-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Loyola (Stritch) Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
same here. Expect I did 30+ schools this time and already have 4 interviews.As a reapp I did 30 in hindsight it was way overkill because I actually got 4 interviews fast. But considering last time I got none I was just going for it. Not fun, not cheap, but you do what you have to do.
same here. Expect I did 30+ schools this time and already have 4 interviews.
You guys are lucky! I did 30+ and am at 2 (matches how many I had last cycle though). I know a few people who applied to 10-20 and already have 5 or 6 invites.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You guys are lucky! I did 30+ and am at 2 (matches how many I had last cycle though). I know a few people who applied to 10-20 and already have 5 or 6 invites.
Ditto! I only have two with 30 schoools...oh well. Things will hopefully pick up soon...if not, then c'est la vie.
You guys are lucky! I did 30+ and am at 2 (matches how many I had last cycle though). I know a few people who applied to 10-20 and already have 5 or 6 invites.
Ditto! I only have two with 30 schoools...oh well. Things will hopefully pick up soon...if not, then c'est la vie.
Two here as well! And starting to feel inadequate with all these SDN people with 4+ interviews... 🙁
Sorry the two interviews from last year didn't work out for you, OGMD. Were they late in the season?
Two here as well! And starting to feel inadequate with all these SDN people with 4+ interviews... 🙁
Sorry the two interviews from last year didn't work out for you, OGMD. Were they late in the season?
We in this boat of two can be happy with our two. I am getting jealous and feeling like "omg wtf is wrong with my app" with "only two and not more.."
and then I think back and realize that I still have 12 schools of the 30 that have simply not said a peep about interviews yet and I calm down..*slightly*.
Heh, you guys are feeling inadequate for "only" having two interview invites in August...?
We in this boat of two can be happy with our two. I am getting jealous and feeling like "omg wtf is wrong with my app" with "only two and not more.."
and then I think back and realize that I still have 12 schools of the 30 that have simply not said a peep about interviews yet and I calm down..*slightly*.
Haha...nobody understands what you mean more than I do. We should stop being neurotic though, we have two invites by AUGUST. Go us!

Seriously, let's calm down and actually nail the interviews. 🙂
Two here as well! And starting to feel inadequate with all these SDN people with 4+ interviews... 🙁
Sorry the two interviews from last year didn't work out for you, OGMD. Were they late in the season?
Well, I had my first in November and second in February, so not too late but still not early. I thought I knocked them both out of the park, but in retrospect I really wasn't as prepared as I should have been.
hey i haven't received the secondary yet but want to get started on the essays. does anyone know an approximate word count?
25 lines of text for each essay
25 lines of text for each essay
Thanks!
Whooho! Interview Invite yesterday. I sent my app in a couple of weeks ago ~8/5ish.
I got a phone call and an email. Called back and they are scheduling into December already!!!
Good luck everyone!
I got a phone call and an email. Called back and they are scheduling into December already!!!
Good luck everyone!
Whooho! Interview Invite yesterday. I sent my app in a couple of weeks ago ~8/5ish.
I got a phone call and an email. Called back and they are scheduling into December already!!!
Good luck everyone!
All that work at Loyola and I guess they wanted to "pass me over" 🙁 ---I was complete like mid July or something. *sigh*
😱Whooho! Interview Invite yesterday. I sent my app in a couple of weeks ago ~8/5ish.
I got a phone call and an email. Called back and they are scheduling into December already!!!
Good luck everyone!
I can't believe that they've given out so many interview invites already! Yikes.
Congrats on your invite!
D
deleted248403
Yah I've been complete there a while too and not a peep! Very frustrating
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whooho! Interview Invite yesterday. I sent my app in a couple of weeks ago ~8/5ish.
I got a phone call and an email. Called back and they are scheduling into December already!!!
Good luck everyone!
Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats?
I too find it surprising that they are already scheduling into December. Obviously they are not foolproof, but usually the threads on here give a pretty good indication of the frequency of offered interviews, and so far only a few have said to have gotten invites.
Was really hoping to hear from this school too, but it IS still August and, given the manner in which they sent secondaries, it wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of us on here got them in a wave. At least hopefully lol

For the question about working with individuals from diverse backgrounds, does this mean something like volunteering to help people in underserved areas or going to school with people who are culturally diverse?
