2008-2009 West Virginia University Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone who interviewed in January heard anything (acceptance, waitlist, rejection)?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed Jan. 14. I called them on Jan. 30, or Jan. 31 and asked about my status. They said that I had been reviewed once and put on the mandatory wait list awaiting my second review (that's how I understood it anyway). Good Luck.

By looking at mdapps, I have noticed that most people who are accepted hear back after two weeks (two tuesdays) after their interview. Does that mean that if you don't hear back after two weeks, you are most likely waitlisted or rejected? Its been almost a month since my interview.

I called Beth Ann and she only told me that decision letters will be sent out ASAP. She didn't ask for my name.

Members don't see this ad :)
By looking at mdapps, I have noticed that most people who are accepted hear back after two weeks (two tuesdays) after their interview. Does that mean that if you don't hear back after two weeks, you are most likely waitlisted or rejected? Its been almost a month since my interview.

I called Beth Ann and she only told me that decision letters will be sent out ASAP. She didn't ask for my name.

I interviewed in early December and they told me that they review your application the first Tuesday after the interview, then again on the second Tuesday to either accept, reject, or waitlist. I'm waitlisted. I was under the impression they contact everyone after two weeks to let them know where they stand (via snail mail).

I interviewed in early December and they told me that they review your application the first Tuesday after the interview, then again on the second Tuesday to either accept, reject, or waitlist. I'm waitlisted. I was under the impression they contact everyone after two weeks to let them know where they stand (via snail mail).

are you instate?

Everyone at my interview was OOS and we were told that they review your application the 1st tuesday and then again the 2nd tuesday, which is the first time they can make the decision on your app. If they can't make a decision then, your app will be reviewed for another 2 or 3 tuesdays and then make a decision. Thats why it seems to me that if they can't make a decision on the 2nd tuesday, then that means you will probably get waitlisted.

My interview was in late january and I haven't heard back yet.

are you instate?

Everyone at my interview was OOS and we were told that they review your application the 1st tuesday and then again the 2nd tuesday, which is the first time they can make the decision on your app. If they can't make a decision then, your app will be reviewed for another 2 or 3 tuesdays and then make a decision. Thats why it seems to me that if they can't make a decision on the 2nd tuesday, then that means you will probably get waitlisted.

My interview was in late january and I haven't heard back yet.

No, I'm OOS. My interview group was mostly OOS with 1 IS. I think I got my waitlist letter about 2.5 weeks after the interview. I hope you hear soon. Good luck!

I forgot to mention that I was asking about post-interview...

Anyone?

OOS, waitlisted post-interview

Havent heard anything from them since my waitlist about 4 weeks after my Nov 9th interview

Edit: Just received an update letter from them, reconfirming my waitlist spot

Last edited:
Waitlisted by email. No surprise since most OOS seem to get waitlisted.

My guess is that they probably don't accept many OOS until they hear back from accepted IS to see how many spots are left for OOS. Those OOS who were accepted outright probably have VERY strong ties to WV.

Hey i have an interview March 2 a week from today. I am OOS. am i basically just interviewing for a waitlist? or are they still accepting at this point?

I received my official you're a waitlister email today as well.

I just got the email confirming my place on the waitlist as well. Hopefully this doesn't mean they have filled the class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview today.... I think it went really well. I was very impressed by the school and like what i saw!

Anyone hear any word lately?

I am almost 2 weeks post interview! I am getting nervous

Does anyone know if WVU has announced a second look day for accepted applicants or anything like that?

Good luck everyone!

Just got accepted by snail mail! Interviewed on March 2 2009! I am so stoked!

Any OOS acceptances care to share their stats?

Also, I received an email stating.."WVU has submitted a tentative roster to AMCAS...", but I haven't received an official waitlist letter. Is this email the waitlist letter?

Also, I received an email stating.."WVU has submitted a tentative roster to AMCAS...", but I haven't received an official waitlist letter. Is this email the waitlist letter?

32M (13,8,11) 3.8 GPA

Rocked the interview... I think it is a waitlist, but i am not positive. I received my letter in the mail a week ago as did another person i know... he was on the waitlist and got accepted off it.

I hope this helps.... WVU usually has pretty good WL movement. Write an LOI and keep faith. Good Luck!

what should be put in a letter of interest; I don't want it to come off like a desperate plea!:confused:

Hey Everybody!

Just wanted to let all the accepted students and those that are still waiting that I made a WVU Class of 2013 thread in the allopathic class treads.

Check it out so we can all get to know each other.

Ohh yeah... anyone that is holding an acceptance with morgantown for there 3/4 years and is mostly likely gonna drop should let me know. I am looking to try to switch there... and since you arent going anyway you would be helping me out!!!

