You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I'm on their Facebook page and it seems like the class is almost full!
Where did u get the link? I can't find one on my side garrbear
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just called in...I'm still waitlisted =( The admissions lady told me waitlist movement has been slow "but anything can happen." Here's to hoping!
Why is everyone so quiet? It is not over yet, right? The way I look at it is that no news is good news. Cheers 🙂
Why is everyone so quiet? It is not over yet, right? The way I look at it is that no news is good news. Cheers 🙂
Hip hip hurray!! Keeps hopes up guys!
There are a lot of current M1's in there as well (the facebook group)
Why is everyone so quiet? It is not over yet, right? The way I look at it is that no news is good news. Cheers 🙂
Cheer up everyone!! We will hear back some good news soon!!
Honestly, if EVMS's waitlist isn't moving very much, it probably means that waitlists nationally aren't moving very much either. NYMC and EVMS are typically known as the "waitlist schools" (citation needed).
I would gladly give up my acceptance, as I did not like EVMS very much, but my other waitlist is not moving, and it seems that EVMS is my only shot. Plus, my advisor told me it was poison in the water to get accepted into a medical school, withdraw, and then try to reapply, so I have to stick with what I got.
I would gladly give up my acceptance, as I did not like EVMS very much, but my other waitlist is not moving, and it seems that EVMS is my only shot. Plus, my advisor told me it was poison in the water to get accepted into a medical school, withdraw, and then try to reapply, so I have to stick with what I got.
How could you be on 6 wait lists with those stats?! This process seems more ridiculous the more I learn about it.
Anyway, congrats!
Honestly, if EVMS's waitlist isn't moving very much, it probably means that waitlists nationally aren't moving very much either. NYMC and EVMS are typically known as the "waitlist schools" (citation needed).
I would gladly give up my acceptance, as I did not like EVMS very much, but my other waitlist is not moving, and it seems that EVMS is my only shot. Plus, my advisor told me it was poison in the water to get accepted into a medical school, withdraw, and then try to reapply, so I have to stick with what I got.
EVMS isn't really a waitlist school.
According to US News:
At EVMS it takes 342 acceptances to fill last years class of 146. (2.34)
Compared to UVA which took 411 acceptances to fill last years class of 156(2.63)
and VCU 423 acceptances for 200. (2.115)
If it was a 'waitlist' school the acceptances would be much higher compared to the class size.
NYMC: 667 acceptances for 194.(3.43)
EVMS isn't really a waitlist school.
According to US News:
At EVMS it takes 342 acceptances to fill last years class of 146. (2.34)
Compared to UVA which took 411 acceptances to fill last years class of 156(2.63)
and VCU 423 acceptances for 200. (2.115)
If it was a 'waitlist' school the acceptances would be much higher compared to the class size.
NYMC: 667 acceptances for 194.(3.43)
Alright, moot point, assuming your stats are correct. I'm sorry for the misinformation. That's how my undergrad advertised it as.
Alright, moot point, assuming your stats are correct. I'm sorry for the misinformation. That's how my undergrad advertised it as.
Are you IS or OOS?? Just curious
Oos
Edit: Why were you curious?
Just trying to see if evms really takes a good amount of OOS since I mostly see IS people accepte here lol
EVMS isn't really a waitlist school.
According to US News:
At EVMS it takes 342 acceptances to fill last years class of 146. (2.34)
Compared to UVA which took 411 acceptances to fill last years class of 156(2.63)
and VCU 423 acceptances for 200. (2.115)
If it was a 'waitlist' school the acceptances would be much higher compared to the class size.
NYMC: 667 acceptances for 194.(3.43)
Didn't EVMS offer about 500 waitlist spots this year?? That's a lot comparing to 342 acceptances in the past.
Didn't EVMS offer about 500 waitlist spots this year?? That's a lot comparing to 342 acceptances in the past.
I think they pretty much have this waitlist size every year
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any news anyone?
