2012-2013 University of Colorado Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. No more acceptances? Is there anyone out there that hasn't heard anything yet? The CU admissions process has been particularly cruel this year.

Members don't see this ad.

I just want to get rejected so I can move on and join the circus. I'm perfecting my juggling skills.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to you chaps and lassies who didn't make it. There might be hope in the possibility CU admissions sent out the wrong email. I'm only half-joking.

I wonder what's gonna happen to the few of those who still haven't heard. Anyone care to wager? My bet is they somehow get drafted into the army.

Sorry to you chaps and lassies who didn't make it. There might be hope in the possibility CU admissions sent out the wrong email. I'm only half-joking.

I wonder what's gonna happen to the few of those who still haven't heard. Anyone care to wager? My bet is they somehow get drafted into the army.

CU wasn't the only school running a little behind. I was just rejected this morning by Jefferson Medical College:sleep:, and I imagine there are others.

CU wasn't the only school running a little behind. I was just rejected this morning by Jefferson Medical College:sleep:, and I imagine there are others.

+1 about JMC. I was super broken up about that :laugh:

Best of luck to everyone still waiting on the final day! I really hope some of you all get some good news today.

Yesterday I called the admissions office and asked about my status. I was told there is a pool of about 50 students who are still getting reviewed. When I asked her how many acceptances had already been given, all she said was, "Oh - we still have a lot of open seats." I then wanted to ask, "You've had my file for 9 months and my interview impressions for 7. What more could you possibly learn by going over it a few more times?" But, left that thought out...

Today I just got an email saying April 12 is the new deadline. 10 bucks says they push that back, too.

lol you dyslexic fool. it was April 21.

Do any current medical students lurking around here know if the ADCOM is receptive to LORs/LOIs from an applicant's current employer / research PIs? I'm on the waitlist and am hoping to nudge them into an acceptance.

I know that it officially doesn't make a difference, however I'm just wondering if they trash those letters or actually consider them and/or get annoyed that we keep badgering them.

Just talked to admissions committee. It seems there are very few slots left, but they are still deciding on a couple of applicants. Best of luck guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
I dunno whether or not CU drug tests for MJ, but I can't imagine anything dumber to chance your med school admission on.

For chrissakes...it's weed.

Not sure if you they test you prior to enrollment, but I know you have to take the whizz-quiz before 3rd year rotations.

Anyone receive their financial aid package yet?

Anyone receive their financial aid package yet?

I got an email saying mine was ready to view through my UCDaccess account, but I cant find it! I thought it would be under"accept/decline awards" but it says "award information not available.":confused: :shrug:

If you haven't gotten an email about it, at Second Look the financial aid representative said
1. Check your UCD email. It was probably sent there. If you haven't done so, set it up.

2. Call them if there is still no email about your aid package.

EDIT: I found it. If you go through the student center>financial aid>accept/decline awards I was able to access it.

Last edited:
Did I miss the boat on getting a UCDaccess account? How do I go about this? I was accepted back in October!

Did I miss the boat on getting a UCDaccess account? How do I go about this? I was accepted back in October!

Ahh! I don't know my log-in information, either. I was e-mailed an ISIS ID number a while back but I don't know if that's even relevant here. I wanna know what I got (to pay)!!

I'm sure you didn't miss anything! I work on campus so I already had a UCD login and email and I think that expedited the process/made it less confusing for me. ;)

Check out this website:
http://hslibraryguides.ucdenver.edu/content.php?pid=123743&sid=3430072

I got an email with my student ID a while back, and with that information you should be able to claim your email account. Also, I found this info on the website, perhaps they can answer additional questions.

IT Services Helpdesk (CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus):
303-724-4357 (HELP)
Monday to Friday, 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
[email protected]

Let us know if you are able to set it up. I believe financial aid info went out to the UCD emails, so hopefully you can get to your account without too much trouble.

I'll go through some old emails when I get a chance and check to see if there is any helpful info.:thumbup:

I'm sure you didn't miss anything! I work on campus so I already had a UCD login and email and I think that expedited the process/made it less confusing for me. ;)

Check out this website:
http://hslibraryguides.ucdenver.edu/content.php?pid=123743&sid=3430072

I got an email with my student ID a while back, and with that information you should be able to claim your email account. Also, I found this info on the website, perhaps they can answer additional questions.

