has anyone else gotten a letter? Anyone gotten accepted that wasn't called? I guess all of us who weren't called are waitlisted/rejected...
Tweety, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Hehe I'm 99.9% sure I've been waitlisted. I'll let you know tomorrow if it's official 🙁Tweety, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Hey all, I just got into Vanderbilt as well! Got the letter in the mail a little while ago. (Wish I had gotten the phone call like you other guys!) Still in shock right now. I'm seriously considering going. Vandy grads match into top residencies like crazy. The first year is pass/fail. The students are the happiest in the country. What's not to like? Financial aid is really my only consideration. I'd like to get out of med school with as little debt as possible.
Don't lose hope yet, as evidenced by this Vandy acceptee from a couple yrs ago...[Vandy Class of 2011 Thread, posted on 10/21/06]
Last edited:
Don't do that! Now I'm going to be sad all over again if I get waitlisted.Don't lose hope yet, as evidenced by this Vandy acceptee from a couple yrs ago...[Vandy Class of 2011 Thread, posted on 10/21/06]
i didn't get the mail yet...but I'll post here as soon as I hear anything.any news? I didnt get anything in the mail..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
there's still hope.Hey guys!
I haven't been contacted to fill out the supplemental yet. Is there still hope, or should I set my sights somewhere else?
Thanks!
Waitlisted. Oh well, it was expected. I don't feel too bad. Yet. Maybe I'm in the phase before it hits me? 😕
did you get it in the mail? or did you call?
So I haven't gotten a phone call or anything in the mail to tell me my status.
However, I was emailed by Lindsay in the admissions office earlier this afternoon asking me for a photo. Did anyone else get this email and what is your admissions status?
However, I was emailed by Lindsay in the admissions office earlier this afternoon asking me for a photo. Did anyone else get this email and what is your admissions status?
did you not uplaod it with your secondary?So I haven't gotten a phone call or anything in the mail to tell me my status.
However, I was emailed by Lindsay in the admissions office earlier this afternoon asking me for a photo. Did anyone else get this email and what is your admissions status?
they probably are going to discuss your file but need your photo to jog their memory a little.
yeah...i agree. They're still reviewing your file! (it's a good sign!)did you not uplaod it with your secondary?
they probably are going to discuss your file but need your photo to jog their memory a little.
did you not uplaod it with your secondary?
they probably are going to discuss your file but need your photo to jog their memory a little.
Yeah it's not a bad thing... it's means they haven't rejected me.
They didn't ask for a photo with the secondary. I would have uploaded it if they had asked for one since I have my interview one on my computer.
I was just wondering if anyone else, maybe people accepted, had gotten this same email from Lindsay.
I got this email too. This is really frustrating..the upload site was on the status page (not the checklist page) so I never checked it since I already had the interview invite.
It doesn't mean they're still reviewing our files, it means they haven't started! (they wouldn't email us if they had made a decision) so it means waiting for another potential 6 weeks...
It doesn't mean they're still reviewing our files, it means they haven't started! (they wouldn't email us if they had made a decision) so it means waiting for another potential 6 weeks...
I got this email too. This is really frustrating..the upload site was on the status page (not the checklist page) so I never checked it since I already had the interview invite.
It doesn't mean they're still reviewing our files, it means they haven't started! (they wouldn't email us if they had made a decision) so it means waiting for another potential 6 weeks...
UGH!!!! That's really annoying. I need to find my vanderbilt password then, or I'll call tomorrow to find it out.
did you ask lindsey about the status of our applications? (ie if they are being reviewed soon and if we can still expect decision letters soon or if we have to wait for a long time?) I called her after getting the email, but Lisa didn't know and Lindsey had left for the day..
EDIT: oh, i guess you didn't ask her..sorry, didn't see your post.
EDIT: oh, i guess you didn't ask her..sorry, didn't see your post.
And I'm waitlisted! Big surprise there 😛 Not too upset...probably because I knew it was coming.
It was early sept...I don't remember the exact day. Like sept 10ish.When was your interview jgberken?
And I'm waitlisted! Big surprise there 😛 Not too upset...probably because I knew it was coming.
Aww...there's still hope berk! Just keep pestering them with updates and LOI.
I still haven't gotten a letter yet, so I don't know what to think. I did forget to upload a picture for a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping that's delaying my decision.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the 10th was a Wednesday, so that couldn't have been it.It was early sept...I don't remember the exact day. Like sept 10ish.
if it was the 11th, we were there on the same day...
haha no, I think it was...8th? Maybe 9th?the 10th was a Wednesday, so that couldn't have been it.
if it was the 11th, we were there on the same day...
I've seen your pic...you weren't there. I was there with serikk.
Aww...there's still hope berk! Just keep pestering them with updates and LOI.
I still haven't gotten a letter yet, so I don't know what to think. I did forget to upload a picture for a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping that's delaying my decision.