Both. They're looking for people who have worked with others outside of their "comfort zones" and different than they are.For the question about working with individuals from diverse backgrounds, does this mean something like volunteering to help people in underserved areas or going to school with people who are culturally diverse?
I talked about how the neighborhood I lived in when I first moved to America was culturally diverse and how I had to learn to work together with others (ie. in the classroom, to make friends, etc). So I guess mine was more of the "going to school with diverse people" type of answer.Both. They're looking for people who have worked with others outside of their "comfort zones" and different than they are.
Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats?
I too find it surprising that they are already scheduling into December. Obviously they are not foolproof, but usually the threads on here give a pretty good indication of the frequency of offered interviews, and so far only a few have said to have gotten invites.
Was really hoping to hear from this school too, but it IS still August and, given the manner in which they sent secondaries, it wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of us on here got them in a wave. At least hopefully lol![]()
Not at all. Sorry I've been really busy the past few days. 31Q 3.65 Undergrad (Jesuit) and 3.7 Grad. >500 hours community service (non medicine oriented). Lots of ECs/ good LOR. I've worked in a medical office for about 5 years and currently work in healthcare.
FWIW I just signed up to be a student host! 🙂I talked about how the neighborhood I lived in when I first moved to America was culturally diverse and how I had to learn to work together with others (ie. in the classroom, to make friends, etc). So I guess mine was more of the "going to school with diverse people" type of answer.
popped my rejection cherry...didn't even get an e-mail, weakkk
gluck everyone!
In what form do rejections come in?
popped my rejection cherry...didn't even get an e-mail, weakkk
gluck everyone!
how did you find out?
Nice! If I end up getting an interview, I expect you to divulge all the juicy intel on the school to me. Muahahah!FWIW I just signed up to be a student host! 🙂
I got rejected as well...GL to everyone elsepopped my rejection cherry...didn't even get an e-mail, weakkk
gluck everyone!
Last edited:
I submitted my AMCAS early this month, and still not a peep from Loyola. Which bums me out, because everyone on this thread makes me think I'd love it there. 🙁
I submitted my AMCAS early this month, and still not a peep from Loyola. Which bums me out, because everyone on this thread makes me think I'd love it there. 🙁
I wouldn't be down so soon....Loyola takes a while to send secondaries out. If I remember correctly, it took about 2-3 weeks for them to send me one..(I think I got it in mid July.) So, it'll take time!
On the topic of people's rejections, when were you "complete"? I've been "under review" for a LONG time..and no word yet. Anticipating rejection soon enough haha.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got rejected as well...32 MCAT, 3.8 GPA, IS, lots of EC. GL to everyone else
wut......
eek. Did you get an email? or did you just check?
I got rejected as well...32 MCAT, 3.8 GPA, IS, lots of EC. GL to everyone else
Oh gosh, I officially don't have a shot in hell here haha. I would love to go here too 🙁
I wouldn't be down so soon....Loyola takes a while to send secondaries out. If I remember correctly, it took about 2-3 weeks for them to send me one..(I think I got it in mid July.) So, it'll take time!
On the topic of people's rejections, when were you "complete"? I've been "under review" for a LONG time..and no word yet. Anticipating rejection soon enough haha.
Yikes. I wonder if its a good thing we are still under review or just that they haven't gotten around to changing our status yet.
Yikes. I wonder if its a good thing we are still under review or just that they haven't gotten around to changing our status yet.
Honestly, it's hard to know..but I would say.."if they wanted to reject us, they'd have done it already".
Totally. I plan on being extremely honest to anyone who winds up at my place. Definitely a great fit/terrible fit depending on what your goals are and what you look for in your medical education, as well as some nitpicky stuff and how you should look at med schools in general. I guess I just want to pick up where some student hosts failed me, lolNice! If I end up getting an interview, I expect you to divulge all the juicy intel on the school to me. Muahahah!
Honestly, it's hard to know..but I would say.."if they wanted to reject us, they'd have done it already".