EVMS has been accepting people off the WL but it's been all of their graduates from the med masters program. They've accepted almost 30 ppl. not sure how many are OOS vs IS. they've probably filled their class and will only accept 2-3 more people max.
EVMS has been accepting people off the WL but it's been all of their graduates from the med masters program. They've accepted almost 30 ppl. not sure how many are OOS vs IS. they've probably filled their class and will only accept 2-3 more people max.
Says the admissions office? Yikes...
EVMS has been accepting people off the WL but it's been all of their graduates from the med masters program. They've accepted almost 30 ppl. not sure how many are OOS vs IS. they've probably filled their class and will only accept 2-3 more people max.
Dude that sucks...
Did you call the admissions today?
Is this cycle outta the norm? Judging from a waitlist that size you'd imagine there were usually a lot of movements on the WL in the past years.
Exactly. There are plenty of acceptances last year at this time. Looks totally different this year. No one is reporting acceptance recently
Exactly. There are plenty of acceptances last year at this time. Looks totally different this year. No one is reporting acceptance recently
**** outta luck
I think you guys should give up and get ready (if you haven't) to re-apply this cycle. It sucks but chances are the waitlist isn't going to move much this year. Got my hopes up for nothing.
yes i think so too. i have my AMCAS ready for reapplication. I am only waiting for them to allow submission
yes i think so too. i have my AMCAS ready for reapplication. I am only waiting for them to allow submission
Almost done with editing my PS...hopefully I can get some eyes on it this week.
Dude that sucks...
Did you call the admissions today?
Yes. the last part about them accepting only 2-3 more ppl is my own speculation.
Yes. the last part about them accepting only 2-3 more ppl is my own speculation.
Did they say their class has been full or no?
Exactly. There are plenty of acceptances last year at this time. Looks totally different this year. No one is reporting acceptance recently
Yes. the last part about them accepting only 2-3 more ppl is my own speculation.
It's his/her own speculation so I think it's safe to relax a little. I'd guess that it would extremely rare for them to accept only 2-3 more people when most of their class comes from the waitlist. No one knows what is really going on except the admissions committee.
The director of admissions was on vacation last week and just came back today. That's most likely why there hasn't been any movement recently.
Did they say their class has been full or no?
Yes the class is full
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes the class is full
apparently other schools' waitlist is moving pretty slow too. (OHSU)
apparently other schools' waitlist is moving pretty slow too. (OHSU)
Everything does not look normal comparing to last years thread..
Anyone called recently?
Is it time to throw in the towel? I've been accepted on an osteopathic school and have been putting off looking for an apt and roommate. I'm thinking it's time to be realistic. The waitlists for WVU, VCU, and EVMS have been slow.
I would start looking for the apt, but not give up hope yet. Once July rolls around, then its safe to call it quits in all likelihood.
Office said there is no applicant withdrawing recently.
Thanks for your info! Good luck man
Thanks for info. OOS/IS? Male/Female?Just withdrew. Hope it helps everyone! Good luck to you all!
Getting into mid June soon...still anxiously waiting!
I don't mean to be a Debbie downer but I wouldn't expect much more wait list movement. I would think only 2-3 more kids would be pulled.
I don't mean to be a Debbie downer but I wouldn't expect much more wait list movement. I would think only 2-3 more kids would be pulled.
Think it might have anything to do with that merger deal between EVMS and W&M?
Think it might have anything to do with that merger deal between EVMS and W&M?
I thought it fell through last year?
I thought it fell through last year?
I think they are still in the process of investigating whether or not the merger is worth while
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think the WL movement has anything to do with that proposed merger
Is there anyone who was told to be on a good spot within the top tier still waiting for acceptance?
Is there anyone who was told to be on a good spot within the top tier still waiting for acceptance?
top tier oos here. i've pretty much given up hope.
top tier oos here. i've pretty much given up hope.
Which position are u within the top tier?
Which position are u within the top tier?
they wouldn't tell me when i asked
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K