You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Georgetown
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I can’t create a permanent password, I’m following the instructions for the temporary password but it is not working 🥲
I used my NetID and the gu sample password, but it is saying incorrect. Did anyone else run into this issue?If you go into the pre-matriculation portal and then "Georgetown University Electronic Credentials" you should find your netID
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1108356
You don't get to make your own password. It has to be one of the ones that is generated and given to you.I can’t create a permanent password, I’m following the instructions for the temporary password but it is not working 🥲
You don't get to make your own password. It has to be one of the ones that is generated and given to you.
I don’t get to the screen where you use the generator. I get prompted for a password which is where I assume you use the temporary password.
Anyone get a financial aid package that wasn't only loans? Does GUSOM have scholarships or grants? This place is my dream but I really don't think I can afford it with only loans.
D
deleted1108356
I got a scholarship for 23k, everything else is loans.Anyone get a financial aid package that wasn't only loans? Does GUSOM have scholarships or grants? This place is my dream but I really don't think I can afford it with only loans.
Was it automatic consideration or did you apply? I've only found out about how to apply for the Sarah Stewart scholarship. 23k would be amazing.I got a scholarship for 23k, everything else is loans.
sneezysleeves
Full Member
How much should we take US News rankings into consideration? I really like GUSOM and I recognize that it graduates really strong, competitive candidates for residency programs, but its USN ranking seems really low and that's giving me pause... anyone's insight/thoughts would be appreciated 🙂
unclepeanutz
Full Member
Rank on any one odd year isn’t as important as trends. And Georgetown unfortunately trending down over the years.How much should we take US News rankings into consideration? I really like GUSOM and I recognize that it graduates really strong, competitive candidates for residency programs, but its USN ranking seems really low and that's giving me pause... anyone's insight/thoughts would be appreciated
Do you know what the ranks were the previous years?Rank on any one odd year isn’t as important as trends. And Georgetown unfortunately trending down over the years.
unclepeanutz
Full Member
Remember it was in the low/mid 40’s 2 years ago. Dropped each of the last 2 yearsDo you know what the ranks were the previous years?
That's unfortunate. I wonder why? But also I m still praying for an A and taking this with my name 😂😂Remember it was in the low/mid 40’s 2 years ago. Dropped each of the last 2 years
Do any of you know when we will see waitlist movement?
When pigs fly I guess 🤷🏻♂️Do any of you know when we will see waitlist movement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MedSD123
Full Member
Do we know where we could get an answer to this? Email the admissions committee? I really like Georgetown but idk if I should choose it over my other higher-ranked acceptance. The low/falling ranking is really my only concernHow much should we take US News rankings into consideration? I really like GUSOM and I recognize that it graduates really strong, competitive candidates for residency programs, but its USN ranking seems really low and that's giving me pause... anyone's insight/thoughts would be appreciated 🙂
sneezysleeves
Full Member
This is exactly where I'm at too... idk if its kosher to email adcoms because it seems like kind of a shady question to ask. I emailed an M4 that I met on the virtual second look day essentially asking how much I should be considering USN rankings. I anticipate that she'll say it doesn't matter much because GUSOM has such a good history/reputation with competitive residency matches. PLus the current students couldn't speak highly enough of their clinical education at GU/MedStar.Do we know where we could get an answer to this? Email the admissions committee? I really like Georgetown but idk if I should choose it over my other higher-ranked acceptance. The low/falling ranking is really my only concern
The ranking doesn't matter lol
Thanks for choosing the other school!I have a few friends that are M1s and M2s there and I've heard the same thing. Part of that has to do with a lot of the classes being taught by doctoral candidates that focus on bringing their own niche research in their MD lectures instead of focusing on more clinically relevant stuff. It's definitely something making me think twice about coming here - got an A a couple weeks back. Interviewed in November. I think hearing this^ combined with their falling rank and average match list, I'm probably gonna end up choosing my higher ranked school. Rank may not be everything but it certainly is an indicator of where the school is going.
