You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Vermont Secondary Application Thread
Started by UVAbme2009
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I just got an invite for 2/17!
Complete 8/26, small pooled 10/20 ... Withdrew 12/28, invite 1/6. I think I would have really liked UVM, but this simply came too late. The status page changed from "you have withdrawn" to "you are currently scheduled for an interview."
Hopefully an SDNer will get my spot after I re-withdraw.
Complete 8/26, small pooled 10/20 ... Withdrew 12/28, invite 1/6. I think I would have really liked UVM, but this simply came too late. The status page changed from "you have withdrawn" to "you are currently scheduled for an interview."
Hopefully an SDNer will get my spot after I re-withdraw.Anyone know when the committee is meeting the next time?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hopefully an SDNer will get my spot after I re-withdraw.
Tell them to send it my way

I had my interview yesterday, and it was a fantastic experience. UVM seems like a great school, and everyone there is so NICE it's almost scary. I would definitely jump at the chance to go there.
FYI for those waiting for decisions: Patrick mentioned at the info session that the next adcom meeting is in February, so it seems you'll have to wait a while longer.
Good luck to all!
FYI for those waiting for decisions: Patrick mentioned at the info session that the next adcom meeting is in February, so it seems you'll have to wait a while longer.
Good luck to all!
I had my interview yesterday, and it was a fantastic experience. UVM seems like a great school, and everyone there is so NICE it's almost scary. I would definitely jump at the chance to go there.
FYI for those waiting for decisions: Patrick mentioned at the info session that the next adcom meeting is in February, so it seems you'll have to wait a while longer.
Good luck to all!
At almost all the schools I've gone to, people were super nice, but for some reason UVM had the nicest people EVER!!! I don't know what it is, but every single person I met was awesome. Even the janitor wished me luck on the way to my interview!
I had my interview yesterday, and it was a fantastic experience. UVM seems like a great school, and everyone there is so NICE it's almost scary. I would definitely jump at the chance to go there.
FYI for those waiting for decisions: Patrick mentioned at the info session that the next adcom meeting is in February, so it seems you'll have to wait a while longer.
Good luck to all!
Thanks for the info...on to February it is!! VCU is the same way, so early Feb will be an exciting time.
Hi all!
For those of you who have been accepted do you know if you'll be going to UVM or are you holding out for other schools?
Also for those of you who are waiting on a decision is UVM amongst your top choices?
I heart UVM and am incredibly excited to start! I'm 100% going unless some huge disaster strikes and I won't be able to
JK! Love to see/share your enthusiasm! Go catamounts! 😍
For those of you who have been accepted do you know if you'll be going to UVM or are you holding out for other schools?
Also for those of you who are waiting on a decision is UVM amongst your top choices?
I heart UVM and am incredibly excited to start! I'm 100% going unless some huge disaster strikes and I won't be able to

JK! Love to see/share your enthusiasm! Go catamounts! 😍
Hi all!
For those of you who have been accepted do you know if you'll be going to UVM or are you holding out for other schools?
Also for those of you who are waiting on a decision is UVM amongst your top choices?
I heart UVM and am incredibly excited to start! I'm 100% going unless some huge disaster strikes and I won't be able to
JK! Love to see/share your enthusiasm! Go catamounts! 😍
So THAT'S what Cats stands for! Wow, I'm slow. Anyway, you should start a UVM Class of 2013 thread on the allopathic school's section! Then we can see how many of us are going.
...As for me, I'm not sure yet. I'm still holding out for 2 more schools that I haven't heard from and would probably go to over UVM. I LOVED UVM when I visited, but I don't know if I could live in Burlington for 4 years... we'll see.
I'm psyched to meet (possible) fellow classmates though!
Trust me... I didn't even know what a catamount was until I moved up here from Boston last August to work as a resesarch assistant at UVM.
Apparently it's a fancy name for a vermont mountain lion. 😀
Apparently it's a fancy name for a vermont mountain lion. 😀
Trust me... I didn't even know what a catamount was until I moved up here from Boston last August to work as a resesarch assistant at UVM.
Apparently it's a fancy name for a vermont mountain lion. 😀
Sweet! Well if there are Vermont mountain lions how could I NOT go there?
