You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Cornell University (Weill) Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
It appears to be school dependent; some are strict with 11:59PM on Sunday, others are changing to a reasonable time on Monday. Unless anybody has specific information for Cornell I would send the e-mail by 11:59PM on Sunday to ensure you retain your deposit.
Keep in mind, the document pa18 linked to begins "The AAMC recommends that:"
These aren't AAMC requirements; they're recommendations.
Keep in mind, the document pa18 linked to begins "The AAMC recommends that:"
These aren't AAMC requirements; they're recommendations.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wooot!
I received my acceptance email at 12:30pm today. See you other acceptees in the fall!
For anyone who is interested I sent a letter of interest a few weeks ago and then contacted both of my interviewers last week. I sent a letter of intent on Saturday, but to be honest, I am sure they haven't received it yet.
Good luck to the rest of you!
I received my acceptance email at 12:30pm today. See you other acceptees in the fall!
For anyone who is interested I sent a letter of interest a few weeks ago and then contacted both of my interviewers last week. I sent a letter of intent on Saturday, but to be honest, I am sure they haven't received it yet.
Good luck to the rest of you!
ACCEPTED off waitlist 12:30pm
Congrats both of you! Were you notified by email or phone call?Wooot!
I received my acceptance email at 12:30pm today. See you other acceptees in the fall!
For anyone who is interested I sent a letter of interest a few weeks ago and then contacted both of my interviewers last week. I sent a letter of intent on Saturday, but to be honest, I am sure they haven't received it yet.
Good luck to the rest of you!
Thanks for posting and congrats again.synthase I was notified by email
for more action!Out of curiousity, did you two receive the "are you still interested in Cornell?" email last week?
Do these new acceptances usually go by rounds?
I hope so. Hoping they didn't give out too many wl acceptances yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the heads up lex and congrats! Here's to hoping there's another round comingyes they go by rounds We are given 1 week to reply so next round will be in about 10 days from now

Must... hold... on... to... hope...
But really, congrats to everyone accepted off the waitlist so far. Here's hoping for some good news next week
But really, congrats to everyone accepted off the waitlist so far. Here's hoping for some good news next week

yes they go by rounds We are given 1 week to reply so next round will be in about 10 days from now
Unless they've changed their practices this year, I wouldn't be so sure invitations come out in rounds. Did you get this information from the admissions office?
According to available historical documents (see old SDN threads), invitations from the wait list are rolling.
i was accepted yesterday! sooooo happy and excited!! best day ever.
Congrats fallfeather!!! That's awesome news! Just a quick question though, did you by chance receive the infamous "are you interested" email? I'm beginning to think that that email doesn't have anything to do with our chances of getting in... Congrats again to you and all who've been accepted!i was accepted yesterday! sooooo happy and excited!! best day ever.
I was just accepted yesterday too!! They give you a week to decide. I really need help! Columbia or Cornell? Obviously Cornell location is better. Besides that, what do people think? Help!
I'm a tiny bit annoyed that Cornell is so little.
There is practically no gym! no pool! I need to find my own yoga class, and pool..
However, the location is better, I feel like since it is so small, and not situationed within a giant university, you live more like a young worker in NYC and are thrust into the city more, vs. a more sheltered existence.
(I didn't apply to Columbia so I don't know much about it)
There is practically no gym! no pool! I need to find my own yoga class, and pool..
However, the location is better, I feel like since it is so small, and not situationed within a giant university, you live more like a young worker in NYC and are thrust into the city more, vs. a more sheltered existence.
(I didn't apply to Columbia so I don't know much about it)
Are other people bothered by the lack of activity on this thread? Any recent waitlist movement?
Are other people bothered by the lack of activity on this thread? Any recent waitlist movement?
Just accepted off the waitlist today. Working on a decision. Manhattan is perfect for me, just trying to decide if Cornell can be as well.
Hahaha, lightning quick response, love it. Congrats and good luck on your decision!Just accepted off the waitlist today. Working on a decision. Manhattan is perfect for me, just trying to decide if Cornell can be as well.
Just accepted off the waitlist today. Working on a decision. Manhattan is perfect for me, just trying to decide if Cornell can be as well.
What do people think about the getting out at 1pm feature at Cornell? It seems kinda amazing--like, wouldn't it be nice to have the ENTIRE afternoon off every day to get work done, go to the gym, do anything you want? It seems like Cornell is one of the only schools to do this. Is this a serious perk? Or do the kids just have to teach more to themselves and therefore study more during that free time?
It definitely is nice to have the entire afternoon off to myself. There is just a little homework to do 😉 , but there's plenty time to just live!What do people think about the getting out at 1pm feature at Cornell? It seems kinda amazing--like, wouldn't it be nice to have the ENTIRE afternoon off every day to get work done, go to the gym, do anything you want?
The lectures cover pretty much everything you need to know and more. You are responsible for a little self- and group-learning, but in terms of the quizzes it doesn't amount to much. This is MUCH better than ending the day at 3-4PM, and then having to start studying.It seems like Cornell is one of the only schools to do this. Is this a serious perk? Or do the kids just have to teach more to themselves and therefore study more during that free time?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do people think about the getting out at 1pm feature at Cornell? It seems kinda amazing--like, wouldn't it be nice to have the ENTIRE afternoon off every day to get work done, go to the gym, do anything you want? It seems like Cornell is one of the only schools to do this. Is this a serious perk? Or do the kids just have to teach more to themselves and therefore study more during that free time?
As far as I know that ends by second year, so it doesn't seem like that much of a benefit in the long run...
Withdrew my acceptance today guys, good luck to everyone else.
Accepted off the waitlist at 2:16 pm EST yesterday!!!
edit: I guess I have drugsarefuÑ to thank? hahahhhha
edit: I guess I have drugsarefuÑ to thank? hahahhhha
withdrew my acceptance, hope someone on SDN gets that spot =D
+1thanks guys![]()
Any recent movement for waitlisters?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K