IT Services Helpdesk (CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus):
303-724-4357 (HELP)
Monday to Friday, 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
[email protected]

Let us know if you are able to set it up. I believe financial aid info went out to the UCD emails, so hopefully you can get to your account without too much trouble.

I'll go through some old emails when I get a chance and check to see if there is any helpful info.:thumbup:

This was SO helpful! Thanks so much! I was able to create my account using the ISIS ID number I received. However, they don't have my financial aid package on there yet. It says "award information not yet available." Bummer, I guess I'll have to wait a little bit longer... :(

Thanks for the help! And I found a loop hole in finding your FA... If you go to student center, and click on view FA instead of accept/decline FA, you should be able to click on the applicable year and see what they have offered you.

Thanks for the help! And I found a loop hole in finding your FA... If you go to student center, and click on view FA instead of accept/decline FA, you should be able to click on the applicable year and see what they have offered you.

That's how I found mine too! I couldn't explain it very well... So does anyone know what the next step is? I'm pretty clueless!

That's how I found mine too! I couldn't explain it very well... So does anyone know what the next step is? I'm pretty clueless!

If you don't mind me asking, did you receive any aid or was it all loans?

:: opens door ::

:: peers in ::

"Hullo? Anyone there?"

*crickets*

:: closes door ::

tumblr_lx7cfqBg8y1r9x0sdo1_500.gif

Yes, I too was wondering! Is there anybody out there still waiting to hear back? And for those of you on the waitlist, has there been any word of movement yet?

Still waitlisted

Earlier in the thread I noticed that the % of OOS accepted is a lot higher than IS, so does that mean the waitlist movement is going to come mostly from IS?

Still waitlsted. Not expecting to hear anything until after May 15 at the earliest.

Yes, I too was wondering! Is there anybody out there still waiting to hear back? And for those of you on the waitlist, has there been any word of movement yet?

I'm still waiting to hear back...it feels like this train is never going to come.

My punch-stained carpet guess makes no sense once you access SDN from a laptop and realize the picture is a cat gif

Still waitlisted

Earlier in the thread I noticed that the % of OOS accepted is a lot higher than IS, so does that mean the waitlist movement is going to come mostly from IS?

Ms. LingoLaine dropped some knowledge on us earlier with her 43% c/o 2016 OOS citation: http://mobile.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=13874047

I've no idea what the current class make-up is at the moment. Does anyone here? If it stands at ~43% before they start pulling people off the WL--and if CU wants to keep that number--I would assume the majority of WL acceptances also to be OOS, since the majority of people who turn down spots at CU will be OOS.

If the class as it stands is skewed towards OOS (think 60+%), then the opposite happens and CU starts scooping up you lucky sods who live in Colorado (even though the Californians are ruining it).

Or they're arranging our applications into a big pile in the admissions office and throwing darts at said pile while wearing blindfolds. The lucky ones get stuck.

[QUOTE

Or they're arranging our applications into a big pile in the admissions office and throwing darts at said pile while wearing blindfolds. The lucky ones get stuck.[/QUOTE]

:thumbup:

Sup, y'all? I'm reading Dante's Inferno. Who knew they had med school applications back in the 13th century?

Rejected. Post email. Interviewed in November. About time....lol

I meant to write via email. I was on my phone. Sorry.

I had to look deep inside, but I think I found the means to forgive you :)

In all honesty, sorry to hear your bad news. Unless I'm mistaken, you've been accepted somewhere else, eh? I'm mired on the waitlist elsewhere w/ no acceptances, so you're sitting prettier than I am. I'm actually probably joining you shortly in the CU rejection cohort. My app is probably only kept around for laughs in the admissions office.

If anyone cares, I looked back in last year's thread and some SDNers were accepted off the waitlist as early as May 17 and as late as July 9.

You know what, its okay, they're just saving the best for last...who eats dessert first anyway

It seems like people were rejected/WT for the 4/12 deadline...does this mean the 3/28 WT is the front end?

It seems like people were rejected/WT for the 4/12 deadline...does this mean the 3/28 WT is the front end?
One can only hope! (I too was waitlisted on 3/28). I'm not sure it works that way though. It seems that they just review applicants and roll out decisions in batches.

Status
Not open for further replies.