2011-2012 LSU - New Orleans Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LORs have to be from the "sciences" including BCPM (Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Math). Was the class you took from this professor a quantitative/math-heavy type of Economics course? If so, they may count it as falling under the science of mathematics...the best way to find out is call the admissions office. It may be a stretch, but good luck!

My letters were from engineering professors. So they are probably willing to stretch the definition of science to include other science-like classes.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you apply for the scholarship or were you just selected by a committee?

Eta: based off of that list, if you got a "hefty" merit based scholarship, then it looks like you got full tuition. Congrats! And yes, I'm jealous...especially since our stats were pretty close.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
For those that received scholarships, were they need based or merit based? What were your stats if you don't mind my asking?

Merit based (37/3.9) - I was selected by a committee I guess.

...and my scholarship just got changed. So maybe that means someone with a higher scholarship than me chose a different school, which means the previous scholarship I had is now vacant...which means trickle down to one of you guys? Sounds good :luck:!

My letters were from engineering professors. So they are probably willing to stretch the definition of science to include other science-like classes.

This is encouraging. I guess I will just have to call the admissions office and ask. Thanks!!

Ok, so can we all just agree that at some point in the hour between posting the epic facebook status and popping that bottle of champagne, we will say "accepted" on SDN so the rest of us can start getting excited? It is your civic duty as a human being.

Ok, so can we all just agree that at some point in the hour between posting the epic facebook status and popping that bottle of champagne, we will say "accepted" on SDN so the rest of us can start getting excited? It is your civic duty as a human being.

:thumbup:

:thumbup::thumbup:

:thumbup:

Do we know if the letters went out?

Mail came at my house in Metairie and nothing was there

Last edited:
Any OOS received their financial aid package yet? and please state when you filed your FAFSA, MPN, counseling , etc?

Thanks

ACCEPTED!!!! got the letter in the mail this afternoon, dated May 8th

Members don't see this ad :)
gulp...i have no clue why the lady in the phone told me next week then. sry folks

gulp...i have no clue why the lady in the phone told me next week then. sry folks

They must have a lot of letters and are rolling them out as they get them done. All of them may not be done till next week, only thing I can think of. Do they release all the admitted letters on the same day?

ACCEPTED! Also recieved mine in the mail today dated yesterday.

They must have a lot of letters and are rolling them out as they get them done. All of them may not be done till next week, only thing I can think of. Do they release all the admitted letters on the same day?

Also, like we've said before, they most likely made a waitlist and are rolling out more
acceptances as people relinquish their spots prior to the May 15th deadline. Congrats to the new acceptees! And good luck to those waiting by the mailbox!

Accepted!! Dated yesterday. Live north of Hammond. In the sticks.

Also, like we've said before, they most likely made a waitlist and are rolling out more
acceptances as people relinquish their spots prior to the May 15th deadline. Congrats to the new acceptees! And good luck to those waiting by the mailbox!

Sorry if I come off as a little panicky, just nervous....congrats to all those admitted. I hope to join you soon:thumbup::thumbup:

could some of yall recently accepted people share yalls stats? congrats to all of you. hope to be getting some good mail asap. thanks

could some of yall recently accepted people share yalls stats? congrats to all of you. hope to be getting some good mail asap. thanks

11/10/11 Q
3.7 from top 25 univ
started applying really late (mid-september)

ACCEPTED!!! :soexcited: Can't believe it! I've never been so happy!

Hang in there everyone because this acceptance was totally worth the wait!

Can any of you who recently have been accepted please let us know if you also had an acceptance at Shreveport that you now plan on dropping?

Does anybody know if LSU has a gym?

They have a room with some weights and whatnot, not terribly fancy but plenty usable. As I recall, though, it's at the very end of a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong walkway. :laugh:

Accepted
4.0 gpa, 27 mcat, psychology degree with english minor and humanitites minor, 24 years old, lots of volunteer experience

Good luck:luck:

Accepted Dated: 5/8/12
GPA: 3.82
MCAT: 28
Biology degree with a minor in chemistry and philosophy
21 years old

Volunteer work (clinical and nonclinical) 300+hours
Research 1 year @ lsuhsc
Shadowing 100+hours
Leadership: president of organizations/external president of organizations
and ton of work experience

I dropped by the admission office yesterday and inquired as to whether or not there would be any decision letters sent and they claimed that no decisions had been made. this could have been just to get me out the door, which i would not blame them for doing. Those of you who received acceptances in early may: are you in the new orleans area?

I dropped by the admission office yesterday and inquired as to whether or not there would be any decision letters sent and they claimed that no decisions had been made. this could have been just to get me out the door, which i would not blame them for doing. Those of you who received acceptances in early may: are you in the new orleans area?

They were BSing you unless they're using some weird definition of 'decision' I guess. Generally the way the letters go out is acceptances on Tuesday and everything else later in the week.

Yes, this is torture for everyone 100+ miles away.

Last edited:
well congratulations to those who were accepted. must feel great

I'm about an hour south of Nola. My letter was postmarked yesterday.

I know of someone in Lafayette who received their letter today.

feelsbadman.jpg

Does anybody know if LSU has a gym?

Yes. I've never gone and wanted weight equipment they haven't had. It's a great set up. Wouldn't mind there being more of it so there wouldn't be issues when it's busy, but not that big a deal

Accepted!! Got the fat envelope in the mail yesterday (dated 5/8/12) & waited until the hubby came home to open it together... Killer! I live on the Northshore.

File complete reeeeally late (early January?)
Interviewed late February
GPA ~3.6
MCAT 30R
2009 BS Micro from state school in the NW
F/T research for ~2yrs
Lots of meaningful volunteer hrs
100+ shadowing hrs

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you & not to harm you, plans to give you hope & a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Congrats to all the accepted people!

Enjoy your Summer

so for the rest of the people still waiting on for some mail from LSU. Do we have any idea or estimate of how many more spots will be offered up?

so for the rest of the people still waiting on for some mail from LSU. Do we have any idea or estimate of how many more spots will be offered up?

I think that's the big question that nobody really knows the answer to unfortunately... It depends on how many people give up their spots, since technically all the spots have been offered up already at least once.

MCAT: 29
GPA: 3.9
Degree: History
Taught for TFA in New Orleans

CONGRATS GUYS! I knew a couple of people from New Orleans who were just accepted! I believe they received their letter on May 10th. Good Luck guys! I'm still waiting as well!:xf::xf:

My girlfriend and I just withdrew. Good luck!

where will the two of you be attending instead, just out of curiosity?

Status
Not open for further replies.