2009-2010 Georgetown Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview invite here as well! Congrats to you all!

Members don't see this ad.

congrats to all of you! i'm super jealous.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe I should have gotten on the ball earlier.......maybe I would have a decision too.

My app was received on the 8th, like everyone else, but I wasn't "complete" even though all of my letters had been designated since my amcas was submitted.

I was a good little applicant and waited the 10 business days to email. I got a response back saying to be patient, it takes a while. 20 min later I was complete. Moral of the story, email if you think you should be complete.

So has anyone gotten through to their phone?

Yay I got one too!!! Hope I get to meet some of you there. Going to have to schedule this thing tomorrow because I couldn't get through though :(

For those who have interviews:

Did you write about cura personalis?

a magician never reveals his secret.

haha jk

i didn't explicitly state it, but i had similar values described. besides, isnt that what a physician's values are anyways?

congrats to all of you!:) I really hope im in the next batch of invites this school sounds great!!

So it looks like almost everyone who got an invite today was complete 7/15. I know I saw one execption. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
So it looks like almost everyone who got an invite today was complete 7/15. I know I saw one execption. Anyone else?

Great avatar. Marshawn is a beast (when he's not being suspended).

I'm falling in love more and more with this school. Such an excellent school.:thumbup:

Haha. Blue please tell me that you have seen this a million times already. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-iel089cEE

"Fast, stupid fast"

Maybe we shouldn't go to Georgetown so we can stay close for Cal football games lol. Although DC is a lot closer to Buffalo.

I've seen that so many times. It's great.

There's no way in hell I'm turning down G'Town so I can go to Cal football games, though.:laugh:

Whoo-hoo interview invite today!!
I think I was complete earlier than 7/15 but I'm too lazy to check lol

at Blue: I couldn't get through today either; I called at 3:30 and 3:45pm and it kept saying to call back 2:30-4pm wth? lol

I figure since this is the first day they are sending out invites (presumably), they haven't got that updated yet. I'm gonna call tomo morning :)

Whoo-hoo interview invite today!!
I think I was complete earlier than 7/15 but I'm too lazy to check lol

at Blue: I couldn't get through today either; I called at 3:30 and 3:45pm and it kept saying to call back 2:30-4pm wth? lol

I figure since this is the first day they are sending out invites (presumably), they haven't got that updated yet. I'm gonna call tomo morning :)

Yeah, me too. I think this is going to end up being my first medical school interview.:thumbup:

sent it 7/23 and I was complete 7/30. no interview decision yet. bummer.

basically almost all of the interviews offered today were for people who were complete on 7/15. i think that the rest of us just need to be a little more patient. as for me...complete 7/23.

basically almost all of the interviews offered today were for people who were complete on 7/15. i think that the rest of us just need to be a little more patient. as for me...complete 7/23.
i was 7/21

Thats something I'm finding to be more and more difficult the further I get in this process.

I'm a 7/24 complete. Best of luck.

It seems they send invites to about 10% of all applicants.

Interview invite as well.

Complete 7/21.

So anyone know if interviews are open-file or close- file?

i think this shows how SDN is not a fair cross section...so many invites, yet it's around 10%

For those interested, I was complete on 7/15 (and received an interview invite today). Good luck to everyone! :luck:

I was complete 7/15 but no interview invite :(

weee got the invite today! 3rd invite ever!

Got an interview invite via email at 3:15pm.

I was complete on 7/21.

Good luck to everyone else! :luck:

Interview invite here too! I was also complete 7/15. I did talk a little about some experiences relating to cura personalis.

I am from the Midwest and am not very familiar with D.C. What is the best airport to fly in to?

Interview invite here too! I was also complete 7/15. I did talk a little about some experiences relating to cura personalis.

I am from the Midwest and am not very familiar with D.C. What is the best airport to fly in to?
Dulles is a drive. National is a metro ride (and probably a short taxi).

interview invite here too! I was also complete 7/15. I did talk a little about some experiences relating to cura personalis.

I am from the midwest and am not very familiar with d.c. What is the best airport to fly in to?

dca

Washington National Airport or Dulles, it seems.

Hey all,

I currently live in DC and thought I would chime in with traveling advice:

You really, really want to fly into DCA (Washington National Airport). Dulles is in Virginia, and is a pretty long drive from downtown DC, and traffic is super bad. It would be a pain/expensive to rent a car and drive in to the city. DCA is on a metro stop, so you can fly in to DCA, then take the metro to wherever you're staying. Georgetown isn't actually on the metro, but bus lines go to the campus and it's not that far of a walk anyways. No need to rent a car in DC! :)

Hey all,

I currently live in DC and thought I would chime in with traveling advice:

You really, really want to fly into DCA (Washington National Airport). Dulles is in Virginia, and is a pretty long drive from downtown DC, and traffic is super bad. It would be a pain/expensive to rent a car and drive in to the city. DCA is on a metro stop, so you can fly in to DCA, then take the metro to wherever you're staying. Georgetown isn't actually on the metro, but bus lines go to the campus and it's not that far of a walk anyways. No need to rent a car in DC! :)

DCA, it is. Thanks!:)

Schedule away, I just made my appointment...

does anyone know if they will send out invite batches daily or weekly?

- Only wrote about how "cura personalis" caught my attention
- Got interview invite
- Phone system was great; I got my interview scheduled just now after after trying 3 times (although i do prefer online systems :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.