2009-2010 University of Vermont Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I just want to wish you luck on getting off the wl!

Members don't see this ad.

Second that. I don't think there's been much movement lately. I've been looking at the Facebook group too...and not as many people as I had expected added on.

I don't know if this will make you more neurotic, but if you have time on your hands, take a peek at last year's UVM thread and read what people were posting last year around this time. It's pretty interesting to see history repeat itself.:)

I did check out the 2008-2009 thread. It just makes me feel more on edge. Trying to have a relaxing Sunday. :eek:

I did check out the 2008-2009 thread. It just makes me feel more on edge. Trying to have a relaxing Sunday. :eek:

I've heard from former students who know ppl that got in June, July, and even August. Don't know exactly how many tho.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard from former students who know ppl that got in June, July, and even August. Don't know exactly how many tho.

I've heard that as well. Actually, the three students I met during the interview were all admitted very late in June. That's positive good news, but a hard wait!

I have heard exactly the same thing about August - one of the students at my interview got in 2 days before school started I believe. I realize that is hardly helpful though for planning...

I have heard exactly the same thing about August - one of the students at my interview got in 2 days before school started I believe. I realize that is hardly helpful though for planning...

I heard the same thing from an alum, whose two friends were accepted the week before school started and had to stay in hotels for the first week of school.

Funny how everyone knows someone who was accepted later. But yes, that's good news for us. :D:D:D

Sorry PorpoiseMD for making you more on edge! :(:(:( But as someone said earlier, think happy thoughts...happy thoughts. :thumbup:;):thumbup:

(going emoticon crazy)

To piggyback off of what was just said, UVM definitely has a reputation of taking people later in the summer... one of the students I stayed with during my interview was accepted just 3 weeks before school started... just stay positive and you might even want to stay looking for places now to keep in mind, housing in burlington is tricky!

I've been stalking this thread for a while, but haven't posted anything yet. I feel compelled to now because I am going crazy over here! CRAZY! This wait is absolutely KILLING me. UVM, please love me...

Here's hoping we have a lot of movement this week! Good luck everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess later is better than never, but I want to hear something soon! I wonder if they're accepting ppl who were waitlisted earlier? I was put on the waitlist in April, I hope that doesn't matter.

I guess later is better than never, but I want to hear something soon! I wonder if they're accepting ppl who were waitlisted earlier? I was put on the waitlist in April, I hope that doesn't matter.

I think they've already started accepting ppl from April waitlist.

Just found out this morning. Now I have a choice between here and another school... decisions decisions. Good luck to the rest of you all

I hear really good things about "another school" jk, congrats!

yeah i heard that too.. "another school" is freakin awesome. haha

Congrats, though.

I need a little mojo to come my way!

If you could make a guess, how many people do you think are on the waitlist now?

Oh man, if facebook is up to 77 that is a bad sign. I'm sure there's still quite a few people out there either dont have facebook or who wouldn't bother to join that group. That means they've just about approached class limit on people going...Ah well I'm still holding out hope. :) Good luck everyone. Oh and bringindafunk, I hear nothing but good things about 'another school' too :p.

Oh man, if facebook is up to 77 that is a bad sign. I'm sure there's still quite a few people out there either dont have facebook or who wouldn't bother to join that group. That means they've just about approached class limit on people going...Ah well I'm still holding out hope. :) Good luck everyone. Oh and bringindafunk, I hear nothing but good things about 'another school' too :p.

I know it seems bad, but people come and go as they get off the waitlist at their top schools. I bet some number of people who at this point are sure they're going to UVM withdraw in the coming months as they get into other schools. It's going to be slow going from here on out, but I still think the list will move.

i know it seems bad, but people come and go as they get off the waitlist at their top schools. I bet some number of people who at this point are sure they're going to uvm withdraw in the coming months as they get into other schools. It's going to be slow going from here on out, but i still think the list will move.

qft

I don't see why this is bad news, aren't there 100+ spots? some people haven't joined but some people are probably upperclassmen or going to go somewhere else...I'm surprised there aren't more people in the fb group. that said, I am losing hope a bit. sigh

I don't see why this is bad news, aren't there 100+ spots? some people haven't joined but some people are probably upperclassmen or going to go somewhere else...I'm surprised there aren't more people in the fb group. that said, I am losing hope a bit. sigh

It's a class of 2014 facebook page.

I knew I shouldn't have started naming names. :(

Corrected version: *me, niner, LittleBun, nmb, brooksie, PorpoiseMD, FootDrop, and dadocca. And whoever else I forgot. :p

So, $5 says one of the people from the aforementioned list will make it off before June 1st.

So you may lose this bet then. :\

I got time still. If not, I'll buy you guys something at the Orchid Buffet when we all eventually get in. :p

Any good news yet for anyone? :)

***************Thinking positive thoughts******************

:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Any good news yet for anyone? :)

***************Thinking positive thoughts******************

:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Not yet... I'm preparing to NOT be in UVM this fall. Starting applications again, finding a new job, etc.

If I get in, awesome... but I think its time to start looking at other options.

It appears I owe you guys $5 each. However, I'm so confident we'll get in that I'll double up for July 1st, 2010. $10 says this is our month.

Well it was a long/holiday weekend so thats probably why there hasn't been much movement in the last couple days. I definitely don't think the class is full ... Keep the faith!

It appears I owe you guys $5 each. However, I'm so confident we'll get in that I'll double up for July 1st, 2010. $10 says this is our month.

Hahaha, alright, sounds good. That will buy me 2 orders of 20-piece chicken nuggets from McDonald's.

Yes, keep the faith. Let's not lose hope just yet, but having a back-up plan is a good way to go. If it happens, great (!!!!!!!!!!!!). If not, we'll keep trying for this next cycle.

Hopefully, there will be movement in the coming weeks.:nod::woot:

Has anybody thought about calling the director of admissions or even the dean about their candidacy?

Has anybody thought about calling the director of admissions or even the dean about their candidacy?

Seeing as they tell you that they do not rank here, what exactly could they tell you about your individual chances?

Seeing as they tell you that they do not rank here, what exactly could they tell you about your individual chances?

O i forgot it was unranked. I guess cant say much except that you're still interested.

hi :) i just had a question out of curiosity...i know this really isn't the time or place to post, but does vermont handle rejections (pre-interview) by just not telling you anything? this is very old hat but just wanted to know if something got lost somewhere or that's just their way of doing things....thank you! :D

hi :) i just had a question out of curiosity...i know this really isn't the time or place to post, but does vermont handle rejections (pre-interview) by just not telling you anything? this is very old hat but just wanted to know if something got lost somewhere or that's just their way of doing things....thank you! :D

I think you need to check the online applicant center. others (rejected pre-int) have posted that it said something to the effect of the interview season has now come to a close.

I think you need to check the online applicant center. others (rejected pre-int) have posted that it said something to the effect of the interview season has now come to a close.

hey thanks a lot!!! :) that's exactly what it said lol what a dummy. guess i got so caught up in expecting an email like all the other places that i completely forgot about that. thanks again, and good luck =]

Status
Not open for further replies.