You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Loyola University Chicago (Stritch) Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Submitted 8/27, called today and I'm still under review. Good times.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was AMCAS verified July 15th, no secondary from Loyola until 8/25/09. Submitted 9/3/09 and still waiting.
Really hoping to get an invite from LUC.
Really hoping to get an invite from LUC.
who else here is waiting for a phone call this thursday?
who else here is waiting for a phone call this thursday?
Me!!!!
I totally fell in love with Loyola when I interviewed there! It's an amazing school! Getting soooo nervous/excited for Thursday!me too! The school is amazing, definitely a top choice if not top choice. Do they call? I think they mentioned snail mail letter.
According to last year's acceptance thread, some lucky ones were called on October 15 with the acceptance news. Maybe they call and then follow up with a snail mail letter? I'm totally going to have my phone with me all day on Thursday, though! 🙂
I hope they give out some acceptances today! Post if you get the amazing phone call! Good luck everybody! 🙂
Ya i didnt get any call, looks like no one did. they said theyd def tell us by today.
So, I submitted my primary to them way over two months ago, and I still haven't received a secondary. Should I call?
I was verified Sep 8. I called the office today and they said they were still screening and that I should receive my secondary in the next 2 weeks.
I interviewed on the first day, and have not received a phone call. The Dean did mention he personally calls to deliver the good news, so perhaps he is out of the office today. Or maybe I got rejected/waitlisted?
Could anyone who receives a phone call please post to let us know.
Thanks! Good luck everyone!
Could anyone who receives a phone call please post to let us know.
Thanks! Good luck everyone!
hey healthkare,
i interviewed on the first day too...which guy were you?
still nothing yet....
I just called the admissions office. The nice lady said she is not aware of any phone calls being made this time around, and Stritch only communicates via paper correspondence. Letters will be mailed tomorrow, and will reach your house as fast as USPS can deliver.
Someone else may want to call incase I missed something: 708 216 3229
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ya i called, theyre gonna mail it out tomorrow. I hope it i get in on saturday.
The place is freaking fantastic. Prepare yourself! 🙂
absolutely
one of the best interviews i had for sure.
I interviewed on the first day, and have not received a phone call. The Dean did mention he personally calls to deliver the good news, so perhaps he is out of the office today. Or maybe I got rejected/waitlisted?
Could anyone who receives a phone call please post to let us know.
Thanks! Good luck everyone!
Generally Dean Jones or Dr. Muraskas call those who are accepted--though not everyone gets a call. Personally I got a call on the day the committee met, and I would assume they would carry on the tradition this year...
Anyway, for all of you who interviewed this early, just keep in mind that the odds are very much in your favor. I don't think Loyola hands out too many waitlists/rejections until January.
ACCEPTED!!!! Just got a call from Dr. Muraskas... while in the bathroom. But hey, you pick up unknown numbers no matter what on these days, right??? 

Me too!!! I was taking a shower though and missed the call. 🙁 So happy, Loyola is probably my top choice! Good luck to everyone else!!!
ACCEPTED!!!! Just got a call from Dr. Muraskas... while in the bathroom. But hey, you pick up unknown numbers no matter what on these days, right???![]()
Congrats!
Do you mind telling us when you interviewed and whether you spoke to Dr. Muraskas during your day at loyola. Cause im curious who they decide to call, cause it seems like the majority of us have to wait for letters in the mail. Did he tell you anything special?
.
Last edited:
i interviewed on the first day too,
Looks like im rejected/ or waitlisted.
Man now im really bummed. Like super bummed.
Looks like im rejected/ or waitlisted.
Man now im really bummed. Like super bummed.
.
Last edited:
ya i was from uic
ya i hope he just calls a handful of the people. eitherway I guess we have to wait for the mail.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the phone call this morning, loved the school!
Haha, Omar Gooding...I haven't heard that name since Hangin' with Mr. Cooper.
Hey don't forget Smart Guy and Wild and Crazy Kids
seriously, the wait is making me hurl.
Two defers in the last 2 days.![]()
ya man I can imagine. I hope they dont call everyone. I wonder if everyone one else from our interview day got a call.
did any of you stay in hotel or student host?
also is there any (cheap) way to get from the airport to the school?
also is there any (cheap) way to get from the airport to the school?
Dr. Muraskas called me yesterday to share the good news. I interviewed on the first day. Good luck to my fellow applicants!
waitlisted.
cold.
cold.
Got the secondary today!! Wow, that was a long wait. AMCAS submitted 8/4 and verified 8/27...
practically in the same boat as you. i just go it yesterday and i hope to send it out by the end of the week or sooner. is this really late as it is? people getting acceptances already makes me feel iffy.
practically in the same boat as you. i just go it yesterday and i hope to send it out by the end of the week or sooner. is this really late as it is? people getting acceptances already makes me feel iffy.
i dont think its too late for loyola. the way i understand it is, compared to other schools, they interview less people at a time (like only a few per interview day.) and interviews go well into spring. so i think they just fill their class more slowly than other schools. loyola is notoriously slow, i think they were the last school I completed. thats probably true for lots of people who applied there. don't sweat it. 👍
got acceptance just now!!!!
yayayay
i interviewed oct 5, for those who'd like a frame of reference.
yayayay
i interviewed oct 5, for those who'd like a frame of reference.
Last edited:
Acceptance as well! Interviewed early Oct 🙂
yes, interviewed with two other peoplei dont think its too late for loyola. the way i understand it is, compared to other schools, they interview less people at a time (like only a few per interview day.) and interviews go well into spring. so i think they just fill their class more slowly than other schools. loyola is notoriously slow, i think they were the last school I completed. thats probably true for lots of people who applied there. don't sweat it. 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Weird. I interviewed with about 12, must just be random, lolyes, interviewed with two other people
Btw, Kierkegaard, awesome SN!
For those who have received acceptances, have any of you gotten an acceptance packet yet?
when the dean called, i think he said it was getting mailed today. so would take a couple days.For those who have received acceptances, have any of you gotten an acceptance packet yet?
YAY acceptance here as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

- Status
- Not open for further replies.
