2009-2010 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't have it either. I am OOS and AMCAS confirmed 6/16.

Hurry up! :scared:

Me either, IS and verified the middle of june too

Members don't see this ad.

remember that all schools send stuff in batches guys. No school sends out 1000+ emails at one time. Everyone will get it eventually, its only time to worry if say mid august you still dont have it and you were verified in early july or something.

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
I got verified early to beat the rush. So I hope they send out in batches according to the order of being verified. Probably not.

I was verified the day after AMCAS opened and I still don't have my secondary. So I don't think it is going by verification. Wish it was though. I just want to be done with this one and on to the waiting game.

I was verified the day after AMCAS opened and I still don't have my secondary. So I don't think it is going by verification. Wish it was though. I just want to be done with this one and on to the waiting game.

same, it seems so random. i want this secondary too :confused:

Still don't have mine, verified june 15th

Didn't get one yet....I have the MCAT in a week and I can't stop thinking about secondaries lol............

this is the only one i would like to see in my inbox on monday :)

When filling out the LORs, are the credit hours supposed to be given as semester hours or quarter hours?

also, what if we want to submit LORs from PIs we conducted research with. Is that allowed? how does one include that in the application since it still asks for course names and credits earned, etc.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
this is the only one i would like to see in my inbox on monday :)

Me too! I totally want an easy one to do right now instead of all these Q's on how "special" I am and what I can contribute to X school. Does being a neurotic pre-med count? :(

Absolutely :thumbup:
lol. I'm pretty sure that it would be a very "special" reply. However, I have been told that I should assume admin committees have absolutely no sense of humor and go from there. Although, I'm certain that they realize that they're admitting thousands of neurotic pre-meds every year. :cool:

lol. I'm pretty sure that it would be a very "special" reply. However, I have been told that I should assume admin committees have absolutely no sense of humor and go from there. Although, I'm certain that they realize that they're admitting thousands of neurotic pre-meds every year. :cool:

They have a sense of humor. They often have huge laughs when they see an applicant that has no chance at their school. It turns into one of those "Hey! Hey Ted! Have you seen Applicant 19483274??!?!!? :lol::rofl:" situations.

Probably not the sense of humor you are looking for. :p

They have a sense of humor. They often have huge laughs when they see an applicant that has no chance at their school. It turns into one of those "Hey! Hey Ted! Have you seen Applicant 19483274??!?!!? :lol::rofl:" situations.

Probably not the sense of humor you are looking for. :p

this is terrible!! im scared my mcat might make them lol a bit but they'll get over it ;)

Me too! I totally want an easy one to do right now instead of all these Q's on how "special" I am and what I can contribute to X school. Does being a neurotic pre-med count? :(

we should write im indescribable- you wont know me until you meet me in person, now send me an interview invite :smuggrin:

this is terrible!! im scared my mcat might make them lol a bit but they'll get over it ;)

haha you will be fine - you should send a pic of your avatar with your apps, esp with the ones that ask for picture upload. they will see a whole new level of dedication to medicine.

Am i the only one who has gotten this?

i got it last week.

Apparently you guys are among the few. Last I heard, they are STILL sending in batches to test glitches or something. Evidently their system doesn't come close to the ones I'm more familiar with, lol.

Apparently you guys are among the few. Last I heard, they are STILL sending in batches to test glitches or something. Evidently their system doesn't come close to the ones I'm more familiar with, lol.
does that mean im special ?:)

hahahahahhaha ok i dont like you anymore lol

and you totally assumed i was a guy; im not ;)

I KNEW IT! that's why i told you about the send your avatar pic thing!! No guy could get away with that lol

:highfive:

lol oh really ok not so scary...and wth i could have sworn you were a guy!!!! wow camaras do i fail or what....thats 0/2...i think when i sent you a pm mcat i refered to you as a guy too haha....sorry i suck :(

maybe for now on im better off assuming everyone is a woman....:confused:

lol oh really ok not so scary...and wth i could have sworn you were a guy!!!! wow camaras do i fail or what....thats 0/2...i think when i sent you a pm mcat i refered to you as a guy too haha....sorry i suck :(

haha yea i know i was gonna clear that up but it somehow slipped, worth the laugh though :p

lol yup. I guess it is possible to not know oneMCAT, cuz the avatar is sort of not gender-specific (but not really lol). i had a pic and u still failed. :laugh:

lol yup. I guess it is possible to not know oneMCAT, cuz the avatar is sort of not gender-specific (but not really lol). i had a pic and u still failed. :laugh:

i guess my name is not girly enough loll i wish i could change it now i cant get away from mcat forever :oops:

lol never gonna let me forget that are you...:(, i should have assumed no guy would use that dog anyways as an avatar...i think all these 2ndaries turned my mind to mush :(

i guess my name is not girly enough loll i wish i could change it now i cant get away from mcat forever :oops:

If you become a donor (even the $10 one), you can apply for a name change! Just FYI! Or you can just make the avatar of you like I did. Even tho poor Elijah still might miss it :p

Nope! See my previous post! But no need to :( about it... :laugh: about it! :thumbup:
lol ok :p. this thread got way off track again....like always when this starts :laugh:...i should get off sdn now i guess anyways...i have a 10 pg lab report due in like 7 hours :(

lol ok :p. this thread got way off track again....like always when this starts :laugh:...i should get off sdn now i guess anyways...i have a 10 pg lab report due in like 7 hours :(

Oh mannnnnn thats :lame: :thumbdown:

Good luck with that!

When filling out the LORs, are the credit hours supposed to be given as semester hours or quarter hours?

also, what if we want to submit LORs from PIs we conducted research with. Is that allowed? how does one include that in the application since it still asks for course names and credits earned, etc

and finally, for professors, should the title be written as Ph.D or as Professor of Something?

THANKS!!

Last edited:

also, what if we want to submit LORs from PIs we conducted research with. Is that allowed? how does one include that in the application since it still asks for course names and credits earned, etc

and finally, for professors, should the title be written as Ph.D or as Professor of Something?

THANKS!!

Once you submit the first page of LOR writers, there is a second page that allows you to put down optional letters.

seriously maybe nymc forgot that i also applied here, where is my secondary :mad:

Once you submit the first page of LOR writers, there is a second page that allows you to put down optional letters.

right, but it isn't someone I took a class with. it's someone i work for. should i just put N/A for the course number and credits?

Status
Not open for further replies.