2012-2013 Rush Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yea i post alot







😀







Either. It just seems like Chicago has a really high concentration of med schools and I'm curious how people (med and lay) view them all.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

LOL. I'd agree with that statement.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd personally disagree but I am 100% biased.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using SDN Mobile
Lol, yeah. I love Rush, and I would love to go there, but every Rush student I've met (and I've met a few) have been biased to delusion. I've had a few argue to me that Rush deserved to be ranked in the top 20 nationally. I appreciate the love students that go to Rush have for their school, but come on, lol. Like I said, Loyola is a bit higher than Rush (especially when it comes to MCAT/GPA, but that obviously means very little), but in the end, go where you think you'll be happiest, and screw rankings. You'll be able to do whatever you want to coming out of Loyola or Rush.
 
Lol, yeah. I love Rush, and I would love to go there, but every Rush student I've met (and I've met a few) have been biased to delusion. I've had a few argue to me that Rush deserved to be ranked in the top 20 nationally. I appreciate the love students that go to Rush have for their school, but come on, lol. Like I said, Loyola is a bit higher than Rush (especially when it comes to MCAT/GPA, but that obviously means very little), but in the end, go where you think you'll be happiest, and screw rankings. You'll be able to do whatever you want to coming out of Loyola or Rush.

So what I am reading here is that you would love to be delusional? Interesting. Haha 😛

Sent from my SCH-I510 using SDN Mobile
 
Idk what Rush is like, but I can tell you that it is intriguing enough to have made it on my short list of schools I will not withdraw from if Loyola gives me the nod on 10/15. Including Rush, there are 4 schools on that list, 2 of which are <2 miles from my house.
 
Idk what Rush is like, but I can tell you that it is intriguing enough to have made it on my short list of schools I will not withdraw from if Loyola gives me the nod on 10/15. Including Rush, there are 4 schools on that list, 2 of which are <2 miles from my house.

Dude-I hope you get the chance to find out.

SoulInNeed- the kool aid is green, hope thats okay. Haha (Im just glad you understand my snarkiness and didnt get all nerrrgh about it. )

Sent from my SCH-I510 using SDN Mobile
 
How did you guys fill out the secondary for the activities that you are continuing to do? Like, what date did you use as the end date? I called and they said that they don't answer questions regarding the secondary over the phone. So, I emailed them but still haven't gotten a response.

Any input would be appreciated!
 
Dude-I hope you get the chance to find out.

SoulInNeed- the kool aid is green, hope thats okay. Haha (Im just glad you understand my snarkiness and didnt get all nerrrgh about it. )

Sent from my SCH-I510 using SDN Mobile

Me too!

How did you guys fill out the secondary for the activities that you are continuing to do? Like, what date did you use as the end date? I called and they said that they don't answer questions regarding the secondary over the phone. So, I emailed them but still haven't gotten a response.

Any input would be appreciated!

I think I just left it blank..? Or maybe put the date that I was submitting the secondary.
 
Interview Invite!! Complete 8/16. 3.4/3.4 and 29P MCAT.URM with a lot of research experience and extracurricular activities. Received the email 4 hours ago!

I also just got an interview invite late last night via email. I was complete around early august.

I also received an invite! I'm super excited because I hear so many great things about Chicago! After selecting a date did you guys receive an email regarding the itinerary or what time we should arrive at the interview?
 
Dude-I hope you get the chance to find out.

Just want to point out that GraMaire's baking is why I came to Rush.

Also, I'm another M1 available for questions by post or PM or whatever.

This place is amazing and I love every day here! Hope y'all can join us, soon! :xf:

jchap
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just want to point out that GraMaire's baking is why I came to Rush.

Also, I'm another M1 available for questions by post or PM or whatever.

This place is amazing and I love every day here! Hope y'all can join us, soon! :xf:

jchap


IT'S ABOUT TIME JCHAP! I harassed you, I mean asked lovingly, about coming on to answer questions like a month ago. 🙄 (Seriously, broseph, it's a great procrastination tool. Let's be real, i-human basic sciences? Those are hard.)

And way to blow my cover, dood. I came to Rush because of jchap's hair.
 
Just want to point out that GraMaire's baking is why I came to Rush.

Also, I'm another M1 available for questions by post or PM or whatever.

This place is amazing and I love every day here! Hope y'all can join us, soon! :xf:

jchap

Rush is in the city, right? Do most of you live within walking distance of the campus?
 
Do you live alone? Garage parking?

Ill Pm you to limit people from stalking me haha

Sorry for the shorter response before. I had physicianship small group.

People live wherever they want. I love being walking distance. Id def suggest living near the blue or pink lines or a bus stop for convenience if you dont want to live near Rush.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using SDN Mobile
 
Ill Pm you to limit people from stalking me haha

Sorry for the shorter response before. I had physicianship small group.

People live wherever they want. I love being walking distance. Id def suggest living near the blue or pink lines or a bus stop for convenience if you dont want to live near Rush.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using SDN Mobile

Ok thanks 🙂

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
 
Rush is in the city, right? Do most of you live within walking distance of the campus?

I live in Roscoe Village, about 5.5 miles due north of Rush. I drive (~25-30 min w/morning traffic), and park for $40/month in a garage attached to the building. I occasionally take the Damen bus, which takes closer 45-50 minutes, door-to-door.

Most live within a few blocks of Rush.

I like having a "sanctuary" away from school, and I also just really like Roscoe Village a lot.

OK, I will now go back to watching video demonstrations so that I know how to hack into a (edit: deceased) human shoulder in 12 hours. :highfive:
 
Is this what med student flirting looks like? 😉 :laugh:

hahahahahahhahahahahhahahah

Jchap is 1. Like a brother 2. engaged.

