-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread
Started by Myuu
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
It doesn't have windows. I imagine it has a draft system somewhere, but I haven't poked around at anything that isn't a cadaver in there, so I've no idea. If not body bags, then what? Ziploc bags?😕😕😕
thanks for the info. i had heard some surprisingly negative things from people i know who interviewed last year but they couldn't remember specifics, so i guess i was curious and halfway imagining some sort of dark medieval closet for a lab. glad that's not the story.
and i was referring to the metal boxes the other schools i visited used to store their cadavers.
![]()
Giant Tupperware?
Since watching "Breaking Bad" I can't see plastic like this and not think, "incorrect body disposal". 🙂
ps. I can't wait for valentines day!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since watching "Breaking Bad" I can't see plastic like this and not think, "incorrect body disposal". 🙂
ps. I can't wait for valentines day!
I haven't seen Breaking Bad (one of these days, I will), but I imagine that sounds less disturbing with proper context.
I haven't seen Breaking Bad (one of these days, I will), but I imagine that sounds less disturbing with proper context.![]()
No, no. Just as disturbing as you're imagining. Hydrofluoric acid and a bathtub are involved.
It's a great show by the way (Cranston definitely deserved his 3 emmies) and now netflix-streamable.
Good luck everyone waiting on CCLCM decisions! Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread before, but organizing the "school specific" topics by post count the top 2 are Case 2009-2010 and 2010-2011. That's quite an active community.
Will 2011-2012 be as inquisitive? Only time will tell. 🙂
I'm afraid 2011-2012 has been by far less prolific. :cry:
Happened to look at my iApply and saw that Case put me on a post-interview hold several days ago. 🙁 Really disappointed about this one.
Does anyone have info about how many people are put on hold and how many get taken off?
As I understand, the majority of applicants who arent accepted are put on hold. How many get taken off varies from year to year - we get a better idea of where we stand in March when they will reject most of the holds and the rest make the waitlist.
I was wondering if students could comment a bit on what life is like in Cleveland. Thanks
Is there a specific thing you're interested in or looking for? I'd love to outline my Cleveland experience for you, but it would take longer than you'd like.😛
Is there a specific thing you're interested in or looking for? I'd love to outline my Cleveland experience for you, but it would take longer than you'd like.😛
Hmm...Do students typically live in the same neighborhood? Is your class close? Is there good housing near campus? How is the restaurant/take out scene?
Hmm...Do students typically live in the same neighborhood? Is your class close? Is there good housing near campus? How is the restaurant/take out scene?
On the topic of food, the availability is excellent. Cleveland is definitely a food city. There's great quick options on campus, as well as nice sit-down restaurants as well. Travel 20 minutes to downtown Cleveland, and you have a whole street (East 4th) dedicated to great food. There's great food options throughout the whole city, enough to please even the pickiest eater.
Just did a little mdapps stalking.... and congrats on all those interviews phnerd! Not going to lie though, Im still rooting for you to get off hold at case (well, and me too so that we can be classmates and I can meet you!) I feel that Myuu will pass on the torch to you one day...
Myuu, you should make an SDN guru torch!
Myuu, you should make an SDN guru torch!
Torches aren't very ninja-like!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
True that.... SDN guru ninja mask?
SDN ninja penguin hat and commemorative eggplant sound good to me.
SDN ninja penguin hat and commemorative eggplant sound good to me.
This is why you are the professional. Perfect.
Just did a little mdapps stalking.... and congrats on all those interviews phnerd! Not going to lie though, Im still rooting for you to get off hold at case (well, and me too so that we can be classmates and I can meet you!) I feel that Myuu will pass on the torch to you one day...
Myuu, you should make an SDN guru torch!
Aw, thanks! Fingers crossed for the both of us 🙂

True that.... SDN guru ninja mask?
SDN ninja penguin hat and commemorative eggplant sound good to me.
I shall only accept if it is delivered on a Hattori Hanzo as well 😉So, I was looking at Case's 2012-2013 Academic Calender, and I am wondering, where is the summer break? This isn't a big deal to me, but I'm just curious. It says Block 1 starts on July 2nd 2012 and Block 13 ends on June 28th 2013. I assume the second year of medical school doesn't start as early as M1-Block 1? Thanks!
http://casemed.case.edu/registrar/calendar/academic12-13.cfm
http://casemed.case.edu/registrar/calendar/academic12-13.cfm
I shall only accept if it is delivered on a Hattori Hanzo as well 😉
Well, yeah. Obviously.
So, I was looking at Case's 2012-2013 Academic Calender, and I am wondering, where is the summer break? This isn't a big deal to me, but I'm just curious. It says Block 1 starts on July 2nd 2012 and Block 13 ends on June 28th 2013. I assume the second year of medical school doesn't start as early as M1-Block 1? Thanks!
http://casemed.case.edu/registrar/calendar/academic12-13.cfm
lolwut? Block 13???
(M2 starts in august (there are only 6 blocks in the first two years))
Well, yeah. Obviously.
lolwut? Block 13???
(M2 starts in august (there are only 6 blocks in the first two years))
Hmmmm 😕
Well, if you follow the link, there are 13 separate blocks listed? I remember there only being 6 blocks, but that link really confused me. Thanks for the clarification.
Hmmmm 😕
Well, if you follow the link, there are 13 separate blocks listed? I remember there only being 6 blocks, but that link really confused me. Thanks for the clarification.
It's listed like that for this year and last year, too. Weeeeird.
It's listed like that for this year and last year, too. Weeeeird.
This same thing was confusing for me but instead of asking on here I just went and lay down for a while and then forgot to ask.
This same thing was confusing for me but instead of asking on here I just went and lay down for a while and then forgot to ask.
That's generally how I deal with things.