Dont be so naive. There is plenty of time for all of us to get rejected by them.🙁
Dont be so naive. There is plenty of time for all of us to get rejected by them.🙁
Well i think Trio was more thinking along the lines of it ain't over till its over and if the fat lady was singing they would have told us. Obviously they don't like us too much or we would have interview. Also I apparently watch the movie independence day too often.
Dont be so naive. There is plenty of time for all of us to get rejected by them.🙁
I understand that, but given that rejections are going out to people who are complete around the time that we had submitted our apps. My logic was that "we'd be included if they wanted to get rid of us now"...
Granted, there are many factors that would determine that outcome: where we are in the review process, who looked at our apps, do they really not want us yet, etc...I get it...I'm just naive 😛
Well i think Trio was more thinking along the lines of it ain't over till its over and if the fat lady was singing they would have told us. Obviously they don't like us too much or we would have interview. Also I apparently watch the movie independence day too often.
Thanks Docbell! I've never seen the movie haha...I'm about the lamest duck alive.
Honestly, it's hard to know..but I would say.."if they wanted to reject us, they'd have done it already".
I doubt it, because I was complete September 1st last year, and I got a lousy letter last year that said I had been rejected... In May.
I wouldn't be down so soon....Loyola takes a while to send secondaries out. If I remember correctly, it took about 2-3 weeks for them to send me one..(I think I got it in mid July.) So, it'll take time!
On the topic of people's rejections, when were you "complete"? I've been "under review" for a LONG time..and no word yet. Anticipating rejection soon enough haha.
Whoops, I meant I was VERIFIED early this month, like August 3 or something. My bad.
Whoops, I meant I was VERIFIED early this month, like August 3 or something. My bad.
Yeah, I think you said that in your original post....so don't worry about it..maybe start worrying at like the 6 week mark and like "freak out" at the 10 week mark 😛
How do you know the date when you were verified? I never received a conformation e-mail or anything...
I called the admissions office this morning, and it turns out they grant a two-week grace period for receipt of admissions material after the due date. 😀
i wish i knew that before i overnighted it.

So I regularly check my online status at the schools I've applied to. I noticed my Loyola status changed to "Complete, now under review..." on 8/23. Today I just got an email saying my status has been updated. My heart starts racing... it's either a quick rejection or invitation... and my status is "Complete, now under review..."
Way to give me a heart attack, Loyola 😛
I really hope I get to interview here! I've always been interested in this school since I first started looking into med schools.
And to those of you feeling inadequate with only 2 interviews in the season... I only have one (which I'm really grateful!!), but I know what you mean, when it seems like everyone on SDN has already got 6 interviews....
Way to give me a heart attack, Loyola 😛
I really hope I get to interview here! I've always been interested in this school since I first started looking into med schools.
And to those of you feeling inadequate with only 2 interviews in the season... I only have one (which I'm really grateful!!), but I know what you mean, when it seems like everyone on SDN has already got 6 interviews....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I regularly check my online status at the schools I've applied to. I noticed my Loyola status changed to "Complete, now under review..." on 8/23. Today I just got an email saying my status has been updated. My heart starts racing... it's either a quick rejection or invitation... and my status is "Complete, now under review..."
Way to give me a heart attack, Loyola 😛
I really hope I get to interview here! I've always been interested in this school since I first started looking into med schools.
And to those of you feeling inadequate with only 2 interviews in the season... I only have one (which I'm really grateful!!), but I know what you mean, when it seems like everyone on SDN has already got 6 interviews....
geez! I would have been SO scared! Good luck. And as someone with no interviews yet I'm starting to feel like I might as well give up now even though I know all hope is not yet lost.
geez! I would have been SO scared! Good luck. And as someone with no interviews yet I'm starting to feel like I might as well give up now even though I know all hope is not yet lost.
Thanks, keep your chin up! It's not over yet!! Good luck!

Never give up! Trust your instincts!
I'm starting to get a little discouraged too... It's been quiet... Too quiet...
geez! I would have been SO scared! Good luck. And as someone with no interviews yet I'm starting to feel like I might as well give up now even though I know all hope is not yet lost.
DocBell, I think we are bound to be at the same interview as one another at some point, and then go to the same school...
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K