You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I am becoming increasingly nervous about getting in! Haha. But how are you doing, Garrbear? Any news that you've received? Hopefully we'll hear something soon...
Garrbear is doing well, thanks!
No news here yet. Admissions said there were 12 people withdrawing.
Make that 13, just withdrew today. Stay patient everybody, I know some of you will get those acceptance letters soon!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the info!Make that 13, just withdrew today. Stay patient everybody, I know some of you will get those acceptance letters soon!
Make that 13, just withdrew today. Stay patient everybody, I know some of you will get those acceptance letters soon!
Thanks for the update and congrats!
Fellow waitlisters, I wonder if the admission office has commented on your chance of getting in?
The lady told me I have good chance and its just time now. I wonder if she's just being nice?
The lady told me I have good chance and its just time now. I wonder if she's just being nice?
Fellow waitlisters, I wonder if the admission office has commented on your chance of getting in?
The lady told me I have good chance and its just time now. I wonder if she's just being nice?
Must means that you have a good chance,I wish she'd say that to me. :beer:
Fellow waitlisters, I wonder if the admission office has commented on your chance of getting in?
The lady told me I have good chance and its just time now. I wonder if she's just being nice?
Are you OOS or IS? Did she indicate how many slots are still open? Thanks.
Are you OOS or IS? Did she indicate how many slots are still open? Thanks.
I'm OOS. Didn't ask how many slots are still open.
Did anyone call in recently to see if there is any waitlist movement?
Did anyone call in recently to see if there is any waitlist movement?
Nah..I made my girlfriend call because I called too often and she told the admissions who she was calling for 🙁 now it's really awkward..
Nah..I made my girlfriend call because I called too often and she told the admissions who she was calling for 🙁 now it's really awkward..
Omg that really is kind of awkward lol
Nah..I made my girlfriend call because I called too often and she told the admissions who she was calling for 🙁 now it's really awkward..
That's awesome
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called last week. And wasn't able to gather much info. I just know im still waitlisted.
Called at the end of last week, but the staff said that there hadn't been any movement that week or in recent weeks, so I'm not sure where the 12 people withdrawing figure came from?
Cumulative from beginning of June
Even OHSU has a movement of 50 people already. Smh
Sigh.... What a bad year to apply for evms
Even OHSU has a movement of 50 people already. Smh
Can you explain the connection between OHSU and EVMS? Thanks.
Can you explain the connection between OHSU and EVMS? Thanks.
I guess garrbear means evms usually has more movement. But even OHSU has a decent number of movement, this year of evms movement doesn't make much sense.
Hey guys I thought I would also post here in addition to facebook, craigslist, and eventmedley. I'm a clean and relaxed M1 2017 male here. I'm coming from San Diego and I was thinking of making a trip over to Norfolk in the next week in addition to flying over there on August 2nd. If anyone was looking for a roommate or someone to search places with, message me and we'll try to get something going. Thanks!
has it been mostly the oos waitlist that has been moving?
I called the office and was told the WL is moving very slowly...
I called the office and was told the WL is moving very slowly...
It is moving?
I withdrew my acceptance just now! I hope it goes to one of you! Good luck! =D
PLZ pick me EVMS!!!!!!!!!!
I withdrew my acceptance just now! I hope it goes to one of you! Good luck! =D
OOS or IS?
OOS female
I sent one last letter of continued interest yesterday, just for the heck of it. Got a response today saying,
Thank you, but there has been little or no wait list movement. We'll add this to your file.
At least they were honest. I love the "little or no" part.
Just thought I'd mention it.
Thank you, but there has been little or no wait list movement. We'll add this to your file.
At least they were honest. I love the "little or no" part.
Just thought I'd mention it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent one last letter of continued interest yesterday, just for the heck of it. Got a response today saying,
Thank you, but there has been little or no wait list movement. We'll add this to your file.
At least they were honest. I love the "little or no" part.
Just thought I'd mention it.
You emailed them the letter as an attachment?
Anyone knows what happened to the supposedly ~12 spots that opened up a few weeks ago?
You emailed them the letter as an attachment?
Anyone knows what happened to the supposedly ~12 spots that opened up a few weeks ago?
Some new additions have slowly been trickling into the facebook group. Perhaps a few spots have been going to non sdn users.
Looks like Garrbear doesnt have to go to school for another year! Huurray
Sorry Garrbear, I was rooting for you
Sorry Garrbear, I was rooting for you
Aww thanks!!
Hi I was wondering what the cost of living is like. What is the average~ price for a two bedroom apartment near campus? Thanks!
Hi I was wondering what the cost of living is like. What is the average~ price for a two bedroom apartment near campus? Thanks!
Did you get off waitlist recently?
Yes within the last 10 days. I'm so grateful/excited-- it was my first/only acceptance.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K