2021-2022 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those that are waitlisted, it says "You may continue to submit letters of interest until the waitlist is officially closed." Did anyone send more than one? If so, are you saying you are interested and intend to attend multiple times? I guess I am confused why they accept more than one LOI. Is it so that we can continue updating them?

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard back from the Sarah Stewart app? Also, has anyone been able to find this year's match list? It seems from past years that they usually release it in early April.

Has anyone heard back from the Sarah Stewart app? Also, has anyone been able to find this year's match list? It seems from past years that they usually release it in early April.
Last year it was released late April, a couple days before April 30th so I think it just depends on how many applicants there was this year

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think people who get a late acceptance off the waitlist will be considered for FA packages and scholarships?

Last edited:
Been on waitlist since January. Everyday is a struggle :(

• Care
Things should be speeding up soon given the April 15th and April 30th traffic rules.

Was accepted off the waitlist last year in early May, and I have many classmates who were accepted later than that. It takes some time.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Withdrew my acceptance from Gtown on Friday, as they do not provide merit based aid. Good luck to those still waiting to hear back ! Hope my spot goes to someone deserving and who really wants it.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
When calls do come out, around what time are they? Trying to control my anxiety so that I don't freak out 24/7 during the next few weeks 😅

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone reached out to ask when we will hear back about the Sarah Stewart scholarship this year?

gotcha, what about the WL movement?
All I know is SMPs get waitlisted too, I have no idea if there’s a preference for us over non-SMP applicants at that point :( But it seems like Georgetown has pretty good waitlist movement starting in late April/May in general!

• Love
All I know is SMPs get waitlisted too, I have no idea if there’s a preference for us over non-SMP applicants at that point :( But it seems like Georgetown has pretty good waitlist movement starting in late April/May in general!
Dang i didnt know SMPs got Wled too. Sorry to hear that :(. but let's hope the waitlist starts moving in a week or 2! :D

• Love
This is not true at all lol much lower than that. That’s like half the class
Oh okay, I remember the faculty stating that about 75 Ppl (if you get the 3.5 cut off) get an interview and about 30 - 40 get in from the current class and 20 from previous classes. I could be completely wrong - I apologize!

Oh okay, I remember the faculty stating that about 75 Ppl (if you get the 3.5 cut off) get an interview and about 30 - 40 get in from the current class and 20 from previous classes. I could be completely wrong - I apologize!
Wow! I'm assuming once the SMP students get accepted, the class is most likely full. Rip

Wow! I'm assuming once the SMP students get accepted, the class is most likely full. Rip
We still have a good chance! Georgetown is known to have good waitlist movement.
I hope we all get in 😭

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
30-40 acceptances sounds about right!

Tough decision but just withdrew my A, good luck everyone!

• Care
  • Love
Accepted today from the SMP. Shout out to SMP fam reading this. Best of luck <3

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Random question here for people accepted off the WL. Did you just receive an acceptance via call/email or did Georgetown ask you if you were still interested in the school?

This is for the SMPs in the next cycle who are coming back to this page to get an idea of when acceptances might come: I got my acceptance yesterday (Wednesday, April 28th) at 4:37pm. Acceptance came via phone call and I honestly couldn't tell you what was said other than I was accepted. Must have blacked out for the rest. I was on 4 WLs already with no acceptance yet and I was really expecting a WL here. Feels good to finally get the A. Need the email before I can fully believe it wasn't some elaborate prank.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
This is for the SMPs in the next cycle who are coming back to this page to get an idea of when acceptances might come: I got my acceptance yesterday (Wednesday, April 28th) at 4:37pm. Acceptance came via phone call and I honestly couldn't tell you what was said other than I was accepted. Must have blacked out for the rest. I was on 4 WLs already with no acceptance yet and I was really expecting a WL here. Feels good to finally get the A. Need the email before I can fully believe it wasn't some elaborate prank.
Congrats!!!

• Love
Random question here for people accepted off the WL. Did you just receive an acceptance via call/email or did Georgetown ask you if you were still interested in the school?
I received a call from the dean when I got off the waitlist and was accepted, and then received the email the next day! I also had about 10 days to accept the offer on the portal :)

I received a call from the dean when I got off the waitlist and was accepted, and then received the email the next day! I also had about 10 days to accept the offer on the portal :)
Thanks for the response. And congrats on your acceptance!

Withdrew my acceptance so hope it goes to someone here!! Good luck everyone :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
just withdrew my acceptance :) lovely people, best of luck!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Sorry if this is a naive question but for those that got need-based aid, is that same amount received guaranteed for each following year as well?

Got off the waitlist at my top choice school and just withdrew my acceptance at GT. Best of luck to the well-deserving candidates on the waitlist!

• Love
  • Care