You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread
Started by Myuu
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an interview invite! Submitted on the 18th, complete on the 19th. Will be interviewing sept 23rd. when did you guys schedule your interviews?
Correct!
of july? so you went submitted-complete-interviewinvite in a 3 day span?
Yup!
OMIGOSH i need to make the essays go, and my recommendations need to be turned in immediately.... that's quite the turnaround time!
Earlier is certainly better, but be careful not to sacrifice quality for expediency.

Also, please note that Case has been known to not follow any particular order in granting interviews (so nobody panic!).
does case do student housing for interviews? would love to stay with a student to learn more about the school, but i didnt see anything on their site about it
Earlier is certainly better, but be careful not to sacrifice quality for expediency.
Also, please note that Case has been known to not follow any particular order in granting interviews (so nobody panic!).
but.. but... ohnoeseverybodypanic.gif!!
i know i know. applicant, calm thyself. i think i'll just be a happier applicant once i've captured all my recs and put them into the cage where they belong. then finishing a secondary actually means finishing a secondary.
but.. but... ohnoeseverybodypanic.gif!!
i know i know. applicant, calm thyself. i think i'll just be a happier applicant once i've captured all my recs and put them into the cage where they belong. then finishing a secondary actually means finishing a secondary.
I am 100% in the same boat... I'm trying to get these secondaries in ASAP but I am not in control of when my last letter gets done.... *mumbleexcusesmumble*
does case do student housing for interviews? would love to stay with a student to learn more about the school, but i didnt see anything on their site about it
I actually emailed them last night about this after they gave me an invite. Apparently, the MS2 kids organize the student host program, and they will post the appropriate information on the iApply status page for every interviewee when they return in August.
I actually emailed them last night about this after they gave me an invite. Apparently, the MS2 kids organize the student host program, and they will post the appropriate information on the iApply status page for every interviewee when they return in August.
sweet. sounds good. thanks for the info
Submitted!
does case do student housing for interviews? would love to stay with a student to learn more about the school, but i didnt see anything on their site about it
I actually emailed them last night about this after they gave me an invite. Apparently, the MS2 kids organize the student host program, and they will post the appropriate information on the iApply status page for every interviewee when they return in August.
Yes, this is correct. I would absolutely recommend staying with a student host.😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1just marked complete, submitted on 7/19
Submitted and marked complete a few hours later! Please let me in!
Gosh, I love my school !!!!!!!!!!!!1 Always on top of everything. Case rocks guys. Good luck with the app process.

Submitted and marked complete a few hours later! Please let me in!
Gosh, I love my school !!!!!!!!!!!! Always on top of everything. Case rocks guys. Good luck with the app process.

WOW!!
Submitted 7/19
Complete 7/21
Interview Invite 7/21!
YAY!to ALL!
+1. Same exact sequence. I'll be there 9/16!
WOW!!
Submitted 7/19
Complete 7/21
Interview Invite 7/21!
YAY!to ALL!
+1. Same exact sequence. I'll be there 9/16!
Congrats, guys! 😀
Congrats to you guys that got interviews!
Unfortunately for me there's a topic in the pre allo main forum that has me seriously second guessing my challenge essay. Hopefully I didn't royally screw up with my choice. All I can do now is
Unfortunately for me there's a topic in the pre allo main forum that has me seriously second guessing my challenge essay. Hopefully I didn't royally screw up with my choice. All I can do now is

Met with Christian and Dr. Mehta. Good news: they are lovely people.
Guess ill wait patiently. I did turn in everything at 1:43 AM this morning so they need time to go over it
I got you beat. 4:10 am this morning.
I got you beat. 4:10 am this morning.
Haha i saw while i was laying in bed. Best of luck mate!
Met with Christian and Dr. Mehta. Good news: they are lovely people.
Correct!👍😀


I got you beat. 4:10 am this morning.
Should've stayed up longer! You could've caught me.
Hey Myuu... I know you aren't supposed to give up your identity, but you didn't happen to give a tour to a group of students earlier this week, did you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Myuu... I know you aren't supposed to give up your identity, but you didn't happen to give a tour to a group of students earlier this week, did you?
Ah, no. I've been on neurology consults all week. There are a handful of SDNers that give tours, though!
Ah, no. I've been on neurology consults all week. There are a handful of SDNers that give tours, though!
Well, they are just the nicest people in person. Do you prefer Metro, VA, Clinic, or UH? I'm kind of a big Metro fan.
Well, they are just the nicest people in person. Do you prefer Metro, VA, Clinic, or UH? I'm kind of a big Metro fan.
This is my first rotation (neurology/psych at CCF), so I don't think I can make a fair comparison. From what I've heard, though, the experience varies greatly per rotation and then per team. Metro seemed pretty cool when I was last there. CCF is very nearly fully converted to EMR, which makes it a bit unsettling when I run into things on paper.
While the system they're running seems great, it's proprietary software, so I can't let myself like it too much. The VA runs on free EMR, but it still greatly resembles the Windows 95 era and runs about as efficiently (which is to say not all). The patient population, on the other hand, was pretty interesting. UH, on the other hand, is still ravaging the Amazon, but they are trying to convert!I have yet to have a negative interaction with anyone at any of the hospitals.👍
I have yet to have a negative interaction with anyone at any of the hospitals.👍
Right on. Good to hear.
Haha i saw while i was laying in bed. Best of luck mate!
Thanks! Good luck to you too!
New record, submitted this morning and interview invite this evening. I'm psyched, Cleveland is awesome.
lucky duck!
Did you all that have gotten interview invites so far apply to the CP at all? I applied to both. I think they had mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread that if you applied to both you'll usually hear back later because the CP reviews apps later? Does that sound right? I'm just so eager haha.
Did you all that have gotten interview invites so far apply to the CP at all? I applied to both. I think they had mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread that if you applied to both you'll usually hear back later because the CP reviews apps later? Does that sound right? I'm just so eager haha.
Same here. i applied to the cleaveland clinic masters program for BME...
Lol there's a rejection letter sitting in my "university program correspondence" field....... dated 8/3/11.
Lol there's a rejection letter sitting in my "university program correspondence" field....... dated 8/3/11.
You can see into the future
Lol there's a rejection letter sitting in my "university program correspondence" field....... dated 8/3/11.
Really? Wow that'd be cruel
"After careful consideration, we regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you an interview, which removes you from consideration for this year's class."
Haha I've only been complete for 3 days. Case so funny.
Oh well, it was a reach anyway. Best of luck kids.
Haha I've only been complete for 3 days. Case so funny.
Oh well, it was a reach anyway. Best of luck kids.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to hear it. Good luck with the rest of your apps. Hoping they're a bit kinder to me lol.
Sorry to hear it. Good luck with the rest of your apps. Hoping they're a bit kinder to me lol.
this. sorry man 🙁 best of luck
Did you all that have gotten interview invites so far apply to the CP at all? I applied to both. I think they had mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread that if you applied to both you'll usually hear back later because the CP reviews apps later? Does that sound right? I'm just so eager haha.
This is true. Edit: CCLCM invites are going to be in the pipeline relatively soon!
Incidentally, I am currently infiltrating the second floor of vc7777's secretly public hideaway. And, yes, I agree, it could do with a soft-serve machine.
...but only if they stop charging a dollar for a single nectarine, even if it is remarkably fresh and mouthwateringly delicious...
Last edited:
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K