My roommate was reviewed and put on hold without a photo. So I don't think that really delays anything, and her interview was 2 weeks after mine. If they delayed me because of not having a photo that would be really really annoying and GRRR would be my response.
I have my theories about why they are currently asking for my photo... I may have high hopes, but I'll find out when I call.
Have any accepted people gotten the mailed stuff yet? So far only people waitlisted and on hold have gotten letters.
what's the difference between on hold and waitlist (if there is a difference)...
I assumed mine was a waitlist although those words were never used.
I assumed mine was a waitlist although those words were never used.
hold makes it sound like they haven't made a decision yet, whereas waitlist means they've decided you're good enough for admission, just not an outright acceptance
ohh then I'm waitlisted.hold makes it sound like they haven't made a decision yet, whereas waitlist means they've decided you're good enough for admission, just not an outright acceptance
ohh then I'm waitlisted.
Really? How do you tell? I can't tell anything from my letter; verbal was my weakest section on the MCAT.
they sent you a decision, right? it says they took note of your strengths, and they can't make an immediate invitation. that's a waitlist.Really? How do you tell? I can't tell anything from my letter; verbal was my weakest section on the MCAT.
if you were on hold, they wouldn't have sent you anything, because they wouldn't have looked at your file yet.
haha what did your letter say? They should be more clear about this!Really? How do you tell? I can't tell anything from my letter; verbal was my weakest section on the MCAT.
they sent you a decision, right? it says they took note of your strengths, and they can't make an immediate invitation. that's a waitlist.
if you were on hold, they wouldn't have sent you anything, because they wouldn't have looked at your file yet.
Yes, that's the letter I got, but it didn't say anything about me being good enough for admission...wouldn't that make it a hold, since they're just telling us that they'll reconsider our application later? A waitlist wouldn't include the word "reconsider" in it if they already considered me good enough 🙁
Have any accepted people gotten the mailed stuff yet? So far only people waitlisted and on hold have gotten letters.
Nothing here, but my vicious, sadistic mailman has the "charming" habit of just not giving me ANY mail when I'm waiting for something. So no mail today.
your file was reviewed and you weren't rejected. that means you're good enough for admission, and you're on a waitlist.Yes, that's the letter I got, but it didn't say anything about me being good enough for admission...wouldn't that make it a hold, since they're just telling us that they'll reconsider our application later? A waitlist wouldn't include the word "reconsider" in it if they already considered me good enough 🙁
Nothing here, but my vicious, sadistic mailman has the "charming" habit of just not giving me ANY mail when I'm waiting for something. So no mail today.
Thanks LET... although I'm beginning to think more and more that maybe they just decided they weren't going to look at my app without a photo.
your file was reviewed and you weren't rejected. that means you're good enough for admission, and you're on a waitlist.
Oh, they actually already started rejecting people post-inteview? News to me. 😱
My roommate was reviewed and put on hold without a photo. So I don't think that really delays anything, and her interview was 2 weeks after mine. If they delayed me because of not having a photo that would be really really annoying and GRRR would be my response.
I have my theories about why they are currently asking for my photo... I may have high hopes, but I'll find out when I call.
Have any accepted people gotten the mailed stuff yet? So far only people waitlisted and on hold have gotten letters.
Got the acceptance letter yesterday! 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats Hershey! When was your interview if you don't mind me asking.
I'll save you the effort.
10/15:
got vandy call!!! am on cloud nine!!!
![]()
10/21:Thanks! I interviewed third week of August on one of the first interview dates. They told us at the info session that we'd hear by the end of this week.
Got the acceptance letter yesterday! 😛
So to everyone that has not been reviewed yet... make sure you have your photo submitted.
I didn't realize they wanted one until yesterday when I got an email asking for a photo. This has delayed them reviewing me by at least 6 weeks since I interviewed Late August. Which is more annoying than anything... my file has been sitting there, sad and lonely, untouched until I am finally complete today for something I didn't even know I needed.
Now I have 6-8 weeks of waiting for them to review my application.
I didn't realize they wanted one until yesterday when I got an email asking for a photo. This has delayed them reviewing me by at least 6 weeks since I interviewed Late August. Which is more annoying than anything... my file has been sitting there, sad and lonely, untouched until I am finally complete today for something I didn't even know I needed.
Now I have 6-8 weeks of waiting for them to review my application.
Did they tell you, for sure, that you havent been reviewed? That sucks.So to everyone that has not been reviewed yet... make sure you have your photo submitted.
I didn't realize they wanted one until yesterday when I got an email asking for a photo. This has delayed them reviewing me by at least 6 weeks since I interviewed Late August. Which is more annoying than anything... my file has been sitting there, sad and lonely, untouched until I am finally complete today for something I didn't even know I needed.
Now I have 6-8 weeks of waiting for them to review my application.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K