2021-2022 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call guys!! Off the waitlist right before May 15 šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ the Dean said sheā€™s calling more people

Congratulations that's so amazing!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations!! Has anyone else heard any news?! Feeling anxious

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
yeh it's been quite some time since the first phone call. Idk i'm feeling over it at this point
Historically it has come out over a handful of days so if today isnā€™t your day, tomorrow could very well be

Historically it has come out over a handful of days so if today isnā€™t your day, tomorrow could very well be
oh interesting! I always thought the dean just sent out all the As at once through phone!

I got the call! First acceptance! Over the moon and grateful. Iā€™m rooting for everyone else waiting! I hope to be classmates

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Congrats everyone! So glad the waitlist is moving. If you don't mind checking, is the acceptance reflected on the portal or did you receive the email that follows the call?

• Wow
Congrats to everyone who got off the waitlist! WOOHOOOO! Do you all think that this is the only wave of acceptances for the month of may?

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off the waitlist on Friday at around 5:15 pm EST!!!!!!!! First acceptance!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
[mention]GrainofSalt [/mention] right there with you. Still in this perpetual waiting game

• Haha
Missed my flight. Sat down at the airport to start working on reapplications when I got bored and checked my voicemail. Saw a missed call from some Silver Spring number on Friday night. Got the A from the WL. What a frickin rollercoaster!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats to everyone who got off the waitlist! Have you also received an email about the admissions decision?

This one's a Georgetown SMP to GUSOM success story:

Stats:
undergrad GPA: 3.0-3.2
SMP GPA: 3.8-4.0
MCAT: 510-514

Waitlist on April 28th. Letter of interest sent a few days after. Got the acceptance call on May 13th. Official email on May 16th.

The SMP works but it not easy. If all you need is GPA repair, hit the ground running and trust the process. Currently we have 20 accepted SMPs matriculating directly to GUSOM out of an estimated 85 applicants (our class is around 140 but not everyone applied this cycle). Supposedly a few more acceptances will trickle in up until orientation.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
This one's a Georgetown SMP to GUSOM success story:

Stats:
undergrad GPA: 3.0-3.2
SMP GPA: 3.8-4.0
MCAT: 510-514

Waitlist on April 28th. Letter of interest sent a few days after. Got the acceptance call on May 13th. Official email on May 16th.

The SMP works but it not easy. If all you need is GPA repair, hit the ground running and trust the process. Currently we have 20 accepted SMPs matriculating directly to GUSOM out of an estimated 85 applicants (our class is around 140 but not everyone applied this cycle). Supposedly a few more acceptances will trickle in up until orientation.
These acceptances you think will be from the regular pool or smp pool?

Should we expect any waitlist movement today, or do you think GUSOM will stick to their biweekly acceptance schedule?

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I recently got admitted and I do not have a facebook. Is there another way to reach out to other admitted students? I am wanting to connect with other student's to figure out housing for fall. Are there any student housing portals?

I recently got admitted and I do not have a facebook. Is there another way to reach out to other admitted students? I am wanting to connect with other student's to figure out housing for fall. Are there any student housing portals?
I made a Facebook just to join the group and I'd say it's definitely worth it! There is a housing spreadsheet going around for finding roomies and upperclassmen post housing opportunities on behalf of their landlords. One of the moderators also said that we will use the group to coordinate group functions if we'd like. There is also a GroupMe chat that is posted in the group.

For those that were asking questions about the Facebook group last week:
You receive a link to join the Facebook group a few weeks after admittance. If you request to join before, they can't let you in because it takes a few weeks for them to receive the roster from admissions. Regarding the number of people added to the group, I wouldn't analyze it too much because there are tons of admins, landlords, property managers, upperclassmen, and others posting in there!

Anybody have any idea when the next few As will be given out?

• Care
Fellow waitlisters, have you heard anything today or have any recent updates from the admissions? Admitted students, has there been any movement on the waitlist from what you can tell based on the FB/GroupMe?
Getting a little anxious from waiting, so just wanted to see if anyone has any updates!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know what date and what time of day AMCAS opens submissions for the 2023 cycle? I thought it was the 31st, but not sure what time.

• Care
Thank you for your service šŸ’œ I emailed back in early May and they said it wasnā€™t but not sure if thatā€™s changed now
From the office of admissions today: "we do expect to see some more waitlist movement before our June 15th commit to enroll deadline"

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Did Georgetown last year accept students off the wl after the CTE deadline?

Accepted today about an hour ago! Good luck to you all who are still waiting to hear back :)

• Love
Accepted at around 3:30 PM CST via phone call! Wishing the best to those who are waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if today is pretty much the last of the waitlist movement? Was any information given to those who received a call today?

Reactions: 1 users