2012-2013 Rush Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait, so NO ONE on SDN got one? I find that hard to believe...

They hate us bro.

tumblr_livy8zwzt71qgq9fxo1_500.png
 
My status page says last updated on the 7th, so maybe they just didn't click send yet or update things from the weekend.
 
Wait, so NO ONE on SDN got one? I find that hard to believe...

I take this as a good sign. SDNers seem like a pretty likely bunch to get IIs... so I take nobody getting one yet as a sign that not that many have gone out. Which means that there are many still available for the getting .... 🙂

:xf: for all of us!

Also, jlescher, just saw your post and checked my status page... mine says last updated 9/7 too. I figure that means they must've at least looked at it...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I take this as a good sign. SDNers seem like a pretty likely bunch to get IIs... so I take nobody getting one yet as a sign that not that many have gone out. Which means that there are many still available for the getting .... 🙂

:xf: for all of us!

Also, jlescher, just saw your post and checked my status page... mine says last updated 9/7 too. I figure that means they must've at least looked at it...

Yeah, they are looking at our stuff and updating but he said II went out on the 8th. So they either didn't send them out on the 8th, maybe sending them today. Or, they sent them on the 8th but didn't update the status pages. I just think it would be strange to send out II without updating status pages.
 
Yeah, they are looking at our stuff and updating but he said II went out on the 8th. So they either didn't send them out on the 8th, maybe sending them today. Or, they sent them on the 8th but didn't update the status pages. I just think it would be strange to send out II without updating status pages.

nope.

"AFTER COMPLETION OF FILE: Once the banner at the top of this page states "Your File Is Complete," this page will NOT provide any additional status information. Because Rush uses a rolling admissions process, completed applications may be under review for a potential interview until the end of the Recruitment Season (late February/early March). Therefore, Rush might not be in contact with applicants for several months. We appreciate your patience."
 
Yeah, they are looking at our stuff and updating but he said II went out on the 8th. So they either didn't send them out on the 8th, maybe sending them today. Or, they sent them on the 8th but didn't update the status pages. I just think it would be strange to send out II without updating status pages.

Yeah, the status page won't be updated, but I do think that the 'last updated' probably means they've done something with it. On the other hand, I figure GraMaire is probably right, which just means that they've sent II out but not to us. Our applications are probably still under review.

[/me overanalyzing]
 
Last edited:
I got the info from an adcommer that they had opened up the first two dates to applicants. There are still many dates of course.
 
nope.

"AFTER COMPLETION OF FILE: Once the banner at the top of this page states "Your File Is Complete," this page will NOT provide any additional status information. Because Rush uses a rolling admissions process, completed applications may be under review for a potential interview until the end of the Recruitment Season (late February/early March). Therefore, Rush might not be in contact with applicants for several months. We appreciate your patience."

I realize that. My point had more to do with the date and less to do with an actual update on your status page. It may not say "interview invite" but your status page updates daily. My page says "last updated on 9/7/12" even though I have been complete for a month. Check the bottom of the page.

My point was, if they sent out II without updating status pages it would lead me to believe they didn't do anything with the system over the weekend.
 
I realize that. My point had more to do with the date and less to do with an actual update on your status page. It may not say "interview invite" but your status page updates daily. My page says "last updated on 9/7/12" even though I have been complete for a month. Check the bottom of the page.

My point was, if they sent out II without updating status pages it would lead me to believe they didn't do anything with the system over the weekend.

nope.
 
How long did it take everybody's letters to be uploaded?

I'm wondering that too....I submitted on 8/10 but forgot to send in my signature form until 8/24.

It says they've received the stuff I've mailed but still haven't marked my letters received even though letters should have been there the 8/20 or so... I'm going to call tomorrow if it hasn't changed. I'll let you know what they say.
 
I'm wondering that too....I submitted on 8/10 but forgot to send in my signature form until 8/24.

It says they've received the stuff I've mailed but still haven't marked my letters received even though letters should have been there the 8/20 or so... I'm going to call tomorrow if it hasn't changed. I'll let you know what they say.

It was a few days after they received my form. Call if you want, but they will upload. It just takes a while.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Black is white. Up is down. Dogs and cats, living together. Something is wrong! 🙂



Hahahahahaha

They sent out maybe 60 total and all were to people complete way early so no worrying yet or you will all be matriculating with hypertension.
 
they sent out 60 interview invites and not a single one of them was a SDN user? i find that highly unlikely

If you read through, you'll see that an admissions committee member told me (an MS1) they opened up the first few interview dates for the end of September. Recalling my own interview day had about 20 interviewees, I extrapolated from this to get about 60 II. It may have been less.

So while it is unlikely, it is a fact that II have been sent out. I'm sure more will be sent out soon (being the next two weeks) and some will go to SDNers eventually.
 
If you read through, you'll see that an admissions committee member told me (an MS1) they opened up the first few interview dates for the end of September. Recalling my own interview day had about 20 interviewees, I extrapolated from this to get about 60 II. It may have been less.

So while it is unlikely, it is a fact that II have been sent out. I'm sure more will be sent out soon (being the next two weeks) and some will go to SDNers eventually.

