2011-2012 Albany Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
don't know, I received the email even before my interview... :shrug: Did you submit your FAFSA yet?

Edit: My FAFSA was processed on 2/3 and the email came on 2/27 if that helps

Ah, no I haven't. That must be it. Still waiting on my dad to do my taxes :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Just withdrew my app and canceled the interview. Good luck to you all, hope someone gets my interview spot. There is still a good chance of getting in!

Has anyone tried logging into the WebAdvisor to complete the Albany Medical College Financial Aid Application? I see the AMC ID in the email but no password. I tried resetting or retrieving the password via the WebAdvisor with no luck. I have no idea how this thing works.

Have you first created an account? When I first started, I had to click "New to WebAdvisor" to set up a pw that way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone here a stand-up comic from NYU who interviewed with Gudewicz last week?

He liked ya, and he made sure to tell us during our GI lecture. :)

Does anyone know if there are still spots in the class at this point, or are interviews around april going to be for the waitlist?

Does anyone know if there are still spots in the class at this point, or are interviews around april going to be for the waitlist?

As long as your total applicant score (as compiled by the admission committee after your interview) is above our level for admission, you're in.

Have you first created an account? When I first started, I had to click "New to WebAdvisor" to set up a pw that way.

Yeah I tried all that. Entering my last name and SSN gives me the ID that was in the email, so I know I'm in the system somewhere. But when I click the "What's my password" link, then "I'm new to WebAdvisor, setup my password" it just takes me to the four step "New to WebAdvisor" screen and never gets past step 1.

I sent my thank you letter for my interviewer to the email provided on the interview sheet. The email is to Maria Sgarlata at [email protected]. I just told her who my interviewer was and she was more than happy to forward it along. Good luck! :) :luck:

thanks phnerd! congrats on your acceptance =)

As far as anyone is aware, there is no "second look" day for Albany, is that correct? Can any current students confirm this? I'll be flying out to the east coast for another school's admitted students day, and I'm wondering if I should think about staying an extra day to check out Albany again. Thanks!

Yeah I tried all that. Entering my last name and SSN gives me the ID that was in the email, so I know I'm in the system somewhere. But when I click the "What's my password" link, then "I'm new to WebAdvisor, setup my password" it just takes me to the four step "New to WebAdvisor" screen and never gets past step 1.

I called on Monday about this. Unless you have been accepted, you shouldn't be filling out any of the financial aid documents. They said it was sent by accident to people who had already sent in their FAFSA.

does anyone know when they send out acceptance? every thursday?

does anyone know when they send out acceptance? every thursday?

I found out on a Thursday, two days after I was voted on. Thursday seems to be the general trend. If you interviewed last week, you may find out tomorrow. Good luck! :luck:

hopefully they take people off the UC list on thursdays :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, my second interview was conducted by a pharmacology professor at the school of pharmacy (not the medical school oddly enough). My first interview had gone really well, and I went into my next interview feeling pretty confident. The second interview went terribly. The closest thing to a personal question was asking me to defend my vegetarianism. Essentially, the next 40 minutes were a debate. I think this type of interview would have been really good if I was applying to law school, but I don't understand what it had to do with medicine. I don't think you should be worried about 1 interview as it seems almost completely random who gets 1 or 2 interviewers. I absolutely loved Albany, and it is pretty disheartening to know that my chances of acceptance were damaged by the opinion of one person who doesn't even interact with patients on a regular basis ( or med students for that matter).
That happened to me too! The second interview was terrible for me. I had to defend my position for the whole 40 minutes!

Interview invite this morning! Complete in December. Available interview dates were: 3/29, 4/26, 5/2, 5/3. Good luck all!

Good luck on your interviews everyone!

Last edited:
As far as anyone is aware, there is no "second look" day for Albany, is that correct? Can any current students confirm this? I'll be flying out to the east coast for another school's admitted students day, and I'm wondering if I should think about staying an extra day to check out Albany again. Thanks!

Sorry if this response is too late, but you are more than welcome to visit AMC M-F from 9am-5pm the doors are open and you can take a look around almost anywhere. There is no official second look day I believe. Also, if you had a chance to go to the student meeting on a Wednesday night, they have those every Wednesday night at 7:30pm and I am sure they wouldn't mind another student visiting for a second look.

As for everyone out there waiting for an interview or to be accepted off the UC, you CAN STILL BE ACCEPTED HERE! I was accepted off of the wait list last year mid July and a lot of my class was accepted late as well. GOOD LUCK!

Today is the day (presumably) for the 3/8 interviews. Good luck, all! :luck: :xf:

interviewed here yesterday and loved it!

does anyone know why its "unranked" according to US News? I've been accepted to a couple schools ranked around 60 and quite frankly is looks like Albany has an equal if not better match list. I was told yesterday that 10 out of 11 people successfully matched into Ortho on Monday. Is it unranked because it doesnt give its information to US News? or because there are just too many really good schools out there? I'm not overly concerned with rank, but I am curious since I thought Albany was at least on par with some other schools I've seen.

Last edited:

does anyone know why its "unranked" according to US News? I've been accepted to a couple schools ranked around 60 and quite frankly is looks like Albany has an equal if not better match list. I was told yesterday that 10 out of 11 people successfully matched into Ortho on Monday. Is it unranked because it doesnt give its information to US News? or because there are just too many really good schools out there? I'm not overly concerned with rank, but I am curious since I thought Albany was at least on par with some other schools I've seen.

I just think it is because Albany does not submit their information to US News. It was like this last year as well. I tried to find information from them about their interviewed/accepted stats, but there was none available.

I just think it is because Albany does not submit their information to US News. It was like this last year as well. I tried to find information from them about their interviewed/accepted stats, but there was none available.

I agree. I think there is a difference between "unranked" and "rank not published" the latter means that US News has the info but the school is < top ~ 100, whereas "unranked" means they don't tell US News what they need to know to be ranked. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

I agree. I think there is a difference between "unranked" and "rank not published" the latter means that US News has the info but the school is < top ~ 100, whereas "unranked" means they don't tell US News what they need to know to be ranked. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

that seems to make sense...

rankings only tell you so much and medical schools are for the most part, all good schools. don't worry too much about it.

Does anyone know if they are still sending out interview invites? Thanks!

Just accepted this morning from the UC list! Will be attending! Good luck!

I was also accepted this morning of the UC list! UC decision was 11/21; 3.8 GPA and 31R.

I also cannot access the acceptance packet online. My guess is that they are just now uploading them, and that we should probably be able to access them by this evening. I faintly remember when I got my interview invite that I was not able to access the interview information until a few hours after I received the initial e-mail invitation.

TY!! I can't wait!

Also, I can't find the acceptance packet in the online portal. Did you have this problem?

I believe I was able to access mine right away. Does it still display your UC status? Maybe give it a few hours, and then call the office if it doesn't change.

I was also accepted this morning of the UC list! UC decision was 11/21; 3.8 GPA and 31R.

I also cannot access the acceptance packet online. My guess is that they are just now uploading them, and that we should probably be able to access them by this evening. I faintly remember when I got my interview invite that I was not able to access the interview information until a few hours after I received the initial e-mail invitation.

Congrats as well! I hope they make the Facebook group soon so we can start meeting everyone in our class! :)

Just got an interview invite via email, after being complete in early August. Withdrawing my application...hope that spot goes to one of you still waiting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.