You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just rejected via email. 3.75, 32o, oos
Makes me wonder if I should even try. Oregon resident 3.6 cGPA 3.55 sGPA, 31R. No real links to the area.
dsoz
I just called and asked what part of my application was lacking and the woman I spoke with said she can usually find whats wrong with them, but she didn't see anything glaring in mine and would have to get back to me. Strange, I have good ECs and LORs, not sure what it could have been. Guess I will find out when she calls me back.
Wow! Those are high stats to be rejected this early. Sorry to hear that. You'll definitely get in somewhere else with those numbers.Post, secondary was complete on the 26th
I just called and asked what part of my application was lacking and the woman I spoke with said she can usually find whats wrong with them, but she didn't see anything glaring in mine and would have to get back to me. Strange, I have good ECs and LORs, not sure what it could have been. Guess I will find out when she calls me back.
Please post to let us all know why. It may save me the secondary fee if it is just a numbers thing.
dsoz
Has anyone gotten an interview invite yet? How long after secondary submission did those of you who heard back get a reply from the admissions office? Just submitted my secondary and am just looking for a window to expect a response.
Oh wow, there are a lot of good OOS candidates getting rejections already... I'm not feeling good about this app
Post-Secondary Rejection
OOS 3.73/3.7ish 31L
Great ECs, LORs, and PS.
How do you know your LORs and PS were "great"? 😕
Oh wow, there are a lot of good OOS candidates getting rejections already... I'm not feeling good about this app
FWIW, I have lower GPAs than most of the OOS getting the reject and I haven't felt the doom hammer yet... so be at ease.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any of those who were rejected submit the application after the deadline?
OOS still not rejected
hey everyone, do they screen pre-secondary? No secondary still, OOS, 33/3.75, verified early july
Yes, per the MSAR there is a pre-secondary screen.
I wouldn't worry too much, OOS 3.5ish / 28R, complete early August and I'm still not rejected. Keep in mind that there are a metric ****-ton of people out there with great stats, so they look heavily at other aspects of your app as well. I doubt I'll get an II since they basically sent me an email advising me to retake the MCAT, but we'll see 🙄
also got an interview invite 🙂 OOS
also got an interview invite 🙂 OOS
+1 wooohooooo!!!!!!!!
Dear Applicant:
We have all the materials necessary to complete your application for admission.
You will be notified as soon as our Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and a decision concerning your candidacy has been made.
Complete 08/01
Nothin' since.
We have all the materials necessary to complete your application for admission.
You will be notified as soon as our Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and a decision concerning your candidacy has been made.
Complete 08/01
Nothin' since.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long have you guys been making your essays? The small box for font makes me think they prefer very short, 100 or so word responses, but I'd like to hear some theories (especially from those with interview invites).
Thanks for any advice.
My first three were ~100 words and the last two were ~200 words.
Obligatory quality over quantity reminder.
My first three were ~100 words and the last two were ~200 words.
Obligatory quality over quantity reminder.
ok my thoughts exactly....glad to hear someone else say it though
Can someone please post the 2012- 2013 secondary essay prompts? Thank you so much!
Can someone please post the 2012- 2013 secondary essay prompts? Thank you so much!
Go back to page one and READ the thread before asking questions that have been answered at least twice.
*2011-2012 secondary questions*
And as such are subject to change for the 2012-2013 secondary
2000 char limit each with spaces
1. Briefly describe your exposure to medicine.
2. What do you think you will like best about being a physician?
3. What do you think you will like least about being a physician?
4. Describe yourself and your medical career as you see it ten years from now.
5. Please indicate your reasons for applying to EVMS.
Like Don15, I'm an incoming MS1. I'll try to answer questions here (If I know the answers).
The questions have not changed.
dsoz
Interview Invite for 9/5
3.5/32 OOS
Anyone know how long the interview portion of the visit lasts? Trying to plan my flight.
It's in the e-mail. Combine that specific information with the Interview feedback and last years thread... you have your answer.
Should I be concerned if my application was complete 7/18 and still haven't heard back since?
Hopefully it's not a bad thing...Should I be concerned if my application was complete 7/18 and still haven't heard back since?
Mine was complete 7/17 and I haven't heard anything either
Hopefully it's not a bad thing...
Mine was complete 7/17 and I haven't heard anything either
At least we haven't been rejected
yet.

It's so early in the application cycle, you shouldn't be worried at all about not hearing anything. I suggest you keep busy doing something else, so you don't go nuts constantly thinking about it. I wouldn't start worrying until June of next year. People even get accepted that late, so don't worry.
I'll be worried long before June lol. But ya, now is too early to worry.
Should I be concerned if my application was complete 7/18 and still haven't heard back since?
Sometimes, "no news is good news". I'd rather be in the dark than receiving a rejection letter.
Interview invite this afternoon! Circumstances have changed so I'm considering not dealing with travel, expenses, etc but thought I'd let yall know they're making moves. ~33, ~3.7, OOS.
Complete 7/11
Complete 7/11
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whoever took my September 26th interview date![]()
Haha! Are all the Sept. dates full now? I got the email this afternoon but didn't have a chance to call yet... Stuck at work training in a different time zone, unfortunately.
I have a quick question about the secondary. How are we suppose to include courses that had a combined lab and lecture? Also, it says if your on the quarter system to list courses twice, does that mean I list every course twice? That confused me a little. Sorry if I am just not reading it right.
Haha! Are all the Sept. dates full now? I got the email this afternoon but didn't have a chance to call yet... Stuck at work training in a different time zone, unfortunately.
Well, I don't know. I live in Washington, and the earlier dates involved $600 and $700 airfares, so I didn't bother looking at them. The September 26th date had only two spots available and airfare was $400. I received the email at 12:00pm PST and called at around 3:00pm and the two spots were gone.
I was able to secure an October spot.
Well, I don't know. I live in Washington, and the earlier dates involved $600 and $700 airfares, so I didn't bother looking at them. The September 26th date had only two spots available and airfare was $400. I received the email at 12:00pm PST and called at around 3:00pm and the two spots were gone.
I was able to secure an October spot.
Awesome, good to know they'll schedule for October too. Do you know if they have Monday interviews, or only Wednesday/Friday? Thanks!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