And med school flirting... what's that?

ALSO! People with II--- use the student hosting program!!! Hang out with your future big sib(s) and learn about Rush/Chicago and save monies.
 
Last edited:
If any of the Med students aren't too busy, I would love to meet up the day before my interview (on Oct 16th) and learn more about the school! PM if this is at all possible 🙂
 
I believe I was one of the first group of people who were complete at Rush (at least here on SDN anyways) and I haven't gotten a II yet. Does this mean that they passed over my app and they will wait to review me later on in the cycle? 🙁
 
If I'm an average Rush Applicant is it too late to submit a secondary in the next few days?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hahahahahahhahahahahhahahah

Jchap is 1. Like a brother 2. engaged.

And med school flirting... what's that?

ALSO! People with II--- use the student hosting program!!! Hang out with your future big sib(s) and learn about Rush/Chicago and save monies.

:laugh:

But seriously though, if I got an interview invite now, I'd be psyched mostly from you. You basically sold me on this school, and if you're any indication of what the students there are like, I'd be so happy to go there.
 
:laugh:

But seriously though, if I got an interview invite now, I'd be psyched mostly from you. You basically sold me on this school, and if you're any indication of what the students there are like, I'd be so happy to go there.

+1 Rush went from just another school on my list to somewhere I really really want to check out now because of her!
 
hahahahahahhahahahahhahahah

Jchap is 1. Like a brother 2. engaged.

And med school flirting... what's that?

ALSO! People with II--- use the student hosting program!!! Hang out with your future big sib(s) and learn about Rush/Chicago and save monies.

Im staying with you, get excited.





I don't REALLY know. I'm just assuming that since I was marked complete on 8/7. That was just a negative Nancy assumption 😛

8/9 or 8/10 for me and I feel the same way.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
 
Interview Invite at 2am! All the dates were filled in October except the 10th and I couldn't see any dates in November--hopefully they open up soon 😀
 
Just want to point out that GraMaire's baking is why I came to Rush.

Also, I'm another M1 available for questions by post or PM or whatever.

This place is amazing and I love every day here! Hope y'all can join us, soon! :xf:

jchap

nerd
 
:laugh:

But seriously though, if I got an interview invite now, I'd be psyched mostly from you. You basically sold me on this school, and if you're any indication of what the students there are like, I'd be so happy to go there.

+1 Rush went from just another school on my list to somewhere I really really want to check out now because of her!

+2! I WANT TO FIESTA AT RUSH! It's too bad I've already been passed over 🙁

Im staying with you, get excited.


haha Thanks. I wish you all the best of luck, seriously. I feel very fortunate to be at Rush, and could not have found a better fit for myself.... although I don't know how representative I am of people in my class. I'm probs one of the more ridiculously obnoxious ones (I'm always posting in the fb group to get people to do an activity or volunteer event)

And to my classmate who is lurking... help us out! Answer their questions, bro. Or they're all going to be ridiculously biased by my opinions, which is no bueno.
 


Maubs!!!! ---for you all, Maubs is an M2. The saying it takes one to know one comes to mind right about now... haha He was me last year (ie the obnoxious/crazy M1 who answered questions on SDN) SO you all should send him PMs to ask about Rush, and ignore his bitter-old man 'tude

And don't even act like you weren't puppy-dogging for baked goods this week. My snickerdoodles made your Monday.
 
I don't REALLY know. I'm just assuming that since I was marked complete on 8/7. That was just a negative Nancy assumption 😛

Im staying with you, get excited.

8/9 or 8/10 for me and I feel the same way.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

I feel you guys, 8/8 for me and still nothing. I'm starting to hyperventilate thinking that my app was passed over by Rush.
 
Hi guys, I was wondering if the interview day schedule is available anywhere and whether Rush has a student hosting program. Most schools have a page on the website or a
Confirmation email containing helpful information for the interview day, and I did not see one for Rush. Perhaps I should call?
 
Hi guys, I was wondering if the interview day schedule is available anywhere and whether Rush has a student hosting program. Most schools have a page on the website or a
Confirmation email containing helpful information for the interview day, and I did not see one for Rush. Perhaps I should call?

We do have student hosting! Rush will eventually send you information to contact them, but you can email them at [email protected]. I am pretty sure that when Rush emails you info about the student hosting you have to fill out a quick survey that they give you. And then you send that to the email address I just posted.

**EDIT** I actually just looked it up, I believe when you get your confirmation email for the interview date all the accommodations (hotels, transportation, hosting, etc) will be sent to you as well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Staying up late tonight in hopes of a Rush II. I've heard people have gotten them in the middle of the night via email.
 
Staying up late tonight in hopes of a Rush II. I've heard people have gotten them in the middle of the night via email.

It's kind of fun to wake up to it, though. Plus, you get sleep that way. I believe in MedPR!
 
It's kind of fun to wake up to it, though. Plus, you get sleep that way. I believe in MedPR!

You got a 38 on your MCAT? Jesus.

I haven't heard anything from an MD school in quite a while and I'm definitely getting antsy again.
 
I'm definitely getting antsy again.

C'mon, yo! Staying up in hopes of receiving a midnight e-mail will not help with the antsiness. Are you in school right now? There's gotta be a better use of your time. I'm not saying it's not okay to feel antsy--of course it is, we all do!--but you don't have to go out of your way to feed into it.

Here...go watch this instead of checking your e-mail:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVMhuiHm50I
 
Status
Not open for further replies.