You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Rush Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
So I sent out my filled out form, check, and passport on August 17 but I guess I didn't actually click submit my secondary online. If they received my form before submitting online would they just throw it away? Do I need to resend it or should they have notified me when they received it? Pretty nervous because got an email this morning saying I only have 10 more days
GraMaire, thanks a lot for all the info you've been posting in this thread! I just took some time to read up and its been very helpful
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hahahahaha
"They do not have a minimum subscore but they do like a balanced overall score a lot."-- the text from my upperclassman friend who is on the adcom
That seems reasonable. Thanks!
So I sent out my filled out form, check, and passport on August 17 but I guess I didn't actually click submit my secondary online. If they received my form before submitting online would they just throw it away? Do I need to resend it or should they have notified me when they received it? Pretty nervous because got an email this morning saying I only have 10 more days
Isn't the 30 day limit just to fill out the online portion of the secondary? I think the other forms just need to be received by the nov 15 (?) deadline.
So I sent out my filled out form, check, and passport on August 17 but I guess I didn't actually click submit my secondary online. If they received my form before submitting online would they just throw it away? Do I need to resend it or should they have notified me when they received it? Pretty nervous because got an email this morning saying I only have 10 more days
I'd assume they don't throw things away until after the cycle ends. If you submitted online now, I'd give them 3 weeks to mark you complete, and then call/email. If you're super anxious, just wait a week. (It takes time to process thousands of apps.)
typicalindian- Schmanx. Also so glad people read threads instead of asking the same questions haha 🙂
I'm in the same boat! I did well in two sections, but my PS was only a 7. My VR was a 12 and 10 on BS.. I'm hoping my PS doesn't knock me out! I consistently scored 9 and 10 on the AAMC practices.. Also, I'm hoping that my PS GPA helps out since it's 3.75.
I'm in the same boat! I did well in two sections, but my PS was only a 7. My VR was a 12 and 10 on BS.. I'm hoping my PS doesn't knock me out! I consistently scored 9 and 10 on the AAMC practices.. Also, I'm hoping that my PS GPA helps out since it's 3.75.
Yeah I think the MCAT is a fantastic gauge of ability overall, but I don't think you can put a lot of weight in just one section. Sometimes things happen, it doesn't mean you are going to be a bad student or doctor.
Ahhhh I'm really hoping II's come out soon!!!
Ahhhh I'm really hoping II's come out soon!!!
me too!
me too!
Seems like we're at least a week away from that, judging from Maire's posts. Got to stay busy and not think about it!!
Seems like we're at least a week away from that, judging from Maire's posts. Got to stay busy and not think about it!!
👍
Go have fun while you still can. 😛
So I emailed Rush with a grades/activities update and they said they don't take grades etc. updates. Did I stick my foot in my mouth by sending one? Hope not... Rush is one of my absolute top choices... :-/
So I emailed Rush with a grades/activities update and they said they don't take grades etc. updates. Did I stick my foot in my mouth by sending one? Hope not... Rush is one of my absolute top choices... :-/
I wouldn't do it...especially not yet. They haven't even sent II's out from what I can tell so there's no need to play rebel.
So I emailed Rush with a grades/activities update and they said they don't take grades etc. updates. Did I stick my foot in my mouth by sending one? Hope not... Rush is one of my absolute top choices... :-/
Probably not. The adcommers I know (which is only like 3 of I don't know how many) are chill enough people. My guess, without driving them nuts by asking, is that they'll throw it out and not ever consider it being sent or that they will note your interest in the school.
Don't worry about it and don't send panicked emails asking if they'll hold the update against you haha
I *think* they're meeting today for the first time and if not today, then next Wednesday (They're always Wednesdays). II I believe come out a few days later.
Heads up: Do not stalk your email! II come at uber random times, between midnight and like five am. Mine came at 2:07 am. (True of last year, likely but not guaranteed to be true of this year).

Summary: Deep breaths. Go do other things. Check your email a non-excessive amount. Hang out with people not applying to medical school. Be happy!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody know if rush cares about "in the area interviewing" emails? dont want to cough up the cash for 2 flights to chitown if i dont have to ><
What do you mean by "cares about"?
I believe the first adcom has yet to even meet let alone review apps or offer II.
Interviews have absolutely not started yet, and won't until the mid-late of September (closer to the end of the month than the middle).
So if your interview at another school is in September, I would not bother.
What do you mean by "cares about"?
I believe the first adcom has yet to even meet let alone review apps or offer II.
Interviews have absolutely not started yet, and won't until the mid-late of September (closer to the end of the month than the middle).
So if your interview at another school is in September, I would not bother.
Haha I meant if they actually try to accommodate requests like that or they just ignore them. Im going to be at RFU oct 10th so I guess it would be pointless if they havent even met at all yet ;p
Haha I meant if they actually try to accommodate requests like that or they just ignore them. Im going to be at RFU oct 10th so I guess it would be pointless if they havent even met at all yet ;p
If you've been marked complete, you might luck out and hear from them before it.
