You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Albany
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is Albany done with interviews at this point?
According to the Pre-II R I got this morning they are done.Is Albany done with interviews at this point?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Figured. Don't get why they haven't sent me an R as well.According to the Pre-II R I got this morning they are done.
According to the Pre-II R I got this morning they are done.
What did the rejection email say?
scorpiogirl27
New Member
Accepted today!!! Interviewed 2/1/23 and was placed on the alternative list on 2/17.
Submitted secondary on 12/1/22
Submitted secondary on 12/1/22
It said tough luck try again next yearWhat did the rejection email say?
They still have to give decisions for the rest of the February interviews, but that should be done by the end of March based on the timelines posted here.If all interviews are done shouldnt they have all their decisions finalized if the AL is ranked and doesn’t change?
mxrtz
New Member
Hi there! Current first year 🙂 The curriculum has changed and the class of 2026 is the first one to go through it, so things may differ now from M2s & up. Feel free to DM me!Hi! I am building a school list and looking for current M3/M4's that can speak a little bit about Albany!
Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):
1. What is your preclinical grading system?
2. How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
3. Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
4. What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
5. What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
6. What is your clinical grading system?
7. What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
8. Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
9. If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
10. How much time do you have for electives?
11. Do you have AOA at Albany?
Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this 🙂
Congratulations to those who have been accepted! I hope to meet you at Albany! Best of luck to everyone!
+1Pre-II R, complete mid august
Pre-II R just now. Wasn't expecting much to begin with. 🙂
+1, submitted septPre-II R just now. Wasn't expecting much to begin with. 🙂
Pre-II R just now. Wasn't expecting much to begin with. 🙂
Still haven’t received a rejection yet. Did it say in the email that interviews were done yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, just that I'm rejected. Interviews may still be conducted. Not sure.
I don't think interviews are over yet. They offer an info session on the same week to allow interviewees to ask questions about the school, and theres 2 more info sessions left.
smallfry804
Full Member
I sent an email asking about the status of my app and they sent an email saying not to worry because they're holding interviews until the end of the month. And then they followed up that email with a Pre-II R so that was fun.Still haven’t received a rejection yet. Did it say in the email that interviews were done yet?
I sent out an email asking for an update and they did the same thing to me lol.I sent an email asking about the status of my app and they sent an email saying not to worry because they're holding interviews until the end of the month. And then they followed up that email with a Pre-II R so that was fun.
I sent them an email and they also essentially responded with a pre-II R 2 hours later lmaoI sent out an email asking for an update and they did the same thing to me lol.
Pre-II R, Complete 9/15. Good luck to everyone else!
Catboysonly
Full Member
A via email today! 🙂
D
deleted1156790
Congrats!! Curious if you were on the AL list first?A via email today! 🙂
maanaspisati
Full Member
congrats! when did you interview?A via email today! 🙂
Catboysonly
Full Member
NoCongrats!! Curious if you were on the AL list first?
Catboysonly
Full Member
2/24 🙂congrats! when did you interview?
Any interview invites lately or are they done now?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
scaredpremedgui
Full Member
Late February interviews, have y'all heard back? I interviewed a few weeks ago but I'm hoping that I'll get AL or A on Friday (seems like they're only notifying people on Fridays?).
I interviewed 2/27 and haven't heard backLate February interviews, have y'all heard back? I interviewed a few weeks ago but I'm hoping that I'll get AL or A on Friday (seems like they're only notifying people on Fridays?).
A today, AL 2/17 and II on 2/1!
medschoolaspirant2023
Full Member
Me. I was wondering what is wrong lol. No II no R.Has anyone still not gotten a pre-II R yet from Albany? I am confused if they are still sending out II's
AL today, interviewed 2/27. Big sad 🙁
D
deleted1150771
+1. Also interviewed 2/27AL today, interviewed 2/27. Big sad 🙁
doubledoc712
Full Member
Is there an accepted students group me
Not yetIs there an accepted students group me
scorpiogirl27
New Member
There’s an accepted student IG for Albany studentsIs there an accepted students group me
sir norbiez
Full Member
Does anyone know when AL people will start hearing back?
Probably nothing significant until late April, especially after April 30Does anyone know when AL people will start hearing back?
UnsolicitedSlug
Full Member
AL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AL yesterday
Pre-II R just now! +8/10, one of the nicer ones I've received thus far
D
deleted1153753
+1Pre-II R just now! +8/10, one of the nicer ones I've received thus far
sir norbiez
Full Member
I was looking thru last years thread and apparently people who were AL had to confirm their position on the portal.. I didn't see anything like that this year when I got my AL, we don't have to do that this year right..?