-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
=
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed at CCLCM on 1/31. just placed on hold.
Just received notice... placed on the high hold list.
Time to start obsessively checking my email. Actually I lie, I've been doing that all day.
Time to start obsessively checking my email. Actually I lie, I've been doing that all day.
I didn't get an email, but there was a notice in iApply so it's probably worth logging in to check.
Are these all CCLCM notices? I'm University Track and interviewed on the 25th. I knew they reviewed apps today but I was kind of expecting to hear word later this week.
From what they told us at the interview it really varies year to year- last year there were only 40 offers made, but the year before there was around 70. Since the class is so small, it's hard to judge.Judging from what happened last year, barely anyone moves off the CCLCM waitlist.
If you had read just a few posts up, you would have seen that I interviewed October 25 and I have not received any updates. You have not been waiting very long. And, I'm pretty sure the dates on Twitter refer to UP, not CCLCM.
Gave in and called the office again today. Denise was out, but the receptionist said they'd get back to me tomorrow. I will be super sad if it turns out that they forgot to reject me. It seems implausible that I haven't been to committee yet, especially considering the recent fast turnaround interviewees have been getting. Wish me luck.
Judging from what happened last year, barely anyone moves off the CCLCM waitlist.
not true
From what they told us at the interview it really varies year to year- last year there were only 40 offers made, but the year before there was around 70. Since the class is so small, it's hard to judge.
while I disagree with the numbers the gist of this is spot on.
Sent from my phone
I think it's time to remind people that the first post of this thread has a very detailed summary of both programs that we have put together that clearly Answers most of these questions definitively.
Sent from my phone
Sent from my phone
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on the "alternate list". Supposedly last year around the end of February, everyone on the "High Hold" and "Hold" list gets put on one waitlist, the "alternate list". It is to my understanding that the people on the "High Hold" list are still given priority on this "alternate list". Is this true?
I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on the "alternate list". Supposedly last year around the end of February, everyone on the "High Hold" and "Hold" list gets put on one waitlist, the "alternate list". It is to my understanding that the people on the "High Hold" list are still given priority on this "alternate list". Is this true?
reading last years thread made it seem that this was not true (no priority on alternate list), but I dont understand the purpose of having two separate hold lists if it were not true... I guess no one except the adcom really knows.
Have any recent interviewees for the University track heard back yet? All these CCLCM updates have me checking iApply obsessively, it'd be awesome if you could specify which one you're talking about before you post! 🙂
Aaaaaand boom! Rejected from CCLCM via phone. I just happened to call them back immediately after the committee meeting ended. Sad day. Good luck to the rest of you.
You were rejected via phone? Is that common?
You were rejected via phone? Is that common?
No. As I said, I just happened to call right after they finished the committee meeting, and they went ahead and told me right there rather than making me wait. No update on iApply yet.
@ elevenses, sorry to hear that, especially since you've been waiting so long 🙁 Congrats on your UWash acceptance though!
Aaaaaand boom! Rejected from CCLCM via phone. I just happened to call them back immediately after the committee meeting ended. Sad day. Good luck to the rest of you.
We can be rejection buddies !

Aaaaaand boom! Rejected from CCLCM via phone. I just happened to call them back immediately after the committee meeting ended. Sad day. Good luck to the rest of you.
Sorry about the bad news and the crappy way you learned it. I seem to recall you were accepted at WUSTL also. So congrats on that.
I guess there is no pattern to be discerned here with the rash of holds and high holds followed with rejections???
Thanks for the sympathy, everybody. I appreciate it. Nothin' wrong with the University of Washington 🙂. I wish you all the best of luck.
Wish you the best wherever you end up going. I still don't have an acceptance yet 🙁.
Wish you the best wherever you end up going. I still don't have an acceptance yet 🙁.
+1
3/3 waitlist must be something wrong with my personality haha, and I know exactly who you are buddy. we interviewed the same day =)
cheer up you'll get in soon. i hope you didn't turn down the UP interview haha
+1
3/3 waitlist must be something wrong with my personality haha, and I know exactly who you are buddy. we interviewed the same day =)
cheer up you'll get in soon. i hope you didn't turn down the UP interview haha
Haha hey man. I don't think there's anything wrong, just that the competition is really tough, specially for a program like CCLCM. Hopefully we both end up getting in I have a feeling the high-hold list is pretty promising. If this year's anything like two years ago where they ended up giving 70 offers I think it will turn out well. Wish you the best on those other waitlists, I know how ya feel.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rejected today pre interview, post hold letter via email and iapply. Kind of disappointing, but not unexpected
submitted 11/2, complete 11/5, hold letter 1/17.
