-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Wake Forest University Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I still have yet to get any email from Wake after receiving emails giving me my status info and access to the secondary. I found out I was complete by checking online, not by email. Odd.
Yeah, they suck when it comes to keeping you updated.
Yeah, they suck when it comes to keeping you updated.
No...they're awesome at keeping you updated, you just need to check their site yourself. I think most schools don't email you every status update.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No...they're awesome at keeping you updated, you just need to check their site yourself. I think most schools don't email you every status update.
I remember last year that several people found out they had interviews by logging on and checking their status. Had they not checked, they'd be ****ed. Most schools update you by email.
I remember last year that several people found out they had interviews by logging on and checking their status. Had they not checked, they'd be ****ed. Most schools update you by email.
This is how I found out.
Also,
from Winston-Salem!This is how I found out.
Also,from Winston-Salem!
Haha, nice. Well good luck with your interview.👍
I used the link to check status from the email they sent. The IDs they are sending me don't work. Anyone else having this problem? Can someone post the link? idk what I am doing wrong
I used the link to check status from the email they sent. The IDs they are sending me don't work. Anyone else having this problem? Can someone post the link? idk what I am doing wrong
The link and IDs work, they just have a crappy server/program that's very error-prone. Try again with a different browser or later or something.
Hey for those of you who got the email about the interview pool yesterday, did your status online change? Mine still says "Your application is complete. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview." Did any of you have a different status?
Hey for those of you who got the email about the interview pool yesterday, did your status online change? Mine still says "Your application is complete. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview." Did any of you have a different status?
I had that status before and after receiving the emails.
The status site is https://www.hrfin.wfubmc.edu:8022/psp/pspro/EMPLOYEE/EMPL/h/?tab=PAPP_GUEST, which was in the first email I received from Wake, letting me know they got my primary. That email also contains your User ID and Application Number, which you'll need to get your status.
interview invite!
i was complete 8/14, and then given the "hold" status about a week or two after completion. i'd sent them an email about my status 9/18, and they told me i was in "AN interview pool." kind of lost hope after that, so this came as a total surprise.
stats for those who are curious: OOS, 3.87c, 3.79s, 35mcat.
i was complete 8/14, and then given the "hold" status about a week or two after completion. i'd sent them an email about my status 9/18, and they told me i was in "AN interview pool." kind of lost hope after that, so this came as a total surprise.
stats for those who are curious: OOS, 3.87c, 3.79s, 35mcat.
I had that status before and after receiving the emails.
same
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had that status before and after receiving the emails.
I had the same status before and after the email as well. This also happened with other schools so I guess this process is a little more manual than we think.
Not sure about my chances, but I'm hoping b/c I love this school. I'm a non-trad (30 with MBA and finance career, biochem undergrad), OOS, 32S (not too shabby for not having the classes for 10-12 years if you ask me!) Good luck to everyone.
same
Hey guys,
I have the same status that you guys are talking about, but never received the interview pool emails. Do you think this means I didn't make it into one and they just haven't rejected me yet?
What do you guys think?
This is how I found out.
Also,from Winston-Salem!
Good luck! You might actually be interviewing as I type this message! Hope you like Wake! 🙂
I called Wake last week and was told that I was in an interview pool, and to wait. I asked them if I was in the top one, and they told me no, but that my pool was continually reviewed. I pretty much figured I was SOL, but I got an interview today.
So don't lose hope if you're not in the top pool!
So don't lose hope if you're not in the top pool!
waitlisted🙁 better than a rejection at least...
You already got your interview feedback???!!!
You already got your interview feedback???!!!
Yup, they sent me an email about an hour ago
when you interviewed did they tell you that they were going to decide this early or did they say oct 15th?Yup, they sent me an email about an hour ago
when you interviewed did they tell you that they were going to decide this early or did they say oct 15th?
this early- when i was there they told us the committee was meeting on the 30th and we'd know today or tomorrow.
oh ok just wondering b/c I interviewed a couple days after you and they said don't expect anything before oct 15th (which is the normal day anyway)!
waitlisted🙁 better than a rejection at least...
Hey Jackson1, do you mind sharing your stats with us? Wake seems to be so rigorous! Ahh!!
I seem to remember that since they interview so few applicants, everyone who isn't accepted right away is placed on the waitlist and is under active consideration through March
Ya that's exactly what it said in the email-it said that if you're really interested to send them a letter/keep in contact and that I'd be under consideration during each adcom meeting
Hey Jackson1, do you mind sharing your stats with us? Wake seems to be so rigorous! Ahh!!
Sure-3.9/31 OOS...it seems to me like Wake isn't so much about the numbers though. Much more about how well you fit with their school and how likely you are to actually attend (which is why I get the impression they put a lot of people on the waitlist at first until you show serious interest)
Hey guys, I'm considering adding Wake - I'd LOVE to go there, but not sure if I meet their LOR requirements. I read the prompt on the first page a few times and I'm still confused.
What does "two evaluators - one science, one non-science" mean? Can a non-science evaluator be someone who isn't in academics at all? Cause I don't have any non-science profs who can write me letters, but I have some awesome volunteer recs.
What does "two evaluators - one science, one non-science" mean? Can a non-science evaluator be someone who isn't in academics at all? Cause I don't have any non-science profs who can write me letters, but I have some awesome volunteer recs.
