You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Cornell University (Weill) Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to all who got the good news!
for the rest of us! 
for the rest of us! 
ACCEPTED WOOOOOOOOO!!!
The email was really weird...it didn't even contain the school name "Weill Cornell" until the very bottom - thought it was a prank.
The email was really weird...it didn't even contain the school name "Weill Cornell" until the very bottom - thought it was a prank.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just called the admission office. They said that they will be sending acceptances over the next few days, as they come out of committee Good luck to all
I really hope this isn't the same version as Harvard's "we'll be releasing acceptances through the week" 😉 - LIES! haha
I really hope this isn't the same version as Harvard's "we'll be releasing acceptances through the week" 😉 - LIES! haha
Especially since last year, a ton of SDN acceptances came out on the 3rd, then a mass of WL emails came out on the 4th. (Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer, but past is prologue...)
Yeah, I was fine until someone got their acceptance now I'm an nervous wreck
. I hope what they said about the next few days was true. 
. I hope what they said about the next few days was true. 
Yeah, I was fine until someone got their acceptance now I'm an nervous wreck. I hope what they said about the next few days was true.
![]()
Yeah I wish I could be really optimistic about that. It just seems that everytime an adcom says they will spread things out, and oh yes, more are coming, it is never true. Cornell is only 100 students per class. Why spread out the initial acceptance emails? Unless they really are emailing them out as the committee decides. Which would be a bit bizarre. Most just wait till they have total class selected, don't they? If not, may as well go totally rolling admissions.
I'm skeptical yet hopeful...
Especially since I had a super-late interview date, which allows me to hang onto the hope that the order files are reviewed/decisions are made has something to do with interview order. Did anyone who received an acceptance thus far interview in February?
Especially since I had a super-late interview date, which allows me to hang onto the hope that the order files are reviewed/decisions are made has something to do with interview order. Did anyone who received an acceptance thus far interview in February?
+1, I interviewed late Feb. and haven't heard anything.I'm skeptical yet hopeful...
Especially since I had a super-late interview date, which allows me to hang onto the hope that the order files are reviewed/decisions are made has something to do with interview order. Did anyone who received an acceptance thus far interview in February?
I interviewed Jan 18, hope that helps!
Congrats to everyone who got accepted!
No email for me today... I interviewed in September, would you all suppose these March acceptances come from only the post-December interview pool?
No email for me today... I interviewed in September, would you all suppose these March acceptances come from only the post-December interview pool?
Congrats guys! Any change in your status online?
Congrats to everyone who got accepted!
No email for me today... I interviewed in September, would you all suppose these March acceptances come from only the post-December interview pool?
No, march acceptances are for everybody...
No change in online status - it just says "Thank you for interviewing, decisions emailed in March.."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed before december and heard back today.Congrats to everyone who got accepted!
No email for me today... I interviewed in September, would you all suppose these March acceptances come from only the post-December interview pool?
Nothing yet.Congrats guys! Any change in your status online?
Congrats to everyone who got accepted!
No email for me today... I interviewed in September, would you all suppose these March acceptances come from only the post-December interview pool?
I interviewed here a little over a month ago, and I remember someone in the admissions office told my group that December acceptances were for the select group of people whose two interviewers both happened to be present at a pre-December admissions committee meeting.
So even if you interviewed before December, you could still definitely have a shot.
Last edited:
I interviewed here a little over a month ago, and I remember someone in the admissions office told my group that December acceptances were for the select group of people whose two interviewers both happened to be present at a pre-December admissions committee meeting.
So even if you interviewed before December, you could still definitely have a shot.
Thanks everyone, glad to know there's still a chance!
And, again, congrats to everyone who got in today! Weill Cornell is an awesome place! 👍
Got the acceptance at 8am this morning, flipped naturally because it was my first choice.
i interviewed in november and had sent a letter to Lori explaining that Cornell was my dream school in December. January I sent an update letter.
Good luck guys!!
and congrats to my future classmates here 🙂
i interviewed in november and had sent a letter to Lori explaining that Cornell was my dream school in December. January I sent an update letter.
Good luck guys!!
and congrats to my future classmates here 🙂
interviewed in early december (no in-the-area email) - no update letter or letter of interest since I really thought I did horribly in the interview...wasn't expecting too much
I really don't want to be a killjoy but I'm itching to place bets that tomorrow begins the mass of WL emails. I quite honestly don't buy this whole "we'll be releasing decisions throughout the week" thing. =/
I really don't want to be a killjoy but I'm itching to place bets that tomorrow begins the mass of WL emails. I quite honestly don't buy this whole "we'll be releasing decisions throughout the week" thing. =/
agreed. would love an acceptance though haha.
I really don't want to be a killjoy but I'm itching to place bets that tomorrow begins the mass of WL emails. I quite honestly don't buy this whole "we'll be releasing decisions throughout the week" thing. =/
Let us try to be a bit optimistic for the faint of heart (me)
I really don't want to be a killjoy but I'm itching to place bets that tomorrow begins the mass of WL emails. I quite honestly don't buy this whole "we'll be releasing decisions throughout the week" thing. =/
Same here, no email today. However, I am 100 percent sure tomorrow will be WL and rejection emails (from the past two years).
Just got the waitlist email. Sweet!
just got the waitlist email. Sweet!
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the waitlist email. Sweet!
nothin yet for me...just one batch of e-mails each day you think? interesting. or maybe i'm getting a rejection later today/tomorrow?
Nothing for me yet either.. I just called the admissions office, and they actually said they were working on another batch. (spoke with 2 different people) So basically.. I'm either accepted, waitlisted, or rejected -- ALL OVER AGAIN haha
well hopefully there actually are acceptances in this "second batch"! Thanks for calling, gray. Most appreciated.
For those who got the emails today, when did you interview? I was wondering whether those of us who interviewed at the bitter end were included in this batch of acceptance/waitlist emails.
Congrats to all who were accepted, and to those on the waitlist, GOOD LUCK!
Congrats to all who were accepted, and to those on the waitlist, GOOD LUCK!
I interviewed in mid December.
I interviewed last week of February, haha.. maybe they are doing them in order?
I don't think they are... Someone was accepted yesterday who interviewed Jan 18th.
I wonder if they really will send another batch of acceptances or if it will be Acceptances yesterday, Waitlists today and Rejections tomorrow 🙂
I wonder if they really will send another batch of acceptances or if it will be Acceptances yesterday, Waitlists today and Rejections tomorrow 🙂
very possible. that would seem to make the most sense from their end.
Accepted in the first batch yesterday morning. (October interview.) I'm super excited--Cornell has just jumped to the top of my list. Anyone know if there's a facebook group yet?
For those still waiting: good luck! (There weren't a ton of acceptances posted here, so there may well be another batch...)
For those still waiting: good luck! (There weren't a ton of acceptances posted here, so there may well be another batch...)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just received waitlist email, interviewed one of the last possible days.
(I'm actually pleased to be waitlisted, is that bad?)
(I'm actually pleased to be waitlisted, is that bad?)
Just received the wait list e-mail.
Just received waitlist email, interviewed one of the last possible days.
(I'm actually pleased to be waitlisted, is that bad?)
postmark time the same? another mass email? still nothing here. sheesh.
Waitlisted here as well. Pretty disappointed. Oh well, more waiting I guess.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K