Thanks

I was accepted as an OOS off the waitlist (I interviewed 12/10/2008). I am pretty sure they put a lot of OOS applicants on the waitlist until they interviewed everyone. I think they sent out a mass amount of acceptances around the week of 3/23/2009 (a classmate and I were accepted on the same day!). I would assume if you have not gotten an acceptance letter by now, then you will have to wait patiently until May (I believe that is when people have to choose the school they wish to attend). Good luck!!

My stats:
GPA- 3.964
MCAT 30R (10,10,10)
Maryland Resident
Chemistry major
*Strong clinical experience and strong letters probably helped me because I have no ties to WV

Anything else you would like to know?

I was accepted as an OOS off the waitlist (I interviewed 12/10/2008). I am pretty sure they put a lot of OOS applicants on the waitlist until they interviewed everyone. I think they sent out a mass amount of acceptances around the week of 3/23/2009 (a classmate and I were accepted on the same day!). I would assume if you have not gotten an acceptance letter by now, then you will have to wait patiently until May (I believe that is when people have to choose the school they wish to attend). Good luck!!

My stats:
GPA- 3.964
MCAT 30R (10,10,10)
Maryland Resident
Chemistry major
*Strong clinical experience and strong letters probably helped me because I have no ties to WV

Anything else you would like to know?

I think i know the classmate you are talking about... he is pretty damn awesome.

Congrats on your acceptance

I think i know the classmate you are talking about... he is pretty damn awesome.

Congrats on your acceptance

Haha yep! When are we doing the WVU day? I do not think UMB will be updating my status until after graduation unfortunately...

Last edited:

I got accepted 2 weeks after the interview in february.

I took that darn test 3 times - first was 30N (12,10,8) the lastest was 29O (10,10,9). My grades- I almost got cut the first time around because I went to a college that didn't give out grades.

The ones I do have come to BCPM 3.89 AO 3.48 Total 3.65

I also have a lot of volunteer work, strong letters, and asked about how I could get involved in community service.

The afternoon of the interview I dropped of thank you notes specifically addressed to each of the interviewers. The week after I wrote a letter of intent - mainly going over why I wanted to go to West Virginia and my support on the east coast. I don't have super strong ties (I have a family friend I visited once). I emphasized the connections I did have on the east coast, have visited the area and noted my enthusiasm for it's outdoor environment. The next week I sent them an update of other course work. I think it made a big difference because I didn't hear from them until those two items were submitted. So that meant that I was only accepted the third time they met.

One thing- they thoroughly read my application materials and evaluations which I really appreciated. I had one school look over my evaluations and upon realizing that there were no numbers attached commented "how touchy feely".

Looks like I'm heading to West Virginia.

Well I'll more than likely see you guys there. Im on the alternate list at Wake Forest but was accepted to WVU in late february. Good luck to all of you!

For those of you who got acceptance letters last week...was there any indication that you got in prior to receiving the letter (like e-mail?), or was it just a surprise when you opened the mailbox? I'm currently on the waiting list, and the wait is killing me as this is my only option right now. I just want a definitive answer, for better or worse, ya know?

For those of you who got acceptance letters last week...was there any indication that you got in prior to receiving the letter (like e-mail?), or was it just a surprise when you opened the mailbox? I'm currently on the waiting list, and the wait is killing me as this is my only option right now. I just want a definitive answer, for better or worse, ya know?
Letter in the mail was it.

Yeah, the sent the letter to my parents house and they had to call me. Came out of left field. Didn't expect it at all.

all i got was a letter in the mail like 2 weeks after i interviewed in february and i havent gotten a thing since.. hah.

I found out that I was accepted yesterday from Beth Ann. I have not received my letter yet (my mail is being forwarded). Hope to see you guys in the fall!!

OOS

I found out that I was accepted yesterday from Beth Ann. I have not received my letter yet (my mail is being forwarded). Hope to see you guys in the fall!!

OOS

Congrats.. what state you coming from?

As difficult as it was I sent in my withdrawal letter yesterday (OOS/Male). Good luck everyone as I think this is a great school.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the useful information.

West Virginia is a beautiful place, in case you are taking down a trip to the United States of America, specifically for roaming and looking around then you should visit WV. The place is worth for glance. You could locate the state on the map with and surrounded by Ohio, Pennsylvania and Kentucky. The capital of the state is Charleston city, which constitutes around 25% of the total population of the West Virginia. With the Appalachia mountain range circling the state, the beauty of the place is enchanted even more.

I just got the best call of my life at 4:32pm today when Beth Ann told me I got in!!! This is my first US Allo acceptance!!!! Looks like I'll be seeing all of you in Morgantown come August 10!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
I just got the best call of my life at 4:32pm today when Beth Ann told me I got in!!! This is my first US Allo acceptance!!!! Looks like I'll be seeing all of you in Morgantown come August 10!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Congrats.. cya monday :D

Status
Not open for further replies.