I called Wake last week to ask about my status, and I received the familiar "you are in an interview pool that is continually being reviewed" response. But the woman suggested I write a letter of interest to help my chances at receiving an interview. And I'll be in area this fall interviewing for Duke (and it's a long trek from LA, so I'd like to make it as few times as possible), so I'd also like to drop an "in the area" note. Does anyone know if they are open to emailing these sorts of things, or is it the sort of thing that should be snail-mailed? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, I mean I haven't gotten any of the emails post-submission that others have gotten. I have no problem checking their site myself, but it's just a little puzzling why most people are getting complete emails and these update emails and I'm not.No...they're awesome at keeping you updated, you just need to check their site yourself. I think most schools don't email you every status update.
Hey guys, I'm considering adding Wake - I'd LOVE to go there, but not sure if I meet their LOR requirements. I read the prompt on the first page a few times and I'm still confused.
What does "two evaluators - one science, one non-science" mean? Can a non-science evaluator be someone who isn't in academics at all? Cause I don't have any non-science profs who can write me letters, but I have some awesome volunteer recs.
I believe it must be an academic professor (humanities, social sciences, etc). You can supplement the two professor LOR with the volunteer rec.
me and ksmi interviewed today. fun times. one of the interviewers was slightly opinionated and aggressive in his questioning so...provided we all survived his scrutiny...it'll all be good.
and if you get waitlisted and really want to go there you can probably just hound them until they give you an acceptance. that'd probably work.
and if you get waitlisted and really want to go there you can probably just hound them until they give you an acceptance. that'd probably work.
me and ksmi interviewed today. fun times. one of the interviewers was slightly opinionated and aggressive in his questioning so...provided we all survived his scrutiny...it'll all be good.
and if you get waitlisted and really want to go there you can probably just hound them until they give you an acceptance. that'd probably work.
Yeah, what he said. Generally pretty chill interviews. A little weird because all they know about you is your personal statement and your Wake secondary essays. And the interviews are 15 minutes, so it's very in and out.
and the Greensboro airport doesn't have a lot to do in it so plan ahead
and the Greensboro airport doesn't have a lot to do in it so plan ahead
You mean hanging out with me for 4 hours wasn't thrilling???? 🙁
You mean hanging out with me for 4 hours wasn't thrilling???? 🙁
Oh it was! I'm just warning those who unfortunately won't have your presence 😀
So for the last question of the secondary, did you guys take that as a "why are you the best fit, why Wake?" sort of question, or is it really just an update section, or explain any discrepancy kind of thing?
I'm asking everyone who reads this, but I bet those who got interviews probably have a good idea of what they're looking for here
thanks!
I'm asking everyone who reads this, but I bet those who got interviews probably have a good idea of what they're looking for here
thanks!
me and ksmi interviewed today. fun times. one of the interviewers was slightly opinionated and aggressive in his questioning so...provided we all survived his scrutiny...it'll all be good.
and if you get waitlisted and really want to go there you can probably just hound them until they give you an acceptance. that'd probably work.
haha it seems to me like that would work too...get ready to be annoyed wake!😛
So for the last question of the secondary, did you guys take that as a "why are you the best fit, why Wake?" sort of question, or is it really just an update section, or explain any discrepancy kind of thing?
I'm asking everyone who reads this, but I bet those who got interviews probably have a good idea of what they're looking for here
thanks!
I did a "why wake" essay.
btw, did anyone else get a decision yesterday?? I can't possibly be the only one haha
So for the last question of the secondary, did you guys take that as a "why are you the best fit, why Wake?" sort of question, or is it really just an update section, or explain any discrepancy kind of thing?
I'm asking everyone who reads this, but I bet those who got interviews probably have a good idea of what they're looking for here
thanks!
I used it to explain "discrepancies" I suppose.
Why did you need to be at the airport for 4 hours?
Another one of the applicants was kind enough to drop us off at the airport and consequently we got there pretty early.
So for the last question of the secondary, did you guys take that as a "why are you the best fit, why Wake?" sort of question, or is it really just an update section, or explain any discrepancy kind of thing?
I'm asking everyone who reads this, but I bet those who got interviews probably have a good idea of what they're looking for here
thanks!
Wasn't it optional? I'm not sure that I did it at all.
Wasn't it optional? I'm not sure that I did it at all.
Yes, and I didn't do it, either, and have an interview coming up.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright, I'll get this part of the party started:
Rejected Post-interview.
Sorry you didn't love me Wake.
It would have been fun.
Called to find out that 2/3 of my interview committee "really liked me." That third PhD though, not so much.
Oh well.
all! It's been fun!
Rejected Post-interview.
Sorry you didn't love me Wake.
It would have been fun.
Called to find out that 2/3 of my interview committee "really liked me." That third PhD though, not so much.
Oh well.
all! It's been fun!Alright, I'll get this part of the party started:
Rejected Post-interview.
Sorry you didn't love me Wake.
It would have been fun.
Called to find out that 2/3 of my interview committee "really liked me." That third PhD though, not so much.
Oh well.
all! It's been fun!
That seems crazy that 1 bad one out of 3 would result in a straight rejection and not even a waitlist. I'm sure you'll have plenty other options though so keep your head up🙂
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