Actually, I'm from Boston, and would love to get your feedback on how you're doing up in the middle of nowhere. Do you think you could PM me about your experince so far in Burlington? Thanks!
Addison I am 99% sure that is where I am going. We should start a Class of 2013 thread for sure. I love UVM and I am really excited that I am finally making a decision!
Awww KEEK, you've abandoned Tufts?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is still a 1% chance I will change my mind. 🙂 However, I am getting kind of excited about abandoning the Green Line in Boston for greener pasteurs up in VT. 🙂
Hmmm, mentioning the Green Line kind of makes me want to go to UVM over Tufts too.... 😛
P.S. Have you heard from UMass yet?
Okee dokee Scrubs and Keeks... Due to popular demand I have officially started The University of Vermont, C/O 2013!! thread in the allopathic class threads forum!!
Woohoo! And scrubs, I'll definitely be PMing you soon with my thoughts and take on moving from Bean Town to B-Town.
Enjoy!
Addi
Woohoo! And scrubs, I'll definitely be PMing you soon with my thoughts and take on moving from Bean Town to B-Town.
Enjoy!
Addi
Aww the green line.... what fond memories... haha.
I used to live along the C-line at the St. Mary's Stop in Fenway.
So much fun!
I used to live along the C-line at the St. Mary's Stop in Fenway.
So much fun!
Keek, I PM-ed you!
There is still a 1% chance I will change my mind. 🙂 However, I am getting kind of excited about abandoning the Green Line in Boston for greener pasteurs up in VT. 🙂
I got accepted at Tufts and waitlisted at UVM. Both are my number one school (tied for the spot). Both programs are excellent, I think.
As I am from California (originally from Germany) either school will be a big change in enviornment for me. Any reasons why you guys choose UVM over Tufts or vise versa? I am leaning a bit towards tufts (I really liked Boston) (and, haha, I haven't gotten accepted at UVM, so this is hypothetical) but would have to do some serious thinking before deciding on either school if I got accepted at both.
Thanks for any thoughts/input.
I have to agree with everyone saying UVM is awesome, I loved it there and I hope get off the waitlist. Its one of my top choices. Does anyone know if they give the waitlist rank if you call them, it would be nice to know if I have a shot.
From the Online Applicant Center website:
"Please note that the admissions office staff will not disclose the number of applicants on the waitlist. In addition, we cannot make predictions as to the movement of the waitlist or an applicant's chances of admission in a given season so please keep this in mind if you contact the admissions office."
From that I am guessing that they probably would not tell you, but they don't explicitly say that they won't give you your rank so it might be worth a shot.
im sorry ruskaya 🙁 me too
Me three. sad day.
how are you all finding out about these rejections? ive been complete since late july and havent heard a darn thing from them. not even on the status page. not like i would go here anyways, rural new england is not for me (found out the hard way)..but they have been really silent on my part.
im sorry ruskaya 🙁 me too
I was small pooled late sept/early oct.... Haven't heard a thing yet... but im sure Ill be joining you guys in the post small pool rejection soon
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here. Good luck everyone
That's unfortunate. I specifically asked them to give my slot to Bradstein when I declined my invitation. Maybe it went to Bradstein on some other forum?
with ColumbiaHas anybody been accepted off the waitlist yet, or do we have to wait until may 15 to find out.
They take people off the waitlist on a rolling basis, it isn't even necessarily related to an adcom meeting, could be any time. (This is what Patrick told me.) That said, I haven't heard of anyone coming off the OOS waitlist yet this year, which is odd since last year there were several already by this point.
Bummer for you guys who got bad news recently. 🙁 Just think about how freaking cold it is up there right now, and how miserable that'd be. 🙂
They take people off the waitlist on a rolling basis, it isn't even necessarily related to an adcom meeting, could be any time. (This is what Patrick told me.) That said, I haven't heard of anyone coming off the OOS waitlist yet this year, which is odd since last year there were several already by this point.
Bummer for you guys who got bad news recently. 🙁 Just think about how freaking cold it is up there right now, and how miserable that'd be. 🙂
Actually, there is at least one person who got in off the OOS waitlist already. I think KEEK was waitlisted for a few weeks before being accepted.

