2012-2013 New York University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
waitlisted.:p

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
wait listed. those of u getting into Harvard please give up your spot soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted, anyone know when movement begins?

II belive there would be more. There are some people who are not on SDN. I wonder why we have not received our final decision yet. I will check my email again at 5pm :confused:

No acceptances except that one???

Dear ________,

After careful consideration of your application, the Committee on Admissions is unable to offer you a place in the class entering August, 2013.

This year, we received over 8,800 applications for the 166 places available in the entering class. It is unfortunate that you were not among the many well-qualified candidates.

Please let me take this opportunity to wish you every success and to thank you for your interest in New York University School of Medicine.

+1

dear ________,

after careful consideration of your application, the committee on admissions is unable to offer you a place in the class entering august, 2013.

This year, we received over 8,800 applications for the 166 places available in the entering class. It is unfortunate that you were not among the many well-qualified candidates.

Please let me take this opportunity to wish you every success and to thank you for your interest in new york university school of medicine.

Dear ________,

After careful consideration of your application, the Committee on Admissions is unable to offer you a place in the class entering August, 2013.

Please let me take this opportunity to wish you every success and to thank you for your interest in New York University School of Medicine.

That's actually a really terrible letter on their part.

Ok mine said the same thing except "it is unfortunate that we were unable to accept many well-qualified candidates" instead of referring directly to me. Strange.

Ok mine said the same thing except "it is unfortunate that we were unable to accept many well-qualified candidates" instead of referring directly to me. Strange.

The awful one did look like really bad copypasta from a couple different places, hopefully they realized how it came across. I'm sure it wasn't deliberate, just someone not paying attention.

Waitlisted by email today as well

Mine said the same. First rejection but plenty of acceptances so it's all gravy.

To all those waitlisted, rest assured that if you really want to go to NYU there is still a good chance (I got accepted from the waitlist last year). The important thing: MAKE IT KNOWN you want to go here. NYU loves update letters and interest letters. I would guess that somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of our class came off the waitlist. Also, they pulled people off the list all the way through the end of July last year. Good luck everyone!!! :)

Wait listed. Oh well. I would love to go here but i wonder if its worth even trying since i wouldn't attend without a significant scholarship.

Does anyone know if you do happen to get off the wait list, is it usually with no financial aid?

Has anyone not used the online file uploader to submit any updates?

Waitlisted. Yep I haven't submitted any updates.

Edit: Are any of these rejections post-interview? Or are they all pre-interview?

So when I got off the WL, I still was offered the same amount of financial aid as if I were accepted during the year. They are pretty generous if you have a lot of need. Financial aid doesn't depend on when you get accepted.

So when I got off the WL, I still was offered the same amount of financial aid as if I were accepted during the year. They are pretty generous if you have a lot of need. Financial aid doesn't depend on when you get accepted.

Thanks for the advice!

Also waitlisted. Going to start sending the love letters now :)

Do you plan on using the online portal to upload any updates/letters?
I did and I also sent my individual interviewer an email to notify them that I'd submitted an update.

anyone know how many are accepted right off the bat and then how many are waitlisted?
does nyu waitlist most people?

anyone know how many are accepted right off the bat and then how many are waitlisted?
does nyu waitlist most people?
I'm not sure if this is common information, but I would hazard a guess that NYU accepts more than the 160 spots at the outset (I feel like from a previous year's thread someone might have said 300?). But should waitlist movement occur (which always has been the case), it won't start until around that deadline in May. I don't know how many people NYU places on the waitlist, but they do reject people post-interview so it means you're still in consideration.

I'm not sure if this is common information, but I would hazard a guess that NYU accepts more than the 160 spots at the outset (I feel like from a previous year's thread someone might have said 300?). But should waitlist movement occur (which always has been the case), it won't start until around that deadline in May. I don't know how many people NYU places on the waitlist, but they do reject people post-interview so it means you're still in consideration.
thanks! when did you get off the waitlist?

Good luck to everyone! :luck::luck::luck:

Has anyone who applied to the 3 yr program heard back yet?

Hey! I'm a first year at NYUSOM. Let me know if you have any questions about the school. Also, I was accepted in mid-May during the second round of wait list acceptances; for those of you who were waitlisted, there's a very real chance you can be accepted. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Hey! I'm a first year at NYUSOM. Let me know if you have any questions about the school. Also, I was accepted in mid-May during the second round of wait list acceptances; for those of you who were waitlisted, there's a very really chance you can be accepted. Best of luck!
when was the first round?

probably 2 weeks before I got accepted so around the last the week of april

Hey! I'm a first year at NYUSOM. Let me know if you have any questions about the school. Also, I was accepted in mid-May during the second round of wait list acceptances; for those of you who were waitlisted, there's a very real chance you can be accepted. Best of luck!
I feel like this is a question you probably don't have the answer to, but do you have any idea how many people are on the waitlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.