@ Myuuu
On the following web page address
http://wiki.case.edu/SOM/CodeBlue/WR2#Pre-WR2
there is a section that says:
Pre-WR2 eCurriculum - This resource is available through the new eCurriculum by scrolling down and there is a link on the left hand side. You can often find the old lecture videostreams, which are often very similar to the ones we get in WR2. So, if you happen to miss a class or want to go over something again, you can check out this site for some more information.
I do not have a login to check it out but I had a few questions about these lectures first are they comprehensive i.e a lecture on every topic in each block, second are they downloadable, like into my itunes or some other storage format and third can they be manipulated i.e played at double speed e.t.c
On the following web page address
http://wiki.case.edu/SOM/CodeBlue/WR2#Pre-WR2
there is a section that says:
Pre-WR2 eCurriculum - This resource is available through the new eCurriculum by scrolling down and there is a link on the left hand side. You can often find the old lecture videostreams, which are often very similar to the ones we get in WR2. So, if you happen to miss a class or want to go over something again, you can check out this site for some more information.
I do not have a login to check it out but I had a few questions about these lectures first are they comprehensive i.e a lecture on every topic in each block, second are they downloadable, like into my itunes or some other storage format and third can they be manipulated i.e played at double speed e.t.c
It feels like spring up here in Canada today. How is life in the Cleve?
Cloudy and 31°. Looks like winter finally decided to show up. Sort of.
Say, want to bring me some cheaply-priced, but quality hockey goods from canuckistan?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Put in a good word for me at the admissions office? Jk. If I get in that can most definitely be arranged. My brother plays so I suspect he knows where to get the good stuff with the good deals!

The only reason I mentioned it is that I'm about to return a chest protector to somewhere in Ontario and am filling out the customs paperwork (which is annoying).