guys!When were you complete and/or small pooled?Wow, I'd given up hope on UVM. Just got an interview invite for late March. 🙂
how are you all finding out about these rejections? ive been complete since late july and havent heard a darn thing from them. not even on the status page. not like i would go here anyways, rural new england is not for me (found out the hard way)..but they have been really silent on my part.
why apply if you don't want to go? just curious
I was complete around Sept. 20th. I have no idea when I was small-pooled, though, since I don't remember an e-mail update.When were you complete and/or small pooled?
OOS, if that matters.
I also just received an invite (OOS) today after being complete since September. I don't remember when I was small-pooled, but it was a while ago.
But, for all you still hoping for good news, I decided to decline the interview. Good luck to everybody.
But, for all you still hoping for good news, I decided to decline the interview. Good luck to everybody.
For those of you who received rejections from the small pool - when were you small pooled?
For those of you who received rejections from the small pool - when were you small pooled?
July
Status page...REJECTED!!! My first one 🙁
This from one of my top 5 choices when I applied...what a bummer.
Nothing I can do but be happy for what I already have..
Best of luck to everyone still in the running (I won't hold it against you for being better than me 😉)
This from one of my top 5 choices when I applied...what a bummer.
Nothing I can do but be happy for what I already have..
Best of luck to everyone still in the running (I won't hold it against you for being better than me 😉)
Status page...REJECTED!!! My first one 🙁
This from one of my top 5 choices when I applied...what a bummer.
Nothing I can do but be happy for what I already have..
Best of luck to everyone still in the running (I won't hold it against you for being better than me 😉)
Your rejection was karma, it was payback for blazers taking bayless from my kings at the last second.
Your rejection was karma, it was payback for blazers taking bayless from my kings at the last second.
Have you seen bayless play this year? So far, it looks like we did you guys a favor. You have enough scorers anyway!
ps thanks for the empathy.
I am just joking around dude, i am sorry for ur rejection but you already have been accepted it seems so thats good news. Being a UCLA guy i saw bayless play few times and man i wish we had gotten him. You guys have too much talent in front of him.
lol no worries. I wasn't being serious. It's a bit of a downer but not a big deal. Jbay has been playing a lot lately, getting more PT with some of the injuries we got. We'll see if he can play at this level soon enough. if you like nba basketball check out the thread over in all students 😀
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=200
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who have been accepted, have you received your acceptance packets in the mail? I was accepted just about a month ago and haven't received anything yet. I know I sound paranoid but I'm just excited and I want the formal hard-copy acceptance letter. 😍
For those of you who have been accepted, have you received your acceptance packets in the mail? I was accepted just about a month ago and haven't received anything yet. I know I sound paranoid but I'm just excited and I want the formal hard-copy acceptance letter. 😍
Hey Addi,
There is no acceptance packet! They just send you a hard copy of the acceptance e-mail. So you just send in the check on your own. I was so disappointed when I got a tiny envelope instead of a big packet! 😛
Hey Addi,
There is no acceptance packet! They just send you a hard copy of the acceptance e-mail. So you just send in the check on your own. I was so disappointed when I got a tiny envelope instead of a big packet! 😛
So I am an OOS applicant who has been interviewed about a month ago, and here is the message that I found online about 2 weeks ago. Is this good or bad? Thought? Comments? Criticisms?
"Dear Chessodoc:
At a recent meeting of the Committee on Admissions your complete application was carefully reviewed. We are pleased to inform you that your name has been placed on the Out-of-Area waitlist of qualified/alternate candidates. We will complete our interview and review process by the end of April 2009.
Our waitlist season is open until the first day of orientation in August 2009."
This is like, my first choice school...

Hey Addi,
There is no acceptance packet! They just send you a hard copy of the acceptance e-mail. So you just send in the check on your own. I was so disappointed when I got a tiny envelope instead of a big packet! 😛
Hey Scrubs,
Yeah... I already sent the deposit in. I was just hopin' and wishin' and prayin'
Lame...
i applied in june. then moved to the northeast for grad school and realized i hate it here.nothing against the school itself. just the locationwhy apply if you don't want to go? just curious
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K