2022-2023 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was looking thru last years thread and apparently people who were AL had to confirm their position on the portal.. I didn't see anything like that this year when I got my AL, we don't have to do that this year right..?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope. All that was said in the AL email was that we would receive an email if we exceeded the rank threshold cutoff for acceptance

submitted my secondary in early August, received interview invite 10/24, interviewed 11/9, and received an AL on 12/9. still waiting for a decision as of 4/2. anyone in a somewhat similar boat in terms of timeline?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
submitted my secondary in early August, received interview invite 10/24, interviewed 11/9, and received an AL on 12/9. still waiting for a decision as of 4/2. anyone in a somewhat similar boat in terms of timeline?
+1 except AL since late October lol

For anyone who was accepted and who has already received their FA package, did you also get $0 in aid? Is there something I am missing/not understanding?

Reactions: 1 user
For anyone who was accepted and who has already received their FA package, did you also get $0 in aid? Is there something I am missing/not understanding?
Yeah I didn't get anything. I couldn't believe it

Me allocating 30 mins to fill out TAP just to get an estimated amount of $0... I feel like a clown right now

Reactions: 1 users
No way they’re giving everyone $0… right
It's very strange that they make it seem that way lol. Commitment deadlines are approaching, so they should have had a clear financial aid package sent out by now. I figured they just didn't give financial aid out☹️

Members don't see this ad :)
It's very strange that they make it seem that way lol. Commitment deadlines are approaching, so they should have had a clear financial aid package sent out by now. I figured they just didn't give financial aid out☹️
Yeah I guess the best thing to do is call them on Monday and ask

I spoke to some other people and apparently it’s common for med schools to give nothing out in aid. I had no clue lol

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but albany is one of the schools that allocate most of their aid/scholarship money towards M3/4s.

Just withdrew my A, best of luck to all of you well-deserved applicants!! :)

I didn’t receive anything and I’m low income so maybe they don’t have many scholarships

I was also rejected from WL :( I was really hoping to go here so that's disappointing, especially since I didn't think they would do it so early.

• Care
I was also rejected from WL :( I was really hoping to go here so that's disappointing, especially since I didn't think they would do it so early.

Would you be willing to share when you interviewed?

It seems they are rejecting people who interviewed recently from what I’m able to see

It's kinda confusing that they're sending out AL rejections without really having a new round of acceptances

It's kinda confusing that they're sending out AL rejections without really having a new round of acceptances
Last year the AL R’s did come prior to the wave of AL A’s. The timing is just 2 weeks earlier this year. I’m sure the A wave will still be after May 1 though

Last year the AL R’s did come prior to the wave of AL A’s. The timing is just 2 weeks earlier this year. I’m sure the A wave will still be after May 1 though
LOL anyone else praying really hard right now to survive the next 2 wks to make it till May?

Anyone else had radio silence since being put on alternate list? (specifically anyone who got put on AL in October like me)

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else had radio silence since being put on alternate list? (specifically anyone who got put on AL in October like me)
+1! Really holding out hope here. I really enjoyed my interview. Sucks that we have no way of expressing further interest

Any other admitted students, do we know the date of white coat yet? I wasn't able to make it to all of second look day and the recordings are not up yet. Did they talk about white coat ceremony at all? Thanks!

Any other admitted students, do we know the date of white coat yet? I wasn't able to make it to all of second look day and the recordings are not up yet. Did they talk about white coat ceremony at all? Thanks!
I dont recall them talking about this during the second look day

They said likely Aug 4. They will give concrete date at a later time

Where the AL movement at tho

• Hmm
♫Wake up in the morning checking my email (No Updates Yet)
Grab my phone, Im out the door, Gonna check it again (No Email)
Before I leave, refresh my email and with a bottle of Jack
'Cause this anxiety got me crazy and it aint going back

I'm talkin' bout having racin' thoughts
dreading my future job
spam blowing up my phone, phone
Drop-topping', refreshing emails
opening up my emails
Tryna get an email......

Dont't Stop, Make it Pop
AMC, blow my email up
tonight, ima fight
til we see an acceptance
Tick-tock on the clock
but the email won't come
Oh, whoa, whoa-oh
oh, whoa, whoa-oh.
Dont't Stop, Make it Pop
AMC, blow my email up
tonight, ima fight
til we see an acceptance
Tick-tock on the clock
but the email won't come
Oh, whoa, whoa-oh
oh, whoa, whoa-oh.♫

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

dreading my future job
opening up my emails
Tryna get an email......

Dont't Stop, Make it Pop
AMC, blow my email up
tonight, ima fight
til we see an acceptance
Tick-tock on the clock
but the email won't come
Oh, whoa, whoa-oh
oh, whoa, whoa-oh.
Dont't Stop, Make it Pop
AMC, blow my email up
tonight, ima fight
til we see an acceptance
Tick-tock on the clock
but the email won't come
Oh, whoa, whoa-oh
oh, whoa, whoa-oh.♫
Most stable AMC AL member

Reactions: 5 users

dreading my future job
opening up my emails
Tryna get an email......

Dont't Stop, Make it Pop
AMC, blow my email up
tonight, ima fight
til we see an acceptance
Tick-tock on the clock
but the email won't come
Oh, whoa, whoa-oh
oh, whoa, whoa-oh.
Dont't Stop, Make it Pop
AMC, blow my email up
tonight, ima fight
til we see an acceptance
Tick-tock on the clock
but the email won't come
Oh, whoa, whoa-oh
oh, whoa, whoa-oh.♫
I hope you get accepted because I want you to be my classmate :)

Hey Everyone, I just made an account!
I got the A on 2/10 and interviewed on 1/27.

Quick Question, is anyone else having trouble logging onto the self-service website?

On another note, I will be attending Albany; so, if anyone wants me to set up an unofficial discord/ group me for those accepted let me know, and ill be willing to do it.

Hey Everyone, I just made an account!
I got the A on 2/10 and interviewed on 1/27.

Quick Question, is anyone else having trouble logging onto the self-service website?

On another note, I will be attending Albany; so, if anyone wants me to set up an unofficial discord/ group me for those accepted let me know, and ill be willing to do it.
Congrats! I know early on I had issues with the self-service website because my username had a blank space at the end of it like this "name " (ignore the quotation marks) it randomly fixed itself months later. Not sure if that is whats happening with you.

Congrats! I know early on I had issues with the self-service website because my username had a blank space at the end of it like this "name " (ignore the quotation marks) it randomly fixed itself months later. Not sure if that is what's happening with you.
Just an FYI, I called IT and mentioned to them that I couldn't access my account. Turns out that it is an issue on their end. Apparently self service is down and they said to check back in a day or two.

I just recieved an email for Alternate List Response Form

"We completed interviewing applicants for admission in March. We interviewed 712 applicants, of which 145 will ultimately enroll. As of today, seats are still available for the fall class. We will continue to send acceptances until we reach enrollment capacity."

"The Alternate List Response Form will become available later this evening. It will not be available at the time of this email being sent. Do not be alarmed if it is not working. If your portal is not working tomorrow morning, please give us a call."

Reactions: 6 users