2022-2023 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the pre-II R! Complete late July. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Is Albany done with interviews at this point?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today!!! Interviewed 2/1/23 and was placed on the alternative list on 2/17.
Submitted secondary on 12/1/22

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
If all interviews are done shouldnt they have all their decisions finalized if the AL is ranked and doesn’t change?

If all interviews are done shouldnt they have all their decisions finalized if the AL is ranked and doesn’t change?
They still have to give decisions for the rest of the February interviews, but that should be done by the end of March based on the timelines posted here.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I am building a school list and looking for current M3/M4's that can speak a little bit about Albany!

Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):

1. What is your preclinical grading system?
2. How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
3. Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
4. What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
5. What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
6. What is your clinical grading system?
7. What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
8. Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
9. If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
10. How much time do you have for electives?
11. Do you have AOA at Albany?

Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this :)
Hi there! Current first year :) The curriculum has changed and the class of 2026 is the first one to go through it, so things may differ now from M2s & up. Feel free to DM me!

Congratulations to those who have been accepted! I hope to meet you at Albany! Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think interviews are over yet. They offer an info session on the same week to allow interviewees to ask questions about the school, and theres 2 more info sessions left.

Still haven’t received a rejection yet. Did it say in the email that interviews were done yet?
I sent an email asking about the status of my app and they sent an email saying not to worry because they're holding interviews until the end of the month. And then they followed up that email with a Pre-II R so that was fun.

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
I sent an email asking about the status of my app and they sent an email saying not to worry because they're holding interviews until the end of the month. And then they followed up that email with a Pre-II R so that was fun.
I sent out an email asking for an update and they did the same thing to me lol.

• Care
Late February interviews, have y'all heard back? I interviewed a few weeks ago but I'm hoping that I'll get AL or A on Friday (seems like they're only notifying people on Fridays?).

Has anyone still not gotten a pre-II R yet from Albany? I am confused if they are still sending out II's

Pre-II R just now! +8/10, one of the nicer ones I've received thus far