You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Vanderbilt Secondary Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I also have a flight at 6...we really should go to sleep. Hopefully, this isn't as bad as we think 🙁
im rootin for you berk!
Ugh... this isn't looking good.
I guess I can't do anything now. I'll just give Judy a ring tomorrow in my layover...
I guess I can't do anything now. I'll just give Judy a ring tomorrow in my layover...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You just, like a couple mins ago, got the call? I just want to know if this is worth staying up for 😛woohoo! got the good news a little while ago! it was a fairly brief chat, but it'll definitely take a while for dean zic to personally call everyone.to those still waiting!
You just, like a couple mins ago, got the call? I just want to know if this is worth staying up for 😛
about 15 minutes ago now? it's a fairly personalized chat (or at least he made it feel that way), so it could easily take him at least 5 minutes per person
Thanks for letting me know! I guess I'll watch tv for 20 mins...then I give up 🙁about 15 minutes ago now? it's a fairly personalized chat (or at least he made it feel that way), so it could easily take him at least 5 minutes per person
Thanks Dulcina!!!im rootin for you berk!
Tell serikk congrats!!!Just spoke to Serikk and it looks like he's gotten the call. I think they went a bit randomly, judging from the dates they called today, it definitely doesn't seem to have been in a totally chronological order.to all!!!
I interviewed on 9/23, and they specifically told us that we would not hear on October 15th. They said to expect to wait at least 6 weeks (this was from Pat Sagen). So there is still hope for us September interviewees.
well, this sucks.
congrats to everyone who got in.
congrats to everyone who got in.
even if you're waitlisted, you'll still be reviewed every month. basically there's now just outright acceptance, outright rejection, and continue to be considered monthly.If I understand this right, anyone who doesn't end up being accepted this time around hasn't been waitlisted, but more like put on hold to be reviewed again next month?
so for those of you who were accepted, does your application status page say anything other than "we're reviewing your materials, you'll get a letter in 6-8 weeks"?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope, it still says the same 6-8 weeks thing. Which just reinforces my theory that status pages are totally useless and are just a way to freak out applicants and make them even more obsessive than they already have a tendency to be.
I was expecting something cool on the status page, like at least some virtual balloons...or a "congratulations!" flashing through the screen....or like, decks of cards flying everywhere, like when you win at Solitaire. Alas, nothing of the sort.
I was expecting something cool on the status page, like at least some virtual balloons...or a "congratulations!" flashing through the screen....or like, decks of cards flying everywhere, like when you win at Solitaire. Alas, nothing of the sort.
I'd rather it be that my file hasn't been reviewed rather than them deciding against me. I hate the admissions process, this is totally bumming me out.I guess my later interview date (9/26) keeps me out of this months notifications. Oh how I pray for an even more awesome thanksgiving......
armybound, keep your head up, you've definitely shown your commitment to Vandy. Don't get down yet. It looks like only the creamy crop has been harvested thus far 👍. It's ONE day after the first POSSIBLE day of notification. Look at last years acceptance thread, people were getting calls on the 16th and 17th too. If only Dr. Zic is calling, no doubt he can't do it all in one night. Relax for now, youve got a handful of solid interviews, wait to get worried until at least after the new year.
just my 2 cents.
just my 2 cents.
thanks, this one is just especially important to me. I want to be the cream of the crop, too 🙁
I'm just whining 🙂
I'm just whining 🙂
Last edited:
thanks, this one is just especially important to me. I want to be the cream of the crop, too 🙁
I'm just whining 🙂
I've been praying all week for a call even though I know it's unlikely... I'm feeling no love from Vandy right now 🙁
I hope there are some more calls tonight/tomorrow!
Hey army...whine away!!! I know this is sad (and I shouldn't even mention it), but last night made me cry a little 😛 Now I feel stupid about it...Everything happens for a reason!thanks, this one is just especially important to me. I want to be the cream of the crop, too 🙁
I'm just whining 🙂
9/5 for me. Hang in there, guys!when did you guys interview??
Hey army...whine away!!! I know this is sad (and I shouldn't even mention it), but last night made me cry a little 😛 Now I feel stupid about it...Everything happens for a reason!
Oh no Berk!!!!! You'll get it, I swear, you deserve it much more than I do, and if not, then screw them, you'll get in somewhere WONDERFUL, I know it. And anyway, a waitlist isn't the end of the world, I mean it sucks to hurry up and wait but...it'll be ok! I promise! I know these things.
How can I not trust you, LET?! OK, it'll all be ok! 🙂Oh no Berk!!!!! You'll get it, I swear, you deserve it much more than I do, and if not, then screw them, you'll get in somewhere WONDERFUL, I know it. And anyway, a waitlist isn't the end of the world, I mean it sucks to hurry up and wait but...it'll be ok! I promise! I know these things.
And, this isn't necessarily a waitlist yet...I mean, Dr. Zic can still call today and tomorrow, right? (I have an interview tomorrow and I want to stay in a good mood...lie to me if you have to)
HumidBeing
In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
He couldn't possibly have called everyone last night, especially since the calls didn't begin until after the debate. He could call anytime this weekend. You are in good shape, Berken. You have a superb application and several screams of acceptance in your future.
How can I not trust you, LET?! OK, it'll all be ok! 🙂
And, this isn't necessarily a waitlist yet...I mean, Dr. Zic can still call today and tomorrow, right? (I have an interview tomorrow and I want to stay in a good mood...lie to me if you have to)
Haha well I don't know the specifics but it definitely sounds as if he didn't call THAT many people yesterday. I also imagine that each conversation takes some time, so I'm SURE he's still working through acceptances. Keep your phone on tonight! You never know!



Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where did you come from, frog!? 😱 You surprised me!He couldn't possibly have called everyone last night, especially since the calls didn't begin until after the debate. He could call anytime this weekend. You are in good shape, Berken. You have a superb application and several screams of acceptance in your future.
Thanks, Humid! You always know the right thing to say 😍
I will! And you'll be the first to know if anything comes. 😛 But if not, it's ok...I'll just send a "I love you, Vandy" letter...and hope to get off the waitlist.Haha well I don't know the specifics but it definitely sounds as if he didn't call THAT many people yesterday. I also imagine that each conversation takes some time, so I'm SURE he's still working through acceptances. Keep your phone on tonight! You never know!![]()
I'm going to be drunk either way.they should be coming in soon...
Berk... I cried too and have been way bitchy today.
I did call them and the woman claimed that phone calls are the exception and not the norm and that they do accept people that aren't called. I don't know whether to believe this, but I guess ihave to wait for either a call or a letter.
It's sad and I'm still obsessing, but I guess there really isn't anything I can do right now.
I did call them and the woman claimed that phone calls are the exception and not the norm and that they do accept people that aren't called. I don't know whether to believe this, but I guess ihave to wait for either a call or a letter.
It's sad and I'm still obsessing, but I guess there really isn't anything I can do right now.
they really do accept people without a phone call. but damnit, if other people are special enough to get a call, why can't we all be that special?
I feel like the fat chick in high school or something.. why can't I be the homecoming queen?
I feel like the fat chick in high school or something.. why can't I be the homecoming queen?
Aww lauren...at least we have each other? I was actually sitting in the plane to my next interview, and it really hit me...I lost Vandy. So I'm looking out the window and crying (just a little bit!) and the stewardess comes to give me my diet coke. I turn and look at her. At first, she looked like this 😀 and after she saw my face she looked like this 🙁 At the end of the flight, she comes up to me and asks if everything is ok. By then, I felt better (who knows why) and started laughing...Berk... I cried too and have been way bitchy today.
I did call them and the woman claimed that phone calls are the exception and not the norm and that they do accept people that aren't called. I don't know whether to believe this, but I guess ihave to wait for either a call or a letter.
It's sad and I'm still obsessing, but I guess there really isn't anything I can do right now.
Basically, a stewardess on her way to St. Louis thinks I'm a psycho.
Ohh and as for the accepted without a call thing, I think...if it is the case, we would be a minority of the accepted students. So, I'm slowly losing hope 🙁Berk... I cried too and have been way bitchy today.
I did call them and the woman claimed that phone calls are the exception and not the norm and that they do accept people that aren't called. I don't know whether to believe this, but I guess ihave to wait for either a call or a letter.
It's sad and I'm still obsessing, but I guess there really isn't anything I can do right now.
Is it actually possible we get a call today?
Ohh and as for the accepted without a call thing, I think...if it is the case, we would be a minority of the accepted students. So, I'm slowly losing hope 🙁
Is it actually possible we get a call today?
They did say at my interview day that some people get calls and some don't. They didn't say the ratio though.
I have just showed my very very angry side to anyone on my team that crosses me since we are on a trip.
I agree that I feel unloved to not have gotten a call if I do end up getting accepted.
At least my neurotic insanity is amusing my teammates since I am just laughing and saying loads of stupid things.
I agree that I feel unloved to not have gotten a call if I do end up getting accepted.
At least my neurotic insanity is amusing my teammates since I am just laughing and saying loads of stupid things.
haha I will also feel unloved, but who cares about that! An acceptance is...an acceptance! It doesn't matter how it comes.I have just showed my very very angry side to anyone on my team that crosses me since we are on a trip.
I agree that I feel unloved to not have gotten a call if I do end up getting accepted.
At least my neurotic insanity is amusing my teammates since I am just laughing and saying loads of stupid things.
haha I will also feel unloved, but who cares about that! An acceptance is...an acceptance! It doesn't matter how it comes.
👍 I'd take an acceptance in any form.
Good luck Lauren & Berk & Armybound!!


Last edited:
Thank you!!! Good luck to you, too! Although, you seem to be doing just fine without the luck.👍 I'd take an acceptance in any form.
Good luck Lauren & Berk & Armybound!!![]()
Last edited:
gl, armybound
thanks, you too.gl, armybound
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gl, armybound
haha Good Luck, army!thanks, you too.

You have experience with this...is a phone call tonight actually possible?
easily overlooked, it's alright
bottom line, we all are going to be docs someday. we just may not all be so lucky to graduate from that one dream school.
so of all those schools you interviewed at, where do you really want to go shemarty? would you pick Vandy over Mich or UCSD?
bottom line, we all are going to be docs someday. we just may not all be so lucky to graduate from that one dream school.
so of all those schools you interviewed at, where do you really want to go shemarty? would you pick Vandy over Mich or UCSD?
yes, it's possible. my approach is to not expect anything. if I wasn't a dude I probably would have cried today, too. I may cry anyway. today sucks.haha Good Luck, army!
You have experience with this...is a phone call tonight actually possible?
it really does. 🙁yes, it's possible. my approach is to not expect anything. if I wasn't a dude I probably would have cried today, too. I may cry anyway. today sucks.
dudes cry, too. Maybe not southern, gun-carrying dudes...
ok...i'm going to stay up then. i hope this doesn't turn out to be another disappointing night. 🙁yes, it's possible. my approach is to not expect anything. if I wasn't a dude I probably would have cried today, too. I may cry anyway. today sucks.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K