2009-2010 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay it should be coming today!

Who was the liar that said they got theirs already? Bleh!:mad:

according to admissions?

im this spooked about secondaries, imagine interview season :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
then i can say it works, i was able to pay and submit without any error messages.

They are probably sending it out in small batches. We should all get it soon I think.

Somehow I ended up in the first batch of 25 and I called the Admissions Office after I kept getting error messages when I pressed submit. They fixed it up and my application was sent no problem. It's such a relief having an easy secondary. NYMC is awesome and the location is great!! Now for the interview :xf:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the NYMC secondary, probably will be done in 30 secs,lol, so easy, love it!. YAY

Me too! I've never been so hooked to my email though! grrrr. Where is it?!?!!!

Want to buy NYMC secondary, 5 dollars.

I thought they were using the AMCAS letter service? Do we really have to get our writers to send their letters directly to them?

Please ignore this... lol. Their instructions are different on the website.

Last edited:
So far I'm not impressed.

From the instructions on their website:
If your college does not have a Premedical Committee, Letters of Evaluation from three undergraduate professors including at least two from science (biology, chemistry, physics, biomedical engineering or bioengineering). These must come from faculty who have taught you in class or have supervised independent research for which you have received credit.

Notice that it doesn't say anything about a mandatory non-science letter, it just says that you need two science letters and three total letters. On the LOR part of the secondary though, it lists spots for 2 sci letters and 1 non-sci. I called about this and a very rude lady told me 1 non-science letter is required, and that everything I needed to know is in the instructions.
Uh, no it isn't.

So far I'm not impressed.

From the instructions on their website:

Notice that it doesn't say anything about a mandatory non-science letter, it just says that you need two science letters and three total letters. On the LOR part of the secondary though, it lists spots for 2 sci letters and 1 non-sci. I called about this and a very rude lady told me 1 non-science letter is required, and that everything I needed to know is in the instructions.
Uh, no it isn't.
whats with here and aecom they must hate students or something lol. Alwyas so rude. Apparently though this is something you should get used to if you are going to attend nymc.

whats with here and aecom they must hate students or something lol. Alwyas so rude. Apparently though this is something you should get used to if you are going to attend nymc.

The thing that bugged me most is that the lady was so annoyed and told me to read the instructions, but she told me something that contradicts the instructions. :thumbdown:

I thought they were using the AMCAS letter service? Do we really have to get our writers to send their letters directly to them?

Please ignore this... lol. Their instructions are different on the website.

Haha, so just to make sure. They DON'T use AMCAS LOE system so we have to get our letter writers to send everything to the address they provide? And it must have our AMCAS ID on each letter?

Thanks! =)

Haha, so just to make sure. They DON'T use AMCAS LOE system so we have to get our letter writers to send everything to the address they provide? And it must have our AMCAS ID on each letter?

Thanks! =)
no they DO use the AMCAS service.

no they DO use the AMCAS service.

lol. Thanks Elijah! So all we have to do is to type our evaluators names in and they can just download the letters from AMCAS right?
Sorry if this is repetitive, the instructions are confusing =)

lol. Thanks Elijah! So all we have to do is to type our evaluators names in and they can just download the letters from AMCAS right?
yap

Yep, the instructions are terrible.

Is anyone able to view the status page after submitting? Mine doesn't seem to be working.

I received the secondary this morning :)

This is probably a stupid question but when filling out the individual letter writers, what should you put under "Evaluator Title"? Should I put something like "professor of Biology"? or just "phD"? or how about even "Doctor of Philosophy in Science"? thanks for any help!

Has anyone called to find out what's the wait?!

status page works now, but the layout is terrible.

so for the non-science required letter.... my GSI wrote the letter with her name referenced everywhere, but only the professor signed it. should i just list the letter under the professor's name???

screw it. i just put both names as the writer.

About the LOR information:

My letters are being submitted as a packet, but does not include a Committee Letter (my school doesn't offer CL's anymore). Can I just type into "Committee Letter" since everything will be in one packet, or do I need to list each evaluator included in that packet???

[I tried to call admissions, but they just closed... stupid time change, EST]

About the LOR information:

My letters are being submitted as a packet, but does not include a Committee Letter (my school doesn't offer CL's anymore). Can I just type into "Committee Letter" since everything will be in one packet, or do I need to list each evaluator included in that packet???

[I tried to call admissions, but they just closed... stupid time change, EST]

I asked this to. According to the admissions lady you need to list them all individually. They seem pretty inconsistent though, so I wouldn't be surprised if you call and get a different answer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.