I imagine they don't care much about in the area, if they don't take updates...
You could call. Then it's not associated with your name haha
You can access the secondary without an invite just a fyi if you want to get started on that.
The link is in the thread somewhere.
Awesome, thanks I look for it.
https://www.rushsupp.com/html/SampleApp2013.asp?201264952.8
So I sent out my filled out form, check, and passport on August 17 but I guess I didn't actually click submit my secondary online. If they received my form before submitting online would they just throw it away? Do I need to resend it or should they have notified me when they received it? Pretty nervous because got an email this morning saying I only have 10 more days
I did the same thing! I didn't see the submit button for the online portion at the way bottom of the screen. As long as you logged back in and submitted, you should be fine.
For those of you who like planning ahead, Rush does have a student hosting program for people to stay for interviews. (They just sent out the app for people to apply for coordinator)
I encourage this 1. because it will be way cheaper than a hotel (pretty sure it is free), 2. the only hotel closer than most students housing is the Marriot (and I assume these are the people who will host) 3. It will give you such an awesome chance to talk to a student/s about the school in a relaxed setting. 4. The host will take you to AAC and make sure you wont get lost or be late.
I did not use it for Rush because I had a place to stay but I really wish I had. I used one at SLU and even though I felt awkward about arriving at a random person's house it ended up being awesome. It definitely made me feel more at ease and helped answer many of my questions. So even if you are from Chicago, Id recommend it because of the opportunity to spend quality time with a Rush student(s).
I encourage this 1. because it will be way cheaper than a hotel (pretty sure it is free), 2. the only hotel closer than most students housing is the Marriot (and I assume these are the people who will host) 3. It will give you such an awesome chance to talk to a student/s about the school in a relaxed setting. 4. The host will take you to AAC and make sure you wont get lost or be late.
I did not use it for Rush because I had a place to stay but I really wish I had. I used one at SLU and even though I felt awkward about arriving at a random person's house it ended up being awesome. It definitely made me feel more at ease and helped answer many of my questions. So even if you are from Chicago, Id recommend it because of the opportunity to spend quality time with a Rush student(s).
Thanks GraMaire and DrAndy! And yeah, definitely trying not to stalk the email, but it's tough sometimes... kinda makes me wish we still got notifications by mail. At least you can only check that once a day. In any case, enjoying life is great advice 🙂
Staying busy helps.
Last year I got soooo stressed during applications. It definitely helped that I was still a fulltime student and a TA.
Feel free to pm questions. Im a big question person. I bugged a Rushian on Sdn last year and felt better after lol
Return to a hobby you love or find a new one. It will also give yoh an interview topic 🙂 I decided to start running seriously and am doing a second half on Sunday (but I might die since I have not had enough time to train... I bake too much lol another great hobby)
Last year I got soooo stressed during applications. It definitely helped that I was still a fulltime student and a TA.
Feel free to pm questions. Im a big question person. I bugged a Rushian on Sdn last year and felt better after lol
Return to a hobby you love or find a new one. It will also give yoh an interview topic 🙂 I decided to start running seriously and am doing a second half on Sunday (but I might die since I have not had enough time to train... I bake too much lol another great hobby)
Staying busy helps.
Last year I got soooo stressed during applications. It definitely helped that I was still a fulltime student and a TA.
Feel free to pm questions. Im a big question person. I bugged a Rushian on Sdn last year and felt better after lol
Return to a hobby you love or find a new one. It will also give yoh an interview topic 🙂 I decided to start running seriously and am doing a second half on Sunday (but I might die since I have not had enough time to train... I bake too much lol another great hobby)
blah
Last edited:
blah
?
I had a dumb response that was already answered and didn't know what else to write!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was at Rush today, walked around the hospital a bit, it's really really nice. Please Rush, send me an interview invite already!
I was at Rush today, walked around the hospital a bit, it's really really nice. Please Rush, send me an interview invite already!

Do they mail out II or email II?
Do they mail out II or email II?
Email. Last year at really odd hours.
I believe the first adcom has yet to even meet let alone review apps or offer II.
Do you know yet when they will be meeting for the first time and/or starting to send II's?
Question to current students of RMC and residents of Chicago:
How is the living situation there? Is crime really that bad? I don't know if anybody on here follows hip-hop but I dabble and I've been reading about Chief Keef which led to me reading about the recent 'spikes' in violence in Chicago with some shocking numbers; is Chicago a bad place to live in? How does it affect your living situation / education at RMC?
Answers/opinions/thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
EDIT: Oh and Irish Football, I believe GraMaire mentioned they already met. Last year they started sending out II on September 9th, so lets see what happens this Friday/next weekend! Seems they sped up their schedule last year (I just finished going thru last years entire thread hoping for some insight for the living situation around Chicago).
