2009-2010 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well NY is also one of the more prestigious states.

does anyone know how the location of NYMC is? Or how accessible it is to rotate in NYC?

It's in Valhalla which is right near White Plains, which is probably a 30 minute train ride to Manhattan, 20 to the Bronx. I like Westchester...I don't think that it's boring and it's a hop skip and a leap away from NYC. Not to mention the cities in Westchester like Yonkers, White Plains, and New Roc are definitely not boring cities!

Members don't see this ad.

White plains is a great area, esp New Roc

fwiw, i really like the valhalla/white plains area. i dont think anyone would be disappointed going to NYMC.

Members don't see this ad :)
what they never tell you is that nymc is located next to a prison. NYMC is a good school though.

I haven't gotten this secondary yet :(

what they never tell you is that nymc is located next to a prison. NYMC is a good school though.

So? That's awesome IMO. Perhaps you could manage to get a few extra test subjects for any crazy thing you want to test :D

Or, extra cadavers.

So? That's awesome IMO. Perhaps you could manage to get a few extra test subjects for any crazy thing you want to test :D

Or, extra cadavers.

yeah, if the inmates don't kill you first.:rolleyes:

yeah, if the inmates don't kill you first.:rolleyes:

Hey who said I'm going in lol. Although, maybe I wouldn't mind if I was armed. I have this interest in owning a gun lol. Maybe I could be a Bond girl! hehehe :laugh:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Haha it's not that high security of a prison...I've had childhood friends end up at much scarier places :laugh: and I agree with camaras that it might result in more positives than negatives

If your concern is safety I can assure you that the majority of westchester (including where the hospital is) is safe. My 86 year old grandmother goes to that hospital on a regular basis with just her and my 4'11'' aunt...you'll be fine :laugh:

Yonkers on the other hand...:rolleyes: haha

so wait, what's the story? have secondaries been sent or not?

i grew up in the bronx.. valhalla is a cake walk compared. i'd rather be closer to a prison, more security = less chance of crime in the area

That is really strange...and kind of scary! What if an interview invite or acceptance email got lost in cyberspace??:eek:

i think that's why most schools send those by both email and snail mail.

Last edited:
Oh man, I'm really sorry. How did that story end? Are you reapplying?

wow...dude something somewhat similar happened to me at MCW this year!! whats with them. They sent my 2ndary on 6/29 and I literally never received it. It never went to spam or anything it just never came. Then on 7/10 I call MCW ask whats going on, they tell me they sent my seondary via email on 6/29 and they didnt know why I never got it. They resent it on 7/10 and I got it that day. Im totally paranoid about MCW now...im going to be calling them often haha.

Last edited:
My friend had this problem and it may be something with hotmail. He called them like you did and it got re-sent to him.

I'm using gmail to be safe...
damit, I should have used gmail, i use hotmail for this also....guess i might as well cross this school off my list or call them every month and be irritating lol.

Got mine again today. I got it the first time on the 16th but there was an error when I tried to pay. One of the other posters said he/she called and was told that they realized there was an error after sending it to ~25 people. Either way, the error seems to be fixed and I submitted today. It's a 5 minute secondary. Hope you guys get yours soon.

Got mine again today. I got it the first time on the 16th but there was an error when I tried to pay. One of the other posters said he/she called and was told that they realized there was an error after sending it to ~25 people. Either way, the error seems to be fixed and I submitted today. It's a 5 minute secondary. Hope you guys get yours soon.

No fair I want one!

im sure it well be here tomorrow you 2 :p. Its not like its involved anyways. Very easy to fill out! If only every school was like this...applying to 30+ would be much less of a chore :)

I spoke to admissions today. It will be sent out tomorrow or Wednesday...

Do they screen the applicants?.. If so, how?.. Whats the cut-off point?

Also do they have any optional essay?

Yay it should be coming today!

Who was the liar that said they got theirs already? Bleh!:mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.