I think the reality is for y'all (I have no skin in the game). Georgetowns reputation is strong within the residency world and nothing is gonna change that. The curriculum/some of the stuff that goes on at the school isn't always the best. But at the end of the day the Georgetown name remains incredibly strong at every residency program around the country.
D
deleted1115486
Do accepted applicants get anything in the mail??
D
deleted1115486
I recommend sending in an LOI if it’s your top choice! I sent 2 and I think that rlly helped me get accepted.any word from 12/7 interviewees or beyond? people are talking about waitlists but we haven't heard our original decision yet. 16 weeks and counting 🙁. gusom is my top choice and I do not know what I should be doing
It’s not too late. I sent my second LOI 17 weeks post-II and got in the following week! Hope this helps!
Anyone else hear?
Congrats!! Think it’s alphabetical? Can I ask like a 4 letter range for the first letter ofyour last Name?oH MY GOD i just got off the waitlist for georgetown!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was in the kitchen and missed the call and came back to Dean Dugan's voicemail, GUSOM is my first choice 😭
Omg congrats!!!oH MY GOD i just got off the waitlist for georgetown!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was in the kitchen and missed the call and came back to Dean Dugan's voicemail, GUSOM is my first choice 😭
Can u share when u were waitlisted? Thank you!!oH MY GOD i just got off the waitlist for georgetown!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was in the kitchen and missed the call and came back to Dean Dugan's voicemail, GUSOM is my first choice 😭
I was waitlisted on Feb 7th, and I immediately accepted and sent in a letter of intent!Can u share when u were waitlisted? Thank you!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Out of curiosity, why do you think it's by alphabetical order?Congrats!! Think it’s alphabetical? Can I ask like a 4 letter range for the first letter ofyour last Name?
Yes, I believe so.I am sorry for being neurotic but could someone who is currently waitlisted at GUSOM tell me what tab names they see in the portal? Did it always say "Admission Offer" as a tab even for waitlisted applicants?
visionofdivision
Full Member
yes my portal has said admissions offer since being waitlistedI am sorry for being neurotic but could someone who is currently waitlisted at GUSOM tell me what tab names they see in the portal? Did it always say "Admission Offer" as a tab even for waitlisted applicants?
D
deleted1115486
Send an LOI if GUSOM is your #1 choice!View attachment 352908
has this been in everyones status since being put on WL? I am going crazy waiting since my interview in September
offbrandteas17
Full Member
Got the acceptance email today! Interviewed 12/3. There's still hope!
Congrats!! Were you waitlisted at all by any chance? Thank you !Got the acceptance email today! Interviewed 12/3. There's still hope!
I sent a letter of intent after being waitlisted!Congratulations on the acceptance!! did you send a letter of interest or a letter of intent?
Same timeline and everything, including waitlist, but no news 🙁(((I was accepted off the waitlist yesterday! Interviewed back in October, waitlisted in January, then finally accepted!!!! Good luck to those of you on the waitlist or waiting to hear back : )
Does anyone know if there is a GroupMe for accepted students?
offbrandteas17
Full Member
Thanks! No, not waitlisted. Just a long period of anxious silence. However, I might withdraw my acceptance once I hear back from another school. Best of luck!Congrats!! Were you waitlisted at all by any chance? Thank you !
Best of luck to you!Thanks! No, not waitlisted. Just a long period of anxious silence. However, I might withdraw my acceptance once I hear back from another school. Best of luck!
medicineandrunning
Full Member
Does anybody know if there is a deadline to accept our financial aid package on MyAccess?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cornoffthecob
Full Member
Is gtown known to match FA packages/give out scholarships?
D
deleted1108356
Curious to know the answer to this too!Is gtown known to match FA packages/give out scholarships?
I spoke with financial aid the other day who told me all institutional funds have already been dispersed, so even if they have some money reserved for late acceptances, I think it unlikely they will match packages.Is gtown known to match FA packages/give out scholarships?
Bubble_Tea05
New Member
For those that are waitlisted, it says "You may continue to submit letters of interest until the waitlist is officially closed." Did anyone send more than one? If so, are you saying you are interested and intend to attend multiple times? I guess I am confused why they accept more than one LOI. Is it so that we can continue updating them?