How is the living situation there? Is crime really that bad? I don't know if anybody on here follows hip-hop but I dabble and I've been reading about Chief Keef which led to me reading about the recent 'spikes' in violence in Chicago with some shocking numbers; is Chicago a bad place to live in? How does it affect your living situation / education at RMC?
Answers/opinions/thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
EDIT: Oh and Irish Football, I believe GraMaire mentioned they already met. Last year they started sending out II on September 9th, so lets see what happens this Friday/next weekend! Seems they sped up their schedule last year (I just finished going thru last years entire thread hoping for some insight for the living situation around Chicago).
Last edited:
Question to current students of RMC and residents of Chicago:
How is the living situation there? Is crime really that bad? I don't know if anybody on here follows hip-hop but I dabble and I've been reading about Chief Keef which led to me reading about the recent 'spikes' in violence in Chicago with some shocking numbers; is Chicago a bad place to live in? How does it affect your living situation / education at RMC?
Answers/opinions/thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
EDIT: Oh and Irish Football, I believe GraMaire mentioned they already met. Last year they started sending out II on September 9th, so lets see what happens this Friday/next weekend! Seems they sped up their schedule last year (I just finished going thru last years entire thread hoping for some insight for the living situation around Chicago).
I love Chicago, and where I live. I'd say everyone has a good living situation, although the people who Craigslisted roommates changed apartments etc.
It's a city. It has crimes. Don't live in the really bad neighborhoods/ghettos and it's fine.
I live near Rush and feel perfectly safe as a female to even run in my immediate area when it is dark out. I'd say crime rates don't affect my living situation or that of anyone I know.
As for my education, no effect. It perhaps leads to more patients at Stroger, but beyond that no effect as far as I can see.
I love Chicago, and where I live. I'd say everyone has a good living situation, although the people who Craigslisted roommates changed apartments etc.
It's a city. It has crimes. Don't live in the really bad neighborhoods/ghettos and it's fine.
I live near Rush and feel perfectly safe as a female to even run in my immediate area when it is dark out. I'd say crime rates don't affect my living situation or that of anyone I know.
As for my education, no effect. It perhaps leads to more patients at Stroger, but beyond that no effect as far as I can see.
This is all true. I want to note that most of the crimes you're hearing about happen to the west and to the south. Rush is pretty close to downtown, so it tends to be a safer neighborhood. Not to say you don't need to be careful, but it's really a pretty good area of the city to be in.
I love Chicago, and where I live. I'd say everyone has a good living situation, although the people who Craigslisted roommates changed apartments etc.
It's a city. It has crimes. Don't live in the really bad neighborhoods/ghettos and it's fine.
I live near Rush and feel perfectly safe as a female to even run in my immediate area when it is dark out. I'd say crime rates don't affect my living situation or that of anyone I know.
As for my education, no effect. It perhaps leads to more patients at Stroger, but beyond that no effect as far as I can see.
Alright, thanks for the heads up! And dunno why I said weekend, I meant week*, but then again September 9th last year was on a Friday... Might as well be the weekend...
Edit: Thanks to Reek too 😛
Last edited:
So since I guess nobody got a II today, that means we shouldn't expect anything until at least next Friday?
So since I guess nobody got a II today, that means we shouldn't expect anything until at least next Friday?
Listen, Rudy, all you have to worry about is Purdue. LOL. Enjoy the weekend.
Listen, Rudy, all you have to worry about is Purdue. LOL. Enjoy the weekend.
I know! Someone on ESPN put Notre Dame on upset alert! Can you believe that guy?!
😡
Listen, Rudy, all you have to worry about is Purdue. LOL. Enjoy the weekend.
👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II have gone out.
🙁.
Thanks for the heads up though! Good to know they're starting!
Gahhh want.
GraMaire, do you know if they only send invites in the middle of the night (like how you got yours) or do they send daytime emails too? (I know, I know, it shouldn't matter because I shouldn't be checking my email obsessively 😛...)
GraMaire, do you know if they only send invites in the middle of the night (like how you got yours) or do they send daytime emails too? (I know, I know, it shouldn't matter because I shouldn't be checking my email obsessively 😛...)
Gahhh want.
GraMaire, do you know if they only send invites in the middle of the night (like how you got yours) or do they send daytime emails too? (I know, I know, it shouldn't matter because I shouldn't be checking my email obsessively 😛...)
That I did not ask.
I happened to be hanging out with my buddy who is an adcommer and he mentioned he starts interviewing like Sept 26/27th. I am pretty sure they've only opened up two interview days so far, but not 100% certain.
Gotcha. No big deal - I guess the email is either gonna be in my inbox at some point or it's not. Anyway, thanks a ton for being so helpful.
II have gone out.
Wait, so NO ONE on SDN got one? I find that hard to believe...
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