3.47uGPA with upward trend, 3.44sGPA , 35O. lots of clinical exposure, lots of volunteering, 2 years research.
anything else people would like to know? 🙂
submitted 11/2, complete 11/5, hold letter 1/17.
3.47uGPA with upward trend, 3.44sGPA , 35O. lots of clinical exposure, lots of volunteering, 2 years research.
anything else people would like to know? 🙂
University Track results will be posted in two weeks, shortly after February 25.
Well, guess that's fairly consistent with the date they gave us at interview at least.
Well, guess that's fairly consistent with the date they gave us at interview at least.
I read that on the twitter account too. My application was also deliberated yesterday..haven't they usually released decisions just a few days after the committee meeting? usually two days after on Wednesdays.University Track results will be posted in two weeks, shortly after February 25.
Well, guess that's fairly consistent with the date they gave us at interview at least.
I read that on the twitter account too. My application was also deliberated yesterday..haven't they usually released decisions just a few days after the committee meeting? usually two days after on Wednesdays.
Yeah, I'm kind of confused by this, it seems like for other UT AdComm meetings, they've released results that Wednesday or Thursday? I wonder what makes this one different. I'd like to hope that the results will still magically appear this week, but they seem to be pretty transparent and honest with their Twitter account. Bummer. :/
Well, I just interviewed Monday, and was told in the follow-up email that my results would be released in 2-3 weeks. Maybe the AdComm is releasing all the decisions in one last great batch? Here's to hoping!!
Hm, that would make sense! Are you CCLCM or UT?
ut!hm, that would make sense! Are you cclcm or ut?
Just an FYI for those waiting for decisions. My app was reviewed on January 7th, and the twitter account said that we'd get our decisions in 3 weeks but I actually got mine on January 17th. So it was more like 1.5 weeks. Just letting all of you know that you might get your decisions earlier than expected 🙂
So excited for second look
Anyone still waiting for a response from CP? I interviewed in early December and still nothing. I'm prob going to get rejected like elevanes.
Interviewed at CCLCM on 1/31. just placed on hold.
Hmmm I interviewed at CCLCM on 2/1 and haven't heard anything. Nothing on iApply either. I thought interviewees from 1/31 and 2/1 were reviewed together at the committee meeting? I wonder when I will hear back..
Has anyone had success getting to the financial aid application through Case, using the ID's that were recently added to iApply? I know the email said it would take ~24 hours to register with the servers but it has been 4 days for me and it still says my login ID can't be validated? Anyone else having trouble?
+1has anyone had success getting to the financial aid application through case, using the id's that were recently added to iapply? I know the email said it would take ~24 hours to register with the servers but it has been 4 days for me and it still says my login id can't be validated? Anyone else having trouble?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
X
Last edited:
Has anyone had success getting to the financial aid application through Case, using the ID's that were recently added to iApply? I know the email said it would take ~24 hours to register with the servers but it has been 4 days for me and it still says my login ID can't be validated? Anyone else having trouble?
Have you submitted your FAFSA or Needacesss yet?
If not, I think you need to in order to gain acess.
If you have, then I have no idea.
Have you submitted your FAFSA or Needacesss yet?
If not, I think you need to in order to gain acess.
If you have, then I have no idea.
I have submitted my FAFSA earlier this week and just submitted NeedAccess today
Last edited:
Anyone still waiting for a response from CP? I interviewed in early December and still nothing. I'm prob going to get rejected like elevanes.
I interviewed with CCLCM in wait for it...SEPTEMBER! and I still haven't heard sooo yeeeah, waiting, waiting, waiting.
I interviewed with CCLCM in wait for it...SEPTEMBER! and I still haven't heard sooo yeeeah, waiting, waiting, waiting.
I think you should call the office as opposed to continue waiting. I say this because someone else on the thread called the office about not hearing back from a long time and the following day they were sent an update letter on iApply.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K