Btw he was just displaying his disbelief since SDN is mainly comprised of the creme de la creme and how usually there is one user of SDN who gets an II in the first round of II at schools (even at the most competitive of schools)

I don't buy it. GraMaire is clearly lying to us for his own gain.

:laugh: +1👍
 
Damn my bad! Won't happen again 😎

Haha Im just sassing but SDN creep. I promise I am a real Ms1 at Rush who is friends with the MS2 on he adcom (theres one m1-yet to be picked, one m2 two m3& two m4s and then a lot of faculty) 🙂


And clearly IM procrastinating harddddd
Sent from my SCH-I510 using SDN Mobile
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha Im just sassing but SDN creep. I promise I am a real Ms1 at Rush who is friends with the MS2 on he adcom (theres one m1-yet to be picked, one m2 two m3& two m4s and then a lot of faculty) 🙂


And clearly IM procrastinating harddddd
Sent from my SCH-I510 using SDN Mobile

You're beautiful.

(If you get picked for the adcom, remember to look at my app nicely.) 😉
 
Haha Im just sassing but SDN creep. I promise I am a real Ms1 at Rush who is friends with the MS2 on he adcom (theres one m1-yet to be picked, one m2 two m3& two m4s and then a lot of faculty) 🙂


And clearly IM procrastinating harddddd
Sent from my SCH-I510 using SDN Mobile

She doth not lie! I knoweth thy true identity; an M1 she is. Everyone taketh your pills of chill.

Is it obvious yet that I preferred science to Shakespeare? Little bit? Maybe a tad?
 
How long does it usually take for rush to update status online? My letter was received on Mon but no status update that reflect that
 
How long does it usually take for rush to update status online? My letter was received on Mon but no status update that reflect that

Once marked complete there are no status updates. It can take up to four weeks for letters to be added as they recieve thousands of apps. If it hits four weeks then call to double check.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using SDN Mobile
 
they sent out 60 interview invites and not a single one of them was a SDN user? i find that highly unlikely

An SDNer not getting an interview is like throwing a baseball at a brick wall and having it pass right through. Really unlikely, but it is possible.
 
Just a heads-up, if you are complete and getting antsy, don't bother emailing the admissions office asking about any additional information on when your application might get reviewed. I just did that, and here was their response:

"Once an application is complete, this office does not receive further status updates until the Committee on Admissions asks us to extend an interview invitation. Therefore, we have no additional information to provide you."

Looks like we really just have to sit-tight and wait. AAAHHHHH!!!!!
 
Rush is my dream school! The waiting game is driving me nuts. I want that II



👍

To just the first part haha I am legit obsessed. My friends at other med schools have commented on how much more clinical experience we have already and on simple things like how they print our notes for us. (no textbooks needed unless you want to buy them, atlases excepted).

If anyone has school (not II ) questions, just ask.
 
Hey guys! I am a current M1 here at Rush and decided to browse through the thread... so I spoke to the Director of Recruitment today and she said that the first interviews (or "recruitment days", as they call it) will probably be around Oct. 3... additionally she said they were having issues with the server from the "Secondaries" website (which is apparently a 3rd party) so that may cause some delay as well. So don't freak out yet if your page isn't marked complete soon after you've turned things in or you haven't been extended an interview invite. And i know how stressful interview season can be....living in a ball of uncertainty concerning where your life is going to be over the next year, but I want to reassure you guys that Rush isn't forgetting about you guys. When i was applying last year, I totally didn't realize that we had to mail extra stuff in until much later... but they were understanding of that and i got an invite Oct.6, interviewed 1st week of Nov., got accepted in early December....so none of you are "late" in the game or anything. I submitted my secondary in early August and was complete 3 weeks later. So technically, from the time I submitted everything up until my interview invite was about 2 months... so believe me, I feel your pain 🙂 and I hope that gives you guys some perspective.

Rush is an amazing school and they truly care about the students and i love it! Let me know if you guys have any questions and i'll try to answer the best I can. Can't wait until interviews start to meet some of you guys! Good luck!!!
 
Thanks FL1234. Did they say if any invites had actually gone out? I called the other day and they said no but on this thread someone said they had.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks FL1234. Did they say if any invites had actually gone out? I called the other day and they said no but on this thread someone said they had.


The M2 on the adcom told me yes but I have not spoken to the director who would be a more accurate person to ask. The M2 also said he had his first interview to do at the end of September so pehaps that changed as well.
 
Thanks FL1234. Did they say if any invites had actually gone out? I called the other day and they said no but on this thread someone said they had.

well to be honest with you, I forgot to ask... since GraMaire is one of my classmates I know she's not making it up and I am pretty sure that she is correct and some interview invites have gone out. and since they are starting interviews in about 2 weeks, I am pretty sure people have gotten invites.
 
I just got that recruitment email

+1

Does it mean anything?

EDIT: Wait, which email did you get, the one pre-secondary telling you to complete the secondary? I just got an email entitled "Rush Medical College and John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook Co," talking about the great hospitals at Rush, etc..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.