@ MyuuuCloudy and 31°. Looks like winter finally decided to show up. Sort of.
Say, want to bring me some cheaply-priced, but quality hockey goods from canuckistan?
On the following web page address
http://wiki.case.edu/SOM/CodeBlue/WR2#Pre-WR2
there is a section that says:
Pre-WR2 eCurriculum - This resource is available through the new eCurriculum by scrolling down and there is a link on the left hand side. You can often find the old lecture videostreams, which are often very similar to the ones we get in WR2. So, if you happen to miss a class or want to go over something again, you can check out this site for some more information.
I do not have a login to check it out but I had a few questions about these lectures first are they comprehensive i.e a lecture on every topic in each block, second are they downloadable, like into my itunes or some other storage format and third can they be manipulated i.e played at double speed e.t.c
@ Myuuu
On the following web page address
http://wiki.case.edu/SOM/CodeBlue/WR2#Pre-WR2
there is a section that says:
Pre-WR2 eCurriculum - This resource is available through the new eCurriculum by scrolling down and there is a link on the left hand side. You can often find the old lecture videostreams, which are often very similar to the ones we get in WR2. So, if you happen to miss a class or want to go over something again, you can check out this site for some more information.
I do not have a login to check it out but I had a few questions about these lectures first are they comprehensive i.e a lecture on every topic in each block, second are they downloadable, like into my itunes or some other storage format and third can they be manipulated i.e played at double speed e.t.c
I've never used it, so I've no idea.
Hey Myuu, I have a quick question for you.
Do you know if many good metal shows come through Cleveland? Or do most come through Cincinnati and/or Columbus? Thanks!
Do you know if many good metal shows come through Cleveland? Or do most come through Cincinnati and/or Columbus? Thanks!
Hey Myuu, I have a quick question for you.
Do you know if many good metal shows come through Cleveland? Or do most come through Cincinnati and/or Columbus? Thanks!
How are defining good metal? I've seen Otep here and will be seeing children of bodom later. Finntroll and Eluveitie have been spotted repeatedly. Metallica swings by every now and then.
Edit:
Peabody's has a bunch of metal acts that come through. If you look at their schedule, it's pretty much metal, metal, metal, thing no one cares about, metal, metal, rap, metal, etc. Staind came by at some point last year or the year before, but I don't remember which venue. The Grog Shop has (much) lighter fare, but I've never actually been there.
Edit 2: But it would seem that The Shins and Cursive will be there this year, which excites me but probably not you. C'mooooooon Janelle Monae....
Edit 3: Man, I had no idea Dog Fashion Disco was still active...
Edit 4: Aaaahahahaha--Pink Martini
Edit 5: Quicken Loans Arena (The Q, home of the Cleveland Cavaliers) hosts the national acts, like Lady Gaga two years ago and Rammstein this May.
Edit 6: Red Hot Chili Peppers in June...
Edit 7: Buckethead at Beachland Ballroom in April
Last edited:
How are defining good metal? I've seen Otep here and will be seeing children of bodom later. Finntroll and Eluveitie have been spotted repeatedly. Metallica swings by every now and then.
Edit:
Peabody's has a bunch of metal acts that come through. If you look at their schedule, it's pretty much metal, metal, metal, thing no one cares about, metal, metal, rap, metal, etc. Staind came by at some point last year or the year before, but I don't remember which venue. The Grog Shop has (much) lighter fare, but I've never actually been there.
Edit 2: But it would seem that The Shins and Cursive will be there this year, which excites me but probably not you. C'mooooooon Janelle Monae....
Edit 3: Man, I had no idea Dog Fashion Disco was still active...
Edit 4: Aaaahahahaha--Pink Martini
Edit 5: Quicken Loans Arena (The Q, home of the Cleveland Cavaliers) hosts the national acts, like Lady Gaga two years ago and Rammstein this May.
Edit 6: Red Hot Chili Peppers in June...
Edit 7: Buckethead at Beachland Ballroom in April
Awesome! Thanks for the insight 👍 Occasional metal shows will definitely be a stress reliever.
It feels like spring up here in Canada today. How is life in the Cleve?
Cloudy and 31°. Looks like winter finally decided to show up. Sort of.
So I finally got around to converting our temperatures and too funny - where I am its 18 but Im think it feels like spring, where you are its 31 and you are saying it feels like winter! Different perspectives....
So I finally got around to converting our temperatures and too funny - where I am its 18 but Im think it feels like spring, where you are its 31 and you are saying it feels like winter! Different perspectives....

It's been a ridiculously warm winter this year. 2C is the monthly average for this month, apparently, but it's been much colder in previous years... No lengthy snow accumulations this year.:cry:
Hold the phone. Where and when are The Shins playing?
Hold the phone. Where and when are The Shins playing?
Shins/Antlers 6/9, Cleveland Masonic Auditorium. Ticket sales start 2/10 at 11am.
Just down the street, if 3-5 mi counts.
Shins/Antlers 6/9, Cleveland Masonic Auditorium. Ticket sales start 2/10 at 11am.
Just down the street, if 3-5 mi counts.
I'm there. I can't remember them ever coming through NE Ohio when they were huge.
Edit: aaaaaaand it's pricey. $42 for general admission. (6/8/12)
I'm there. I can't remember them ever coming through NE Ohio when they were huge.
Of Montreal will also be in town soon, but sadly, they are not bringing Janelle Monet with them.:cry:
Of Montreal will also be in town soon, but sadly, they are not bringing Janelle Monet with them.:cry:
Already got my ticket. Haha. Maybe Solange Knowles will show up!
One of my favorites. "The Past is a Grotesque Animal" is pretty transcendent.
Already got my ticket. Haha. Maybe Solange Knowles will show up!
One of my favorites. "The Past is a Grotesque Animal" is pretty transcendent.
Nice!
Man, I dislike autocorrect intensely. Monae. Monaemonaemonae!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRicgqPdHEM&feature=player_embedded
Pretty cool video made by Case showCasing how awesome Case is. I can't get enough of Case inCase you didn't notice. 👍
Pretty cool video made by Case showCasing how awesome Case is. I can't get enough of Case inCase you didn't notice. 👍
And just because we're awesome like this, here you go: http://casemed.case.edu/alumni/publications/mailers/mailer2-9-2012b.htm
And just because we're awesome like this, here you go: http://casemed.case.edu/alumni/publications/mailers/mailer2-9-2012b.htm
You beat me 😀 Excellent news!!! Completely mindblowing. I'm excited to see the results of the clinical trials.
You beat me 😀 Excellent news!!! Completely mindblowing. I'm excited to see the results of the clinical trials.
...which is impressive, considering that I took it from your facebook feed.



...which is impressive, considering that I took it from your facebook feed.![]()
😛 I may or may not be multitasking during class, and completely forgot haha
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K