2012-2013 New York University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sent in a LOI on Monday, got accepted today! I was set for the May 15th deadline, but with 5 days to spare I've been thrown a tough decision...
so are the people who were accepted this week only given until may 15th to decide?

Members don't see this ad.

Sent in a LOI on Monday, got accepted today! I was set for the May 15th deadline, but with 5 days to spare I've been thrown a tough decision...

well if you had sent an intent letter, then you don't have a choice unless financial aid significantly differs, but otherwise it looks bad if you turn down your intent school. if you just sent an interest letter, good luck with your decisions!

Members don't see this ad :)
well if you had sent an intent letter, then you don't have a choice unless financial aid significantly differs, but otherwise it looks bad if you turn down your intent school. if you just sent an interest letter, good luck with your decisions!

It was an interest letter...need to watch out with my abbreviations

Can anyone tell me what is and what is not in the housing cost if living in, say, Vilcek Hall? Internet, electricity, etc?

Can anyone tell me what is and what is not in the housing cost if living in, say, Vilcek Hall? Internet, electricity, etc?

Rent for Vilcek: $940/month
Rent for Greenberg: $920/month
Studios in either of these go up to ~$1,500/month
No additional fees for wi-fi, cable tv, electricity, water, AC/heating in Vilcek.
I believe you have to pay for internet, tv, electricity in Greenberg.

Study room, printer, lounge, gym, laundry room in Vilcek
Laundry and courtyard in Greenberg

Just got in off the waitlist, the only letter I sent in was an update back at the end of January. Completely torn between here and Albert Einstein. Out of curiosity, does the gym have a racquetball court or anything like that?

Accepted off the waitlist this morning via email!!! I sent a letter of interest in March.

I will now proceed to happy dance for the rest of the day.

Got in today off the waitlist. I didn't send any updates. I'm honestly torn because it would literally be twice as expensive to go to NYU over another school.

Got in today off the waitlist. I didn't send any updates. I'm honestly torn because it would literally be twice as expensive to go to NYU over another school.
congrats! how much time did they give you all to decide?

Two weeks! Pretty generous, but it makes sense now that we can't get back our deposit and so on. Argh decisions!

Rent for Vilcek: $940/month
Rent for Greenberg: $920/month
Studios in either of these go up to ~$1,500/month
No additional fees for wi-fi, cable tv, electricity, water, AC/heating in Vilcek.
I believe you have to pay for internet, tv, electricity in Greenberg.

Study room, printer, lounge, gym, laundry room in Vilcek
Laundry and courtyard in Greenberg

Thanks! Also, are the rooms furnished with a bed, desk, etc? I'm moving from the west coast so it would be nice not to have to worry about those things.

Thanks! Also, are the rooms furnished with a bed, desk, etc? I'm moving from the west coast so it would be nice not to have to worry about those things.
You can request housing to give you a furnished room - I sent them an email because I thought of it after I'd mailed my housing form.

Members don't see this ad :)

Furnished room is the default -- you have to opt out of it. You get a twin XL bed, desk, desk chair, dresser (and an actual closet which isn't a piece of furniture but still). Sometimes you get a bookcase that sits on top of your desk. Most people tell them to hold the bed and buy themselves a full bed. If only you guys could have access to the slew of emails we're getting from MS4s trying to sell their beds for like 25-50% face value!

For those who have been accepted from the waitlist, when did you receive financial aid information? I was accepted via email this week and can't find any information about it.

I was accepted Friday and got my financial aid this morning. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you....

Oh wow, congrats!!! When did you get off the list?

Oh Wow, congrats! When did you get off the list?

facebook group still looks relatively small, are most people offered admission off the wait-list declining?

I only knew about the Facebook group from SDN, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Also got in off the waitlist this past week! Yay!!! They offered me a good aid package, too, so I'll definitely be here next year!

Post baccs are interviewing this week! Any advice? Or can anyone comment on the interview experience? How the day works? Thanks!!!

Just wanted to say I was accepted off of the waitlist recently. And will be matriculating. Keep up your hopes for those of you on the waitlist!!!! GOOD LUCK!

does anyone know how much more movement will come, according to past trends? It seems like it might be over soon...

is there still any hope at all for wait list applicants?

Theoretically? Yes. Realistically? No.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Does everyone have a tab in the application portal for the tertiary application? I'm on the waitlist, and I never saw that tab until now. Maybe I just didn't notice it before.

Does everyone have a tab in the application portal for the tertiary application? I'm on the waitlist, and I never saw that tab until now. Maybe I just didn't notice it before.
doesn't mean anything, i think it's bc they updated their application for the upcoming cycle. they really need to tell us if we have no chance by now. there's no point in delaying.

Status
Not open for further replies.